Merry Mayhem 2017 Preview

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
This year’s Merry Mayhem will introduce various new gameplay elements, rules, loot, as well as a new Mayhem Vendor where event participants can purchase exclusive Mayhem items.

Event Dates: December 15th to January 15th

Solo Mayhem
  • The Solo Mayhem event instances have been completely revamped, and can now be accessed globally from the Event List.
  • The Solo Mayhem event now features ten separate categories, each with its own prize pools.
  • Solo Mayhem performance is now time-based, and is measured by how quickly participants can kill a special boss creature located within the event instances.
  • The Solo Mayhem instances can be run as many times as desired during the event period. Participants may only have an active best time in one category at a time.
  • An average Solo Mayhem run should take 20-30 minutes. Occupied instances will remain active for up to 3 hours for normal hunting. Creatures will stop spawning once the instance boss is killed. Instances are reset upon exit or client closure.
  • Each Solo Mayhem category instance restricts entry based on the maximum (unbuffed) health of avatars (see detailed info below).
  • Each Solo Mayhem category instance restricts entry based on the damage-per-second of equipped items and prevents equipping items inside the instance using the same restriction (see detailed info below). This restriction is based on the base damage-per-second of an item, and does not include any amps, buffs or enhancers. Base DPS is calculated as follows: max damage * (attacks per minute / 60).

Solo Mayhem Categories
Category 1
Max Health: 120
Max Base DPS: 34

Category 2
Max Health: 130
Max Base DPS: 48

Category 3
Max Health: 160
Max Base DPS: 60

Category 4
Max Health: 175
Max Base DPS: 74

Category 5
Max Health: 190
Max Base DPS: 82

Category 6
Max Health: 220
Max Base DPS: 90

Category 7
Max Health: 260
Max Base DPS: 98

Category 8
Max Health: 300
Max Base DPS: 104

Category 9
Max Health: 340
Max Base DPS: 110

Category 10
Max Health: Unlimited
Max Base DPS: Unlimited

Mayhem Token Vendor
Prizes in Merry Mayhem are now awarded in the form of Mayhem Tokens, which can also be looted from event creatures in this and all future Mayhem-style events. These tokens can be exchanged for exclusive items via the Mayhem Token Vendor.

Mayhem Tokens can be accumulated to purchase more expensive items, allowing participants to make incremental progress toward their desired rewards over the course of several events.

Mayhem Tokens are non-tradeable, but the items available for purchase in the Mayhem Token Vendor are tradable. Note that certain Mayhem Token Vendor items may also require special Mayhem Placement Tokens, awarded as event prizes, in order to be purchased.

FFA Mayhem
FFA Mayhem (Free for All) instances and structure are the same as last year, where participants loot tradable FFA Mayhem Stars in one of five FFA Mayhem instances, with no time requirements or restrictions.

Loot
Each completed Solo Mayhem instance (killing the Solo Mayhem boss) is rewarded with one Christmas Strongbox, with a chance for up to 10 additional Christmas Strongboxes in loot.

All creatures in Solo and FFA Mayhem feature enhanced loot in the form of Mayhem Tokens, Christmas Strongboxes and looted-only Limited and Unlimited items!

Full details on Merry Mayhem 2017 to follow in the coming days.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
You missed the category :
Max Health: 93 (in which over 98% of people posting on PCF are)
Max Base DPS: 5
A large player base will be really pissed.
Anyway this looks good at first sight.

Sounds like fun, count me in.

I assume this will be the first ever event where you cant go team in soloinstance to remove all thoughts of potential cheat???

//Linzey

Just to be 100% sure, "max dps" and "max base dps" mean the theoretical max dps of the just the weapon, not the average dps of the weapon?

So a weapon with 60 reload and 60 max damage (just the weapon with no enh, amps, etc.) would be 60 "max base dps", yes?

+++++++++++ for now looks pretty good , let’s see even what items are you offering in the vendor .

PS : only on MM will be this system ? Or in ALL mayhem’s will be this implemented? Easter and Halloween

Melee gets shafted :(

too much hp not enough dps

Just to be 100% sure, "max dps" and "max base dps" mean the theoretical max dps of the just the weapon, not the average dps of the weapon?

So a weapon with 60 reload and 60 max damage (just the weapon with no enh, amps, etc.) would be 60 "max base dps", yes?

Its not "max base dps" its max "base dps"

How do we work out the max base dps?

Its not "max base dps" its max "base dps"

Well it says "max base dps" in each category, so not sure how you are differentiating. Would like to hear from a MA representative though to have official word.

Exactly. And now I see a very good advantage in having lots of FB

Higher tier weapons, suddenly more valuable me thinks ;)

And a cap on looted strongboxes too.

Good move.

How do we work out the max base dps?

gun does 30-60 dmg at 52 att/min

45 eff dmg
52 att

(52/60)*45 = dps

39 dps

suddenly everyone is going to learn you need math skills to play EU... lul

gun does 30-60 dmg at 52 att/min

45 eff dmg
52 att

(52/60)*45 = dps

39 dps

suddenly everyone is going to learn you need math skills to play EU... lul

MA has used max dps (not average dps) when referring to weapons many times in the past, so I would not assume.

Melee gets shafted :(

too much hp not enough dps

As a miner, I'm category 6 HP-wise and at best category 2 dps-wise. (tbh I've been a melee enthusiast, too)

Normally I'd make up for it by teaming, so I guess solo isn't for me.

Coooooooool!!

MA has used max dps (not average dps) when referring to weapons many times in the past, so I would not assume.

clarification is needed.... but i doubt they'll use the max dps.. would be sort of ridiculous really.. and not in their best interests.

yep..a confirmed dps-formula would be nice to hear....some would also add to the calculated 39 dps*0.92 (for the 8% evade rate)

...so if we all get different dps...which weapon would fit then on which formula?

Each Solo Mayhem category instance restricts entry based on the damage-per-second of equipped items and prevents equipping items inside the instance using the same restriction (see detailed info below). This restriction is based on the base damage-per-second of an item, and does not include any amps, buffs or enhancers.

well, how are we supposed to heal ourselves and what happen if the gun break?

well, how are we supposed to heal ourselves and what happen if the gun break?

the faps dont have restrictions..you can use all...

as for the gun...take a second equal one with ya (or with same rules of dps allowed)...lol

at first sight this actually looks good. now lower lvl instances dont have to worry about terminator/hl18 and other low lvl sib top dps guns.

So does this mean my lag problems will be fixed before MM? If so, yay. If not, I will miss another event so you can just fuck off.

well this looks like a good start but knowing MA i can see a few dicciculties here

first is that most likely the upper instances will drop more tokens per time spend
second is that the token vendor will have a few cool items with maybe 1-3 avilable in them that the upper instance player will have bought out after a few hours leaving no chance for lower level players to grind for the stuff they would like to purchase
i hope im wrong and this turns out to be good but we will see.

The edit of the OP says it is max dps, not average.

Base DPS is calculated as follows: max damage * (attacks per minute / 60).

if dps is caped , why also an hp cap?? so anyone with 400hp but dont own a terminator or a xtlc 1k t10 can just sit and watch?

if dps is caped , why also an hp cap?? so anyone with 400hp but dont own a terminator or a xtlc 1k t10 can just sit and watch?

yeah i'm not sure why they did this...

it especially fucks over miners who have tons of hp compared to combat levels.

yeah i'm not sure why they did this...

it especially fucks over miners who have tons of hp compared to combat levels.

Same for me as a hunter with an i2870 but I could rule cat1 with a lower dps gun

I'd rather blow my brains out than have to shoot in cat 1

But by capping dps - what's the point of an alt?

Back