i want to see this player banned

Status
JackFree said:
So basically regular/medium players should have access to a seperate, smaller loot pool so that we don't take anything away from ubers?

Aside from that, I can agree to most of your post...:)

Cheers :beerchug:

Yes and no... thanks to "no one" knowing how MA's loot system works, I can't comment precisely how it IS working, but how I see it working...

I'm a newb to this game, I won't deny it. Been playing for a little over a month, recently graduated discipleship and can hunt most *regular* mobs out there (2A plated shogun is best armor). I crossed paths with a few spiders, and have vowed to take them down in the future ;).

But what irks me so damn much is that I HAVE put in almost $500 USD (most has gone to crafting though), I've hunted like hell, killed thousands of various things at all times of the day, and as I'm hunting allophyls for the competition in Allophyl Island, I read about that damn ATH right as I loot a guardian I helped take down. I immediately warped to the memorial TP, then to Orthos and up to the spider trap. I was honestly expecting to see someone in like, super-plated Chronicle armor wielding a nuke cannon or something :p. I definitely WASN'T expecting to see a gremlin-wearing ava wielding a laser pistol and wearing a sombrero!

I honestly don't care THAT the guy got the cash, it's about as cool as Leeloo getting the mining ATH 1st place. What irks me more than ANYTHING is that he used what MA has clarified as an ILLEGAL exploit, and MA should have INSTANTLY had an avatar logged in and warped there to verify the integrity of the ATH, and how valid it was - and it instantly taken appropriate action.
This was over $8k USD, it's a fair chunk to pay out instantly, and I'd sure as hell be all over it like ugly on an ape, to make sure that the person truly did earn it!

I've seen ATH's on allophyls, berycleds, exas, a whole bunch of 'newb' creatures - and I think that's cool, and extremely exciting (and in all honesty this guy could have gotten it on ANY of those things, imo). What I don't think is cool is someone getting one of those on something that they really shouldn't be ABLE to hunt in the first place...

1. if u dont have 250 HPs, plated shadow/supremacy, mod fap - there are prety low change for u to kill stalker. and there are no chance to kill him with less then 150 HPs. even if u have all uber armors ingame. u will die from 1 hit. and with runing back from revieval if u use crapy pistol like this - u also dont have chance to kill him. he regenerates faster as u can took him down. So i never gonna believe he killed it in fair way.

2. I realy hope MA will ban him and place loot back in looting pool. Because where is a point then to have mobs like those? I know a lot of players which ones spend a shitload of money or time or both in some cases to become capable to kill monsters like those, and text - i was down almost 250 peds... it makes me become litle bit angry. Loots like those arnt droping every day, and supremacy not droping every day also. not even a close. If he gets away with all loot he got and MA gonna do nothing... i have nothing to say then...

Hmm interesting I will take a look at it on the neutral side(oh well make it the luckiest possible side). Please feel free to correct me but do keep in mind these are assumptions!
Assuming he lives in Utopia ie. much more than an extremely lucky *** ** * *****

Gun: 2875+amp105=max 60 dmg/sec if he lives in utopia he probably did 90% crit hits with 120 dmg/s thus 110dmg/s (taking into consideration he most probably has a high anatomy) and finally he never missed a shot!
range 33meters

Creature: Araneatrox stalker Stab 33%, Cut 33%, Impact 33%
Stab 143, Cut 143, Impact 143 =>sum 429
HP 4650

Armor Gremlin +3a = Stab 11, Cut 13, Impact 20 =>sum 44

Hence a good hit would be 429-44=385hp so outfapping imposible

MORE ASSUMPTIONS:
1.assuming it had 2000 hp less from another team of players or someone else
2.His evade is high enough for the Araneatrox to have missed the first 3 hits and the 4th was not that good it would give him a sum of maximum 15 secs (assuming it makes a hit every 3 sec) we get 1650 damage that he did
hence 3650 damage done, thats 1000 short.

CONCLUSION
Hence even in Utopia...not possible.
Unless...he could get another 10 secs from somewhere....

But lets wait and see what he has to say about it.

Tigerman said:
Yeah.. Rite...
MA have only had people running around down there for a month, telling people they need to stop trapping or get banned...
So sure.. Its TOTALLY ok that this one guy trap when everyone else are told theill be banned for it..

That person never told me its fobiden to hunt spider using the montaign ....
And i never see in the exploit list doing such a things worth a ban ...(i forget there no exploit list).

Bury said:
half j/k but lol maybe we should all do that and force MA to take action somehow

In addition to that, MA programmers seem to have difficulties with the environment i.e. AI vs. hill-side area...
I say wipe the hills/ mountains off the map for that "trapping" area ... just as simple as that!

I'm not joking, if MA doesn't come out and provide an answer for this I *AM* doing this myself. I would be more than happy to help organize an event where a large group of people did this, if MA keeps silent too long on this and/or doesn't take action!

As for the area, I say keep it as it is. Just fix it so spiders can do what all spiders can do... climb walls ;).

Sunab Naverith said:
...As for the area, I say keep it as it is. Just fix it so spiders can do what all spiders can do... climb walls ;).

Makes alot of sense :)

I would give MA a bit more time to respond to the ATH, it happened very early in the morning, while MA lay sleeping all snug in their beds...

...I do expect some sort of reaction.

Cheers :beerchug:

Well, now we hava ATH at orthos trapping spot,but this was offial 08 warned agains so lets see how he is woking this out.
Becauase right after he appeard on the spot and talk and warned the all players there trappin again and i didnt see any 08 or officals but a soc. there has trapping as there favorits, is there every day of the week.
So i dont think MA is doing shit about this. And to Jor there was kill them at the same time as the uber came you should KICK ASS AT MA,because i think you are the most uber player in the game m8

HunterZ said:
1. if u dont have 250 HPs, plated shadow/supremacy, mod fap - there are prety low change for u to kill stalker. and there are no chance to kill him with less then 150 HPs. even if u have all uber armors ingame. u will die from 1 hit. and with runing back from revieval if u use crapy pistol like this - u also dont have chance to kill him. he regenerates faster as u can took him down. So i never gonna believe he killed it in fair way.
*cough* I take under 130 damage *cough*

HunterZ said:

what about 'ping pong' - Does that still work?
If it does then it "could" be legitimate.

darkerl said:
Gun: 2875+amp105=max 60 dmg/sec if he lives in utopia he probably did 90% crit hits with 120 dmg/s thus 110dmg/s (taking into consideration he most probably has a high anatomy) and finally he never missed a shot!
range 33meters

Creature: Araneatrox stalker Stab 33%, Cut 33%, Impact 33%
Stab 143, Cut 143, Impact 143 =>sum 429
HP 4650

Armor Gremlin +3a = Stab 11, Cut 13, Impact 20 =>sum 44

Hence a good hit would be 429-44=385hp so outfapping imposible

For the record this person was using all the following plates:

3A (face,harness,arms) 2A (thighs) 8A (gloves,shins)

Also atleast one of the 8A plates was broken... i looked at the condition on a few of the items but not all when i scanned him but did notice that. ;)

Sure MA need to do something about this problem but it is a little sickening to see some of the aggressive posts on this thread.

I know for a fact that quite a few of the posters or their soc members have also used this exploit over the years . Sure they will answer that it wasn't an exploit then or whatever but unless you visit these forums or have met the MA Monitor in game there is no way to know it's an exploit now.

It needs fixing but there is no need to crucify an individual because he got luckier than the rest of the 'cheaters' in game. The anger and frustration would be better directed at MA.

Tigerman said:
ERRRR... WTF?
I dont get a word of what youre saying...

Let me enlight you then, troll :
iv killed a trapped spider, the loot was worth 1k peds , 200 PEDS + Supremacy parts worth 800 peds.

This loot was never listed on the HOF list . Asked support and MA told me to be happy with my loot.

You admitted your self , on another thread, that you got too this sort of " Silent " , worth more than 50 peds -1000 peds tt .

WTF? chip some RAM , you posted this. Yes MA can give loot worth over 1k pedt tt value, and sometimes it is not listed as hof and the player not even see the stars , but can keep the loot.

" WTF ? " collate this with the spiders- trap.

wanda said:
what about 'ping pong' - Does that still work?
If it does then it "could" be legitimate.

i wanna see how u gonna play ping pong in crater, specialy with pistols :) And a lot of times ping pong doesnt work, i mean spider dont run to shooter after first shot, and stalkers are fast... very... and

Tigerman: i seriosly never saw stalker hiting 130 :) i mean i saw 130 in plated shadow but not in gremlin :)

Just ban the mofo and wipe his avatar. Then re-place his inventory in the loot pool.

Doe said:
iv killed a trapped spider, the loot was worth 1k peds , 200 PEDS + Supremacy parts worth 800 peds.

This loot was never listed on the HOF list . Asked support and MA told me to be happy with my loot.

You admitted your self , on another thread, that you got too this sort of " Silent " , worth more than 50 peds -1000 peds tt .

WTF? chip some RAM , you posted this. Yes MA can give loot worth over 1k pedt tt value, and sometimes it is not listed as hof and the player not even see the stars , but can keep the loot.

" WTF ? " collate this with the spiders- trap.

This is totally off topic. This has nothing AT ALL to do with the current thread.. So why do you bring this up in this thread??
Yes, ive had loots over 50 PED TT that hasnt been globals, but what does that have to do with the current topic?? Wonder who the troll is.. Have some negrep, not that it matters...

HunterZ said:
Tigerman: i seriosly never saw stalker hiting 130 :) i mean i saw 130 in plated shadow but not in gremlin :)
You said killing it without having above 150 HP is impossible, cause youll die in one hit.. With the right armor however, thats not correct..
I just said that I take less than 130, I didnt say gremlin will give that kind of protection..

Doe said:

The spiders drop supremacy arms, and those are not 800 peds, they're atleast 10K peds. So first you trapped, and you should be banned. But good thing is that you got scammed for your supremacy arms and missed out on 10K peds.

e-lite said:
The spiders drop supremacy arms, and those are not 800 peds, they're atleast 10K peds. So first you trapped, and you should be banned. But good thing is that you got scammed for your supremacy arms and missed out on 10K peds.

ever heard of the tt value of an item ?

Tigerman said:
This is totally off topic. This has nothing AT ALL to do with the current thread.. So why do you bring this up in this thread??
Yes, ive had loots over 50 PED TT that hasnt been globals, but what does that have to do with the current topic?? Wonder who the troll is.. Have some negrep, not that it matters...

Tigerman, the rep-system in a private forum have nothing to do with the truth or with the value of posts. The admin and mods hers are free-and often does-to -rep, del threads-posts and ban exactelly as EULA states :

" for any reason or for no reason at all " .
And IMHO my post have a lot to do with this thread :

we dont like to see our hard-earned USD going to some cheatters.
At least , this time we saw the ATH . What about the ones we never see listed on the HOF list ?

Tigerman said:
You said killing it without having above 150 HP is impossible, cause youll die in one hit.. With the right armor however, thats not correct..
I just said that I take less than 130, I didnt say gremlin will give that kind of protection..

Telling us that YOU take 130 dmg for that whole LOOOOONG time till the spider dies , and misleading the post meaning , makes you an extremelly lucky avatar, or a troll. Gratz on any .

Doe said:
ever heard of the tt value of an item ?

well the TT on supremacy arms are 320 Ped, so even if you got both male and female it would only be 640 Ped TT. Nevermind though.

IMO MA should:

* take the ATH back from the trapper
* issue a warning to him (or ban him if it's not the first warning)
* make an official statement prohibiting trapping (can't remember if there was one already) instead of putting a Monitor there (sounds like a bit of a joke)
* permban anybody who would do it again and get caught

(sitting and waiting for MA's reaction. I'm not paying for another trapping ATH :mad: :mad: :mad: )

Tigerman said:
To his defense he has 100 agility tho.. how many that has replied to this thread can say they match that?
He DO also have an average skill of 4800+ in handgun skills...
Doubt he has 300+ HP, and modfap that hed need to tank a stalker with that armor tho...

yes so, ban that n00b! :kos:

ps. there are many posters in these forums with stats like that and they don't trap.

Doe said:
Telling us that YOU take 130 dmg for that whole LOOOOONG time till the spider dies , and misleading the post meaning , makes you an extremelly lucky avatar, or a troll. Gratz on any .
Cry more n00b, can you please do it over in the corner tho, so that this discussion can go on with what it was really about?

Well having jsut been on a Project Management course, sometimes I wonder how Ma does Risk Assessments on things like this happening ;)

Option A: Fix the problem within the system itself.

Advantage: Never Happens Again. Good PR win with the community. People will see the game as being fairer.

Disadvantage: Potentially could require gutting the code base of PE and that in turns increases risk from unforseen exploits and additional testing. Requires heavy duty tech resources (Programmers etc...). Limited resources at MA means pulling people off the project schedule.

Option B: Use Support to police known trapping areas. Ban People when caught

Advantages: Cheaper to do then Option A. Requires Support Resources only, therefore technology can continue to deliver the VUs. Minimal risk of someone catching ATH whilst using an exploit.

Disadvantage: PR NIghtmare if someone gets an ATH whilst using the exploit.

Aziphirael said:
Well having jsut been on a Project Management course, sometimes I wonder how Ma does Risk Assessments on things like this happening ;)

Option A: Fix the problem within the system itself.

Advantage: Never Happens Again. Good PR win with the community. People will see the game as being fairer.

Disadvantage: Potentially could require gutting the code base of PE and that in turns increases risk from unforseen exploits and additional testing. Requires heavy duty tech resources (Programmers etc...). Limited resources at MA means pulling people off the project schedule.

Option B: Use Support to police known trapping areas. Ban People when caught

Advantages: Cheaper to do then Option A. Requires Support Resources only, therefore technology can continue to deliver the VUs. Minimal risk of someone catching ATH whilst using an exploit.

Disadvantage: PR NIghtmare if someone gets an ATH whilst using the exploit.
I guess MA went with option B, given that they have had the monitor dude running around down there busting people..
However, they have also just now hit smack into the disadvantage part...

We can only Hope and pray that Mindark make a firm example out of him.
Open and transparent acount of where the peds went after example was made.
Id vote for them to take 2000 ped out and buy 1 extra monitor to watch the area from the pc they usually sit at ;P
Like a Scarecrow for the most part as they will still be answring so many support cases they wont be able to watch it :p

If its not a permanet lock then we can expect more to do this more offten.

Option C :
Ban the poor dude that is luckyer than other cheater and crusifix him for the holly sake of the glorious anger player.
Nothing need to be done.

Advantage cost nothing, just send the usual PR blabla with " we put back the loot in loot pool"

disavantage : no disavantage , just make an other trap at other place next VU like we have done all time...

Still , why punish and blame that player .... why not MA.
The feature is made by MA , the not bug fix are MA , the no info are MA ...

Things should be done the right way for one time maybe...

But no , player dont ask MA to work on the problem , they just whant a punishment for the lucky one , and make is lucky a nightmare just so som people feel better with thier ego.

Where was you when DA get ATH with mod dar ?
What MA did ?
Since when we complain to see that place (and other) fixed ?
Why there no bug list , exploit list , ban and lock list ?
Why the ati-trap dont work on spider ( and som other mobs)?

Lets face it , MA play a asshole game , make both side happy , traper can trap and other can whine... sometime for the sake of the peace they ban a traper and other feel better...
Still the problem remain the same ...

We are just bashing the wrong person ....and make the problem easier for MA....

Marco wiill come , blabla a bit , next VU the trap will change place , wont be at cratere but elsewhere and poop , the story start again ...

MA should place a Turret in this Area
i guess only 10 min. work copy/paste code and place a minipatch

But why should MA destroy a "cash cow" even trapping produces
decay ...

Maybe it happened because a Trainee does Marcos Job and mixed up ATH with "No Loot" button :rofl:

well said etopia.

For me its another reason to quit the crap entropia is.

First we have MA with all their bugs and who knows what else up their sleeve.

Then there is the human factor that will many times try to cheat or be plane lamers.

If MA wants to make money on bugs, fine , just not my money.
Nominated for swedish it price ? if this is the best they got to offer in sweden ..... LOL.

Might be looked on as beta stage still, nevertheless people want to keep pumping in money.

I am no longer playing, still waiting for a rectification of lost money at TT.
After 1,5 months i have seen enough crap to know this never is gonna get anywhere. Might have a quick look now and then in the future but i'm not expecting much anymore. Have you seen how long this is running allready!?!

Why would MA shape up their act if it makes so much money allready?

Bye to all, good luck to you all and may the force be with you.

GG

Status
Back