FYI: Next Island and Ancient Greece Crafting, Loot & Material Info

GREAT JOB +rep :)

Since time travel crystals aren't used to travel to Ancient Greece any more (not sure exactly when that requirement changed) the usefulness of the time travel crystals doesn't really exist, but this blasted item and the blueprint for it still are all over the Next Island and Secret Island economies... I've got a Pygmy Kong and Island Gorilla that I'm working on upping levels on to make them exportable, so I'm on Secret Island. When I read that this crafting event was going on, I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and started crafting here. In the few days I've done that I've looted a full Next Island (L) Blueprint book of time travel crystal blueprints, and am working on filling a second one. WTF!?!?

I'm not going to stop crafting here, but just find it odd as hell that Mindark or Next Island devs never put out any notification to the community at all about the time travel crystals no longer needing to exist in game when they removed the cost to travel to Ancient Greece, and even funnier that they left the crystals and blueprints to craft them in game, allowing crafters to loot tons of them... I posted about the situation on Next Island's forum, sent a support ticket about the situation to Mindark, and have also sent a message to David Post himself on Facebook about the situation. We'll see if this problematic situation continues. You'd hope Mindark or Next Island team would do something to fix this. Sad that it's been going on this long and no one's done a damn thing about it yet.

Mindark, if you are reading this and delete the crystals and blueprint from the servers, I'd suggest compensation of at least 1000% tt value for each blueprint and crystal to all participants that have em in storage or inventory...

better solution would be TO ACTUALLY CREATE NEW BLUEPRINTS THAT USE THE CRYSTALS OR NEW LANDS THAT REQUIRE THEM IN THE TELEPORTERS OTHER THAN ANCIENT GREECE. Please DON'T re-add the cost to get to Ancient Greece, instead create some new server and land to go with it that makes use of the crystals to get there... Your white paper on deep token indicated that a few new planets were in the works... since deep token flopped, take the work that was going towards that and make it a new time zone/continent for Secret Island/Next Island that you can access from either, and make the crystals the key to get there... also create new line of tools and items that use the crystals as keys perhaps...

Another 'solution' since you messed up the current crafting event a bit from the start by giving that one guy full TT mamba blueprints, might be to compensate TT Value of each time crystal blueprint with TT Value of Mamba blueprints for all time crystal blueprints looted since this current crafting event started? ;) :)

Last edited:
Mindark, if you are reading this and delete the crystals and blueprint from the servers, I'd suggest compensation of at least 1000% tt value for each blueprint and crystal to all participants that have em in storage or inventory.

:lolup: Sorry but MA technically only owe the TT value, which i'm sure they would rather compensate that way instead of giving out 100 times that (Despite values of the BP's and crystal's being low). So if they do remove these as per your suggestion, then anything above TT is a bonus.

AFAIK David Post has nothing to do with EU anymore.

Care to point us to official notification of this?

Oh my god. The info is very old.

I'll try to find it again but I'm not even sure where I saw that.

I think it was on the official Twitter account of himself and NI. Something like five years ago ? Maybe more.

Oh my god. The info is very old.

I'll try to find it again but I'm not even sure where I saw that.

I think it was on the official Twitter account of himself and NI. Something like five years ago ? Maybe more.

I remember the notice about studio employees being fired but thought head hancho was still there... facebook account still lists him as ceo at next island

So who is adding new content to NI these days?

So who is adding new content to NI these days?

My understanding is that MA finally took over from DP after years of his total neglect. In the process, they ripped the ClubNeverDie server area and moved it to RT as Secret Island, since it belonged to ND as payment for building NI in the first place.

MA (I assume) did some work on NI when cleaning up that job - it looked like they were testing out some new ideas - the 'roller-coaster firing-range, etc., and since then have added/updated a lot on NI, as we've seen some large updates at VU's, but little to nothing in announcements. Hmmm.

I haven't been back in a while, but I'm going there soon.

Peace, Miles

P.S. Anyone with real knowledge (including MA accounts) who wishes to correct, expand, update, mock, etc., my take - have at it.

Added the loots from the Desert Crawlers lvl 22-25.
Not much to say except they drop Citrine and the rest specific to NI/AG crafting are wool, fine wool and animal muscle oil.

My understanding is that MA finally took over from DP after years of his total neglect. In the process, they ripped the ClubNeverDie server area and moved it to RT as Secret Island, since it belonged to ND as payment for building NI in the first place.

MA (I assume) did some work on NI when cleaning up that job - it looked like they were testing out some new ideas - the 'roller-coaster firing-range, etc., and since then have added/updated a lot on NI, as we've seen some large updates at VU's, but little to nothing in announcements. Hmmm.

I haven't been back in a while, but I'm going there soon.

Peace, Miles

P.S. Anyone with real knowledge (including MA accounts) who wishes to correct, expand, update, mock, etc., my take - have at it.

More has happened the last year actually. A few more mobs and a very debated area up north.
I submitted a few bug reports latelly and those are actually fixed now. :yay:

Bump with updated drops for Bruce at Warrior Peak. Did a 100 ped hunt.

Some serious changes since 2017 where i had 33 differant items in loot and now only 17 (including shrapnel).

A lot of the papoo stuff have been removed but can be found in other mobs.
Some crystals that are not included in any known bps has been removed like Tanzanite Crystal, Thulite Crystal and Tiger's Eye. The crystals I looted this time can be used in the known NI bps.

It seems those crystals that have been saved can be used to craft the NIP series guns, some slicer melee weapons, the Hoplite Breastplate and Hoplite Gloves (which also use the not dropping Prateonium stones.)

Don't know what to think of this but looks like some loot balancing has been done, removing stuff that is not used.

Back