Cryptocurrency experience

Many could see that and did not invest, I am not sorry for those who lost, as there was more than enough warnings that this bubble will burst.

GZ to those speculants who actually made a fortune out of it, and sold in time!

Look at the bright side - those who got out of that mess in time would view a mildly negative-sum affair like EU as a good deal. :)

It's a low plank, of course, but compared to kleptocurrencies EU indeed looks good.

What about now ? Did we hit the bottom of the new bitcoin value era ?

Better mining it than buying some ? Heard it takes ages to mine, true ?

What about now ? Did we hit the bottom of the new bitcoin value era ?

Better mining it than buying some ? Heard it takes ages to mine, true ?

bitcoin mining has changed over the past couple of years..... once you could mine it with your home computer now it has become an industrialized thing.... if you try to mine with your home computer u will get cents a month....

now days its more profitable to mine other coins.... some profitable some don't ... depends on electricity and hardware costs and on the time you mean to sell if u can afford to hold up losses for a bit and wait for market to shine upon you u can still make a pretty penny mining

I read, that Bitcoin use about 5% of the world energy. May a bit less now, but still a lot.

I read, that Bitcoin use about 5% of the world energy. May a bit less now, but still a lot.

that is an argument that has been thrown around for over 2 years..... i never saw a calculation or numbers to back that claim... if it did use 5% of the world energy...... which is ALOTE to tell it mildly... governments would shut down any crypto mining operation they could get their hands on in a second.... i think that is just a lie trying to discourage ppl from joining in the game

first, this is bullshit and not true. (it's around 2.5 GWh, and world energy production is around 24000 TWh)

second, the worldwide gold mining industry uses 20 times more energy than bitcoin mining itself

third, if we humans just skip our winter & christmas lightings (house, garden & stuffs), we could shutdown around 10 nuclear power plants.

just sayin

(and please take everything you read with a grain of salt, and look it up yourself instead, if you're really interested)

Been interested for months but every person who talks about it seems to be the Messiah in its world and couldn't find two saying the same thing and owning bitcoin at the same time.

Been more interested in mining than buying tho.

There has been a talk about the energy they require to survive. Here is an article, in French, stating that bitcoin mining use about as much power as over 160 countries in the world. About 29Twh per year. More than Ireland itself !
Ethereum seems to have switched technology of validation for something less power consuming.

Link below
https://www.developpez.com/actu/239...ion-par-preuve-de-travail-par-preuve-d-enjeu/

first, this is bullshit and not true. (it's around 2.5 GWh, and world energy production is around 24000 TWh)

second, the worldwide gold mining industry uses 20 times more energy than bitcoin mining itself

third, if we humans just skip our winter & christmas lightings (house, garden & stuffs), we could shutdown around 10 nuclear power plants.

just sayin

(and please take everything you read with a grain of salt, and look it up yourself instead, if you're really interested)

Wow, I just sayd i read, this don't mean that i think it must be that way. But good, now we discussed that here, and a forum is about discussion :)

Back