Info: Calypso Explorer Map (Continued)

The map was originally mine, I created the first version and maintained it for a while before giving the sources to Darkaruki.

I honestly don't have much free time after work and all, which is why I gave him the sources openly and with no conditions attached. I wouldn't mind updating the map a bit, the problem is I don't think he ever shared the updated sources with anyone.

If this isn't the case and someone has the sources for the last version send them to me and I'll see what I can do ;)

Cheers.

I would certanly help in any way I can with updating things - How difficult would it be to update your origional one Angel with the latest data?

I love Fireworks - and have downloaded the Origional map from O2 - shall work towards getting it updated to where the latest PDF was. And can work the updates from there.

Quick question though - where do you get the map tiles from - to start adding in the islands etc heading west to Amathera? are they available in the game files soemwhere? Or you have to pull them out of screenshots from ingame?

I hope this doesn't come across as thread-jacking, but I was inspired by the above map and I decided to try and modernize it and make it interactive (the map can be found at www.CalypsoMap.com).

The original post for the map (and it's current update and feature progress) can be found by clicking here.

I would like to continue to develop this map, but I would need some help with regards to confirming survival routes and other useful info/things I've missed - so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. :)

Love your map Larry!!!

How do we go about combining the Mob areas onto it?

I hope this doesn't come across as thread-jacking, but I was inspired by the above map and I decided to try and modernize it and make it interactive (the map can be found at www.CalypsoMap.com).

The original post for the map (and it's current update and feature progress) can be found by clicking here.

I would like to continue to develop this map, but I would need some help with regards to confirming survival routes and other useful info/things I've missed - so any help would be appreciated.

I looked at the map and it looks pretty darn good to me. Just wondering if you used the info EW(EP) as I found sometimes their info is a a bit off. Hopefully you can get input from the players as to their experiences and pass that along to you. I will for sure, although at present I am only hunting one area

Love your map Larry!!!

How do we go about combining the Mob areas onto it?

Hi safara,

I've already added a lot of mob areas via the selection menu on the left of the map, although I've done it through markers rather than 'areas' as it is much easier to implement and change when I need to.

It seems that most people are happy with knowing roughly where the mobs are, so I'm hoping it's good enough. :)

I looked at the map and it looks pretty darn good to me. Just wondering if you used the info EW(EP) as I found sometimes their info is a a bit off. Hopefully you can get input from the players as to their experiences and pass that along to you. I will for sure, although at present I am only hunting one area

Hi CozMoDan

I appreciate the comment! :)

I've been pulling information from all over the place. Some from old maps (like in this thread), some from in-game 'scouting' missions (you may have noticed that all the mob pictures on the map are recent pics ;) ), some from mob location lists etc.

I've been trying to get it as accurate as possible, but no doubt there will be a few errors and missing details etc - but hopefully if there are some these can be found corrected.

The more feedback the better. Either way, I'll keep working on it - just takes time. :)

I would love to see the advantages of all maps to be combined in one system.

- mob maturity
- spawn density
- terrain quality (flat plain - mountainious)
-- (only the combination of them allows me to decide, if the spawn is worth visiting)
- single mob type
- all mob types for a general overview -> to see if the wanted spawn type is polluted with other annoying mobs
- Teleporters
- revival points
- revival borders
- server borders
- search function
- /wp [Calypso, X, Y, Z, Spawn Name] waypoint marker for easy copy and paste into the game
- open source
- based at entropiawiki.com to outlast initiator activity (several promising map projects died due to initiator inactivity)
- etc.

Last edited:

Thank you Larry, did not know there was another map project! :) To my mind, we could use the maps for different purposes and its like a matter of taste what to use when, maybe. And thank you Darkaruki, too!

Mindark should implement this map ingame! This glossy Crysis engine Universe has perhaps the oldest map in MMO history - straight from PE days!

MA also need to improve the p2p-TRADE window as well. It's also from PE days. So tiny. Cannot even count items traded!

Mindark should implement this map ingame! This glossy Crysis engine Universe has perhaps the oldest map in MMO history - straight from PE days!

MA also need to improve the p2p-TRADE window as well. It's also from PE days. So tiny. Cannot even count items traded!

As for me, more interesting maps, cool locations - so the game will be more interesting. Unfortunately, not all game developers use this opportunity, and the players both ran on the same maps and run. And then the developers do not understand why the online falls.

As this was originally my project (my map) and OP was banned long ago I have opened a new thread so I can continue to update mob locations and spawn info. If a moderator wants to consider swapping the sticky threads I leave that to them.

New thread: Calypso Explorer Creature Map

I'll try to integrate the updates reflected in this thread as my work schedule allows (the reason for this is in the new thread).

As a bonus, here is another one of my maps: New Treasure Island Creature Map

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back