Question: What is your go to mob?

Grotesque

Provider
Society
Hunters Extreme
Vladimir GROTESQUE Scholtz
So, I was wondering.

What is the mob you guys go shoot at by default?

For the past two months or so mine would be Kerberos Dom and Alpha (up to 150 PED ammo run) and small Atrox (200-300 PED runs)@ Jurra. I also spend a lot of time on Ambulimax Young (same as troxes) @ Nea's Place. As I find the most steady returns from those.

My current setup leaves much to be desired tho.
Mah'ketta + 2a and a Flimsy :)
The cheapest Ares + def ring
Whatever (L) laser gun I can find that is maxed on LVL 30 + A103, A104..
So pretty noobish stuff, but I keep on improving.

I know some ppl choose the run on the current returns, some on waves, "hot" mobs, some mix n' match according to daily missions or simply grinding the Irons etc...

So I'm curious:
* how you choose the mob to hunt?
* how much PED cycled per run on that mob?
* what is your "95% return" mob :D
* how often you change mobs?
* your setup on chosen mob?

Hope to get some insight in what to hunt next to refresh my neverending grind :)

Last edited:
Long ago, I had go to mobs.

Beryclads, followed by molisks, later was feffoid when they were raining korss, followed by argos, followed by ambus, etc. Every change was due to how the loot changed.

Recently, I mostly grind whatever mob I feel like / want to finish a mission stage for the rewards, as long as it is comfortably within my gear / level.

I prefer mobs which are not hunted much. From those mainstream, I prefer allo & esto. My very first criteria is to like the mob. Can't really stand ambu or troxes for instance. Kerberos I am close to finishing the iron mission, but only because I decided so, otherwise I don't like them. Liking them is a mix of looks, animation, loots, regen. I like alot fungoids and oculus for instance, but lately didn't want to sink peds in building setup for them, being specialized mobs.

Setup of choice is rascal low plated and weapon max 50dps. Sometimes I fall in long spells of using MF or melee so I always have some UL chip and some UL melee. E.g. now I have lacerating 6 and philosopher so I would choose starting from this.

Runs I like to do as big as possible. 800ish, depends also on time. Portable tt and repair helps alot.

But then I can mine for months without being interested in any mob :) Whatever I feel like :)

mob in the iron mission I'm working on at the moment (typically work on 3 irons at a time so as to not get bored)

I choose the mob in the mission I would like to finish for the reward I want. There is not much I can't kill with the skills and gear I have now, so typically it can be just about any mob on Caly. I rarely venture off Caly because fuck space. I like attributes first starting with Stamina > Agility > whatever else gives those is on my radar until they are all done. I will typically take defense skill if they are available before anything else , evade and dodge next in line before anything. Now that I have maxed my laser pistol, I will focus on rewards that will help me max laser rifle, if those aren't available, anything that will help me get my pyro hit to 80 for intuition unlock since I am closest on that one. I used to do bonus daily mobs when I got them, but meh. Sometimes I hunt mobs for that certain drop that I would really like but never comes so not only did I waste a bunch of money grinding that mob, but now I have to pay someone else mu on top of it to get that item, I usually see the price they are asking and just say fuck it, I didn't need it that bad after all. People say Attributes don't matter, or skills don't matter, or its cheaper to just buy skills than do the missions where its 100% sure chance of loosing. Whatever. When I am not doing a mission I will probably pick the biggest mob I can possibly kill just for the challenge and to test my progress. If MA had a EP4 Mob I would probably shoot that too :laugh:

Auril

each run is about 1000ped.

lowest return was something like 92%

Just have a small love for them

On Calypso it's Atrox and Araneatrox

On Monria it's Shubs all day.

Using Nemesis + 8A SGA and Imp2870, I generally stick with large Atrox or Aurli... the occasional spider too. I'm an old timer so Atrox and spiders are the classics :laugh:

I think my entropialife reflects as such! I believe Aurli is by far my most hunted mob from when I was completing the missions, but haven't hit em in a while.

Auril, Osse, Korwill and scoria this mob i like to hunt.

Back