Performance Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Performance Update[/h]
The MindArk development and engineering teams continue to work hard on improving the stability and performance of the Entropia Universe system and to resolve the recent lag issues. Several fixes and improvements have been implemented over the past week or so, and have helped to mitigate many of the issues experienced by participants. However, several performance issues persist and are related to deeper workings of the Entropia Universe platform and thus will take a bit longer to solve.

Our primary focus is to solve the remaining performance issues as soon as possible, resulting in other development projects being postponed and/or deprioritized. Another patch is scheduled for early next week, containing the most recent fixes and optimizations.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this ongoing process.

Originally Posted Here

Good news.I'm sure you will make it happen by the Eomon next year.
Take it easy don't rush.

Thanks MA!
much better lately and looking for more improvements.

[h=3]Performance Update[/h]
The MindArk development and engineering teams continue to work hard on improving the stability and performance of the Entropia Universe system and to resolve the recent lag issues. Several fixes and improvements have been implemented over the past week or so, and have helped to mitigate many of the issues experienced by participants. However, several performance issues persist and are related to deeper workings of the Entropia Universe platform and thus will take a bit longer to solve.

Our primary focus is to solve the remaining performance issues as soon as possible, resulting in other development projects being postponed and/or deprioritized. Another patch is scheduled for early next week, containing the most recent fixes and optimizations.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this ongoing process.

Originally Posted Here

Sadly this reads to me like this....We don't know when we will fix the problem, but one day we may fix it.

I've already been contemplating selling my gear like many others due to the lag and this does not give me anymore reassurance. The amount of time I have play in the past two months has slowly been dwindling away. The 4-5 second lag between switching items has killed my motivation to play, and has me questioning the true value of keeping my items...This really frustrates me

I've already been contemplating selling my gear like many others due to the lag and this does not give me anymore reassurance.
I found this post pretty encouraging so who is the problem in this equation? Fact is, this is a very complex problem. Could you fix it immediately? No? Then maybe be happy they are at least looking into it.

Bravo for the communication. Thanks for the update.

I found this post pretty encouraging so who is the problem in this equation? Fact is, this is a very complex problem. Could you fix it immediately? No? Then maybe be happy they are at least looking into it.

I am the customer and I dont care if its complex, it should just work :)
If it does not work, why use the service?

"You're either making money, or making excuses." -somebody

I find this encouraging too, and second what Madmartigan wrote.
Communication is king.

Every time I see this I have to laugh... Logic is lost on so many people. The threat with selling your gear is an empty one, since it is zero-sum to the company. You can only sell something if there is a buyer, and nobody buys something they don't believe has a future. The only way to really deprive the company is writing off whatever you spent on it and go on strike or just abandon the game. Who does this, really? See. Now come down from that high horse.

They are working on it and nothing else is expected. No huffing and puffing will help to speed it up. They are already suffering losses as long as problems persist because it is money you don't get to spend as fast as usual. Hence you are not suffering losses, you're saving some instead. Too funny how some can't deal with that.

Funny, that mindset is one of the biggest problems today, where people expect their products to be perfect 100% of the time. But we live in an imperfect world where nothing is perfect. So actually, not using something because it is not 100% perfect is irrational at best.

I'm sorry that I don't share your enthusiasm in regards to this post. Personally I have had no positive impacts from the MX/fix actions that they have performed/implemented. Then for MA to follow up their statement with "However, several performance issues persist and are related to deeper workings of the Entropia Universe platform and thus will take a bit longer to solve." ....this gives me the feeling that I will continue to have the performance issues that I'm faced with for an unforeseeable amount of time. I'm sorry but the 4-5 seconds to pull out my resto chip and then the 4-5 seconds to go back to my weapon or fap all while the mob continues to decay my shadow… It’s just not an enjoyable playing experience for me right now.

Now, by no means did I state or imply that I could "fix" the problem. I'm speaking from the standpoint of a consumer/customer and as an individual that simply loves Entropia.

Now, in regards to your last statement...I am heavily involved in the IT world and happen to work on a very large and complex network, so I really do understand shit happens and sometimes it can be hard to find the solution. Now, with that said if I had a network latency issue that impacted any of my customers that persisted for 2+months my head would be on a stick or I would simply be without a job. It's my job as a manager to ensure that we are delivering a reliable product to all of our customers. Simple as that...

I truly do hope that the issue will be resolved swiftly, however sadly my faith in MA has been chipped away after all these years.

Is anyone East of the Atlantic experiencing this lag issue?

I've experienced nothing out of the ordinary. It may be something MA cant rectify on their own.

I read that as "don't expect any space update, while we scratch our heads at a loss to the cause of the problem". Funny thing is, there has always been problems that need fixing. Lets just hope when "this" lag is fixed nothing else gets broken in the process. cough, cough,...SHOPS

I really appreciate the communication, I would love a weekly update if I had my dream come true.

However, I can't help but go to the negative here. Lag has been a problem in this game for long time and mostly over last 2 years (on and off of course) Remember they got "new servers" and did stress test in PA? Then all of a sudden lag is back again and worse? Remember "Lag o'clock" - there was a certain time of the day where it would lag bad for like 5-10 minutes, almost like a large server rest. You could set you watch by it.

I love the post about if they had a customer with bad service for 2 months they'd be fired.
Somehow that doesn't apply to this company. In my uneducated opinion, I think they have like 10 max people that work there so there really is no one to fire. And alas, we have heard sooooooooooooo many "we'll get to it soon" from Bertha it's disgusting.

GL everyone, hope it improves.

Sweeden problems you need pay top quality paycheck to get one employee only work 4h per day with shit degree about things because for real mindark you empolyers its worst i see in any industry

Every time I see this I have to laugh... Logic is lost on so many people. The threat with selling your gear is an empty one, since it is zero-sum to the company. You can only sell something if there is a buyer, and nobody buys something they don't believe has a future. The only way to really deprive the company is writing off whatever you spent on it and go on strike or just abandon the game. Who does this, really? See. Now come down from that high horse.

They are working on it and nothing else is expected. No huffing and puffing will help to speed it up. They are already suffering losses as long as problems persist because it is money you don't get to spend as fast as usual. Hence you are not suffering losses, you're saving some instead. Too funny how some can't deal with that.

Bob wants to go see a movie at his local cinema, but their playback suffers 4-5 second pauses every couple of minutes. Bob was going to complain, but he was told by another cinema go-er that there's no point complaining because the company will just lose money by him not watching the movie, and also, he's actually benefiting by not watching the movie because it saves him money!

Stupid Bob, Bob thinks, how could he not see this! Ho-ho-ho.

Bob wants to go see a movie at his local cinema, but their playback suffers 4-5 second pauses every couple of minutes. Bob was going to complain, but he was told by another cinema go-er that there's no point complaining because the company will just lose money by him not watching the movie, and also, he's actually benefiting by not watching the movie because it saves him money!

Stupid Bob, Bob thinks, how could he not see this! Ho-ho-ho.

Watching a movie is passive, requires no further input from you after buying your ticket. You're not going to buy another one, much less binge-watch as long as they keep disappointing like that.

Meh, people will never run out of excuses, even for defeating themselves.

For as long as I've been here (with some long breaks) I've never experienced what has happened over the last few months. As an avid "battle sim" player this has hurt me more than you know.

From my experience with a plethora of game developers MA is actually doing fairly well. At the very least they have acknoweledged this is an issue and are actively working to fix it. The problems I've been having even up to a week ago have been mitigated almost entirely; I hope their next wave of fixes will help the remaining players still experiencing that horrible lag issue we've had.

I'm no fanboy by any means, but you have to give credit where it's due. The scope of EU is more than any game I've ever seen and there is going to be some hiccups here and there.

Ive not experience any lag since halloween mayhem, is it just me?
I am located in sweden but the servers isnt located here, so that cant be the cause?

I'm a lot more concerned with the lack of any new game concept in 2017 or even an update to concepts that were introduced recently before (taming, compet integration, tree mining, gardening - and let's not forget things like decoy dispensing, scanning, the horrible state of next island, SPACE).

I don't count bs as it is literally BS. unplayable nonsense and not even a part of the game proper

I want to read a clear statement from MA stating they are still working on improving/expanding any of these game concepts. as I said in another thread: if you can't come up with ideas yourself, ma, players can help out with brainstorming concepts!

performance is secondary in my eyes to showing at least SOME will to keep the game up for the next 10 years at least! and that means actively developing it!

I'm a lot more concerned with the lack of any new game concept in 2017 or even an update to concepts that were introduced recently before (taming, compet integration, tree mining, gardening - and let's not forget things like decoy dispensing, scanning, the horrible state of next island, SPACE).

I don't count bs as it is literally BS. unplayable nonsense and not even a part of the game proper

I want to read a clear statement from MA stating they are still working on improving/expanding any of these game concepts. as I said in another thread: if you can't come up with ideas yourself, ma, players can help out with brainstorming concepts!

performance is secondary in my eyes to showing at least SOME will to keep the game up for the next 10 years at least! and that means actively developing it!

idk m8...I'd rather see them fix their current problems vs implementing new shit (which will most likely be broken).

You can try and make shit look pretty all day long, but in the end underneath it all...it's still shit.

Now, I'm not saying that EU is shit, in fact I love this game. They just need to fix some underline problems before adding new things that will ultimately make things more complex.

is that true?
they finally gonna fix the problems that came since Cry Engine 2?
Oh boy maybe its gonna be this time

performance.jpg

is that true?
they finally gonna fix the problems that came since Cry Engine 2?
Oh boy maybe its gonna be this time

These problems existed long before Cry Engine 2. If I had a dollar for every time lag became a big issue over the lifespan of this game, I wouldn't still be needing to search for my first elusive uber...I'd have the equivalent of an ATH in my pockets. :rolleyes:

Back