R.I.P. to PvP

I dunno, Karl is still a beast at it. :silly2:

tell MA to take pyrite out of ashi rig = problem solved.

tell MA to take pyrite out of ashi rig = problem solved.

Giving the pvp4 valuable resources is one thing. Improving the actual pvp experience is another.

Putting pyrite in there just forces players into pvp. What imo has to be done is proper balancing so players WANT to seek the challenge of pvp as the mayor reason to go in a pvp zone with the resource as a reward on top. No matter if contaminated or regular. Else you end up with the same boring experience as before where in red zones everyone is running away and in yellow zones no one cares.

For many ppl pvp was only one thing to keep play as i know, keep skilling and buy good gear, no much fun to repeat othrer things day after day without any tournament.

For many ppl pvp was only one thing to keep play as i know, keep skilling and buy good gear, no much fun to repeat othrer things day after day without any tournament.

I mean land grabs are still a thing ya know....

Mayhems....

Giving the pvp4 valuable resources is one thing. Improving the actual pvp experience is another.

Putting pyrite in there just forces players into pvp. What imo has to be done is proper balancing so players WANT to seek the challenge of pvp as the mayor reason to go in a pvp zone with the resource as a reward on top. No matter if contaminated or regular. Else you end up with the same boring experience as before where in red zones everyone is running away and in yellow zones no one cares.

Isn't the point of pvp to shoot and loot other players? Maybe I'm missing something. OP didn't specify why he thought pvp was dead, but my guess is that no one bothers mining there anymore because you can get pyrite outside of lootable pvp, and a lot of it.

MA clearly wants it that way so you get cheap enhancers and more enhancer use by the players, so I don't expect drop rates to be tweaked at all... pvp4 is indeed dead.

I mean land grabs are still a thing ya know....

Mayhems....

If there was a fight at each LG event you would never recoup the ~250 ped/player to fight for the hour+. It's kind of a messed up system all in all. The tax structure also fucks up your society in general but that's another story.

Isn't the point of pvp to shoot and loot other players? Maybe I'm missing something. OP didn't specify why he thought pvp was dead, but my guess is that no one bothers mining there anymore because you can get pyrite outside of lootable pvp, and a lot of it.

MA clearly wants it that way so you get cheap enhancers and more enhancer use by the players, so I don't expect drop rates to be tweaked at all... pvp4 is indeed dead.

MA probably does want it this way to entice players to enhance, but even at 300-350% enhancing is not cheap and I don't think the mu from enhancers is recouped in loot. And yes that is what was meant that nobody goes into pvp4 anymore because you have better overall mu at the rig. I killed someone at the rig that was mining with one shot for 106.6 then he pmed me and said he hoped I would die of a heart attack... lol that's what pvp has become in this game. I told him hopefully pyrite goes back to only pvp4.

The proper thing to do would be to re-balance the ores so you get better overall mu in pvp4 to compensate for the risk of toxic shot/being looted. Currently PvP4 is maybe 94% lyst and 5% pyrite 1% misc where I guess lyst was added since it takes a long time to drill so makes you a target to pkers for longer. The rig supposedly has similar amounts of pyrite and the rest of the ores have better markup overall. Making it pointless to even attempt pvp4 mining. It really should be the opposite way around with no lyst.

MindArk could easly do something for pvp or LG.

Example

1) add mission to kill x amount persons as a daily/weekly mission With mission tokens. (only Counts for lootable where u buy 5.1tt of antishot)

2) make LG more frequent (weekly?) With several "claims" so that more socs or teams can take Control. Those claims gives u a buff of speed, hp, crit chance or what ever else Depends on the claim taken, lasting for the duration untill next LG is up . The heart of the claim gets buff + the LA it self while others gets only some buffs.
This can be a Nice move to help others get motivated.

3) make the mobs that LA provides unique With unique drops that is wanted for crafting or something

My 3 pecs :rolleyes:

If there was a fight at each LG event you would never recoup the ~250 ped/player to fight for the hour+. It's kind of a messed up system all in all. The tax structure also fucks up your society in general but that's another story.

i dont often agree but its what he said
ppl get greedy as fuck for pocket change and in the end is loss is just ego measure, which is what pvp is all about in EU, been for long, and unless some drastic changes, will still be

Example

1) add mission to kill x amount persons as a daily/weekly mission With mission tokens. (only Counts for lootable where u buy 5.1tt of antishot)

2) make LG more frequent (weekly?) With several "claims" so that more socs or teams can take Control. Those claims gives u a buff of speed, hp, crit chance or what ever else Depends on the claim taken, lasting for the duration untill next LG is up . The heart of the claim gets buff + the LA it self while others gets only some buffs.

3) make the mobs that LA provides unique With unique drops that is wanted for crafting or something

Nah, no point to fight at LG since there is alot of cheating players, and this is known fact, we seen proofs on yotube videos, and MA didnt change anything for years, i remember one update, when your soc lost all lands piece by piece, but i still respect some of them who were really addicted with pvp and was a big fun to spend time agaisnt them.

To MA if they read, regular pvp events auto formed teams special servers dedicated, like in mount and blade for example, could work, people spend hours to have fun, with some minimal expenses, cant go wrong in my opinion. Special gear to buy in there with very low amount of peds or pecs just in there, only the players experience and skills to matter. I believe could work.:wtg:. Like a training too for future oficial big pvp events with prizes or something like that, like counter or tones of other games, could be a realy succesfull way of spending time for a big part of players and a big plus for fun. Ofc with some litle taxes, not much though.

Last edited:
To MA if they read, regular pvp events auto formed teams special servers dedicated, like in mount and blade for example, could work, people spend hours to have fun, with some minimal expenses, cant go wrong in my opinion. Special gear to buy in there with very low amount of peds or pecs just in there, only the players experience and skills to matter. I believe could work.:wtg:. Like a training too for future oficial big pvp events with prizes or something like that, like counter or tones of other games, could be a realy succesfull way of spending time for a big part of players and a big plus for fun. Ofc with some litle taxes, not much though.

You have described Cyrene's Hub - which would be a far greater & persistent success on Cally...

Example

I like that idea Rocky , hope you stream some pvp soon :)

Make Landgrab 10% decay and maybe it will be worth fighting for again?:eureka::grouphug::handgun::twocents::tiphat:

Back