PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Never thought I'd say it, although I'd quite happily go to some new skill terminal and dump a ton of skill i dont want for uni-ammo. Esi's are still useful for those that want too actually sell to others. How much ped would say throwing 200k skill at TT machine be worth in ped/uni ammo?

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never thought I'd say it, although I'd quite happily go to some new skill terminal and dump a ton of skill i dont want for uni-ammo. Esi's are still useful for those that want too actually sell to others. How much ped would say throwing 200k skill at TT machine be worth in ped/uni ammo?

Rick
    It's 0. MA does not assign true TT value to skills. The only TT value assigned to skills is when the ESI is applied to them, and even then it only comes out at 90%.

The closest thing I could see them implementing to what you are proposing is an avatar-bound ESI from the TT which would extract and result in a chip of 90% TT value of the original skill, which could then be sold back to the TT. It would still result in a 10% TT loss, but would give players a cheap way to chip down for Mayhem.

The problem? That drops the market for ESIs back to their old levels when skills were valuable. Maybe not such a bad thing. I'd prefer to loot a 600% ESI and have my skills be worth something on top, rather than the current situation of buying ESIs for 950% and selling the filled chips for 850%.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    It's 0. MA does not assign true TT value to skills. The only TT value assigned to skills is when the ESI is applied to them, and even then it only comes out at 90%.

The closest thing I could see them implementing to what you are proposing is an avatar-bound ESI from the TT which would extract and result in a chip of 90% TT value of the original skill, which could then be sold back to the TT. It would still result in a 10% TT loss, but would give players a cheap way to chip down for Mayhem.

The problem? That drops the market for ESIs back to their old levels when skills were valuable. Maybe not such a bad thing. I'd prefer to loot a 600% ESI and have my skills be worth something on top, rather than the current situation of buying ESIs for 950% and selling the filled chips for 850%.
    It won't work that way. What will happen is the skills that are worthless now will still be worthless except the esi will cost less.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    It won't work that way. What will happen is the skills that are worthless now will still be worthless except the esi will cost less.
    You may be right, but I think it is possible that if people are allowed to TT their skills then the market may stabilize, since people would be dumping into the TT instead of onto the market.

Mike KingMike007 Hussey
    Society
    AoC 2.0
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    Nice idea and instead of tt ing the ava bound implant people can keep them in storage and after mayhem they get back to normal level but with 10% loss.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    Nice idea and instead of tt ing the ava bound implant people can keep them in storage and after mayhem they get back to normal level but with 10% loss.
    Exactly. It would enable people to play in the category of their budget while still offering enough deterrent from total sandbagging.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    I would rather see a solution that doesn't encourage chipping out skills.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    I would rather see a solution that doesn't encourage chipping out skills.
    I agree. Soft-capping professions seems an easy enough solution, I'm not sure why MA has not done it yet.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    I think it would be cool and just the right time in light of recent changes to enable permanent teams, sort of. What I mean by this, a simple feature which allows transferring the team leader role to another member would work to carry momentum forward seamlessly beyond the original team creator's endurance. Having to dissolve and re-form often has an anti-climactic effect. Also enable the naming of a backup team leader in case the current one ceases to function for technical reasons, e.g. gets disconnected.

Player-run events such as WoF or MATW could benefit from this, also imaginable is a competition of consistency which society or other group can keep the longest-standing team. As a follow-up suggestion, combined with the cumulative damage dealt, the system could record this metric in a new Hall of Fame category which honours effort rather than luck. If this were to be realized, server shutdowns and failures also need to be considered so that team formations are preserved across such an occurrence.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27