FYI: Cerb Hulk Beris - Hunting log

I figured someone would say that.

So new players will come in and play EU for years losing money until they have enough skills to spend tens of thousands of dollars to buy equipment to possibly profit.

Do you honestly believe that that argument will persuade enough new players to stay in the game to be able to pay the uber's salaries?

Do you prefer the option that they have no possibility to profit longterm then?

who says they cant profit? u dont have to profit TT wise... for example: u get 50% of ur loot as shrapnel and u get 99,5% tt return. now ud even profit tt wise with converting the shrapnel and tt the rest of the loot. if u sell something of the loot u made even more profit.
if u sell more loot to players and make 1.5% on average on ur return with it then 98,52% would be sufficient to sustain.
its really not that hard. you maybe need to step down a bit so u dont oversupply but thats what real crafters have to do as well. they cant just spit out amps all day and expect to sell them all. if u want to sustain u need to adapt to the market and not brainlessly 24 hour grind to 100% profit. thats just insanely stupid.

I prefer that MindArk not go under because of an unsustainable business model. Do you really think that enough new players to sustain the uber's TT income will try the game and decide to keep playing? For years? Constantly losing money?

I don't. And I think that MindArk doesn't, because if they did, they wouldn't have made these changes, and other changes before this. I think that MindArk is gambling that they can attract and retain enough new players to make up for the uber players that they will lose with these changes. And it is a gamble. MindArk might still go under. But without the changes, they will certainly go under.

I don't think they want to lose the uber players, or I should really say uber hunters. I think that they are trying to set up a system where uber hunters can still make a profit, but probably not an income, through near TT returns, events, and targeted MU...ESIs, shopkeeper pads, combat tokens, mushrooms and so on that only uber hunters are optimized to grind. I think they think that that will be good enough for some ubers. The rest will sell out and quit. Their equipment will go to other hunters at a discount, who will become the new ubers, and MA can grow the playerbase and the economy.

I think this could work, if it were just the ubers. But of course the danger is of losing a lot of mid-level hunters who dreamed of one day being one of those TT profiting ubers. Like I said, a gamble.

Last edited:
Fun how people mention messi a lot
People know his early days?

Ask him his returns and how he did before certain level and certain gear aquisition, you'd be surprized, he just planed long term, thats all.

Reactions: das
i have a 100k in the bank why does the bank dont give me 20% EVERY YEAR for my money they should just take the money from the poeple putting there pay check in the bank i put alot of money in there just putting 300 a week

that what this argument seem like

if you said yea they have the best gear and make money here and there a small amount a year yea ok but they are like gold farmers they take and take even play there ava 24/7 whit out the risk of losing money and so big that it take probly 10 mid player to cycle what the doo per day or more

so tell me i use to play why should i pay for them when i played for years knowing not going to loot any good item because they were all turn off only the last year you can but i stop before

mid players that depo 100 to 1000 a month are more import than a select few that all the doo is take out money every day of the week whit out by not doing anything to find the way to make a profit or using exploit like the wave and such also any person that depo 1 dollar or more even poeple that dont depo are important also

like i said before tell me how much i need to depo to have a a steady income every month garenty and alot of players whould like to know also

if the est amour was not bad why did they take it out also there was a tread poeple started showing tt profit on there la to go hunt there

Reactions: DoA
New players come to this game because they think they can make profit here. Profit from near beginning if playing smart, not profit after playing for 5 years and investing thousands of dollars.

I am quite sure that no new players will come here if you tell them "in the first years, you will make loss, so that the ubers can make profit. After loosing thousands of dollars you should be skilled enough to buy uber gear for thousands of dollars. After that you are able to make profit"

If playing smart, everybody should be able to make profit, even low lvl plyewrs who just started the game. Otherwise the whole advertising about this game is a lie and need to be changed. And with that done, the game will die.

For sure iam not playing to pay the ubers. If thats the case i want to hear an official statement from MA, that thats the way the game works. Low lvl players are playing to pay the ubers?
Is that the case or not?

If yes, then kkthxbye, nobody will miss me and i won't miss you. And i think most players will be gone and you can play EU with 100 players in a elite circle or private server.

i have a 100k in the bank why does the bank dont give me 20% EVERY YEAR for my money they should just take the money from the poeple putting there pay check in the bank i put alot of money in there just putting 300 a week

so tell me i use to play why should i pay for them when i played for years knowing not going to loot any good item because they were all turn off only the last year you can but i stop before

like i said before tell me how much i need to depo to have a a steady income every month garenty and alot of players whould like to know also

Oh really ? I'm only quoting you there, but I could quote many others as well.

Your bank does pay you every year for the money you place in it. Some % only, since they also offer the guarantee you'll be able to recover a certain amount of your funds. You will also get other offers if you speak with your bank, that comes with some risks but can give 5%+.

Is it not enough ? Oh don't worry, you can't get 12% a year. Doing absolutely nothing. Not from your bank, though... Something called CLD. You know, those deeds draining 50% of Calypso's income.

It's strange, isn't it ? You have no problem paying CLD holders just as much as you pay the Calypso team, for doing nothing else than holding a deed in inventory (!) but when someone is playing better, with a lot more dedication than the average player, understanding the system and doing what it takes to be the best in this category, he doesn't deserve anything ?

Regards,
Inistae Sephoris.

This message is hidden because member is on your ignore list.
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.

wtf this spam !
ok ok ok ! got it !
such an activ member :eyecrazy:

Reactions: Mac
I am quite sure that no new players will come here if you tell them "in the first years, you will make loss, so that the ubers can make profit. After loosing thousands of dollars you should be skilled enough to buy uber gear for thousands of dollars. After that you are able to make profit"

If playing smart, everybody should be able to make profit, even low lvl plyewrs who just started the game. Otherwise the whole advertising about this game is a lie and need to be changed. And with that done, the game will die.

No they cant, for players to profit, then others will lose. You have sell stuff with mu to profit. That Mu comes from another player paying more than the TT. MA will take the cut from loot, so you have to cover that first, before you can profit.

There have been a lot of posts like yours, I just picked your's at random for reply.

Boiled down, your argument is that new and low level players should pay ubers to play EU because the ubers deserve it.

I can see where the ubers and near-ubers would be in favor of this, but what is in it for the new and low levels?

It's a serious question.

I never said that at all in another post i said

To keep it simple.

Now I do agree with some post and Yes all levels of players should be able to profit. The new players can't all lose ped just to give to the higher levels. There should be players winning and losing at all levels.

With that said though. The Elite of the Elite of every Profession I mean the tops should be profiting every year and withdrawing PED. Period! No and ifs or butts about it. That is the point of the game. It not a debate if you disagree you are just wrong and need to change your perspective.

I am not an Uber and yes I expect to profit. I did profit as a newer player. Yes new players should be able to enjoy the game and I actually think they should add more events focused on new and low lvl players. I think new player growth is vital to the game and would love to see this game population at least double in the next year.

So you have my thoughts and wishes misunderstood some. The main thought is we need to make money in this game or there isn't going to be one. Also there needs to be incentive to skills in order to reward your professions to make profit. Yes luck should be a factor at all levels however the each year there should be a TOP 10 list of players making Sizable withdraws from the game to show that the economy is good and support a reason to play.

if you said yea they have the best gear and make money here and there a small amount a year yea ok but they are like gold farmers they take and take even play there ava 24/7 whit out the risk of losing money and so big that it take probly 10 mid player to cycle what the doo per day or more

mid players that depo 100 to 1000 a month are more import than a select few that all the doo is take out money every day of the week whit out by not doing anything to find the way to make a profit or using exploit like the wave and such also any person that depo 1 dollar or more even poeple that dont depo are important also

if the est amour was not bad why did they take it out also there was a tread poeple started showing tt profit on there la to go hunt there

This I have tried to tell MA for 8 years but they never listen without doing what they want. I myself think that companies that work as it should stimulate good customers and here is a good customer who adds money and if you spend more money you are better customer and better. And the kind of customers, the company will take care of them so that they get fun of joy.:)

I never said that at all in another post i said [...]

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. I was responding to this post.

Think you are missing the point though. If you are playing this game as one of your sources of income then it is your Job. Many gamers play game as their job. That is why they are gamers. They are dedicating 15 hours a day everyday. They should be making money every year consistently with that level of play. I know you have some crazy ideas on that we are here to spend money on entertainment but that just isn't the case. That idea is wrong.

We are here to make money. It's expected. If the Elite players tell me that they can't withdraw big amounts then kinda kill my incentive to get better. Then maybe we all should be looking for another game to play to make money.

We aren't asking for a lot. When I see smilgs end of year post and goals for next year I expect to see a big PED withdraw from profiting. He should with the amount of time he spends and all Elite level players should profit over TT. Then my goal would be to become an Elite level player. If they don't or can't then there is no reason for me to improve or become an Elite level player and I should chip out and find another game.

This thread, which started as Hulk posting about his Loot v2 returns, morphed into a thread about whether uber hunters deserved TT+ returns, paid for by lower end players, because the ubers had spent more time and money skilling than had others. You seemed to agree with that, and it was the last such post, so it was the one that I responded to. It could have been any of them.

And, of course, my point was that whether or not ubers have earned TT profits or not, whether they deserve them or not, the model is not sustainable, and had to change.

This I have tried to tell MA for 8 years but they never listen without doing what they want. I myself think that companies that work as it should stimulate good customers and here is a good customer who adds money and if you spend more money you are better customer and better. And the kind of customers, the company will take care of them so that they get fun of joy.:)

Which doesn't work because MA doesn't make money through depos. If every depo'd $10000000 And never shot a gun, MA would have nothing more than multi million dollar debt liabilities.

MA makes money when you buy ammo and go decay your gun and armor and heal tools with it.

Wow you guys didn't stopped discussing? Listen to me ! Take a break, go outside take some air , drink a beer , make love with your girlfriend/wife . Just stop arguing useless here , because nobody's knows a shit and nobody is more powerful than nobody .

Which doesn't work because MA doesn't make money through depos. If every depo'd $10000000 And never shot a gun, MA would have nothing more than multi million dollar debt liabilities.

MA makes money when you buy ammo and go decay your gun and armor and heal tools with it.

But if i deposit more i buy more ammo get more dacy and so on i dont deposit and do nothing with my money here so MA gets more money.

That must be old MA. The new MA is so clever that they don't even need the money from ammo and decay:
- MA profits from deposits. If 6 months pass and you don't shoot your gun, and MA decides to close shop, they don't owe you anything
- MA profits from item upgrades: weapons, armor, gaps, chips... in each case you put more tt in than you get back. Not to mention Markup
- MA profits from devaluation of high MU items. Items that were producing 110%+ tt and now are not, are currently worth way less (not to be impolite and say they're worth jack shit)
- MA profits from Shrapnel: every ped converted to shrapnel is a devalued ped. By about 1%
- MA profits from boxes: guess they're gonna take big hit now on this end, when pills will mostly be used for skilling and PvP.
- MA profits from professions by taking 5% ish.

- MA profits from deposits. If 6 months pass and you don't shoot your gun, and MA decides to close shop, they don't owe you anything

Wasnt that 12 months?

- MA profits from devaluation of high MU items. Items that were producing 110%+ tt and now are not, are currently worth way less (not to be impolite and say they're worth jack shit)

MA doesnt value or devalue items. Thats all done by the player base.
MA just drops a 10 ped ring. Then some guy convinces the other it's worth 20k. And so we create MU.
Not done by MA.

true but that 20k value by the player was based on MA saying eco helps and now it only helps to a degree

true but that 20k value by the player was based on MA saying eco helps and now it only helps to a degree

sure, but that still doesnt make MA set the MU.
It's player based.

When you get a 10 ped ring from a strongbox, you ped 1$ for it.
Goes for any ring you get. Thats what you pay to MA.

It's then the player base which sets the astronomical MU's on it.

Mind you, MA doesnt make any money of MU except maybe from auction fees.
Hell, it might even costs MA money.

If I loot a 10 ped ring which I paid 1$ for and sell it for 50k ped I just made 5000$ which I can withdraw from the system. Sure, that 5k has been paid for by another player, but that's money that player will no longer spend in game but goes directly into my pockets.

And that's exactly what happend with all those high end items. The ubers that looted that stuff first made their nett tt profitts from it, and now sell then for a nice farewell bonus. Those are astronomical ped drains as a lot of high rollers are quickly cashing out while they still can.

Bye bye money.

sure, but that still doesnt make MA set the MU.
It's player based.

When you get a 10 ped ring from a strongbox, you ped 1$ for it.

That would be true if it wasn't MA that set the drop rates and the utility (and thus perceived value) for said ring. Or any other item for that matter.

As long as the rules of the game and inner workings are set and controlled by MA, they can raise and lower the MU value of any item:
- raising MU on items brings an influx of cash (through deposits) due to the perceived value of said items and profit prospects
- lowering the MU on items reduces MA's liability for in game cash. Which is their own way of taking money out of the game.

Sure, this time they crashed the market value of some items (maybe it'll take a while to actually crash, but the effect is applied already), out of a necessity of stopping some people from taking money out of the game without creating any value. This is an RCE, you should create value in order to make money (be it through loot, or mined ores, or crafted items: all create value for someone else). Simply going nuts 24/24 and getting profit without creating any value for anyone else, at the expense of everyone else, is not right and had to be changed.

i heard MA said when you reach 100k us dollars spent in hunting you start automaticly profit you get back 100k us money back in a years and never have to deop back just profit from then on

that poeple are saying

i heard MA said when you reach 100k us dollars spent in hunting you start automaticly profit you get back 100k us money back in a years and never have to deop back just profit from then on

that poeple are saying

Its funny cause its true. Thanks for your peds sir!

- lowering the MU on items reduces MA's liability for in game cash. Which is their own way of taking money out of the game.

the MU isn't a part of MA's liability, MA are only liable for the TT price, so CLD's are worth virtually zero, rings $1.

high MU brings investment opportunities and great resell after you move on, but puts off a lot of players who are simply out of reach

Lowering MU would reduce trust in MA and mean players who were caught out refusing to sell on to avoid loss which in turn lowers the availability, But might bring in more money still, as for every 1 player who would deposit $600 for a L1000, there might be 10 who would deposit $300 (example price, i've no idea what its worth)

Man this thread made me miss the Pre Sib, Mining amp, high dmg, tiering, enhancer, no quest, old PA. High HoF on all mobs, No PP, CLD, NeverDie, skill chippin, LG, Hangar, no vehicles, sweatin times.

Good luck on your journey Hulk. Keep pewpewin.

that poeple are saying

I think you would need to have a strategy in place too. Not just money spent..... Lol :laugh:

Who makes this shit up? Haha

the MU isn't a part of MA's liability, MA are only liable for the TT price, so CLD's are worth virtually zero, rings $1.

high MU brings investment opportunities and great resell after you move on, but puts off a lot of players who are simply out of reach

Lowering MU would reduce trust in MA and mean players who were caught out refusing to sell on to avoid loss which in turn lowers the availability, But might bring in more money still, as for every 1 player who would deposit $600 for a L1000, there might be 10 who would deposit $300 (example price, i've no idea what its worth)

Actually this is wrong.

Lowering markup of UL stuff, if it reduced pedcard amount, would reduce MA debt/asset liabilities. MA takes revenue from cycled peds. They could give a fuck less about your deposits... except that higher deposits and bigger pedcards typically transitions into more decay.

When you buy boxes or depo you're given an object or ped with tangible value tied to that purchase or deposit. But no MA is not responsible for markup, players decide that.

Lowering the MU on a high end item results in the players that try to liquidate their investment having a hard time and ending up with less cash to withdraw. Therefore less liability for MA.

I don't think MA gives a shit about user's balance or their ability to cycle. They have a simpler ecuation:
deposits - withdrawals - rolling_fund? = profit

Let's keep in mind that MA doesn't pay employees or dividends in ped.

So unless you actually have led on your card, you only have "ped if I sell". You can't withdrawa items.

Nevermind.. i had a point but fighting through a migraine.

I picked the worse time to come back to play this game it seems. Lost 7.5k peds in 3 weeks, never happend to me before no matter how much i cycled. Seems clear MA is trying to drain everybody atm with this 2.0 loot system if even those with 100+ skills and top tier weapons and gear are loosing. MA looking for more profit or it's the only way for MA to survive, who knows.

One point i want to make:

ALL that you deposit go in MA accounts, it's their money when you deposit them. You get some equivalent value in game (a little less actually after fees) and that value gets cycled when you hunt, mine, craft. As soon as you start hunting/crafting/mining MA controls what you get back with their loot algorithms. Before 2.0 was possible to make profit with high skills/gear or with a lot of luck, now after 2.0 it will be just a chance for that profit. Unfortunately the returns are now 75-80% for some mid players like me and it's clear that MA wants to keep more of the ammount you deposit and pay less return to us. Ofc some players see this sudden change unwelcomed, not only the ones with high value gear (some that payed that value from their pockets) but also those trying to get the skills needed for that uber gear. MA bets now we will continue to deposit even with this change, like a gambler that continues to play no matter how low are his chances, I am not so sure but then again they can change the rules whenever they want, it's their game.

What the game seems to be now it's what we were always afraid to admit : a casino. So GL to all.

every deposit earns MA money. and they even earn it pretty directly. cos every time someone deposits, the money sits in MAs account. if you want to have it back you have to pay the withdrawel fee. so everytime something goes in it has to be paid a feww to get out again

Back