ND - Jobs - Oh dear!

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
'Office of the President of Virtual Reality

Citizens of ROCKtropia are encouraged to work to save humanity by defending the economy from AI Bots. The President of Virtual Reality has set up a conscription program which will provide upward of 1 Billion Jobs paying a wage of $10 per month to bot hunters. Report to the Parking Lot at Club NEVERDIE to enlist. Conscripts will be paid on a daily basis upon completing their daily quota.'

In the real world, a job is where you are paid. This is not that, you are not given peds to hunt with, you have to use your own gear, your own decay, and you get a small/tiny reward at the end.

So you pay hundreds of ped to recieve back a fraction of that as a prize at the end. And he is calling this a JOB????? I can see it now, ND provides billions of 'Jobs' where they pay him (in taxes hunting on his land area) with their own money. Pyramid scheme anyone?

And still calling himself the 'president of virtual reality', when no one outside, let alone inside, Entropia recoginses the position or has even heard of him.

Rgds

Ace

Oh dear! $10 per month and you need to pay for the privilege?!?!?! Is that really a job, or am I missing something?

isn't that similar to the early stages of ark oratans? where you were "paid" a small amount of UA for completing the daily

lol, i realize a lot of folks hate him but not you, nor anyone else, knows the nature of the missions yet as it is not yet active since the VU (usually takes MA about a day to activate new RT missions after a VU).

however, from looking at the set up at the mission npcs - it looks like you get a weapon and ammo to use (again not confirmed until active).

How about wait until it is turned on and then bitch once we know the nature of the work ? :)

Hmmm...
interesting..,
http://neverdie.com/vrforum/115531-billion-job-vu-president-of-virtual-reality

The video recording thing sounds interesting, but probably a bit costly to do it for a full year... might be cheaper to buy a shop and the deed off of current deed and bp owner than being a virtual slave for a year?

Something that's rather funny is that the live streams, if recorded longer than just 'live' will not have much sound since youtube, and other streaming places are ripping sounds out of RT videos left and right for copyright infringment since most of the music coming out of rt doesn't have a licence that allows players to re-stream it... Maybe the virtual president should hire a virtual musician that can create original music to allow the streamers to use.

Another damn apartment complex, urgh... shoulda seen that coming.

Last edited:
Ok, it is active now. when you take the mission you get a .5tt pistol and 1 ped of ammo with it, mission tells you to kill 40 of a special type of mob (AI) and says you will be paid if you kill them. also warns you to only kill them with this weapon/ammo or it will break/run out and you cannot complete the mission.

Hmmm...
interesting..,

Something that's rather funny is that the live streams, if recorded longer than just 'live' will not have much sound since youtube, and other streaming places are ripping sounds out of RT videos left and right for copyright infringment since most of the music coming out of rt doesn't have a licence that allows players to re-stream it... Maybe the virtual president should hire a virtual musician that can create original music to allow the streamers to use.

Another damn apartment complex, urgh... shoulda seen that coming.

You can turn the in-game live stream off - i never have it on.

Lol...

http://neverdie.com/vrforum/forum/r...overnment/115396-rocktropia-citizens-registry

ROCKTROPIA CITIZENS REGISTRY

Add your full Avatar Name to this thread in order to Register as a Citizen of ROCKtropia and participate in the democracy.
Voting will require a token as a proof of citizenship. You will need to exchange 100 ROCKbucks for a Token.

ROCKbucks are earned when completing instances on ROCKtropia.
each ROCKbuck has a nominal value of 1pec

Details on how to exchange ROCKbucks for a Token required to vote will be posted here soon.

NOTE: Further requirements may be required to prove citizenship in order to ensure that voting in the ROCKtropia elections is restricted to active participants. Further requirements will only be deemed required in order to discourage exploitation or sabotage of the system and ensure votes are placed in Good Faith.

To Register as a ROCKtropia citizen you are not required to be a full time ROCKtropia only player. you may also be an active player on other planets in the Universe.

NOTE: Exchanging ROCKbucks for your Token to Vote does not equate to buying your right to Vote, it is simply an exchange.

The rockbucks are used for the secondary tp system on RT.... cost to tp around on that is 1 pec/rockbuck per tp I believe... There's terminals for that thing all over the place over there.

You can turn the in-game live stream off - i never have it on.
true, but that's pretty boring... If I don't want the music on I just hit mute on main os.

true, but that's pretty boring... If I don't want the music on I just hit mute on main os.

yeah but i always play with outside game music playing in the background.

Ok, it is active now. when you take the mission you get a .5tt pistol and 1 ped of ammo with it, mission tells you to kill 40 of a special type of mob (AI) and says you will be paid if you kill them. also warns you to only kill them with this weapon/ammo or it will break/run out and you cannot complete the mission.

Any further information about this quest / job on RT forums that can elaborate further?

Could be interesting, guess wait and see what it's all about.

Another RT (tm) update, another controversy thread, and yet again ND (tm) showing he's a rebel and man of the people.

CAPSLOCKFCKYEAH !!!

Disclaimer - Could be a good addition to RT, just makes me chuckle how every VU is something that stirs the pot.

Last edited:
U guys need to understand marketing.

This whole fiasco is meant to increase Rocktropia's population. That place is a desert. What Neverdie doesn't understand is how flawed his planet is.

You intend to share your expertise?

first of all the planet looks like a total mess. so many mixed genres that dont fit together... this takes away most of the fun. next thing is all this "look how cool i am" item names. thats the biggest turnoff for me. next thing is that you have a hard time finding missions. on caly or ark you basically have 1 mission terminal for all kill missions. thats convenient and creates interest. but i dont want to have to hug a forum or a tutorial all the time to search the next fucking kill mission when i just want to grind a bit.
another big thing is that ND seems to be taking a lot more planet tax than all other planets. when you take ur simple f105 finder and go search some ores planetside then you will get a huge amount of tiny (II) hits on ore. on other planets these are very very rare or even basically non existent. on RT though im getting lots of em which means that hes taking more than others. for the non miners: a tiny hit on ore means u get back less than the actual probe costs.
and another big turnoff is that ND is a lying bag of shit that has basically zero reputation and im not going to invest / support such a person.

first of all the planet looks like a total mess. so many mixed genres that dont fit together... this takes away most of the fun. next thing is all this "look how cool i am" item names. thats the biggest turnoff for me. next thing is that you have a hard time finding missions. on caly or ark you basically have 1 mission terminal for all kill missions. thats convenient and creates interest. but i dont want to have to hug a forum or a tutorial all the time to search the next fucking kill mission when i just want to grind a bit.
another big thing is that ND seems to be taking a lot more planet tax than all other planets. when you take ur simple f105 finder and go search some ores planetside then you will get a huge amount of tiny (II) hits on ore. on other planets these are very very rare or even basically non existent. on RT though im getting lots of em which means that hes taking more than others. for the non miners: a tiny hit on ore means u get back less than the actual probe costs.
and another big turnoff is that ND is a lying bag of shit that has basically zero reputation and im not going to invest / support such a person.

i also feel the planet seems like a mess, it's like he has idea after idea and bolts them together regardless. I don't mind clinging to a forum, so since i found a list on here i was happy.
My biggest issue is, the amount of taxed LA's, its like everything of interest is taxed. I don't mind the LA in the south as its not owned by ND, but hunting in those areas makes me feel like i'm been taxed twice by ND, once for decay and once for loot.

plus the sheer amount of lootables is a pain

Mostly generalizations of personal tastes and experiences here. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, being aware of the limits of extrapolation is not everybody's strength. This is nothing new, of course.

first of all the planet looks like a total mess. so many mixed genres that dont fit together... this takes away most of the fun.
It does the opposite for me, I like the variety. I also like the general sense of defiance of political correctness. I would concede that things are a bit crammed, which is due to half of the map having gone. Same effect on Cyrene, which is only 1/3 now.

next thing is that you have a hard time finding missions. on caly or ark you basically have 1 mission terminal for all kill missions. thats convenient and creates interest. but i dont want to have to hug a forum or a tutorial all the time to search the next fucking kill mission when i just want to grind a bit.
It does the opposite for me, these terminals are a real turn-off. They turn a game into a drab industry. I like the little sense of adventure seeking them out in the wild, like the Atrox or Molisk mission brokers on Calypso. If I had it my way, all of them would be quite removed from the next tp, ideally you even have to fight to get to them. Terminals are okay for dailies, imo, but the RT mobile phones are cooler if they were used this way. I know people have been screaming for terminals and got them in the end, but I'm glad they kept the old NPC's on Caly. I return to them out of principle.

The problem with finding information on RT missions and other useful bits is a bit peculiar. Entropedia and various forums get filled and usually kept up-to-date pretty well by players on any planet except Rocktropia (few notable exceptions from great tutorial threads here on PCF). Why this is so I have no idea but it doesn't look like ND's fault.

You're around long enough to know that playing on taxed land yields just a greater variety of experiences, both for the better and the worse. The bad sticks in the mind, this is human. Again my own experience is the opposite here. The most I've hunted on RT is Zombies, sample size being the boot camp mission up to completing 5k stage in one go (ca. 4 weeks). I walked away with over 97% tt return, better than anything else at the time on any planet. It did surprise me, given the taxes. I just stop when something is too lossy and look for greener pastures. It's dynamic...

An accusation which falls back on the accuser if not accompanied by sound evidence. May get you anything from dismissal as immature to a slander lawsuit. Carry on...

Reactions: ZPF
just a thought, if UK is leaving the EU (European Union), will RT's little London be leaving the EU (Entropia Universe)

a little reference would be fun, billboards for independence from Rocktropia

@san

i think u misunderstood what i meant with ND taxing stuff. im not talking about the mining finds (tiny II) on the taxed LAs. im talking about the non taxed areas. on those the amount of tinys i find is incredibly high compared to any other planet ive been to which leads to the conclusion that ND has a higher base tax on his planet than anyone else. or do you have another explanation to this phenomenon?

and to ND as a person: the thing why i dont like him, as well as many, many others as well, is that he is just lying or better say feeding bullshit to the community. i mean come on. 1 billion jobs? seriously? thats not even fucking possible in any fucking way. he must be a moron if he believes that bullshit or he is intentionally trying to fool people stupid enough to believe it. pretty much everything he is talking about and every "vision" he has is obvious bullshit and is just made to glorify him, pretty much the same as with kim jong un or donald trump. loud, glorifying himself and talkign bullshit all the time. and thats not an opinion, thats pretty much fact. next thing is that he changes the rules of his events on the fly so he can give better rewards to people that he likes more and gives useless crap to people he doesnt like that much but who got a better placement.
ND is some kind of mix between donald trump, kim jong un and steve jobs. someone who wants to be glorified and acknowledged all the time and is overhyped by some for no apparent reason and is lying / talkign bullshit all the time.
all praise glorious ND our lord and savior.

You know how when little kids have a tea party and one gets to be the princess and another gets to be the ninja?

They're playing 'pretend'.

These "jobs" are the same thing, they're just pretend jobs.

You know how when little kids have a tea party and one gets to be the princess and another gets to be the ninja?

They're playing 'pretend'.

These "jobs" are the same thing, they're just pretend jobs.

They are virtual reality jobs, like pretend but VR.

Anyway i'll wait and see what actually comes before commenting seriously. Makes me chuckle how everyone jumps on RT/ND before anything solid is revealed, could be a good thing (eternal optimist).

Oh that about the jobs... lol. I've probably tuned out any and all politicians' talk since long ago. There is a role model:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEE#2007_election_campaign

I don't have that mining experience, no. I only keep reading in every planet forum where the complaint about bad loot comes up that MA is in charge of it, not the PP. I am making no assumption if there is anyone less than honest with this, I simply stay out if I find the cost to play in some place too high. If everybody did just that, the problem should self-correct eventually. I have no comment on the references from Trump to Kim etc.

Oh that about the jobs... lol. I've probably tuned out any and all politicians' talk since long ago. There is a role model:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEE#2007_election_campaign

I don't have that mining experience, no. I only keep reading in every planet forum where the complaint about bad loot comes up that MA is in charge of it, not the PP. I am making no assumption if there is anyone less than honest with this, I simply stay out if I find the cost to play in some place too high. If everybody did just that, the problem should self-correct eventually. I have no comment on the references from Trump to Kim etc.

well thats the thing. ND is not a politician. and he will never be one.

All things considered, it is his planet and he is trying to do something different. Lofty visions are good if you have data to support it. The risk here is that no one takes him up on his offer and he falls flat on his face. But that's a risk he knows. It's not meant for the grinder or the gambler. It's for the new person (which is how he gets his peds), marketing, and for the person who would rather get hunting skills than sweat with his or her thumb up their butts.

Let the system be and see how it works out.

well thats the thing. ND is not a politician. and he will never be one.

It was an attempt. Now leave it at that.

Wtf, haters gonna hate, it's in their nature. Like in the fable of the scorpion and the frog.

ND is some kind of mix between donald trump, kim jong un and steve jobs. someone who wants to be glorified and acknowledged all the time
Maybe you're referring to his election campaign? It certainly was over the top, like, ahem, a political campaign. Lot of crazy talk there indeed. Then again, who in his right mind would take anything politicians say seriously anyway?
Hmm, so what else could you be referring to? Way back when RT was created he named some stuff after his avatar (ie Neverdie dragon). His avatar name, for obvious reasons, was like a major commodity for EU advertisement, so he used it to try to promote his own planet. Some people considered this the worst crime ever and talked in length about Neverdie's vanity and smugness. Strange people, very strange.
Anyway, considering all the fuzz, I've kept my eyes open for this great vanity and smugness. For all the years I've been watching RT chat I've never seen ND talking about himself, not to speak praising himself. So I'm a little lost here... ? :confused:

Back