PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 281
  1. #211
    Elite sbi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Denmark
    Avatar
    Sbinortz Sbi Latz'tek
    Posts
    3,003
    Images
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon(AJ)Jerrix View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I figured someone would say that.

    So new players will come in and play EU for years losing money until they have enough skills to spend tens of thousands of dollars to buy equipment to possibly profit.

    Do you honestly believe that that argument will persuade enough new players to stay in the game to be able to pay the uber's salaries?
    Do you prefer the option that they have no possibility to profit longterm then?
    Natural Born Killers!
    Add to friendslist: Search 'Sbinortz' in player register

  2. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by sbi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you prefer the option that they have no possibility to profit longterm then?
    who says they cant profit? u dont have to profit TT wise... for example: u get 50% of ur loot as shrapnel and u get 99,5% tt return. now ud even profit tt wise with converting the shrapnel and tt the rest of the loot. if u sell something of the loot u made even more profit.
    if u sell more loot to players and make 1.5% on average on ur return with it then 98,52% would be sufficient to sustain.
    its really not that hard. you maybe need to step down a bit so u dont oversupply but thats what real crafters have to do as well. they cant just spit out amps all day and expect to sell them all. if u want to sustain u need to adapt to the market and not brainlessly 24 hour grind to 100% profit. thats just insanely stupid.

  3. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by sbi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you prefer the option that they have no possibility to profit longterm then?
    I prefer that MindArk not go under because of an unsustainable business model. Do you really think that enough new players to sustain the uber's TT income will try the game and decide to keep playing? For years? Constantly losing money?

    I don't. And I think that MindArk doesn't, because if they did, they wouldn't have made these changes, and other changes before this. I think that MindArk is gambling that they can attract and retain enough new players to make up for the uber players that they will lose with these changes. And it is a gamble. MindArk might still go under. But without the changes, they will certainly go under.

    I don't think they want to lose the uber players, or I should really say uber hunters. I think that they are trying to set up a system where uber hunters can still make a profit, but probably not an income, through near TT returns, events, and targeted MU...ESIs, shopkeeper pads, combat tokens, mushrooms and so on that only uber hunters are optimized to grind. I think they think that that will be good enough for some ubers. The rest will sell out and quit. Their equipment will go to other hunters at a discount, who will become the new ubers, and MA can grow the playerbase and the economy.

    I think this could work, if it were just the ubers. But of course the danger is of losing a lot of mid-level hunters who dreamed of one day being one of those TT profiting ubers. Like I said, a gamble.
    Last edited by Avon(AJ)Jerrix; 07-16-2017 at 06:59. Reason: split one sentence into two

  4. #214
    Marauder Manique's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Portugal
    Avatar
    Paulo Manique Santos
    Society
    In Da Pocket
    Posts
    6,509
    Images
    185
    Fun how people mention messi a lot
    People know his early days?

    Ask him his returns and how he did before certain level and certain gear aquisition, you'd be surprized, he just planed long term, thats all.
    Landed on Calypso: 10th September 2007

    Mission/Quest EU

    LiveStream Channel

  5. #215
    Alpha
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    540
    Images
    14
    i have a 100k in the bank why does the bank dont give me 20% EVERY YEAR for my money they should just take the money from the poeple putting there pay check in the bank i put alot of money in there just putting 300 a week

    that what this argument seem like

    if you said yea they have the best gear and make money here and there a small amount a year yea ok but they are like gold farmers they take and take even play there ava 24/7 whit out the risk of losing money and so big that it take probly 10 mid player to cycle what the doo per day or more

    so tell me i use to play why should i pay for them when i played for years knowing not going to loot any good item because they were all turn off only the last year you can but i stop before

    mid players that depo 100 to 1000 a month are more import than a select few that all the doo is take out money every day of the week whit out by not doing anything to find the way to make a profit or using exploit like the wave and such also any person that depo 1 dollar or more even poeple that dont depo are important also

    like i said before tell me how much i need to depo to have a a steady income every month garenty and alot of players whould like to know also

    if the est amour was not bad why did they take it out also there was a tread poeple started showing tt profit on there la to go hunt there

  6. #216
    Old
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    Carn Carni Fireclaw
    Posts
    74
    New players come to this game because they think they can make profit here. Profit from near beginning if playing smart, not profit after playing for 5 years and investing thousands of dollars.

    I am quite sure that no new players will come here if you tell them "in the first years, you will make loss, so that the ubers can make profit. After loosing thousands of dollars you should be skilled enough to buy uber gear for thousands of dollars. After that you are able to make profit"

    If playing smart, everybody should be able to make profit, even low lvl plyewrs who just started the game. Otherwise the whole advertising about this game is a lie and need to be changed. And with that done, the game will die.

    For sure iam not playing to pay the ubers. If thats the case i want to hear an official statement from MA, that thats the way the game works. Low lvl players are playing to pay the ubers?
    Is that the case or not?

    If yes, then kkthxbye, nobody will miss me and i won't miss you. And i think most players will be gone and you can play EU with 100 players in a elite circle or private server.

  7. #217
    Provider Phaelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Avatar
    Inistae Phaelia Sephoris
    Posts
    160
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD RACING View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i have a 100k in the bank why does the bank dont give me 20% EVERY YEAR for my money they should just take the money from the poeple putting there pay check in the bank i put alot of money in there just putting 300 a week

    that what this argument seem like

    so tell me i use to play why should i pay for them when i played for years knowing not going to loot any good item because they were all turn off only the last year you can but i stop before

    like i said before tell me how much i need to depo to have a a steady income every month garenty and alot of players whould like to know also
    Oh really ? I'm only quoting you there, but I could quote many others as well.

    Your bank does pay you every year for the money you place in it. Some % only, since they also offer the guarantee you'll be able to recover a certain amount of your funds. You will also get other offers if you speak with your bank, that comes with some risks but can give 5%+.

    Is it not enough ? Oh don't worry, you can't get 12% a year. Doing absolutely nothing. Not from your bank, though... Something called CLD. You know, those deeds draining 50% of Calypso's income.

    It's strange, isn't it ? You have no problem paying CLD holders just as much as you pay the Calypso team, for doing nothing else than holding a deed in inventory (!) but when someone is playing better, with a lot more dedication than the average player, understanding the system and doing what it takes to be the best in this category, he doesn't deserve anything ?

    Regards,
    Inistae Sephoris.

  8. #218
    Guardian moise's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    France
    Avatar
    moise xa27 ze
    Society
    Quetzalcoatl
    Posts
    322
    Images
    16
    This message is hidden because member is on your ignore list.
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    This message is hidden because member is on your ignore list.
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    This message is hidden because member is on your ignore list.
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    This message is hidden because member is on your ignore list.
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    This message is hidden because member is on your ignore list.
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.


    wtf this spam !
    ok ok ok ! got it !
    such an activ member
    [System]: Your Human Life (L) is close to reaching minimum condition. Please note that limited (L) Human cannot be repaired.

  9. #219
    Prowler
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    England, Nottingshire
    Avatar
    bigdaddy longhairedlover trim
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    1,636
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Carn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am quite sure that no new players will come here if you tell them "in the first years, you will make loss, so that the ubers can make profit. After loosing thousands of dollars you should be skilled enough to buy uber gear for thousands of dollars. After that you are able to make profit"

    If playing smart, everybody should be able to make profit, even low lvl plyewrs who just started the game. Otherwise the whole advertising about this game is a lie and need to be changed. And with that done, the game will die.
    No they cant, for players to profit, then others will lose. You have sell stuff with mu to profit. That Mu comes from another player paying more than the TT. MA will take the cut from loot, so you have to cover that first, before you can profit.

  10. #220
    Alpha The Abomb's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Avatar
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    617
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon(AJ)Jerrix View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There have been a lot of posts like yours, I just picked your's at random for reply.

    Boiled down, your argument is that new and low level players should pay ubers to play EU because the ubers deserve it.

    I can see where the ubers and near-ubers would be in favor of this, but what is in it for the new and low levels?

    It's a serious question.
    I never said that at all in another post i said

    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To keep it simple.

    Now I do agree with some post and Yes all levels of players should be able to profit. The new players can't all lose ped just to give to the higher levels. There should be players winning and losing at all levels.

    With that said though. The Elite of the Elite of every Profession I mean the tops should be profiting every year and withdrawing PED. Period! No and ifs or butts about it. That is the point of the game. It not a debate if you disagree you are just wrong and need to change your perspective.
    I am not an Uber and yes I expect to profit. I did profit as a newer player. Yes new players should be able to enjoy the game and I actually think they should add more events focused on new and low lvl players. I think new player growth is vital to the game and would love to see this game population at least double in the next year.

    So you have my thoughts and wishes misunderstood some. The main thought is we need to make money in this game or there isn't going to be one. Also there needs to be incentive to skills in order to reward your professions to make profit. Yes luck should be a factor at all levels however the each year there should be a TOP 10 list of players making Sizable withdraws from the game to show that the economy is good and support a reason to play.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,486 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,043 Force Merge

    Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook