Sure missing my combat log

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Hope that ET is stable enough to put in the new URL:).

Anything about the combat log yet ???

I tried using this combat log yesterday. for me it seems to record only 1 out of 5 shots or so. is this normal? does this thing work anymore?

is there another dps/combat log tracker available?

I am thinking that nobody knows how to fix ET or it would have been done by now... With all the interest BIG seems to have you would think they would take over.

I am thinking that nobody knows how to fix ET or it would have been done by now... With all the interest BIG seems to have you would think they would take over.

They have as I talked with one of them and he was a DB guy and they don't have anyone that can fix the code. I am not sure in what language the combat log is written. I sure wish they could find someone, surely there is someone here that plays that could do it.

They have as I talked with one of them and he was a DB guy and they don't have anyone that can fix the code. I am not sure in what language the combat log is written. I sure wish they could find someone, surely there is someone here that plays that could do it.

The source code is probably long lost. It would take someone that knew how to disassemble it.

The source code is probably long lost. It would take someone that knew how to disassemble it.
Nope it is still there. I talked to one of the guys and he said he looked at it but he was not a programmer. He did mention that he had spoke to someone but I guess that fell through.

Nope it is still there. I talked to one of the guys and he said he looked at it but he was not a programmer. He did mention that he had spoke to someone but I guess that fell through.

If I remembered half of what I use to know, I'd offer to take a look at it! :banghead:
There has to be someone trustworthy that could do it!:whip:

If I remembered half of what I use to know, I'd offer to take a look at it! :banghead:
There has to be someone trustworthy that could do it!:whip:

I know what you mean I was a senior programmer 14 years ago and now......well you know :scratch2:.

ye..as i remember it was not working anymore when the internet-site(name) was changed...

maybe they need only do a search and replace

entropedia.info-->entropiawiki.com

bec it cannot load the entries from it??

ye..as i remember it was not working anymore when the internet-site(name) was changed...

maybe they need only do a search and replace

entropedia.info-->entropiawiki.com

bec it cannot load the entries from it??

A solution until they do it:

Open your windows hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) and add these lines at the bottom:

Code:
194.218.0.115 www.entropedia.info
194.218.0.115 entropedia.info

That is the ip of entropiawiki.com and after you save the file all local requests for entropedia.info will be forwarded to correct address.

UPDATE 2018/10/03: in case someone comes across this, the ip has changed to 169.50.185.226

Last edited:

Open your windows hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) and add these lines at the bottom:

Code:

That is the ip of entropiawiki.com and after you save the file all local requests for entropedia.info will be forwarded to correct address.

We tried that but had the syntax wrong. I tried to put in the amounts in the boxes manually but that did not work. Didn't think they would program in a way that you have to hit EP each time, I would have just used the values in the boxes to get the info.

Works great and thanks very much. You=:wise:

Code:

It has been so long since I messed with it I forgot that I could use the log just by entering the damage and ammo and shots P/S (No need to use the look up) but it could not pick up the misses so you could never get the percentage of hits.

It has been so long since I messed with it I forgot that I could use the log just by entering the damage and ammo and shots P/S (No need to use the look up) but it could not pick up the misses so you could never get the percentage of hits.

Yeah, the format of ingame misses/evades messages has changed so can't do much about it. Except for writing a log parser and feeding its results to the EL tracker but at that point you could as well write your own combat logger from scratch.

Yeah, the format of ingame misses/evades messages has changed so can't do much about it. Except for writing a log parser and feeding its results to the EL tracker but at that point you could as well write your own combat logger from scratch.
Actually I did write one to parse the log and worked well gave all the skill increases and totaled and other things. It was fun to write and use but I lost interest, as one does because I really just like to play.

I forgot all about the hosts. file! :dunce: Thank you for that reminder :tiphat: It works like a charm & now I have yet another toy to play with :thumbup:

I forgot all about the hosts. file! :dunce: Thank you for that reminder :tiphat: It works like a charm & now I have yet another toy to play with :thumbup:
Are you using it for the combat log or something else ?

Are you using it for the combat log or something else ?

I use it to take screenshots of my globals & to provide +1 tracker client wherever i go. The combat log may be interesting to play with, but suspect that it will be more trouble than it's worth ;)

I use it to take screenshots of my globals & to provide +1 tracker client wherever i go. The combat log may be interesting to play with, but suspect that it will be more trouble than it's worth ;)
The combat log is the only way to keep MA honest. MA says you should have around 10% misses and without the log how would you really know ? I am not saying that MA would change it on purpose but judging by past experiences it could be done by accident and would you really notice a 2% change ?

Hello again, I came back to game and tried to make this work, this method is not working these days? The entropedia info is not working.

Svarog, what are you talking about ???? This thread has always been about Entropia Tracker. And I am just wondering why you would even reply to a thread that is 2, thats two YEARS old next month ! And since when has entropiawiki.com supplied a combat log ? BTW I hope they are but I have not seen it.

Svarog, what are you talking about ???? This thread has always been about Entropia Tracker. And I am just wondering why you would even reply to a thread that is 2, thats two YEARS old next month ! And since when has entropiawiki.com supplied a combat log ? BTW I hope they are but I have not seen it.

I sometimes wonder do you even read what people write. Don't you see that I wasn't replying to you?

I wonder the same thing about you. The date on his post was Feb 2019 over a year old. My original post is just 2 months short of being 3 years old. Not sure what you are doing or how you find posts this old ??????

Does anyone see Crinlorite posted on Feb 2019?
I see his post as 05-19-2020, 21:14 and that's what Svarog replied to.

I have no dog in this fight, just curious about accuracy of forum's dates. :cowboy:

Does anyone see Crinlorite posted on Feb 2019?
I see his post as 05-19-2020, 21:14 and that's what Svarog replied to.

I have no dog in this fight, just curious about accuracy of forum's dates. :cowboy:

He posted on 05-20-2020 and that's what I replied to 25 min later:

Last edited:
He posted on 05-20-2020 and that's what I replied to 25 min later:

Sorry I mis-stated I should have said post and not thread I was really talking about the age of the the post in the first place and you just compounded his error by replying to his post. Anyway you can have the last word I done with this.

Back