Why on earth did I go to Arkadia

sirchadwick

Provider
Society
Benevolence
Sylva Kyra Minor
After 5 successful mining runs and great hunting loot I decided I wanted a change of scenery from Calypso. After 200 peds in the hole I am convinced they should rename this planet NRF TTlandia.:eyecrazy:

Lost 1k in ug and another 1k top side , stoped mining for a while...

My returns had been so amazing on Calypso the past month I just figured it was the new norm and is it just me or are people selling aud's like crazy.

My returns had been so amazing on Calypso the past month I just figured it was the new norm and is it just me or are people selling aud's like crazy.

People sell AUDs all the time. There's a lot of people mining in UG, it is mostly over-farmed if you ask me.

Other than yesterday, I never really had problems with NRFs in the last 3 weeks.

After 5 successful mining runs and great hunting loot I decided I wanted a change of scenery from Calypso. After 200 peds in the hole I am convinced they should rename this planet NRF TTlandia.:eyecrazy:

A little shitty hr last few days for me too :)

Lost 1k in ug and another 1k top side , stoped mining for a while...

My guess is this loot 2.0 is being used as a quick money making scheme by that particular planet partner. Whose going to notice ark have rigged it to extract more peds from players? and they have the perfect scapegoat to blame it on i.e. loot 2.0

My guess is this loot 2.0 is being used as a quick money making scheme by that particular planet partner. Whose going to notice ark have rigged it to extract more peds from players? and they have the perfect scapegoat to blame it on i.e. loot 2.0

They don't have any control over the loot just as any other planet partner. Losing money into the system doesn't even go to the planet partner. Least have an understanding of how the system works before going into anti-Arkadia mode.

Had you stayed on Caly and your luck had taken a turn for the worse, you would have just assumed it was the usual 'what MA giveth, MA also taketh away'. After all, if loot was good all the time not only would MA go broke and the game collapse, but we would no longer recognise it as a good run, but consider it the norm.

So because your luck turned, as is absolutely usual in this game, you blame the change of planets.

or...consider this... did your luck change...
or did you mine exactly the same on Ark as on Caly ? Mining in a new are can present different challenges. Mining in Ark UG is more similar to FOMA or Hell than to any planetside mining. Please note I am not saying you did or did not realise the difference, simply asking if that was considered ?

I have had good luck and bad both hunting, mining and crafting on pretty much every planet, it is normal game mechanics, and most certainly not the fault of any planet partner since all loot pools are controlled by MA.
The PP has at most the ability to ask MA to look at any apparent imbalance and seek correction. Since 2.0 MA has been on summer vacation, so I guess even that is unlikely :(

My mining returns on Ark have been poor this month with poor HR and only 3 small globals and an equally small 155 ped HOF. Don't know if its just me going through a bad patch or more general, but just have to keep going, the bad patch will end sooner or later.

They don't have any control over the loot just as any other planet partner. Losing money into the system doesn't even go to the planet partner. Least have an understanding of how the system works before going into anti-Arkadia mode.

There is plenty of items or parameters a planet partner can control e.g. planet specific exact items in loot and their frequency. I think it's fairly logical that a planet partner has to have basic control of some things otherwise they cannot function.

The full extent of what they can and cannot control we obviously don't know. At least have a basic understanding of logic before you blindly keep promoting arkadia. Use your intellect and question things rather than always being a "slave" unless of course your vested interests are such that they don't allow for such freedom of thought or purpose.

It's not anti-arkadia mode to question purpose and motives. It's rational and possibly pro-arkadia as it may lead to a better planet partner and also increase our understanding. Blind "service" on other hand I don't think did anyone any good at least not that I can think of but I've been wrong before so maybe their is some purpose to blind "service" that I'm unaware of.

There is plenty of items or parameters a planet partner can control e.g. planet specific exact items in loot and their frequency. I think it's fairly logical that a planet partner has to have basic control of some things otherwise they cannot function.

The full extent of what they can and cannot control we obviously don't know. At least have a basic understanding of logic before you blindly keep promoting arkadia. Use your intellect and question things rather than always being a "slave" unless of course your vested interests are such that they don't allow for such freedom of thought or purpose.

It's not anti-arkadia mode to question purpose and motives. It's rational and possibly pro-arkadia as it may lead to a better planet partner and also increase our understanding. Blind "service" on other hand I don't think did anyone any good at least not that I can think of but I've been wrong before so maybe their is some purpose to blind "service" that I'm unaware of.

You say you and we don't know what a planet partner does or does not have control over...yet you go on to make assumptions, are you just guessing, or frankly promoting your own anti-arcadia agenda despite your protestations in regard to your motives?
MA has sole overall control over the loot pools as they have to be balanced across the universe not just each planet. There is a certain amount of leeway over when certain items are dropped on a planet which is in the control of the PP, so that a small reserve can be held for events etc. Which ofc makes sense and realistically is such a small percentage it really makes little difference to main loots, while making events more interesting (else what is the point).

Just the opposite for me - I decided to spend a few days in Ark and started throwing probes and was surprised not a single one of them came up empty. I think you luck turned and you just happened to be in Ark.

I have been trough these loot swings before , its normal to go up and down , not blaming anyone , my first tower was on ark , also my highest loots , its alot of fun also i like the aakas instances , but when u lose it sucks , i was just offering some solidarity with the op , its easier if u know ur not alone .
I am sure if u keep droping probes or keep hunting it will turn for the better , so no more theories and just keep at it ?

any time you change planets make sure to relog before doing anything.

you can have a 0.0% success rate crafting. zero find mining run. crap hunting.....

just relog.... make sure the game knows what planet and server you are on

Loot is dynamic. Also 200Ped is not a huge mining run. Was it amped? Have you mined Arkadia before? Certain miners do very well on Arkadia. Just like Calypso, there are bad spots and good spots.

Had you stayed on Caly and your luck had taken a turn for the worse, you would have just assumed it was the usual 'what MA giveth, MA also taketh away'. After all, if loot was good all the time not only would MA go broke and the game collapse, but we would no longer recognise it as a good run, but consider it the norm.

So because your luck turned, as is absolutely usual in this game, you blame the change of planets.

or...consider this... did your luck change...
or did you mine exactly the same on Ark as on Caly ? Mining in a new are can present different challenges. Mining in Ark UG is more similar to FOMA or Hell than to any planetside mining. Please note I am not saying you did or did not realise the difference, simply asking if that was considered ?

I have had good luck and bad both hunting, mining and crafting on pretty much every planet, it is normal game mechanics, and most certainly not the fault of any planet partner since all loot pools are controlled by MA.
The PP has at most the ability to ask MA to look at any apparent imbalance and seek correction. Since 2.0 MA has been on summer vacation, so I guess even that is unlikely :(
Im not blaming Arkadia for a bad run, I think you perceived my post as Ark bashing. Believe me when I say I love Arkadia, sometimes I wish I would have chosen as my starting planet. I just get the feeling that you have to have a huge ped cushion to survive the swings here. I have to personally thank you for buying some hides and paints several times to keep me going though. This is just not the case on Calypso, I can survive for long periods on just 200 ped a week, theres more traders, more pages in auction and more possibilities to turn over your loot and get back to playing. At the end of the day this is game to me not a business and if I cant play for a reasonable monthly fee then I should do something else. And actually my returns just keep getting more manageable on Caly. I have had periods, although short, of great returns on Ark. And then, ugh, periods of incredibly long horrible returns. My experience just did not seem as if it had changed much at all since my last visit. That was the point I was trying to make anyway but thanks for your input. Oh and I never mine UG. Not big on gambling.

Back