Merry Mayhem 2017 Preview

I know that like every event, i will join in and trow my two shots. I dont even know my base dps, but let's say armatrix 80 for cat 7 seems a bit weak depending the mobs, if they take too long to kill i will get bored easily.. I don't understand the rules, but it seems there 's no time limit so shared avas will get an edge.
I am more reserved on the lootbox that you first need to loot then need to pay to open them. Sure it made me depo on halloween mayhem (gg MA:)) but if loot come only from strongbox i may just play something else. Seems the last sentence talk about lootable items in instance so it can be enjoyable while lootbox only to enhance that, but as i said i didn't understood rules :laugh:

I really appreciate the effort from MA for the organisation so a good point for that BUT as many people i have up a lot of skills (laser, blp, melee..etc) so i have 206hp and i'm far to can have any of the top weapon of cat 7, level wise. I was thinking np i will chip out some commando but even if i go in cat 6 it's still the same shit :laugh: So dunno the restriction dps/HP isn't the good formula (it gives more strong at ppl with lower skill just going for one type of weapon all along)

You need to find a more balanced way limitation before to start the event cause isn't good right now. People aren't gonna chip out tons of different skills to have right hp for right level there.

It's like you did effort to do something better for more people have a luck to win, but then you went fully retarted on the limitations points w/o to think at the details. And yep, it's frustrating when you do effort to have big HP for your level witch normally should be something good but then you get penalisate for it and loose against people with way less skill than you cause they have big advantage in your current formula limitation.

So to resume, you had a great idea but a very bad execution :scratch2:

Last edited:
So I have been lurking for a while and have bit my tongue until now.

The amount of people whining like little children over the categories in this event and the fact it drops boxes is absolutely absurd. You need to get your head out of your ass and actually think before you post.

Firstly the categories, for everyone complaining that they are a miner or crafter or whatever and therefore have too much hp for their hunting skills .... THIS IS A HUNTING EVENT!!!

I'm all for you complaining that MA don't do enough Crafting/Mining events but stop complaining that you as a miner cant be competitive with pure hunters in a hunting event.

Now .... Boxes .... Ive seen a couple people pipe up saying MU is dead or MA are screwing you over as you have to buy a $1 key to open the Strongbox you looted ..... THESE ARE NOT BOUND!!!

Why don't you catch up with the rest of the community and sell the boxes at a MU that you feel is fair. I for one am looking forward to this event greatly given that in FFA you will be able to loot Boxes (MU), FFA Stars (MU), Mayhem Tokens (Bound but can be used to purchase trade-able items therefore MU) and that's on top of the usual Mayhem FAP's, Amps etc that drop each year.

This years MM is from the limited view we have at the moment hands down the best design I have seen for these events that will allow the most participation from the hunting community from newbies to the ubers.

Firstly the categories, for everyone complaining that they are a miner or crafter or whatever and therefore have too much hp for their hunting skills .... THIS IS A HUNTING EVENT!!!

I'm all for you complaining that MA don't do enough Crafting/Mining events but stop complaining that you as a miner cant be competitive with pure hunters in a hunting event.

You cannot ignore the fact that it is not even fair for hunters that have very high skills in a lot of hunting professions. Even between hunting professions it is not even fair. Take melee for example, much more hp than a player with laser profession and therefore gets in a higher category and probably have much worse selection of base dps weapons than a hunter with laser profession.

Why should a hunting event punish those that try different profession? I am happy that they changed the rules this time and I get the base dps rule, but why the hp rule??

Why don't you catch up with the rest of the community and sell the boxes at a MU that you feel is fair. I for one am looking forward to this event greatly given that in FFA you will be able to loot Boxes (MU), FFA Stars (MU), Mayhem Tokens (Bound but can be used to purchase trade-able items therefore MU) and that's on top of the usual Mayhem FAP's, Amps etc that drop each year.

Well most of us complain because the premium loot is locked with a paywall and for what reason? Why cannot useful items like unl gear and amps be in ordinary loot as it used to? How fun is it to only loot shrapnel if you are against paying for lootboxes?

I get that you can earn markup by selling boxes, but most of us question that the awesome loot that once made the game fun is now not available for those that not want to pay extra for boxes.

Question

1. How to enter FFA, to be alone .... it sux 2 have KOS expecially on boss where KOSER is idle for all time and then takes boss down with most DPS, thus stealingif any MU in loot...(items)
2. what mobs and their lvl are for FFA, + if possible disclose DMG, plc

Resnis

It is fun guys,real fun :laugh: MA come up with something new and all what we can say is :
Oooo my goshhh, Im in cat 7 im fkt up big time,I got 200+ change hp but my dps is good for kerbs only wah wah wah not fair,I dont have a chance to win,Im not seting foot in that instance :mad:
Blah like u did have a chance before!
Right now we dont know a shit about how the event will go,to early for complains. We dont know what kinda mobs to expect (dmg and hp) we dont know how those tokens will drop,we know nothing. What we do know is rules about cats. about players hp and dmg and thank u MA for letting us know 2 weeks before the event! It is plenty of time to find weapon what suits u the best chip out a bit or in.Stop this shit storm, save your energy for latter when we will discover cat 7 is full with L70 mobs :laugh:
I wanna say good job MA (my soc mates know i never do) but I cant atm, must see how it looks when done,but really good project!
P.S.
Im fkt up big time too :laugh: with 224 hp and 93 dmg i dont stand a chance,but did i was in winner list before ?
Looking forward to MM event, will go in and try my best to loot as much boxes as possible.

Accounting

Question

Are Strongox Key decay accounted for planet they are used or Webshop (Question related to Magic accounting and investor relation, interested as CLD holder) as items (Boxes) would be looted on Caly! ?

Resnis

1. How to enter FFA, to be alone .... it sux 2 have KOS expecially on boss where KOSER is idle for all time and then takes boss down with most DPS, thus stealingif any MU in loot...(items)
2. what mobs and their lvl are for FFA, + if possible disclose DMG, plc

Resnis

More facts, less whining pls. IT wasnt like that last year, u can/could enter solo, in fact, u couldnt even be in same instance with random ppl (unless they were in your team)

This seems to be best MM yet for me WITHOUT even competing

thanks MA for creating an event where all can participate and ALL have a chance to win now!! :yay::yay:

Funny how each year everybody complained about the lack of categories.
And all previous attempts to create categories were abused by alts.

So now MA comes with a solution and still the whining goes on.

I guess all those 200+ HP hunters skilled up for nothing as apparently most still want to use an opalo in cat I. :scratch2:

I think this year I might even give it a try :rolleyes:

Next Question set for MM 2017

"Mayhem Tokens can be accumulated to purchase more expensive items, allowing participants to make incremental progress toward their desired rewards over the course of several events."

1. How long would MM item tokens Solo/FFA be carried toward next year and could be used Token trader NPC 2019/2020 (informstion on initial /guaranted time spawn plc/ (expiry date on MMToken 2017)? (or limited that player can use MM2017 tokens just in limited time period of Y2018 , and next year Token 2018 etc...)

2. Would MM item Trader NPC be available all Year or for limited time only?

3. If emptied ... would Items be replenshied in Trader NPC stock (UL items) or for next event?

Thanks for clarifications,
Resnis

HP requirements are too harsh. I have 245+ hp, but best l weapon i can use has 60ish dps. I never chipped in a whole lot of hp skills if any. In fact I chipped out commando a few times.

Those hp and dps requirements will make it so some non sib guns that are just at the right threshhold become the winning guns. Not at all opening the doors for all to be able to have a solo category to be able to compete as I believe seems to be intended. Probably an hp requirement for the first two categories or so is all thats required, to ensure categories for new players. Even then with the right armor 120 hp taking 1dmg is practically the same as 240 hp taking 1dmg or none at all?

Besides the new cats it just seems like a punishment for having too much skills. Invest in your avatar so you can be at a competitive disadvantage?

Last edited:
As a miner/crafter i don't like the HP max amounts. I would prefer it if they used profession level instead.

HP requirements are too harsh.

Maybe you actually mean the requirements are too lax, or rather, the weap requirements are too lax, thus allowing way better weaps in even as base than most players with that hp will have - before the tier factor and other factors come in.
You can't really (easily) change hp that much, apart from admittedly some chipping if you want up or down 1 category, so the avatars that can enter each lower cat is really nicely limited that way.

What we don't know - and maybe you are right in a sense too - is what strength the mobs will be in each cat and their regen speeds. Not trusting MA one bit, my guess is that there will be high regen, not to make it that players can't kill the mobs, but to get the loot quality factor working like mad in favour of people going in with good weaps for whatever category. The people you won't hear complaining will be the ones sucking up great loot quality.... but I could be wrong, of course, as this is just a consideration in my mind right now.

remember first MM style, peoples buyed skill for up in category , old old time :laugh:

If you're in UK tonite...don't miss it
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/deepto...token-offering-by-mindark-tickets-40880568882

"... Entropia Macrocosm ... deep tech ... denominated,,,,desideratum ...incipient... ameliorate...Macrocosm....ecosystem magnification...incipient...engenderments expeditious ....Macrocosm...immensely colossal...macrocosm"

seriously what the flying fuck

It's probably written by the same person who wrote Monria storyline. :laugh: One word ('incipient') even appears in both.

and not that there's much difference between rising of Cthulhu and 'blockchain revolution' - both are a matter of belief.

Interesting formula put together by the MA team, I can see that they are trying to make this years event more of an equal playing field for players of various levels, which should be applauded, although it looks to me that the hp and base dps on weapons players can effectively use is out of sync.

I cant quite get my head around, what impact HP has, or why it is used as a guide. I also cant understand why a base dps has been used.... surely that just means whoever has the deepest pockets in each category, to buy the highest dps weapons, has an increased chance. Surely a more effective formula of separating the categories could have been thought of.

After analysing the categories and requirements in the pre-release notes, and as an all-rounder, my HP puts me Cat 10, however my gun base dps is only going to be effective in Cat 7.

So taking into account that the Terminator will be passed around the same players again, as normal in Cat 10, there is no logical reason for me to participate in this years event.

Hopefully MA will eradicate the lag so that its clients can enjoy the experience without it costing them money as a result.

Having to buy keys for the boxes looted also doesn't sit easy with me, to me its exploiting the players, and is just another way of extracting cash from a limited base of clients.

Good luck to all the players that have a good hp and weapons balance to give them an effective chance in there categories.

Last edited:
Interesting formula put together by the MA team, I can see that they are trying to make this years event more of an equal playing field for players of various levels, which should be applauded, although it looks to me that the hp and base dps on weapons players can effectively use is out of sync.

I cant quite get my head around, what impact HP has, or why it is used as a guide. I also cant understand why a base dps has been used.... surely that just means whoever has the deepest pockets in each category, to buy the highest dps weapons, has an increased chance. Surely a more effective formula of separating the categories could have been thought of.

After analysing the categories and requirements in the pre-release notes, and as an all-rounder, my HP puts me Cat 10, however my gun base dps is only going to be effective in Cat 7.

So taking into account that the Terminator will be passed around the same players again, as normal in Cat 10, there is no logical reason for me to participate in this years event.

Hopefully MA will eradicate the lag so that its clients can enjoy the experience without it costing them money as a result.

Having to buy keys for the boxes looted also doesn't sit easy with me, to me its exploiting the players, and is just another way of extracting cash from a limited base of clients.

Good luck to all the players that have a good hp and weapons balance to give them an effective chance in there categories.

The beauty of this new system is that u can win with L stuffs. Best setup ever for mayhem!

The beauty of this new system is that u can win with L stuffs. Best setup ever for mayhem!

sure you can:laugh::laugh:... but you can also belive in Santa

Why HP restrictions? why not agility inteligence psyche, perception, ped card... or just a simple choice by each individual player?

One reward per player...keep dps restrictions... and pick whatever category you feel like thats the way i would prefer.
(maybe keep HP restriction for cat1 and cat2 so new players are in their own pool)

Now plz enlighten me why HP restriction is good for me:lolup:

How many deep tokens will be in xmas boxes?

What I am reading is ....It will be a good time to stay on another planet.....less , if any, lag :laugh:

I got a feeling a lot of folks cant read :(
In the past to win event one needed best gun and buffs for 40h. 40h of grind, very hard grind and luck to loot 5k pointers. This year and years to come u need best setup possible for ONE run (MA says instance can be done in 25-30min i believe the top times will come close to 15min).
So what that means:
U get set up whats suits your cat and suits your ped card and hunting stile,go into the instance and hunt for boxes, tokens...chill out,enjoy...hope for good returns...troll your chats....whatever..
But then when u feel like u wanna win (try to win) u gear up like never before,put enhancers in every hole u can find, even on L gun(L guns with high tiers will give u edge ),buff your bunny,make sure u have perfected rings on all fingers,ranger scopes is on,get high on pills and then u do that ONE run!! Ok maybe 2-3,still very cheep compared how it was before when u needed hunt for 40h in that supersonic state and never come close to top 10.
This years event will be win with best buffs and very likely with highest tiered L weapons, for sure cat 10 is different case.
How I see it now,MA bring us very good hunting event, even grinding event,they bring us mobs with actual mark up in them.So if u feel u wanna hunt kerbs or spiders or stay away from MM and finish your mission chains,feel free to do it,less hunters means higher MU for me :rolleyes:

well Crig this was well written and i understand your point. I also agree with you 100%! Best MM so far ever!

Now i will try to explain (again) why so many of us have some second thoughts. Usualy category 2 has bigger mobs than category 1... so far on most events there were 5 diffrent categories with cat4 and cat5 realy big mobs and bosses that most of hunters cant solo kill.
Now with HP restriction some of us medium size hunters with 60dps will be forced into instance with big mobs and boss we probably cant kill.
Maybe im wrong and cat8 will have L20 mobs with L35 boss... but incase mobs and boss will be bigger i cant participate. I dont have evade&armor&dps&fap&ped card to hunt bigger mobs. I also have no desire to hunt bigger mobs than L20.
Understood? All clear now?

So yes best MM rules sofar... all i dont understood is why HP restriction are neccesary? Why my avatar is not allowed to hunt in mid size category?

well Crig this was well written and i understand your point. I also agree with you 100%! Best MM so far ever!

Now i will try to explain (again) why so many of us have some second thoughts. Usualy category 2 has bigger mobs than category 1... so far on most events there were 5 diffrent categories with cat4 and cat5 realy big mobs and bosses that most of hunters cant solo kill.
Now with HP restriction some of us medium size hunters with 60dps will be forced into instance with big mobs and boss we probably cant kill.
Maybe im wrong and cat8 will have L20 mobs with L35 boss... but incase mobs and boss will be bigger i cant participate. I dont have evade&armor&dps&fap&ped card to hunt bigger mobs. I also have no desire to hunt bigger mobs than L20.
Understood? All clear now?

So yes best MM rules sofar... all i dont understood is why HP restriction are neccesary? Why my avatar is not allowed to hunt in mid size category?

Maybe you can and Will be disqualified, which would work for me.

Yes there is still a lot of unknown about event, the part about mob sizes and damages is very important and we are missing it yet.
If MA for some reasons will make cat 7 where i belong, full with L70 mobs and L100 Santa at the end im fkt, and probably most of players who belongs there. Lets hope they will not spoil they work with such madness.
Why hp restrictions? Heavy weight boxer cant fight paper weight right....and any event isnt matadory to do, if u dont feel like participating, its totally ok.
At first glimpse hp and dmg for cats really look like out of sync,but if u start looking for L weapons, picture is a bit different. Format like it is now eliminates high tiered UL owners from nearly every category.
All events and EU in general always was about items,best items win events,best items gets best returns... The big difference now is, weapons are not the most important equipment if u wanna win,the buff items are.
Like i did say before "with my 93dps,the best maxed weapon i can use, i dont have a chance" coz imp Arees isnt best ring ingame,by far isnt. But it is totally ok with me, im not going for the win.
Something like this is happening first time,right? In the future ppl will have time to adjust they skills and hp to every cat more properly,right now it is like it is. Also for ppl who think they are getting punished for crosskiling and having high hp, no your punishmet is for NOT unlocking commando or combat sense and then crosskiling
And FFA still going to be around and MA said boxes will drop there to.
GL in event folks i already broke a promise to myself "never post in PCF" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe you can and Will be disqualified, which would work for me.

I dont want to abuse bugs or do illegal things inhere.

Obviously some players like HP requirements atm since they imagine their dps/HO ratio is good... but think few years ahead when your avatar will be stronger... i simply wish i could casualy join mid level grinders... guess not gonna happen ever again thx to HP limits

But yeah atm we dont know how hard that instance will be... maybe i can pass it easily... maybe there will be no rewards:)... maybe winners will get a pet or whatever...

Still w8ing for someone to explain why HP restrictions are good:laugh:

Back