Hunt for Markup and Win Passive Income on OLA 21!

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
THREAD CLOSED
Please refer to the new event thread for event continuity, found here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nd-Win-Passive-Income-on-Captain-Jack-s-Lands!

formicacida.jpg

Information on the LA itself and various hunting incentives can be found here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ast-of-Wolverine-Hope-is-under-new-management!

Be sure to check out my latest HSL event: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ack-s-Booty-Grab-February-Formicacida-Edition

With the advent of a new year coming up, I have decided to launch a new hunting event with the intention of giving people an opportunity to progressively accumulate passive income generating investments.

There are 4 ways to win;
1. Every 10th global you or your team (individual tracker) gets on the land area, you win an Arkadia Underground Deed.
2. Every time you global on a Formicacida Ravager, 1 Arkadia Underground Deed goes into the progressive jackpot.
3. Every 30th global (community tracker) on the Land Area wins an Arkadia Underground Deed.
4. Find, kill, and global on the elusive Formicacida Watcher to win the entire progressive jackpot!
*BONUS* Post a screenshot of your HoF on the HoF section of PCF to receive a 25 ped bonus.

Current Jackpot:
1 Calypso Land Deed* + 13 Arkadia Underground Deeds

Spawn details: Kill mobs to spawn more mobs, with a chance of spawning a higher maturity.
Weak: Common
Strong: Uncommon
Ravagar: Rare
Watcher: Mythic

Rules:

1. This is a hunting event, all globals must be on Formicacida.
2. This is an OLA-21 event, all globals must be done on OLA-21.
3. EntropiaLife will be used to track globals, so to ensure your globals are captured I recommend running the EntropiaLife software.
4. *Teams must register here on this thread with their team name and team captain. Only the team captain may redeem prizes on behalf of the team.
5. Any individual attempting to abuse the system may be banned from the event.
6. *Calypso Land Deed may be (X) or non (X) depending on availability at the time of the jackpot being won.
7. A hunter must have at least 10 globals on maturities below "Watcher" in order to claim the jackpot.
8. This event starts the day of posting. Any globals toward a prize must be achieved after this posting.
9. Any globals by "Captain Jack Daniels" or team "twitch.tv/Captain_Lucky_Jack" do not count toward this event.
10. Effective February 1st 2018, all globals must be scored in the same calendar month to count toward prizes.
Rules and prizes are subject to change.

If you would like to sponsor this event, send me a PM with your intended sponsorship. Sponsors will be recognized in the post below.

Last edited:
Sponsors List:

Teams:
1. twitch.tv/javenwtesla
Team Captain: Javen Wardenclyffe Tesla

2. DIRTY DINGO'S
Team Captain: ImpnAintEasy

3. Ready to HOF
Team Captain: Gaius Julia Caesar

4. Inefficient 3ntr0pians
Team Captain: rookie bluu 12

5. twitch.tv/SpikEOdets (may contain a suffix)
Team Captain: Spike Odets

6. NBK
Team Captain: Resnis Resnis Tusnis

7. Angel and her guardian
Team Captain: Lady Mysteria Nevrqwit

8. https://www.twitch.tv/c3rberu55
Team Captain: c3rberu5

Outstanding payments:

Muerte17 xRetroGamesx YouTube
Formicacida Strong
255 PED
Fri, 29 Dec 2017 10:39:10
PENDING (1 AUD)

Lukas Guiwer Dobrak
Cz-Sk Crows
Formicacida Strong
97 PED
Tue, 02 Jan 2018 08:55:10
PENDING (1 AUD)

Sam Jay North
Entropy
Formicacida Weak
50 PED
Sun, 14 Jan 2018 21:46:39
PENDING (1 AUD)

Skai Blondie Boa
RTr
Formicacida Weak
52 PED
Sat, 13 Jan 2018 23:09:04
PENDING (2 AUD)

Jan Turisas Hagis
Formicacida Weak
140 PED
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:23:31
PENDING (2 AUD)

apallo sincros neverweave
Formicacida Weak
323 PED
Mon, 15 Jan 2018 10:12:56
PENDING (3 AUD)

Lethal Greeneyed Kookaburra
NBK Rangers
Formicacida Weak
122 PED
Thu, 18 Jan 2018 16:44:12
PENDING (1 AUD)

Dingus Optimator Kahn
PENDING (2 AUD)

apallo sincros neverweave
PENDING (1 AUD)

Boo Who You
PENDING (3 AUD)

Darth Revan Reborn
PENDING (1 AUD)

Mace Mace9 Window
PENDING (1 AUD)

Marcus Macce Vallteng
PENDING (1 AUD)

Last edited:
Wow this is an event that gets me fired up! Think I know what I'll be hunting more of ;) I'm in!

WoW what a nice event

I will be there 2

Cool event..ill be there :yay:

There was some confusion on the 60th global rule. This is not an individual's tally, this is across the land area. So you may only have 1 global on the land area, but if that one happens to be the 60th global in a rolling period, you will win the AUD. Therefor the more people who grind, the more frequently we'll roll through 60 globals, the more AUDs may be paid out.

There was some confusion on the 60th global rule. This is not an individual's tally, this is across the land area. So you may only have 1 global on the land area, but if that one happens to be the 60th global in a rolling period, you will win the AUD. Therefor the more people who grind, the more frequently we'll roll through 60 globals, the more AUDs may be paid out.

I was out there last night shooting away, nice area and hit a few globals (although only on weaks).
Question though, how will we know if we have hit the 60th Global? will it be put in this thread somewhere?

I was out there last night shooting away, nice area and hit a few globals (although only on weaks).
Question though, how will we know if we have hit the 60th Global? will it be put in this thread somewhere?

Hey Revan, welcome to the land area! I hope your hunt went well.
I will be monitoring globals on EntropiaLife, and once global #60 rolls through I'll contact the person who looted it as well as post it here. I am using a paid feature of EntropiaLife for this.

Also, I had previously intended to start the 60th global counter on January 1st for ease of tracking, but realized it will actually be very easy for me to start tracking immediately. As such, your 2 globals last night did count toward the 60 global counter, and we're 58 globals away from handing out an AUD.

After assessing the first day's activity, I have decided to try decreasing the global requirement from 60 to 40 to trigger an AUD win. We are currently 6 globals in.

Team register: twitch.tv/javenwtesla

Team Captain: Javen Wardenclyffe Tesla

Outstanding Prizes:

Muerte17 xRetroGamesx YouTube
Formicacida Strong
255 PED
Fri, 29 Dec 2017 10:39:10
PENDING

Master SeanF Hunter
Formicacida Strong
62 PED
Fri, 29 Dec 2017 14:59:48
PENDING

Prizes Paid:

Martre Martre Markusz
Kingsajz
Formicacida Strong
92 PED
Fri, 29 Dec 2017 15:32:23
PAID

Skai Blondie Boa
RTr
Formicacida Strong
51 PED
Fri, 29 Dec 2017 05:04:25
PAID

Last edited:
Less than 48 hours into the event and 4 AUDs won already. We're also sitting at 18/40 globals for the triggered AUD payout. With spleen oil at 120%, it's no wonder people are farming here!

And some nice iron mission reward choices as well if you haven't already done them. :lift:

In an effort to address the issue of people flying around killing exclusively Strongs, I am adding a new rule that you must have at least as many globals on the "Weak" as you do in higher maturities in order for your prize to pay out.
The purpose of this event is to provide incentive to grind all mobs on the land area, hunting the weaks to spawn the higher maturities. Attempting to abuse this system is unfair to your fellow hunters ad event sponsors and may result in being banned from the event or the entire event shutting down.
Any outstanding prizes due prior to this rule will still be paid out.

In an effort to address the issue of people flying around killing exclusively Strongs, I am adding a new rule that you must have at least as many globals on the "Weak" as you do in higher maturities in order for your prize to pay out.
The purpose of this event is to provide incentive to grind all mobs on the land area, hunting the weaks to spawn the higher maturities. Attempting to abuse this system is unfair to your fellow hunters ad event sponsors and may result in being banned from the event or the entire event shutting down.
Any outstanding prizes due prior to this rule will still be paid out.

That's a good rule to add, hard enough spawning the higher maturities, let alone having someone just go around shooting only them.

That's a good rule to add, hard enough spawning the higher maturities, let alone having someone just go around shooting only them.

Yes, I observed this behavior today and have implemented this rule exactly for that reason. If you see anybody doing that please PM me.

Yesterday the land area saw record levels of activity. I was able to do some more data analysis and will be lowering the AUD payout rate to 30 globals, so we are just 9 globals away from the payout.

Congratulations to Martre Martre Markusz for hitting 2 HoFs within 24 hours! :yay:

Hi, I like the event but of course it's able to be exploited. Can you not ban vehicles from your LA?

Just to clarify, the Formic weak rule only applies to formic strong?

1. One global on Formic weak+one global on Formic strong=1 AUD?

Or I have to have globaled on formic weaks first?

Did some grinding here last night. Was a pretty decent hunt even with only one small global. Spawn had some good spots where I only really needed to move 100M or so to start agroing the next group. Overall a nice LA with a nice incentive. Time to keep grinding. :sniper:

Hi, I like the event but of course it's able to be exploited. Can you not ban vehicles from your LA?

Just to clarify, the Formic weak rule only applies to formic strong?

1. One global on Formic weak+one global on Formic strong=1 AUD?

Or I have to have globaled on formic weaks first?

Good question, I will clarify.

You must global on Formicacida Weaks prior to globaling on a higher maturity (strong, ravager, or watcher) in order for that global to count toward claiming an AUD.
If you have any further proposals on how to prevent exploiting I'm all ears.

WOW! I just checked EntropiaLife and was amazed at what happened last night.

1. Global #30 rolled through right here, and has earned an AUD payout. This global happened to also be on a Strong, earning another AUD payout. Congratulations Martre for hitting 2 AUDs in 1 loot.
Martre Martre Markusz
Kingsajz
Formicacida Strong
53 PED
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 07:28:13
PENDING (2 AUDs)

2. Jan hit the first Ravager of the event, triggering 1 AUD to himself and +1 AUD to the jackpot.
Jan Turisas Hagis
Formicacida Ravager
51 PED
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 10:51:37
PAID

3. Congratulations to amanda Alissanos robinson for hitting 2 HoFs within 2 minutes of each other. That was insane!

I'll be adding a 25 ped Bonus rule to HoFs which get screenshotted and posted on the HoF forum.

Last night was a very good night for the OLA21 community, and we're already well on our way to the 2nd rolling AUD payout.

Last edited:
Back