PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Which do you think is true?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Multiplier was wasted

3 12.00%
  • It does not matter

14 56.00%
  • The cake (kickbacks) is a lie

2 8.00%
  • Other (explain in post)

6 24.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Entropialoot.com
    Images

Conversation about Varying [Bet] Sizes (Poll)

Notice a lot of people have superstitions about varying bet sizes. See the scenario and make a poll. Let's discuss it!

Scenario: Big time hunter shoots mobs that are 20ped a "click" and does crafting such as Simple 1 Conductors (0.7ped a click). He/She hits a 1000x multiplier on Simple 1 Conductors, which of the following do you think is true:

a) The multiplier was wasted and TT return will be worse overall now since it could have been a 20000 PED hunting loot

b) It does not matter. The crafting HOF (700ped) was compensation for loss and has no impact on other activities. If anything, might have more multipliers crafting as compensation.

c) The cake is a lie. There are no kickbacks or impacts on cross activities. This option suggests possibility to actually be 100% TT long term.

d) Other (explain in post)

Alternatively:

Scenario 2: Big time crafter crafts items that are 20ped a "click" (explosive 4s) and then does crafting such as Simple 1 Conductors (0.7ped a click). He/She hits a 1000x multiplier on Simple 1 Conductors.

Prowler
    Aurisk Morey Kenbi
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I would say definitely B about 8 months ago. Not 100% sure now. It feels like MA has been continuously changing the settings.

D: the hof was to compensate the losses of that hunt.
    the payback hof is a lie

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Laura woody wood
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Im going to say its more based on ped cycled and lost and not so much about wasted mulipliers on going from one mob to another profession. Their is also small and large windows when pretty much you can pull back your tt very easy. Im talking about short term loses like a few days and what not.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Other: The system can only distribute as much money as it has in any given moment. The likelihood for multipliers hence increases at times when deposits increase (confirmed by own experience). This is typically the case in weekly patterns of human activity, as well as around popular events. Distribution inside of the system is even and fair. The system does not detect whether above described example scenarios are attached to the same person. In simple terms, it is the same as if said person would buy two lottery tickets betting on different numbers and with stakes of different sizes. Any mechanism considering individual player history to determine "deserving" in any way would be rigged and thereby illegal. While we don't know the exact laws and inner workings, we do know that the company is audited and I consider it likely that part of the approbation process involved a technical control of the processes involved, under confidentiality but strict nonetheless.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any mechanism considering individual player history to determine "deserving" in any way would be rigged and thereby illegal.
    wouldn't pure randomness be illegal, because of being gambling? While having a backup mechanism that tracks and keeps losses in check make it not being gambling anymore?
    the payback hof is a lie

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Irdeta WoenK Hocren
    Society
    Riverboat Gamblers
    Images
    D) from my experience no matter in what you lose, system pays you back. That's why I am a believer in the personal loot pool, not that I have my own with items in it, just the system keeping track of my losses. There has to be some system in place that one can not get that 100% TT or above return or have 100% losses, that would be gambling.
    Just take a look at the stories, people having some draughts over week or months and suddenly hitting something big.
    There was a time when I believed I can force the payout, but was long before loot 2.0 and when we still had the no-looters. Nowadays, you just grind, spend, deposit and hope
    Avoiding hunting ubers since 25.04.2020
    Globals Hunting: 2977 Mining: 0049 Crafting: 0598
    HoFs Hunting: 0085 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0022
    Ubers Hunting: 0014 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0006

Always know where your towel is !!!

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    wouldn't pure randomness be illegal, because of being gambling? While having a backup mechanism that tracks and keeps losses in check make it not being gambling anymore?
    Gambling as such is not forbidden, but of course rules and restrictions apply. Detailed answers here (the part about auditing requirements above is an assumption on my part, I admit -- at some point you can't muster the energy to study all of it and must apply heuristics.)

https://www.spelinspektionen.se/en/

Edit: Most efficient is probably to read the Gambling Act itself, inofficial translation here (PDF):
    https://www.spelinspektionen.se/glob...s-201_1138.pdf
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by WoenK View Post
    There has to be some system in place that one can not get that 100% TT or above return or have 100% losses, that would be gambling.
    I did some testings during 1.0 on this one.
    EP I + Simple I conductors/Roadie BLP amp.
    I did about 220-280 clicks of EP I and if i didn't get a multi during those clicks, then i did switch to the higher craft. Took me between 1-100 clicks to get the multi on the bigger craft.
    Resulting in >100% TT-return.
    However, after 8-9 multis there were suddenly no more multis for 1000+ clicks, turning the >100% TT-return into 90-95% TT-return...
    did that several times.

So yeah, i'm pretty sure there's something in place that keeps TT-returns in check.
    the payback hof is a lie

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Irdeta WoenK Hocren
    Society
    Riverboat Gamblers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    Gambling as such is not forbidden, but of course rules and restrictions apply. Detailed answers here (the part about auditing requirements above is an assumption on my part, I admit -- at some point you can't muster the energy to study all of it and must apply heuristics.)

https://www.spelinspektionen.se/en/
    But isn't it illegal to offer gambling without a proper licence ?
    And isn't MA audited because they do not have that licence and must prove, that the game is fair and they simply keep a share ?
    Avoiding hunting ubers since 25.04.2020
    Globals Hunting: 2977 Mining: 0049 Crafting: 0598
    HoFs Hunting: 0085 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0022
    Ubers Hunting: 0014 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0006

Always know where your towel is !!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast