Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

The Curious Case of Redulite

So, I know there is already a thread debating the topic and yet i chose to make a new one as the objective and direction of what i have in mind is different from the prevailing one.

We all have our opinions and perspectives , so I will share my own from what I have understood so far.

Before the flood the waves for redulite were shorter and the claim sizes were capped. As has been claimed by some , I can refute the depth part as it was previously also dropping at much lower depths and available at 800 avg depth as well. Yes, less common but undeniably there to a good extent.

Lets talk about the motivation @ MA as to why this was done. I thing I do believe for a fact ( Belief being the keyword there) is that it was not a mistake in terms of wanting to increase the supply of redulite. That i believe was the goal as it was severely effecting crafting of armatrix guns among other things with a 550+ markup on redulite.

This is where the grey area starts however. If that is what they truly wanted then they either

1. Don't understand how there own loot algorithm works, quite possibly because the guy who designed is long gone and the new ones are experimenting with value changes which they do not properly understand

2. They don't understand how people in EU are and as such what happened is < 50 people mined the whole thing in < 24 hrs and between resellers ( some who have mined a lot already and would benefit from keeping markup high) and crafters , the markup will go back upto 400% in no time. This is substantiated by the fact that the cap is back on redulite as anyone who mines for redulite will know ( If i am wrong and someone has another experience, please feel free to let me know).

Now my personal opinion on the episode which is as unbiased as i can be :

I mined quite a bit of it myself and I have them in storage like 90% of the rest of miners knowing that since the cap is back on will wait for redulite to move to 400+ before offloading my stack. However, this makes no sense to me from MA perspective as this by no means solves the reason with which this event took place. Which leads a conclusion that it was a mistake to begin with. Hence why i call it a curious case.

Suggestion To MA at my own peril : If this was a mistake, well leave it be and a few of us just made a lot of peds out of some opportunistic timing. However, if this was not a mistake and the goal was to reduce redulite markup, then the only move you have now is to remove the cap again and keep the wave window/depth contained. That will prevent those holding onto huge stacks ( including myself) to at some point do the inevitable and bring the markup to what MA wants it to be. If you do a repeat of the former wave, the same will happen and a few will again stack up and what you end up is a similar situation. The idea is enough redulite needs to be mined on a regular basis ( not just a one time thingie) for redulite markup to be contained.

MA made a move : Removed Cap. I don't think the flood was intentional and the inevitable happened. Players made a move by either buying up all the cheap ores or keeping it with them and not selling. I am keen to see what MA's next move will be.

Cheers,

Divinity

(PS : I am not drunk or under influence and am fully aware of the implication this post has on my own designs)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Happy accidents happen a lot in this game. Regardless of if it was on accident or not, it might guide Mindark to do something on purpose in the future...

Maybe this is a test to see if all caps should be removed for good?

I find it very amusing that the survey comes from you

exactly when this "mistake" happened again in the afternoon, did you find so much at once? : D

https://imgur.com/N6wB7Jz

was a time window of 15 minutes

hit well right?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    The first option. It's the FEN whip crafting "event" all over again, extra zeros in wrong places.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Why this poll ?
    Are you thinking of putting the Redulite back in the ground ?

Anyone with any sense knows it wasn't intentional.

But most don't give a damn, so they're not going to bother voting.

However, anyone who has benefited in any way, shape or form, will vote #2 or #4 of course.

The best way to get an answer would be to ask MA, right ?

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    I'm not going to try to guess if it was a mistake or intentional. But they need to remove all caps as it just leads to hoarding and market manipulation for stuff that has demand. They should be able to just set chances of finding items to somewhat control supply.

btw MA if you read this Opal markup is still ridiculous. Entropia 2.99 is a real thing.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    PkmX PkmX PkmX
    Society
    Art of Mining
    Images
    I seriously hope that it was a mistake, as if this was intentional that would bring terrible implications to the market that MA is willing to forcibly manipulate the markup of items with violent measures, and that would give people second thoughts before purchasing high markup items. This Redulite incident is not really that bad since very few people would have thousands of PEDs of Redulite sitting in their storage, so for most people they only just missed an opportunity to make a few quick thousands of PEDs by not playing at the right time. Imagine if this happens to other stuffs, like sudden influx of 10K PED Dunkel (kills all your F-106/Dante MU), or rings. People aren't going to be that happy when they wake up to find out that they not only missed the window for ares ring rain, and the ones that own also halved in value because MA just decided to drop 300 rings overnight.
    I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII
    Non-depositer since 2006/02/07

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not going to try to guess if it was a mistake or intentional. But they need to remove all caps as it just leads to hoarding and market manipulation for stuff that has demand. They should be able to just set chances of finding items to somewhat control supply.

btw MA if you read this Opal markup is still ridiculous. Entropia 2.99 is a real thing.
    This about sums it up. Was it intentional? Obviously yes - at least on some level. When you program something it doesn't just magically change unless you change it.

However, I'm sure they didn't consider that 95% of the released Redulite would be found in such a short time and just end up in the hands of about 10 people that are more than likely going to hoard it until they can sell for an unreasonable markup. (And of course a flawed scarcity system makes this possible).

Clearly MA's attempt to correct the markup of Redulite failed due to their ignorance of the 10th rule of acquisition: Greed is eternal.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Prowler
    Aurisk Morey Kenbi
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    It depends on MA's goal here.
    1. If their plan was to award high level players and those who deposit, then it's done very well.
    - Those who had peds, had skills, had gear and are online at that particular time can mine a crap tonne of redu and make thousands to tens of thousands of ped in profit from one day of mining. Which is nice to see the supports for high lv game play.

2. If their plan was to make crafting more accessible to players by dropping mu of what I call "Bottle neck ores". Then this was done rather poorly. The ones who were on the ball with this redu wave knows if the wave stops it's just a matter hording and unloading when MU is high. We do it ALL THE TIME.... it's how profit mining works.
    - The only solution to make resources more accessible is to increase the drop rate of a resource permanently. Otherwise, there is no reason to sell the massive stack of redu we currently have and drop mu.

*I have a nice stack of redu as well from the wave. Currently it makes no sense for me to sell, so am hording as with everyone else.

** Edit. Leaving things as is will make Redu like the Insulin market in USA. Cheap to make, but very expensive product for end user. Those few with majority supply determines price. All other "lowballers" will simply get bought out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast