we need Clarification on Resource Distribution

Me Really Never

Stalker
Banned
As hunting got lots of mechanics explained in loot 2.0 i would love to see at least a tiny bit clarification on things regarding mining. especially resource distribtuion. ill explain what i mean:

when im mining on ark i got a few spots that i like to go. theres one area for example where ive dropped around 3k drops and found about 6 or 7 lyst claims in all those 3k drops. then suddenly as if someone switched the resource distribution completely off the area ONLY (100% only) gives lyst claims. and im talking about a raise from 7 claims per 3k drops to 25 claims of lyst in a row on 100 drops.
i have only witnesses this thing myself with lyst (ore) and only on ark. i heard from rocket that this happened to him on caly as well. i have never (!!) seen this phenomenon on RT or toulan. where ive dropped a lot more drops in a lot shorter time frame. my last run for example there the area set to lyst only after 50 drops.

so MA. how about some clarification on this bullshit? is this a bug? is this intended? and why? cos with shit like this happening mining on caly or ark is pointless for me if i need to change areas as soon as i hit lyst.

and before people say that this might be a sign that there just has been another miner in that area: ive mined the same small area on RT with 3 other miners for hours on the same spot. this never happened to me there.

Last edited:
And this are called server 7
Its why price gazz increase....

And its more common as you think
on Entropia page and platform

"Mindark keep monitoring resourcer distribution acrosss planets to make health and dynamic and forget rest" but its there and dont need explain

I wish more about skills(yes i on skill scholl and keep leveling like crazy) and finder effy(if exist)

Good news.

Perhaps they (I mean Ark) will be forced to do away with those silly server-wide spawns and make a real mineral map. One can wish. :laugh:

Each server has some amount of high-markup resourses, after miners extract all, zone spawns only low-mu resources(lyst or something else) until high mu resources spawns again.
That happened on caly, expecially when many miners mines at same zone (pemphedo Island as example)

Each server has some amount of high-markup resourses, after miners extract all, zone spawns only low-mu resources(lyst or something else) until high mu resources spawns again.
That happened on caly, expecially when many miners mines at same zone (pemphedo Island as example)

yea but isnt it weird that this system is only intact on caly and ark and not on RT? i can mine the same 100 drop area day in day out and get the exact same resource distribution than before :-/

yea but isnt it weird that this system is only intact on caly and ark and not on RT? i can mine the same 100 drop area day in day out and get the exact same resource distribution than before :-/

Its the same on RT if you mine a certain area you will not always get same % of high mu back. For example if i mine for Ing with 100 drops some runs i will high chance of Ing where other its mainly zinc or lyst.

Its the same on RT if you mine a certain area you will not always get same % of high mu back. For example if i mine for Ing with 100 drops some runs i will high chance of Ing where other its mainly zinc or lyst.

well i have mined the same 150 drops area for 3 weeks now (5 to 10 hours a day) and 20% of my claims are quantium. always. so maybe that area is bugged or the other areas are bugged... but we do need clarification from MA about this issue.

well i have mined the same 150 drops area for 3 weeks now (5 to 10 hours a day) and 20% of my claims are quantium. always. so maybe that area is bugged or the other areas are bugged... but we do need clarification from MA about this issue.

Well it would be nice to get some idea how distribution works, same as skills and depth etc, but we all know what their answer will be. "it's dynamic", you get more sense out R4tt3xx and his spiral pattern mathematical theory, that completely baffles me.

It's an hourly thing...

Prevents massive amounts of profits really. MA wants it this way. You can only pull so much markup from a spot per hour. There's ways to get around this, like server hopping, but higher markup avg leads to lower TT returns in the short term. You only win when you hof in this case.

So get a fuck ton of bankroll and start server hopping fam

Happens on every planet, including RT too... May be a bit different on each planet, depending on what the loot table looks like on each though...

Passed many years since it is happens in game, before SGA i knew many places where i had 0 lyst claims for sure, but now lyst could be anywhere, the thing is MA never supported mining as other professions.

Well it would be nice to get some idea how distribution works, same as skills and depth etc, but we all know what their answer will be. "it's dynamic", you get more sense out R4tt3xx and his spiral pattern mathematical theory, that completely baffles me.

I am not going to explain something that is obsolete.

Back