PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Self-requested Deactivation
    Acronoid
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

Economic latency

Normally during summers; things become cheaper. Added to this is the loot 2.0 that sets the end of the eco era.
    Yet prices on low and middle end eco gear don't seem to go down at all. A10x amps, ares rings... seem to even go up a little in value since loot 2.0

Now, we have the migration, so it will be interesting to see how the market evolves once it is over.
    I'm sure a lot of the the gear is in the hands of re-sellers, and other people that want to get rid of them.

I wonder if the beginning of August will be MU drop; or maybe even later. And how much the market will drop.

What I suspect is that MA aims at a certain MU % that makes it easier and more attractive for new players to join and play. If that is the case and they want to reestablish the market at a lower point it is totally unavoidable.

In theory it would create the opportunity to sell items now at a current price and later buy it back at a lower price.
    This is a rare economical event. And it actually goes against the summer sale/autumn buy trend.
    I wonder if MA chose the timing on purpose, to create the biggest effect as possible.

Any way, this seems to be an interesting economical time. It might hurt the resellers, it might hurt the ones making profit in hunting; but it is interesting to see where it will lead to.

the super eco stuff drops heavily in value, like EST sets for example. before loot 2.0 you could buy EST sets for roughly 3000% and now they go for 1000%. also the high end rings and gear dropped a lot in value as super high eco is not useful / necessary anymore as the upper eco cap got lowered a lot.
    this also means that the normal end gear, that was too uneco before loot 2.0 is more useful / not as bad as before now rises a bit in value due to higher demand.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just play the game. Those that were not logging in through this 2.0 mess will still pay what they used to when they start logging in again closer to Merry Mayhem.

(those selling out now will be flaming the forums soon enough when loot 3.0 tips the balance back to the way it used to be. Mindark's always moving the carrot dangling in front of you.)
    Last edited by mastermesh; 07-27-2017 at 00:13.

Banned
    Naming Policy Violation
    As mentioned in previous post, highend stuff gets a lot cheaper. There is zero point having 150k-300k gear to gain 1-2% more sharpnel in TT returns.

For MA, Perfect Ares is worth 10 PED TT, rest is just player created fluff. With loot 2.0, that Perf Ares comes more in line with actual benefits, more crits/faster shooting, but return wise it adds almost nothing. So profit generator now generates 0.5-1%? more TT return that has 0.5% MU.

If you cycle 100k/month, you will get +1k PED TT return and +50 PED more markup. With amazing volatility of the loot, this could be lost in system and your actual gains are 0. Is the item worth 25-30k pricetag now?

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Aurora Linzey Zamperath
    Society
    free spirit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As mentioned in previous post, highend stuff gets a lot cheaper. There is zero point having 150k-300k gear to gain 1-2% more sharpnel in TT returns.

For MA, Perfect Ares is worth 10 PED TT, rest is just player created fluff. With loot 2.0, that Perf Ares comes more in line with actual benefits, more crits/faster shooting, but return wise it adds almost nothing. So profit generator now generates 0.5-1%? more TT return that has 0.5% MU.

If you cycle 100k/month, you will get +1k PED TT return and +50 PED more markup. With amazing volatility of the loot, this could be lost in system and your actual gains are 0. Is the item worth 25-30k pricetag now?
    Fascinating facts, thanks for clearing that up

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Paul Jetman Masters
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

But if you use 100k/month and get 1-2k TT more, volatility or not, its still 1-2k more than you would have got, other options at 100+ are low eco guns where you lose 3-4k compare to the Uber gear or (L) which you pay 110-125% mu. i agree UL guns are over inflated but demand is there, they do appear to be selling

Rings were always overpriced, there were in a very weak bubble ready to pop with decay or tweaks. it appears loot 2.0 changed the best rings as focus blow drops, reload climbs but the bubble will continue until decay

Self-requested Deactivation
    Acronoid
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jetman View Post
    But if you use 100k/month and get 1-2k TT more, volatility or not, its still 1-2k more than you would have got, other options at 100+ are low eco guns where you lose 3-4k compare to the Uber gear or (L) which you pay 110-125% mu. i agree UL guns are over inflated but demand is there, they do appear to be selling

Rings were always overpriced, there were in a very weak bubble ready to pop with decay or tweaks. it appears loot 2.0 changed the best rings as focus blow drops, reload climbs but the bubble will continue until decay

Not really, the bubble will continue until the market is saturated. Rings are still dropping, although it is slowing down.
    The thing with market saturation is that prices stay high until a % is reached, after that they come crashing down really quickly.
    The market saturation level will have a bigger impact than the diminished usefulness.

Although I believe that MA wants to make the game cheaper by for new and low skilled players by:
    1. leveling the playing field
    2. removing huge markup and get rid of an image that you need to have a 1000$ setup to even play the game at low level
    3. changing the whole concept more towards missions and entertainment.

The reason is that "uber" players that are profiting may seem like a good way to motivate players to skill up. The real truth is that the redraws from those players really hurt MA's pockets.
    It is more lucrative to provide entertainment than trying trying to cater to people who want to "beat the house".
    Besides, do you really want to cater to a hardcore group of players who's primary motivation is to beat the house in the first case?

If you view the overarching vision behind the last 7 years; MA management seems to go more into the direction of mainstream MMO's.

So expect MU to drop on almost everything.
    Expect exiting new missions (and you have to admit they are kinda fun)
    Expect the web-shop to grow and offer new items and packs

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Sylva Kyra Minor
    Society
    Benevolence
    So if this is the case what's the point in an RCE. There are many other mmo's out there that already play that way and do it better than entropia.

Banned
    Naming Policy Violation
    Quote Originally Posted by krogfan View Post
    Post some logs to prove me wrong.

MA stated our gear affects our loot by some %. The difference is just so fucking small between 1k and 300k gear, that you might as well lose it to "dynamic" loot.

Check back in 2018 and see if ROI has changed compared to pre 2.0. I for sure would not buy 30k ring atm as it most probably not earn back the cost in reasonable timeframe or you maybe even lose because items gets cheaper at faster rate. Maybe 5% crit and 100% critp is new norm and all today "ubers" are 2019 casuals

PS! My totals are 100%+ TT return with ~500 PED setup @500k or so cycled.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Inguts Sokolade Spurz
    Society
    House Of Gamers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krogfan View Post
    Post some logs to prove me wrong.

MA stated our gear affects our loot by some %. The difference is just so fucking small between 1k and 300k gear, that you might as well lose it to "dynamic" loot.

PS! My totals are 100%+ TT return with ~500 PED setup @500k or so cycled.
    When was the last time you tried shooting with 300k gear? Oh wait nevermind, ur ps say u cycle 500k with 500ped gear. Sure this is the "true"statistics and all...

I call this all one big BS. Theory craft is going strong in this universe...
    Check out my hunting blog www.sokolade.rocks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast