All these posts about lag

Message I received from support:

2017-10-30 13:02 You wrote:

With all the lag that I'm currently experiencing, I'm looking at using a service such as pingzapper or wtfast. Is this OK to use?

Thanks,
Norian
2017-10-30 13:20 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Norian,

Thank you for contacting us, please accept any inconvenience this might have caused you.

We do not promote using of third party services, so our answer to your question is no.

A common misconception among Entropia Universes player base is that lag and delay issues are easy to solve.

Measures to improve the lag and delay has already been made.

We do however see that the changes didn't give the desired effects, and we are now working extremely hard to fix it even more.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Jeff | Entropia Universe Support

Interesting thanks for posting

Thank you for contacting us, please accept any inconvenience this might have caused you.

There you have it. You got to accept any inconvenience.

Sorry couldn't resist :D

I'm from Malaysia and have dynamic IP. This means each time i disconnect/connect from my ISP, i will be given a different IP. Based on my experience:

IP RANGE 210.XXX.XXX.XXX = Every 10 secs my game will freeze. Autoshoot will freeze for 1-2 secs.
IP RANGE 175.XXX.XXX.XXX = Perfect game. No lag at all.

I believe each IP range has a different route to the server and the route dictates the lag.

Just an observation from a non IT guy.

My suggestion if you experience lag is to first determine whether u have fixed or dynamic ip.

If it is dynamic ip, login to your router, disconnect/connect to find a different IP range. Test if EU lags.

If it is fixed ip, use VPN proxy to change the route. most allow you to test it free for 10/30mins.

Another trick is to do mobile hotspot and test whether it still lags. Your mobile and ISP should have different IP ranges, hence should take different routes to EU server.

Helpful links:

Access Router: https://www.pcmag.com/article/346184/how-to-access-your-wi-fi-routers-settings

Proxy: http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/use-proxy-server.htm

Note on Proxy: Different geographical location has different proxy provider. Getting a free proxy is tough. Just google "Gaming Proxy" and you should be able to see the active paid proxy in your geographical location. Typically paid proxy have their own app to make it user friendly to do the settings. Download their "apps" and test first before paying anything.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
If you look at the 1st page in this thread (most obvious there) one guy states he does not have any lag and others are instantly jumping on him screaming How can you say you have no lag! I have lag! There's other people who also have lag!! Therefore, you are wrong!!!

What amazes me is the sheer stupidity of this. What happens inside those person's brains I wonder?
Obviously there's a conflict - my experience is different than his experience. I wish I could solve the conflict, find some explanation but... can't find any.

What's the next logical thing to do in this situation? Accept that there's not enough info, you're not qualified or simply not smart enough to solve the problem on your own (or all the above).
What most people are doing instead? Jump on the guy who has a different experience, call him a liar, or assume he's trying to call you are a liar... (both absolutely hilarious conclusions! :laugh:).

When did we come down from the trees? Can't be millions of years ago. After reading this I can swear it was only yesterday...

Reactions: San
i had pingtimes up to 3 seconds yesterday (from austria), so i thought i'll give protonVPN a try. sometimes i still get some faileds in a row, maybe because proton was made for privacy rather than gaming, but the item-switch-lag is completly gone (connected to netherlands).

tested a bit further today, 70ms ping and item-switch-lag without - 50ms ping and alot less switch-lag again with VPN

maybe it's a routing problem :dunce:

Back