PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: What weapon would you suggest to a new player ?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ranged

40 63.49%
  • Melee

17 26.98%
  • Mind force chip

4 6.35%
  • Support

2 3.17%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until MA release more affordable mid range UL range weapons, I would suggest melee.
    Why ? Just wondering.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Elissia Eli Talor
    Images
    The mid range melee weapons have pretty reasonable mark ups to buy. Dagger a bit better than sword though. But if you're around the 50-60 mark with ranged weapons you're shelling out thousands for a UL. Or you can just use L for lyfe....

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    For a new player definately ranged, and lead him to the bukins rifle.
    Then the upgrade mission to Adjusted Bukins Rifle.

For further progress I would recomend a combination of ranged and melee, its very comfortable if you can shoot a mob half down befor it gets into melee range, and melee helps to build HP faster.

If you look at PvP especially landgrab, you will see that many of those participating in landgrabs use combinations of ranged, melee and mindforce.

Sometimes watching a youtube video or a livestream from UBERs, then you can see what I mean.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    For a new player definately ranged, and lead him to the bukins rifle.
    Then the upgrade mission to Adjusted Bukins Rifle.

For further progress I would recomend a combination of ranged and melee, its very comfortable if you can shoot a mob half down befor it gets into melee range, and melee helps to build HP faster.

If you look at PvP especially landgrab, you will see that many of those participating in landgrabs use combinations of ranged, melee and mindforce.

Sometimes watching a youtube video or a livestream from UBERs, then you can see what I mean.
    The only thing I have with using mixed weapons is it cuts down on leveling up on your chosen professional goal like 100 laser damage and 100 laser sniper hit. After reaching your goal even if it is not lvl 100 then I think the mix if fine
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Alex Solo Solo
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    when i hunted more active on the low levels i had success with the formula:

hp of the creature / effective damage of the weapons = not more than 10-15 attacks to kill the target

choose the weapon with the highest damage per pec possible for its category (rifle, pistols, long short, etc)

if the weapon is ampable do that. use the biggest and most eco amp the weapon can handle to boost damage per pec.

i dont know about loot 2.0 though as i sold all my weapons and dont have enough time atm to go shopping and spend much time in eu.

if i would start now i prolly use my formula from above and use the weapon which matches the criteria highest dpp , eco rating and able to kill the usual low level mobs within 10-15 shots.

1.use melee until martial arts unlocked
    2.use laser guns (rifle or pistol dont matter) and hunt for MU (usual roi back in the days was 115-125% after mu - would need a summer 2017 check to determine whats best to hunt as i dont know that atm)
    3.count peds spend vs loot incl. mu after every session to keep your roi in sight.
    4.dont waste time with swunt but kill kill kill.
    5.dont hunt low level with under 5k ped on your card as you need to collect loot and repair your equipment until you can sell good stacks of loot at once.
    6.check if my writings here are correct. loot 2.0 is unknown for me so maybe stop in between and adjust to your gained experience as a player behind the keyboard. from what i gathered in form of theoretical knowledge about 2.0 mindarks information about the type of loot you can get should be helpful as an indicator if you are on an eco path or not.
    7.if you dont know how to do the calculations i described here then better think of sweating or trading or other activity in eu as it will be difficult for you if you cant do this basic math. you need a real life teacher then and not help inside eu as it can get financial dangerous for you to click blindly around. this is no offense but the truth. maybe the best advise ever posted on the forum.

greets,

Ranged, I think the ADJ ML35 is the best weapon you can purchase for below 20k. Plus, you can use that weapon, and kill plenty of mobs without needing to invest in armor or a fap. Support is the only profession I would advise against due to the ammo %. That said, now we seem to be in a cost to kill loot system, I doubt it matters what weapon profession you pick, unless you have plans to become an elite level players where the majority of UL weapons are ranged.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Slinkii Butterknife Thundersauce
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    I started using MF early on due to the "cool" factor. And now even with new chips, amps and implants I still feel like i'm gimped compared to players of similar skill level.

Now I just stick with it out of stubbornness.
    Last edited by Butterknife; 08-08-2017 at 00:05. Reason: grammar

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrax View Post
    Yeah, three of these 4 categories are 'ranged' damage. I didn't vote.

Laser and BLP (assuming this is what you mean with the ranged option) have their different strengths and weaknesses vs one another as well. I always talk to someone for a bit about what they like/plan to do in game before i would recommend gear. Sniper/pistol is an important choice too.

For those unsure or whose highest priority is long term cost laser sniper is the safest recommendation IMO since it's the most common/popular and so will be easiest to find, offer the most variety of configuration options, and most of all likely to continue offering the more affordable range of gear in game at equivalent DPP/DPS.
    Melee weapons have range too, sometimes as much as 15 meters
    .... just one man's opinion

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Melee weapons have range too, sometimes as much as 15 meters
    RU talking about whips ? That is the only one I can think of off hand.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
    Not sure what you mean as far as I know those four were the only categories available unless you know of more.
    Hmm revisiting this, sorry I worded that poorly.

The use of the term ranged gets me because it technically describe every non-melee weapon in the game but that's just being silly don't stress it.

The auction category breakdown isn't enough to make recommendations really.

Since the Ranged category really covers 6 professions, each with pros and cons.

Likewise mindforce but it's three professions with 6 different categories of weaponry.

et cetera ...

For a new player I would probably give more specific advice like laser sniper with some reasons.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast