Thread: Fake names

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Aztec AztecRose RedRose
    Society
    Nebula Virus Elite
    Images

Fake names

Hello! I have an annoying topic to discuss. One of my good friends has been locked who has been playing on and off for 12 years and he recently had his account locked and has been asked to verify his identity. Back in 2004 when he started playing he was very paranoid and did not use his real name in online dealings. He has paid for ped in credit cards using his real name since then. Mindark support has been extremely unhelpful in helping him unlock his account. Has anyone had this issue and how did you rectify it?

Professional In Rebalancing All Trade Economies.

Queen of Daddy Issues - Ped Daddies wanted.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aztec View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello! I have an annoying topic to discuss. One of my good friends has been locked who has been playing on and off for 12 years and he recently had his account locked and has been asked to verify his identity. Back in 2004 when he started playing he was very paranoid and did not use his real name in online dealings. He has paid for ped in credit cards using his real name since then. Mindark support has been extremely unhelpful in helping him unlock his account. Has anyone had this issue and how did you rectify it?
    Many years ago everyone was given some time to correct the information connected with their account, specifically real name. He had his chance.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kib Fullon Surya
    Society
    Freelancer
    I heard one guy one time gave his name on the internet, never heard of him again...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
    Society
    Vikings Of Entropia
    Images
    As all have been hard on me regards to Pirates, I have to ask, if this is just a game, why would your friend want to hide his identity as a pirate in EU? Anyway, MA most likely already sent him information on how to fix this by giving them a proof of ID.

Items for sale in storage can be found here: OpaloMan's Junk​

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edgewise
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OZtwo View Post
    As all have been hard on me regards to Pirates, I have to ask, if this is just a game, why would your friend want to hide his identity as a pirate in EU? Anyway, MA most likely already sent him information on how to fix this by giving them a proof of ID.
    Are you thick?

I do not fancy pirates, but if you spent 20 seconds reading OP you would see that this was way before "pirates" even was a wet dream of any one.

If the stuff that comes out of my mouth upsets you, just think of all the things I keep to myself.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Had this problem a while back. Sent them a copy of my ID along with an electric bill and that was that. He'll be fine. Support will respond sooner or later

Super Moderator
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Harena Serica Turbinis
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is covered in the FAQ on the website (https://account.entropiauniverse.com...maintenance/):

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    I made a mistake in my real name when registering my account. How can I correct this?

When you register your first deposit, you will get a one-time opportunity to update the account name.

If you did not update your account name correctly at this stage or you did not get the opportunity to change the name, we ask you to fill out and send us this special request form:

Account Holder Information Update Form

The completed form, together with a color scanned copy of a government issued ID (where name and date-of-birth are clearly legible), and a utility bill (e.g. Electricity, Gas, Cable, Water, Land Line or Telephone bill) where the address matches the Entropia Universe account information should be sent to the following address:

MindArk PE AB
    Attn: Support Dept.
    Järntorget 8
    SE-41304 Gothenburg
    SWEDEN

In order to guarantee the security and validity of each request, we will perform a number of internal control checks. In the interest of preventing fraud, these checks will not be revealed, but will in no way violate the Privacy Policy already in place. If these internal checks are not fulfilled, your account information cannot be updated.

As all requests are processed manually, we appreciate your patience.
    Born in Entropia: 26Sept06... Skills Unlocked: MMS 16Nov06, RDA 16May07, Animal Taming 12Jul07, Serendipity 23Dec07, PC 25Apr08, ESL 10May08,
    CGA 23Dec08, MatExtrMeth 4Mar09, BPC 30Mar09, MDA 8Aug09, Extr 6Oct09, Coolness 17Apr10, Martial Arts 22Apr11, Medicine&Treatment 23Aug11,
    150HP 7Aug12, Wounding 27Mar13, C.Sense 12Aug13, Avoid 27Aug13

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Wand AxeMurderer Silva
    Society
    Massive Dynamic
    Images
    It is probably hard to believe, but there are people (over 18) with no utility bill (e.g. Electricity, Gas, Cable, Water, Land Line or Telephone bill) on their name. Except for the mobile phone. I guess they will continue to play with real name Nosferatu Tambuktu Trump.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Phaser Phaser Chaos
    Society
    TusaLusa
    Images
    I never had any issue with MA regarding my account. In the old days you could go 1 year without login, now it is different.

Now you must login at least once every 6 months. I asked this at support and they told me that I do not even need to log into the game, just the site into my account. This automatically "refreshes" your account for inactivity.

If MA asked your friend for a proof of Identity, what is the problem? When are people going to realize this is just not another game? Every dam thing here costs money, you use real money to play, to buy, to sell.

Its like kinda asking to my bank, hey give me money without ID. Sure they know me and they will give me money....

It is possible to change some things in the account like address and so on, dunno about the name. In any case, if your friend know is login details, MA just wants to be sure he is in fact the owner of the account. Imagine that your friend just hacked the account or gain knowledge of login details, MA gives the go ahead and unlock the account, then the true owner comes and sees is avatar naked. He is going to ask MA "hey MA what happen to my peds and my 100k armor and my 300k land deed?"

MA needs to cover they ass, and I do not blame them for that.
    I started playing in 2004 also like your friend, but I did provide REAL name and address to MA because I knew the game was all about real money.

This is not WoW.
    Phaser
    Mining the grounds of Calypso since 2004-09-07

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Fezza Prozac Sanity
    Society
    Project X-Y
    Images
    Name change form sent with a copy of ID and will be unlocked...

Although took them 4 years to do mine...
    Recruit in Project X-Y
    The only thing Dynamic in entropia is the TRUTH!
    The most expensive free game ever...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast