Planet Calypso New Player Walkthrough

Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
My walkthrough is completed! I uploaded it to GameFAQ's that might get us some more attention to the game too.

Official Website:
www.entropiatutorial.com

GameFAQ version:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/448621-entropia-universe/faqs/74636

Google Docs Comment-able Version:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D1qwvglEZ8lYYtXHmhs-tWC2-v7SxfiDkKR3sQsxcpU/edit?usp=sharing

Google Docs Published Version:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D1qwvglEZ8lYYtXHmhs-tWC2-v7SxfiDkKR3sQsxcpU/pub

Walkthrough Introduction said:
Section 1.1: About Entropia Universe

Welcome to the Entropia Universe! Entropia Universe, commonly shortened to Entropia or EU, is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) whose unique features have allowed the virtual creation to flourish for over fourteen years. So why have you just stumbled upon it recently? Where has Entropia been hiding for over a decade? MindArk PE AB, the primary developers of Entropia headquartered in Goteborg, Sweden, have opted to market the game organically, setting world records and capitalizing on press releases, rather than running major advertising campaigns. As a result, the player base is fairly modest in size. However, it is comprised of quite a few dedicated individuals who have discovered a corner of the internet like no other; a hidden treasure in the endless sea of online recreation.

What are these features that so markedly set Entropia apart from the typical MMORPG? First of all, there is no defined end game or maximum character level. There are hundreds of skills, attributes, and professions to advance, but their levels are uncapped, with no end goal imposed upon the player. Personally, I find this tremendously enticing, as I have never enjoyed the experience of rushing to the end of a game, just to restart from the beginning and repeatedly traverse the same content.

Another attractive facet of Entropia is its massive world, ripe for exploration, where there is always something undiscovered just around the corner. The universe is divided into several planets, encompassed by a region of outer space. Each planet (as well as space) is enormous, and space stations, asteroids, caves, and other environments furnish the world with even more content to explore.

By far the most significant feature of Entropia is its Real Cash Economy (RCE) foundation. Players can participate in the game for free, and plenty do so; there are no download/account/monthly fees. Alternatively, real United States Dollars (USD) may be deposited into the game to be exchanged for its in-world currency, Project Entropia Dollars (PED), at a fixed conversion rate of 10 PED per 1 USD. Here's the interesting part: Players can initiate the inverse transaction as well! PED may be withdrawn from the game and converted into USD at the same conversion rate. You can withdraw in-world currency that you've deposited, earned, or won to your actual bank account.

However, as Entropia is maintained by a corporation and is not a get-rich-quick scheme, the overall PED balance of the player base must decline over time, through gameplay. If it did not, the developers would have to disburse at least as much USD to cover withdraws as they'd accumulated through deposits, earning no surplus to cover operating expenses, let alone profit for their shareholders. What this means is at least some players must take a financial loss while playing; not everyone can profit. If you are an "average" player, the PED costs associated with your gameplay activities, such as item decay, will outweigh the expected PED value generated by those activities.

Of course, you need not be an average player; there are practices and principles you can learn to implement to place yourself ahead of the curve. The most basic examples include newcomer friendly gameplay activities which award PED but have no cost. You can perform services for other players, find items that spawn on the ground, use external (officially approved) websites such as <removed> to earn PED by completing surveys and offers, or collect Vibrant Sweat from creatures. Most of these activities award PED rather slowly; you will not earn a real life salary, but you will be able to begin playing the game for free.

Section 1.2: About This Walkthrough

As evident in its aforesaid exploration potential and lack of an objective end game, Entropia has grown up firmly rooted in the sandbox side of the design spectrum. However, the game does include a mission system for players who prefer to be aided in setting goals, or wish to take advantage of the bonus rewards the missions offer. Recently, the developers have added many newcomer friendly missions, with item rewards capable of financially kickstarting your game play. This walkthrough will show you where to find and how to complete all such missions on Planet Calypso (Calypso), the largest and most robustly developed planet in Entropia. There are many different ways to tackle the mission chains, including ordering choices, responses to decisions the missions explicitly present, and approaches to utilizing rewarded PED and items. This walkthrough spells out a recommendation of one such way.

The walkthrough also outlines a few costless gameplay activities beyond the mission system that award PED or items, and offers some control and interface tips. However, it is not as exhaustive with respect to these topics, so feel free to consult other tutorials if you want a more in depth guide to these features, or are confused about anything mentioned in this walkthrough.
As you read, remember that your gameplay decisions are ultimately yours to make. This walkthrough strives to make economically optimized recommendations, but it is perfectly valid to deviate a bit in order to suit your own goals.

For example, rewarded items with names ending in "(L)" are limited items, and can never be repaired once broken, so perhaps you'd prefer to refrain from using these items, keeping them instead as a souvenir of your newcomer experience. In this case, you might stray from an instruction to refrain from using a different, unlimited item in its place. It is very unlikely that this will have a profound, negative impact on your success with the game in the long run. However, for the most optimized financial results, follow the walkthrough meticulously and progress through missions in the order they are presented.

Last edited:
Snippet of the walkthrough:

~ Chapter 2: Thule ~

Section 2.1: Crystalline Caverns

After creating your avatar, you will start your adventure on Thule, in Crystalline Caverns.
Complete the movement tutorial, then speak with the first Non-Player Character (NPC) in sight, Security Chief Harkov. She will give you a free gun worth 0.10 PED, along with 0.20 PED in Universal Ammo.

JHop2SahfsG_pbJchYneJYS4pZkIwP8pwO2LAE2x_XzeDwIswPMmc_OSRHNnOlONRgtwD3n21lYrAkPktDoaWcXsMabwBAKZQqvUBrGU44mnyL5rsx6LaxWz3ud62SLSeaveqzAo

Ask for help using the weapon (even if you don’t really need it) to begin your first mission. You will kill five practice drones, each with a single shot from your gun.
After killing all the creatures, run through the large energy field to complete the mission (indicated by the appearance of a window), and receive 0.04 PED in Universal Ammo.

Section 2.2:
Genesis Alpha Station

After leaving the cavern, speak with Mr. Yoshida to start the first leg of your Thule mission chain.

nEpqky67ZkDCojJqLQZOuaTDiwLPIk1c1uC5HWk7wtDvsIRfL0Aj8WuX-BIQextl1ydVKy3Ir4G9y2uK_BbR1AhlqA8ICQJvTkorNYwwPQUUrHED4ydvtMu7ISMGe2pogJpHqr7D

He will ask you to visit Jimmy, who has a special task for you.

4E26BfZzG_dI0MJFjND0TrBklCL0Jjpg9VtO3DsZAVGBKfcflb7vauhCGcEEY66JdxR1KIbfiEtLg6MCAR7aYo0c02rI2XRBQScLWUlKUSdnorZsrv4iekslOTKRpSLmKJeqyf1B

There is an issue with the cables, which he will ask you to inspect. Run to the waypoint that appears behind you (stand as close to it as possible).

qXgorPEG-j7EWhJma_lNgOXKPVsmn5mi80BBH0Wt3xTrPmtlZlzGin5pmVPIib1bQKeWwoO4wq2YyZaiqx3X67z-BnF9AET9TmyUqGghsAiEpxIv7BS6r1FRsvvNhhTEzvXOkW5g

Then return to Jimmy and he will reward you with 0.40 PED in Universal Ammo and some Anatomy skill.

NOTE: Skills can be extracted into an item called an “Empty Skill Implant,” then sold or traded to other players, so even skill-only rewards have potential PED value.

Jimmy will then send you to kill three Highland Exarosaurs, to prevent them from breaking the cables again.

W40Cc71UXs40cmeNgLYh496JUqwp7nnACYniTLQ8dwHO2IgIP8UDNhA4bZAqfkeo6tZmIWUh2JrGE53cUCk29GeOfVFnVAQtIVR4zDXY7sd2QBnR8ZI4laVwuxaz3R8iIrRWdzgs

Go to the waypoint around the corner and eliminate the three creatures as requested. In order to conserve ammunition, do not hunt any extra creatures. Then return to Jimmy once again to be rewarded with some Handgun skill.

He will then ask you to repair the turret. Walk to the waypoint displayed on your map, without shooting any creatures along the way, and double-click the nearby battery on the ground.

Vgs9Gq3165DD2tuQMmbQZMGQ7E1WTiOn192FZ1NGIwxi66ZNFBoV9AOnQgFq5sqxVGiiY3HvOrqMVxu6--FPo8MO9oXJMzyYDy4w5-3yFS0963Eh1avxlXR7wwEBzqT3kQZUM38W

This will net you an Electronics skill reward. Shortly after, you’ll receive a message from Yoshida asking you to assist Paul Rienhardt. Walk down the road to meet him.
Speaking with Paul yields a reward of Dexterity skill.

rhw9OsGDxd2AH7Ap0ScZ4iuko9Hbm0yZC7kcMRuFdq2cVCcE5I_zX5m31zgecebCTzJTBbrUfE32rNuQE1IVPZwX4Gdv9f3zvV-Q6a5wdiUBRTAUCdReajZS2e8P2YpAhICJs5Bz

He will give you another 0.40 PED in Universal Ammo and a Vivo Explorer (L), then send you to locate a nearby drill rig. The Vivo Explorer (L) is a health recovery tool referred to as a Fast Aid Pack (FAP). It has a value of 0.05 PED, so it won’t last long. Use it sparingly, if at all.

NOTE: As items in Entropia can be sold and ultimately converted into USD, using (and consequently decaying) them has a real monetary cost. So healing with your new Vivo yields an expense, whereas healing naturally over time is completely free.

53fefObuSsxbebYfsQflZLBIrMJ5RoWk8eHBH3ScVzYKVYLyQZbNFcV1XNCSG-IqxfDyNta_ONOUsnuaKpmIH4twIJMSB2dE3x6WqxHzbD032Wgr5_i-uppNhKO5nNymfAGBad5m

Can the title be corrected (I am a bad speller :p) and this be moved to the tutorial section?

Awesome work. Cant wait to see the coming updates.

This needs a stickify!

Nice work!!

Excellent Work!

Didn't realise there were so many newbie quests, might have to check if I've done them all.

While it is a good tutorial, I wonder if it'll stick around here in this forum since it's advertising an affiliate link with all the mentioning of <removed> everywhere, and has an actual affiliate link code in it...
Section 1.3: Register/Download (Bonus Offer!)

Account Creation link: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/AFFILIATE LINK JUNK

Copy and paste the link above to your browser to create your Entropia Universe account and receive a 50 PED ($5.00 USD) bonus. You must use the above link to be eligible.

(Contact Thaddeus Rusty Venture in-world to receive the PED, or register for <link removed> to have the bonus credited to your site account. Funds will be paid approximately 30 days after registration for verification purposes. You must also acquire a small amount of skill to qualify. Do NOT create a new account for this offer if you already have one.)

Download link: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/download/?AFFILIATE LINK JUNK

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Guide...good work :cool:

While it is a good tutorial, I wonder if it'll stick around here in this forum since it's advertising an affiliate link with all the mentioning of <removed> everywhere, and has an actual affiliate link code in it...

The post is 100% allowed according the forum rules. There is no affiliate link to <removed>
anywhere in the walk through. Only a direct URL to the Entropia Related Service which is 100% permitted. While the affiliate link to Entropia Universe that I have in the walk through is not allowed on these forums, it is also not posted on these forums. So no rules are broken. <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Expect Part 2: Rocktropia in the coming weeks!

Last edited:
Looks nice! any drafts available for the RT tutorial already?

Very good work indeed.

Which teleporters does a newcomer start out with now?

wow, your website really looks great!

very professional!

Thank you. No more starting point on Amethera? Interesting.

One gets those by talking to Teleporter Technician (been that way for several years, last confirmed ~2 months ago).

One gets those by talking to Teleporter Technician (been that way for several years, last confirmed ~2 months ago).

I see, thank you. Due to not mentoring I'm not well connected here. Is it still New Oxford, or several? Apologies if I missed some reading.

I see, thank you. Due to not mentoring I'm not well connected here. Is it still New Oxford, or several? Apologies if I missed some reading.

Not 100% sure but afaik New Oxford, Treasure Island (City?) and PA/Corinth (depending on whether you talk to technician in Corinth or PA :)).

Looks good. Nice job.

Dang, I knew it ;) Skimmed over too fast. Thanks -- you must spread some... to both.

only just took a peek, but looks very nice! you could perfectly complement it with a youtube series, of course

Your advice at the gauntlet, " shoot as Little ammo as possible", could create a type of player who Will later on in game get kicked out of all societies he joins.

Your advice at the gauntlet, " shoot as Little ammo as possible", could create a type of player who Will later on in game get kicked out of all societies he joins.
Most of the creatures in the gauntlet don't even need to be damaged to complete it.

Last edited:
This guide will help us understand the same rate as possible and the difference is that callous behavior can you be a small part is that the risk of a serious injury may book a good trick for your child to be honest with your doctor or other medical experts.

Most of the creatures in the gauntlet don't even need to be damaged to complete it.

Spawn is right. You may not need to shoot most of the creatures, but I find a lot of ppl that don't want to share the damage on the laser doors and reactors in gauntlet 1 (Those are wastes of PEDs. I really wish they drop something). I've grouped with a lot of ppl and some of them aren't even shooting until I shoot.

Back