Fake names

Status

aztec

Dominant
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Aztec AztecRose RedRose
Hello! I have an annoying topic to discuss. One of my good friends has been locked who has been playing on and off for 12 years and he recently had his account locked and has been asked to verify his identity. Back in 2004 when he started playing he was very paranoid and did not use his real name in online dealings. He has paid for ped in credit cards using his real name since then. Mindark support has been extremely unhelpful in helping him unlock his account. Has anyone had this issue and how did you rectify it?

Hello! I have an annoying topic to discuss. One of my good friends has been locked who has been playing on and off for 12 years and he recently had his account locked and has been asked to verify his identity. Back in 2004 when he started playing he was very paranoid and did not use his real name in online dealings. He has paid for ped in credit cards using his real name since then. Mindark support has been extremely unhelpful in helping him unlock his account. Has anyone had this issue and how did you rectify it?

Many years ago everyone was given some time to correct the information connected with their account, specifically real name. He had his chance.

I heard one guy one time gave his name on the internet, never heard of him again...:dunno:

As all have been hard on me regards to Pirates, I have to ask, if this is just a game, why would your friend want to hide his identity as a pirate in EU? Anyway, MA most likely already sent him information on how to fix this by giving them a proof of ID.

As all have been hard on me regards to Pirates, I have to ask, if this is just a game, why would your friend want to hide his identity as a pirate in EU? Anyway, MA most likely already sent him information on how to fix this by giving them a proof of ID.

Are you thick?

I do not fancy pirates, but if you spent 20 seconds reading OP you would see that this was way before "pirates" even was a wet dream of any one.

Had this problem a while back. Sent them a copy of my ID along with an electric bill and that was that. He'll be fine. Support will respond sooner or later :rolleyes:

This is covered in the FAQ on the website (https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/account-issues/account-maintenance/):

FAQ said:
I made a mistake in my real name when registering my account. How can I correct this?

When you register your first deposit, you will get a one-time opportunity to update the account name.

If you did not update your account name correctly at this stage or you did not get the opportunity to change the name, we ask you to fill out and send us this special request form:

Account Holder Information Update Form

The completed form, together with a color scanned copy of a government issued ID (where name and date-of-birth are clearly legible), and a utility bill (e.g. Electricity, Gas, Cable, Water, Land Line or Telephone bill) where the address matches the Entropia Universe account information should be sent to the following address:

MindArk PE AB
Attn: Support Dept.
Järntorget 8
SE-41304 Gothenburg
SWEDEN

In order to guarantee the security and validity of each request, we will perform a number of internal control checks. In the interest of preventing fraud, these checks will not be revealed, but will in no way violate the Privacy Policy already in place. If these internal checks are not fulfilled, your account information cannot be updated.

As all requests are processed manually, we appreciate your patience.

It is probably hard to believe, but there are people (over 18) with no utility bill (e.g. Electricity, Gas, Cable, Water, Land Line or Telephone bill) on their name. Except for the mobile phone. I guess they will continue to play with real name Nosferatu Tambuktu Trump.

I never had any issue with MA regarding my account. In the old days you could go 1 year without login, now it is different.

Now you must login at least once every 6 months. I asked this at support and they told me that I do not even need to log into the game, just the site into my account. This automatically "refreshes" your account for inactivity.

If MA asked your friend for a proof of Identity, what is the problem? When are people going to realize this is just not another game? Every dam thing here costs money, you use real money to play, to buy, to sell.

Its like kinda asking to my bank, hey give me money without ID. Sure they know me and they will give me money....

It is possible to change some things in the account like address and so on, dunno about the name. In any case, if your friend know is login details, MA just wants to be sure he is in fact the owner of the account. Imagine that your friend just hacked the account or gain knowledge of login details, MA gives the go ahead and unlock the account, then the true owner comes and sees is avatar naked. He is going to ask MA "hey MA what happen to my peds and my 100k armor and my 300k land deed?"

MA needs to cover they ass, and I do not blame them for that.
I started playing in 2004 also like your friend, but I did provide REAL name and address to MA because I knew the game was all about real money.

This is not WoW.:cool:

Name change form sent with a copy of ID and will be unlocked...

Although took them 4 years to do mine...

The person I am referring to is a family member who is actually anti pirate. :scratch2:

Many years ago everyone was given some time to correct the information connected with their account, specifically real name. He had his chance.

No he did not. He sometimes didnt log in for a year... or more....

Name change form sent with a copy of ID and will be unlocked...

Although took them 4 years to do mine...

He has sent through ID which is the same name used on his credit cards. Hank the wank said it was not the same name as the one in his account details so it couldnt be unlocked.... The reason he used a fake name back in 04 is because he was an IT professional before he retired and he was very aware of internet privacy. That is the reason he used a fake name... We also have multiple family members and friends which can confirm that he is the account owner.

The person I am referring to is a family member who is actually anti pirate. :scratch2:

It's a simple fix really as many have pointed out and not sure why you needed to post the question in the first place. But with that aside, your friend now is a family member? Could this 'family member' have been used at anytime for your use planet side?! hmm. :rolleyes:

Anyway, simple fix, just do as MA requested and send in proof of ID and all should be fine.

It's a simple fix really as many have pointed out and not sure why you needed to post the question in the first place. But with that aside, your friend now is a family member? Could this 'family member' have been used at anytime for your use planet side?! hmm. :rolleyes:

Anyway, simple fix, just do as MA requested and send in proof of ID and all should be fine.

I have never used his account and never will. He did send in ID as i said above. Sheesh. Learn to read. There is a reason why i posted this because I want to know if there is a way out of the situation as support is not budging...

Learn to read.

Well, I did and was joking about with the person who posted a reply to me in that my guess is that your good friend was a family member.

One of my good friends has been locked who has been playing on and off for 12 years and he recently had his account locked and has been asked to verify his identity.

then:

The person I am referring to is a family member who is actually anti pirate.

Anyway GL and play it safe and I hope your original account you used before becoming a pirate is unlocked. :)

Well, I did and was joking about with the person who posted a reply to me in that my guess is that your good friend was a family member.

then:

Anyway GL and play it safe and I hope your original account you used before becoming a pirate is unlocked. :)

I said good friend to protect his identity as some people are aware this person is my uncle but seems people want to make accusations. Its not my old account. He stopped playing and only logged in to keep his account every 6 months. He stopped playing long before NVE or space was even a thing. The reason I said that is because people like MegaVolt and Anti Pirate socs like NBK like to paint every aquaintence, friend and family member as pirate when it's not the case... Especially in this one because he was a well respected member of the community back in the day.

There is a reason why I wanted to protect him from the absolute imbeciles who play this game and its from people like you. As far as I am concerned he has all the information and evidence he needs to get unlocked so this thread is now irrelevant.

I will ask that this thread be locked to prevent further smearing of an innocent man.

Last edited:
I said good friend to protect his identity as some people are aware this person is my uncle but seems people want to make accusations. Its not my old account. He stopped playing and only logged in to keep his account every 6 months. He stopped playing long before NVE or space was even a thing. The reason I said that is because people like MegaVolt and Anti Pirate socs like NBK like to paint every aquaintence, friend and family member as pirate when it's not the case... Especially in this one because he was a well respected member of the community back in the day.

There is a reason why I wanted to protect him from the absolute imbeciles who play this game and its from people like you. As far as I am concerned he has all the information and evidence he needs to get unlocked so this thread is now irrelevant.

I will ask that this thread be locked to prevent further smearing of an innocent man.

I thought it might be Xane that was banned purely because:

a) He cant post on this forum for his abuse of one of the moderators.
b) I've seen Micjack and Chances talking recently but not him.

First I've heard you have an uncle who is anti-pirate is today. I dont believe it personally. I dont believe a lot of what you say.

It is probably hard to believe, but there are people (over 18) with no utility bill (e.g. Electricity, Gas, Cable, Water, Land Line or Telephone bill) on their name. Except for the mobile phone. I guess they will continue to play with real name Nosferatu Tambuktu Trump.

As I understand, the "utility bill" is a way to get the official address, especially in countries where there is no official governmental Agency that keeps offifial records of where people are written. In Sweden, "utility bills" are hardly asked for, instead you may be required to send in an "population registration certificate" which, in Sweden, is sent out from the tax authority. ( https://www.skatteverket.se/service....361dc8c15312eff6fd117b6.html#!/valjare/steg1 )

So if you don't have a utility bill you can ask your tax office (or Another authority) if they can send you such a document, with your offical information (incl address) and see if MA will accept it.

At first I thought it was about this guy:
So I have been locked since Thursday still waiting for a response as to why. I have been Playing Entropia for 12yrs and this is my first ever lock!

... but that guy says she's female IRL (presentation page); and that person also is a member of a society that back in the Days were roaming PVP4 ("claiming taxes" from the visitors there).

As I understand, the "utility bill" is a way to get the official address, especially in countries where there is no official governmental Agency that keeps offifial records of where people are written. In Sweden, "utility bills" are hardly asked for, instead you may be required to send in an "population registration certificate" which, in Sweden, is sent out from the tax authority. ( https://www.skatteverket.se/service....361dc8c15312eff6fd117b6.html#!/valjare/steg1 )

So if you don't have a utility bill you can ask your tax office (or Another authority) if they can send you such a document, with your offical information (incl address) and see if MA will accept it.

At first I thought it was about this guy:

... but that guy says she's female IRL (presentation page); and that person also is a member of a society that back in the Days were roaming PVP4 ("claiming taxes" from the visitors there).
Echo is female Irl. ?

Sounds like it might be just a procedural thing. First they will have to change their name on the account to the correct name with proof, using the form serica linked. Then go from there.

Did they give a spoof address also? The trouble with such a thing might be how can MA prove this is the legitimate owner asking for a change of details, and not someone who has hacked the account.

The ability to change an account name has to exist through things such as marriage.

When I started 12 years ago, I already had to proof my real identity to MA for the case that I want to withdraw money from EU.

Why the hell anyone registers with fake name in RCE enviroment.

Its like creating a bank account with fake data and then complain that you can´t use your account due to wrong identity.

His own fault.

Maybe he and MA will find a way to solve the issue, but I won´t bet on it.

Beside that:
A few years ago there was a chance to correct false identity data offered by MA, if he did not just a second fault!

When I started depositing long after I've made the account , I have requested to MA to modify my details because I didn't had my complete info and not even the age because i was not 18 when I started playing. All went so easy, send to them the info and documents requested and in like 1 week all was done , even when I had others issues , with withdrawing. Now maybe they are starting to verify certain account and if they see avatars that don't have the correct data after 12 years still , they are a little suspicious and even slow with answering.
Now to be honest +rep to MA with the comer tii not with the players. They still need improve the support cases , because they still aren't answering to some of them but i suppose it's only because when you make a support case and it's connected to a problem where is MA fault , and cannot do nothing with it. But let's say it's understandable.

I have never used his account and never will. He did send in ID as i said above. Sheesh. Learn to read. There is a reason why i posted this because I want to know if there is a way out of the situation as support is not budging...

Needs to send in a change of name form FIRST!

THEN request an unlock. Each time he will need to provide the ID.

Change of name form need something with matching address to that on the account as well as the new name.
Unlock needs passport / driving license etc.

It is all detailed on support pages.

When I started 12 years ago, I already had to proof my real identity to MA for the case that I want to withdraw money from EU.

Why the hell anyone registers with fake name in RCE enviroment.

Its like creating a bank account with fake data and then complain that you can´t use your account due to wrong identity.

His own fault.

Maybe he and MA will find a way to solve the issue, but I won´t bet on it.

Beside that:
A few years ago there was a chance to correct false identity data offered by MA, if he did not just a second fault!

How can someone know theat MA did this when he didnt play for years and years... :wise:

How can someone know theat MA did this when he didnt play for years and years... :wise:

This is in a bit down in the EULA window that pops up each time you start client loader:

You agree that You are responsible to update any of Your Self Registered Personal Information, whenever needed, so that MindArk's records are always correct. MindArk reserves the right to terminate Your Entropia Universe Account and/or to refuse a deposit or a withdrawal if You provide false, incomplete or misleading Self-Registered Personal Information.

It's kind of a pity if it happens with a real player (who doesn't play foul), but MA needs to have some power to control scammers/botters/auction droids who create alts (ie terminate or lock them). Another thing is that probably just doesn't want to change the owner information about an avatar as this can lead to avatar hijacking (ie someone who happens to know who's behind someone elses avatar could submit a "correction" request if it was easy), or avatar transfer (trading of accounts).

<removed>

The most ridiculous part of the entire thing is the people who are smeared in this thread do nothing but help the entropian community. They don't agree with piracy but they have no control over what I do in the game. Pretty much my entire family has played this game at one time or another since 2004. Thereis a reason why friends and family of us like to be kept under wraps because EVERYONE accuses them of being alts or in league with us. :scratch2: Neither of the players above have ever helped with piracy nor have they ever been pirates. Both my mum and my uncle are NOT my alts. I don't have any alts and never will.

My uncle is a genuinely nice player who just happened to use a book characters name to make an account as he was concerned for his online privacy. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. He is in the process of getting it worked out.

I too am confused why this thread hasn't been locked as I would prefer this to be shut down to prevent further smearing of innocent people who have done nothing but be helpful to the community.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont blame your uncle for being annoyed that MA has locked his account, but with that said, i honestly think its a bit of a "scam" to use a fake name in a game, that deals with real cash and in some cases alot of cash.
And i dont blame that MA demands honesty from day one, and if he had his creditcard put on his account, why not use his real name. I would be more "scared" of linking my real life money to an account then my name.

But i really do hope it gets fixed, cuz he isnt a fake or using others infomation. But MA needs to make sure that he is who he says he is, cuz sadly there have been to many sad cases of ppl scamming the game. So the trust in MA is just as rocky as it is between players. They just wonna make it safe for us all.

I dont blame your uncle for being annoyed that MA has locked his account, but with that said, i honestly think its a bit of a "scam" to use a fake name in a game, that deals with real cash and in some cases alot of cash.
And i dont blame that MA demands honesty from day one, and if he had his creditcard put on his account, why not use his real name. I would be more "scared" of linking my real life money to an account then my name.

But i really do hope it gets fixed, cuz he isnt a fake or using others infomation. But MA needs to make sure that he is who he says he is, cuz sadly there have been to many sad cases of ppl scamming the game. So the trust in MA is just as rocky as it is between players. They just wonna make it safe for us all.

He was concerned about his online privacy when he initially made the account. He had a goldcard and was using his credit card to make deposits under his real name...

Status
Back