Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

Sure, it'll benefit MA. House never loses! :)

Well but if seriously, we don't know how much the loot formula actually will change. MA has been pretty careful with rebalancing those last years--a smart thing to do in a trust-based economy.
Lets assume the loot for fast efficient kill will indeed be better. From where will the added bonus come from? From MA's pocket? Neah, it means that the reverse (loot for slow and inefficient kill) has to become worse. A zero sum game!
If they seriously want to go down that road, it'll mean you need a bigger bankroll in your current activity and the guy blasting away the big guns needs a somewhat smaller bankroll in the future. Either way MA comes out as a winner, that much is true... :laugh:

Yes thats true " MA. House never loses! " but they have two big problems.

1. They dont get more players who stay in the game.

2. This players who is in the game start to deposit less and less in the recent years.

So MA see now that they faild to get more players to stay in the game so now they try to make this player who is in the game to deposit more.

I'm a bit confussed about the economy/efficient rating that will effect the loot. I mean, I will get higher loot and at the same time get a lower cost for killing the mobs? It's that not like a double benefit? Is it enough that how it's today that you get the same loot, but a lower cost to kill the mobs if you are more efficient? :scratch2:

yeah,im also scared being an naked mod restohunter,if defensecosts get compensated then having that edge is useless

For this to happen there would need to be something like a 95% tt return on armor decay, does anyone think that's going to happen?

In reading last few posts and thinking about several post in other threads one suggestion I have now that I'm regularly depositing is perhaps a tweak to up loot of those that deposited in last 90 days... vs those using no new funds, only depo from 10 plus years ago all in various deeds, etc... encourage deposits. Some thoeries already says this exists, so why not make it an actual thing.

CLD owners will hate this idea likely, lol.

Heavy investors from many years ago will hate this idea...

Mid level folks and newer will love it, as folks investing regularly... Don't think of it as a 'tax' on the older folks, but more of a 'housewarming gift' to the newer peds.

Last edited:
"A new Economy rating parameter will be introduced, on a scale of 1-100, that indicates the efficiency of a tool and which influences loot calculations. This change from the once dominant damage/pec model will provide the design team with more freedom to release exciting and interesting items with a wider range of damage output and special effects. For example, our team will have the ability to create powerful new items that provide access to challenging and exciting content without dramatically increasing cost to play. Existing items will be assigned Economy values that reflect their relative efficiency to one another and to the entire array of items in the universe."

Read as: "As reward for your investments in dpp efficiency, we will now nerf your investments into the ground (flashbacks!)"

:scratch::scratch: I'm so confused by how people are so overly optimistic/enthusiastic/excited/approving of a system that hasn't even rolled out yet...Did I miss another memo that was significantly less vague than these notes? :scratch::scratch:

I hope Mindark does not hurt us with this. :confused:

Ia tweak to up loot of those that deposited in last 90 days... vs those using no new funds, only depo from 10 plus years ago all in various deeds, etc.

Why someone who is depositing say $10 a week deserves an advantage over someone who deposited $10 x 100 years worth of weeks, but once and few years ago?

Tiagobiotek

dont believe in every crap, house win always. how many years we wait that MA fix little errors ? why after every patch or VU something dont work ?

You babes........

I may come off my break now...

Now, this maybe will be cool for us all!

But would love to see also a change at mining loot. Especial that skills have a affect to it.

hmmm, it all depends on the implementation doesn't it. :(

It could mean that if you don't keep buying new equipment or moving up the mob ladder to match your level you get disadvantaged. A player hunting below their level to to stretch their deposits could end up being far worse or far better off depending on the way it goes.

The very reason I quit depositing was because I could just see myself upping the deposits every few months to try and keep up and in the end I just couldn't justify it to myself any longer.

"The house always win"

Why so many people say this like it was bad?

Mindark is a company. The primary goal of a company is to make money.
If the company do not make money, they cannot pay devs to fix bugs and / or add new content, pay servers, etc.

People need to stop whining about the "house always wins". Mindark has to make money.

The biggest problem with the loot and the way the loot is shared is something that I think Mindark is finally realizing that the average player cannot keep depositing in a constant way since the game has become much more expensive to play.

If a player has the ability to spend 50k peds every month, good for him, if other can only spend 1k good for him too. The thing here is that everyone that understands the way EU works, is to be efficient. So why not reward players that are efficient?

Whats the point of a noob with money buying that great 50k armor set, and 10k pistol, and loot on the first mob 5k? Why? Just because he has money?

EU is a game of slow progression, of skill not only skill related but personal skill (experience) in the virtual world.

Players that play efficient should be rewarded accordingly.

Many ubers that have over 300hp and can hunt most mobs solo, they know very well what to use to be efficient with the damage they need and the protection they need to hunt higher level mobs. So, why should this players be penalized too? They should not, not because they invest thousands and thousands of dollars in their gear and their skills. But a player that just does nothing except invest say, lands or whatever, just because he can buy a few lands that does not give him the right to loot high, with no skill just because he has millions of peds to spend.

Skills should make at least 75% difference in what every avatar does. Loot is not random like MA have been claim along the years.

The more you spend, the more decay you have the more your chances of loot, this has been proven, tested and seen many times.

Of course if you go overkill hunting punys, why the f*** you should get a hof of 1000peds ???? No.

Mindark always claim they make money from decay, this is not true, even more today with so many L items.

I do hope this system is fair for everyone, I also hope, mining and crafting can be also much better. The MU on the crafting materials is a shame, the MU of mining is appalling! This needs to change also, let the players make the market, stop the excessive loot of weapons and other L items on the mobs.

The 3 professions, hell, even the beauty profession depends of mining, hunting and crafting. All of the are connected, all of them need each other.

There are very few crafters doing items, except, plates, explosives (which is a lottery), mining amps and nothing more realistic important. This must stop. The economy needs a big boost.

If a miner spend 200 peds and it is dependent of amps, FOMA or whatever, and loses half whats the point?

People want to fly? Drive cars? Oil should cost at least 200% MU. What is the price? right.....

Why did not the oil MU went up when the introduction of vehicles? Hell, I put 20peds of oil on my slepnier like....5 months ago lol. Come on...

This is just small examples of course, everyone can agree or disagree with them, but everyone should agree that the economy of EU is totally broken.

Why I cannot see the auction on the other planets? We should have all the planets connected, we should be able to bid in any auction on every planet. Getting the item you need to go there.

The more people play, the more the economy gets strong, the more people will invest and new players will invest too in search of new opportunities.

After all, the storyline is all about the few human colonists who were brave enough to leave Earth in search of riches in Calypso and beyond. None of that happens.

I do not condemn anyone who has the money to invest big and buy lands, CP, planets, stations, whatever, good for them, that is the core of Entropia but it cannot be just for a half dozen people.

When I see the same names getting ubers day yes day no, something is really wrong. That is not fair. Should they not get those high prizes? Of course they should, this is not their problem, they invest their money and time in their avatars for those goals, but the smaller players (read 85% of the player base) can only dream to get a prize like that.

14 years, hunting, crafting, mining (a lot) never got a ATH. Yea I am whining. Because here comes new players with big wallets, buy a bunch of skills in auction go mining and bang.

And why this happens? Because the system is totally screwed to benefit big wallets. So all this changes if they are to improve fairness to everyone no matter how much money people deposit, how much they play, should be gradual to the skill and experience of the avatar and the person behind it.

I can give a real life example of a guy that was new to the game, deposit 2000 euros, bought mining stuff, and on the 2nd day of mining he gets a tower of over 20k. Then he came with these theories about mining and so on, I just told him on thing: Talk to me in 2 months.

The mining expert stopped playing, or at least has not played much. Beginners luck or wallet luck? This is my point.
Then after a few months he comes asking help to hunt Argos North of Twins.....:duh:

Relative to the hunting changes they want to make, regarding efficiency of weapons and armor, and fixing the loot, I'm just wondering, what would happen in a team? What would happen to the loot and the skills of players if in a 4 man team, one of the members is totally inefficient while the the rest of the team has the proper damage, proper weapons, proper armor? Who gets penalized? The team has a whole of just that guy? Cause loot is very different when hunting in a team....

In reading last few posts and thinking about several postsb in other threads one suggestion I have now that I'm regularly depositing is perhaps a tweak to up loot of those that deposited in last 90 days... vs those using no new funds, only depo from 10 plus years ago all in various deeds, etc... encourage deposits. Some thoeries already says this exists, so why not make it an actual thing

Imagine you would understand the game and you would accumulate some basic knowledge and you wouldn't have to deposit often because you would not loose much... would such a suggestion still make sense? Something like that looks like a tax on ... IQ :D

Using a level 100 weapon at level 17 should always yield crappy loot.

Why I cannot see the auction on the other planets? We should have all the planets connected, we should be able to bid in any auction on every planet. Getting the item you need to go there.

one day you will wake up and see... it's already there... :)

What about mining loot?

MA : Hello we took you well over 5M+$ last year we have fun , now we give you back 1M history of you calmed down :laugh::laugh:

The sky is falling!

;)

The sky is falling!

;)
ydjb9.jpg

I would rather say, some other celestial object will be falling.
If you catch my drift.
However it's nice to have not weapons but trusty Mann MPH I had since day 1.

Oh the horror. I can only imagine how hard this will suck. I'm so negativ to this that there can be no negative surprise when it's released. Like the guy above here says, MA needs to make money. Now they improve the loot one notch more than last time they improved loot and last time made it even more expensive to play so where will improved improved loot take us :D

phaser brought up an interesting point about team hunts, how is all of that going to be tracked?
will the un eco guy screw the loot for all? or the other way around?

intrested to see what happens

No more ammo dropping?

I got an idea:

How about they start dropping little gold coins instead?

We can call'em "Ped".

phaser brought up an interesting point about team hunts, how is all of that going to be tracked?

Tracked? Using certain weapons is not going to entitle you to certain loot, it will all probably work mostly like it does now.

What used to happen with me was that the team would global when I wasn't there :laugh: usually after dying and now we've got the death timer to help.

loot 2.0 might kill the game. it's unwanted and unneeded. especially that thing

Loot value calculations and the composition of the items in loot will be affected by properly matching avatar skills and gear to the creature being hunted

has the potential to end entropia. if I can't hunt what I want to hunt reasonably, I'm done. that's a given.

player A has 0 skill and gets 75% returns from punies
player B (i.e. ME) has level 30 and gets only 50% returns from punies?!? that is a dealbreaker (plus it makes no sense whatsoever in-universe)

I always loved about entropia that is was constant. years passing by with no changes to the overall gameplay. I thought ma would never be able to screw up the formula (unlike developers like riot and ggg). I was awfully wrong. the irony of ma working hard on something, but it's a thing that is horrible and could kill the game - if not for anybody, but at least for me.

Last edited:
Will using buffs now provide an additional loot advantage, as well as the existing efficiency advantage? If so then this could be the final nail for non-depositors (or anyone who doesn't buy a lot of boxes).

very true. good reason why loot must not be dependent on gear used. the loot IS what the monster carries, everything else makes no sense.

lKy9S11.png

lBaOEa9.gif

Any insights for us, Ludvig? :) LMTR14 up there is about to implode from frustration.

For those worried about crafting being neglected; there are also plans in motion to reinvigorate the crafting profession, and lots of new blueprints will be in the release scheduled for later this month.

LOVE YOU! :):):) Much hype!

For those worried about crafting being neglected; there are also plans in motion to reinvigorate the crafting profession, and lots of new blueprints will be in the release scheduled for later this month.

Yes thats true " MA. House never loses! " but they have two big problems.

1. They dont get more players who stay in the game.

2. This players who is in the game start to deposit less and less in the recent years.

So MA see now that they faild to get more players to stay in the game so now they try to make this player who is in the game to deposit more.

and the stupidity goes full circle. the key was new player retention. they bored new players away with not providing an alternative to sweating and not giving them more freebies to play around with until they had understood what the game is about. they never seriously tried to grow and now it's obviously become about milking the already existing players with illogical mechanics. for fuck's sake, neverdie had the right idea all along with his tp concept! profit from growing the playerbase exponentially pyramid scheme like. sweating standing in place for hours, days and months is too boring for today's hyperactive mobile phone junkie kids, a more dynamic system would have worked wonders!

you people are missing the point so hard it's crazy based on the "hooray" comments on the first few pages. funny, I see this behaviour every time I look at any of ggg's announcements on the path of exile forum. after a few pages, the smarter people start to question what is actually happening and whether that is a good thing after all. and I thought entropia players would be a lil smarter...

Uff, exciting times!!!

But what happens in the 2nd hour after the vu when all the new bp's have been discovered.

or

Ahhhhhhh yet more new stackables to replace ammo then.

Back