PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Probably only so much the new govt can do, but I suppose it won't hurt for us to give you guys some ideas...

A few things that come to mind...

- Need more tameable mob, and more areas where they are more spread out. Pantha ridge is ok, but the radar turns in to a pretty big sea of red there near the tp. Most other planets have tameable locations that have the spawn a little less dense, and also have more than one type of mob to tame. (remember some of us are skilling up using weapons like the old viper whips that just do 2.5 damage on average per hit, using low level armor, etc. Kinda rough if you get 5+ mob on you in no time flat...)

- One thing that I think that RT does that a lot of other planets don't is high health, low damage mobs. That's an ok effort, but it kinda makes leveling a bit of a pain in the a$$ since it means fewer kills on the way up as you are grinding away. There also seems to be a big jump up from low level stuff to super high level stuff... not a lot of really mid level stuff, and what few things that there are are easily missed on first glance since the planet was shrunk down in size, making it seemed crammed in together.

- Secret Island is pretty cool, and all, but for the longest time I think there was some tp up right next to noobs noobs noobs to it that actually didn't work since you have to go there via the dragon down by CND... Little things like that are all around the planet... hints at the old locations on and missions that no longer exist, were moved, etc.

kinda similarly, some old maps on some of the wikis (yes there's more than entropiwiki out there) still show the old map pre-server shrink down... making it a bit confusing. The consolidated list here in the forums is helpful, but just one tiny thread like that that actually gives any useful info is kind of hard for folks to find who are just starting out, etc.

More general info on a lot of things all over would be helpful. There's a lot not documented, increasing the learning curve for anyone wanting to stay on RT for any extended period of time.

Repeatable daily cop missions, etc. is nice, but finding the exact coordinates to start them daily isn't exactly easy. Some have suggested in the past that the start for those be assigned to one of the cop npcs or some centralized place, like assign one of the buildings to be the police station and throw the missions in to a terminal or npc there... little ideas like that could make it easier to survive there. (Kinda similarly, those dailies are a pain in the a$$ since mob down there is so mixed... I guess that's supposed to be the challenge, making you a bit of a detective, but anything that makes a daily mission harder, or any mission 'harder for the player to do', just seems to be silly stupid in keeping players around long term. I'm not saying everything should be super stupid simple, there is something nice in a bit of a challenge, but when it becomes difficult to accomplish simply for technical reasons like trying to find the exact coordinates to start a mission, etc. not being able to find the quest broker, having junk like s secret island tp that doesn't actually work, non-functional npcs that don't give you any message unless you are their specific quest, instance entrances that don't really explain why there are there to a new player who has no idea, crappy stats on crafted weapons and item blueprints that drop, etc. makes it a little 'less fun', more tedious, and gives players a reason to haul a$$ to another planet instead of sticking around)

Zomhatten is fun but all the kongs and radiated spiders make it annoying at times
    Last edited by mastermesh; 10-10-2017 at 16:56.

Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/s...arguments.html

What is it with you and your crusade?
    yeah sorry i just dont like donald trump. thats all.

Amber Blastie Knightley
    Society
    Sons of Anarchy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    My suggestion would be to have a working economy i.e. an economy that is well thought out and makes sense for lower, mid and high level players. Where everything has a purpose e.g. no point in having pixie parts drop on every mob when there is little use for pixie on rocktropia and devalues pixie.

This should be a priority over everything including bug fixes imho because without a working economy you cant really expect anyone to play on rocktropia. It makes no sense.
    I'm sorry mate but I don't agree with you here, my personal opinion is that annoying/irritating bugs should be prioritised. Activity is key when it comes to having an improved economy. Obviously there should be dedicated things done in order to help the economy as well which we do work on.

It would be nice if you would come with some examples of what you think should be done more than just saying what should not be done. However I do agree with you that dropping "universal" items in the loot never really helped except for some of the more rare items.

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Probably only so much the new govt can do, but I suppose it won't hurt for us to give you guys some ideas...

A few things that come to mind...

- Need more tameable mob, and more areas where they are more spread out. Pantha ridge is ok, but the radar turns in to a pretty big sea of red there near the tp. Most other planets have tameable locations that have the spawn a little less dense, and also have more than one type of mob to tame. (remember some of us are skilling up using weapons like the old viper whips that just do 2.5 damage on average per hit, using low level armor, etc. Kinda rough if you get 5+ mob on you in no time flat...)
    Agreed! This is currently not feasible since most of the RT tameables on RT require you to kill a specific mob in order to spawn them.

- One thing that I think that RT does that a lot of other planets don't is high health, low damage mobs. That's an ok effort, but it kinda makes leveling a bit of a pain in the a$$ since it means fewer kills on the way up as you are grinding away. There also seems to be a big jump up from low level stuff to super high level stuff... not a lot of really mid level stuff, and what few things that there are are easily missed on first glance since the planet was shrunk down in size, making it seemed crammed in together.
    Spot on, this was always my feeling as well when it came to RT. At some point I had a hard time to progress. These days I think it is much better balanced though. But still something to review, personally I need to diversify and explore a bit and not just hunt my usual prey to get up to speed.

- Secret Island is pretty cool, and all, but for the longest time I think there was some tp up right next to noobs noobs noobs to it that actually didn't work since you have to go there via the dragon down by CND... Little things like that are all around the planet... hints at the old locations on and missions that no longer exist, were moved, etc.
    Afaik this broken TP doesn't exist anymore. At least I've not seen the blue dot on the radar when passing by in the area... If it does exist we should put it on Fyrs list of bugs.
    Speaking of old things, personally I'd like to open up the tunnel/cave passage at CND lagoon that was filled up at some point. This is part of one of the trails in the "noob" mission "road to war", so it makes no sense why it was filled up, it was also a nice path out to hunting areas that we used to take.

kinda similarly, some old maps on some of the wikis (yes there's more than entropiwiki out there) still show the old map pre-server shrink down... making it a bit confusing. The consolidated list here in the forums is helpful, but just one tiny thread like that that actually gives any useful info is kind of hard for folks to find who are just starting out, etc.

More general info on a lot of things all over would be helpful. There's a lot not documented, increasing the learning curve for anyone wanting to stay on RT for any extended period of time.
    I totally agree that more info is needed, however I'm not aware of any outdated maps. At least all of them should be of the shrunken version! Please do point me in the direction where old stuff might exist.
    Entropiawiki (Entropedia) & EntropiaPlanets are the only ones I will personally prioritise, any other I'm also not aware of...

Repeatable daily cop missions, etc. is nice, but finding the exact coordinates to start them daily isn't exactly easy. Some have suggested in the past that the start for those be assigned to one of the cop npcs or some centralized place, like assign one of the buildings to be the police station and throw the missions in to a terminal or npc there... little ideas like that could make it easier to survive there. (Kinda similarly, those dailies are a pain in the a$$ since mob down there is so mixed... I guess that's supposed to be the challenge, making you a bit of a detective, but anything that makes a daily mission harder, or any mission 'harder for the player to do', just seems to be silly stupid in keeping players around long term. I'm not saying everything should be super stupid simple, there is something nice in a bit of a challenge, but when it becomes difficult to accomplish simply for technical reasons like trying to find the exact coordinates to start a mission, etc.
    Awesome idea!! Will for sure make something out of this! Always wanted to see it improved but never had this idea with a "police station".
    One thing I have on my agenda is to make a "iron mission" NPC, that has been requested for a long time. I think it is important since RT is more of a temporary visit for most participants and then you want quick access and might not care about story line.

Zomhatten is fun but all the kongs and radiated spiders make it annoying at times
    Personally I thought the radiated spiders where only in more or less isolated areas, guess I'll have to explore Zoomhattan more in detail again... But I've hard time to see that you can properly back this statement up.
    Zombie Kongs being spawned in excessive amounts for event near the Empire State building does not count

Anyway, thanks a lot for the extensive feedback!

P.S. A new version of the forum has launched, everyone is welcome to come there to join our effort to improve RT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    Simply put, if it happens in a pvp area I couldn't care less.

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Me Really Never View Post
    yeah sorry i just dont like donald trump. thats all.
    ND is on the other end of just about any conceivable spectrum. Also, Trump can spell.
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kib Fullon Surya
    Society
    Freelancer

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Thaddeus Rusty Venture
    Society
    Death Lords
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya View Post
    I used that to record this, then used a shitty editor to remove when I relogged and showed my email.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Was there ever any more meetings, etc. after this? I seem to recall a forum that Rocktropia had for the government, but they changed forum 2 or 3 times, so no idea if any of it's still going on, etc.?

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    bigdaddy longhairedlover trim
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Was there ever any more meetings, etc. after this? I seem to recall a forum that Rocktropia had for the government, but they changed forum 2 or 3 times, so no idea if any of it's still going on, etc.?
    No forum, no gov, no dev team, no ND.

9. 12-05-2019, 17:43
    Reason
    2.9 - Excessive Complaining, 3.2 - Off Topic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2