Most Underwhelming Moments in EU

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
Thought it might be funny to share some of our moments where we expected something really great to happen, but it turned out very underwhelming. Here's one of mine. Got the "you're in luck, complete this instance to receive an increased loot reward." message in the battle simulator. It's pretty rare to get the message, so it's very exciting to get. Anyways, the total loot I got added up to 7.19 PED. (it costs 6 ped to enter the instance lol.)

underwhelming_batsim_drop.jpg'

Hussk.. nuff said

Huusk hands down.

Probably when I first warped to Ancient Greece also.

Got the "you're in luck, complete this instance to receive an increased loot reward." message in the battle simulator. It's pretty rare to get the message, so it's very exciting to get. Anyways, the total loot I got added up to 7.19 PED. (it costs 6 ped to enter the instance lol.)

I've had this message in CUHOF on Toulan, and the loot was ~120% of cost as well - which technically _is_ increased compared to the usual ~80%.

Crit Buff scam dubbed Loot 2.0

ESI from sandking 10.00 tt value :laugh:

When MF came back I was happy that sweat and nexus will have MU again, but then there was sync ME in TT xD

Well good for the MF users, bad for the sweaters and miners :)

When I bought my shop down in the cave at New Oxfort, very nice ambiente there, and then it was bugged and had to wait long long long time untill MA finally found a solution.

My first atrox guardian killed, back in autumn of 2005, was a global. I got superhyped because in the middle of the lootwindow there was a FAP shinning in all its glory. When I put the cursor onto it, it was a fap-5 :(

-) not being able to beat the batshit in 7 attempts
-) looting a country mask in a global
-) losing more than 100 ped in my first hunt in 2.0 (monria)
-) finding out there's a buyer's fee in the auction

but the most taking-the-cake moment can only be

-) trying to sell ANYTHING in the auction for a reasonable price, nobody buying anything and being stuck with the goddamn listing fees!!! (REMOVE EM ALREADY! :mad:) literally the worst part of the entire game and the reason I barely ever bother to sell anything at all

Anytime I loot a damn mod nanite while hunting in ark...I see the HOF circles and then get so excited until I look down and see that it was just a mod nanite...

One of the worst was when hunting in CP I got the beautiful HOF circles...I was so excited because already I was bleeding ped that hunt. Maybe this was my time...my moment....Nah....It was just a damn 100 mindforce impant with a TT value of like 10 ped with 0 MU....My hopes and dreams were crushed that very moment...
Such a tease...

Hof at 55 ped , gettin a modest (VI) claim with big amp , but usually getting VII claim unamped , extinction of the steel birds, spawned reduced drastically at daspletors, putting 200 double bombs on foma and gettin a 38 ped claim, 2 min after some got tower unamped ... seeing others profiting of the waves with no rep repercussions, I can continue... Hunting level 40 and higher mobs and seeing 10k hof on a lvl 5-6 mob ... the joy of playing entropia.

Mindark ruining the prices on Faps with their mission galactica
Mindark ruining the price of armors selling their own at a capped price
Mindark ruining space
Mindark ruining taming
Mindark going off on tangents (compet)
Mindark allowing Planet partners to ruin markup on very rare items (Chikara Adj scanner dropping from a noob mob)
Mindark stealing money from players via the fake statue auctions
Mindark's petty cash grab releasing non-mothership warp ships for ridiculous prices, instead of just deleting space altogether
Mindark ruining Landgrab
Mindark ruining pvp
Mindark breaking their own fucking game with pills and increased crit with no regard for the impact on the loot algorithm

Mindark saying "Husk you" to few hundreds players.

Mindark ruining the prices on Faps with their mission galactica
Mindark ruining the price of armors selling their own at a capped price
Mindark ruining space
Mindark ruining taming
Mindark going off on tangents (compet)
Mindark allowing Planet partners to ruin markup on very rare items (Chikara Adj scanner dropping from a noob mob)
Mindark stealing money from players via the fake statue auctions
Mindark's petty cash grab releasing non-mothership warp ships for ridiculous prices, instead of just deleting space altogether
Mindark ruining Landgrab
Mindark ruining pvp
Mindark breaking their own fucking game with pills and increased crit with no regard for the impact on the loot algorithm

Mindark runing game...ooops i mean ruining ;)

-) not being able to beat the batshit in 7 attempts
-) looting a country mask in a global
-) losing more than 100 ped in my first hunt in 2.0 (monria)
-) finding out there's a buyer's fee in the auction

but the most taking-the-cake moment can only be

-) trying to sell ANYTHING in the auction for a reasonable price, nobody buying anything and being stuck with the goddamn listing fees!!! (REMOVE EM ALREADY! :mad:) literally the worst part of the entire game and the reason I barely ever bother to sell anything at all

What buyers fee? You mean cross planet shipping? Final that's an added feature and I enjoy it.

99.99% of my time hunting :laugh:

Compet - I guess if they ignore the problem it might just go away down the memory hole.
I was always astounded at the uselessness and clunk of apartments and stores.

I would say buying a stable (well at the moment of buying it i was happy, the underwhelming part was the following months/years).

Probably when you're close to killing that mob, and you get 5 ninja ontop of you plus lose connection at the same time, while trying to log in you get the avatar already logged in for 3 attempts, then when you finally do log in someone kill stealed your mob and gets a hof.

Space was very disappointing i thought it would be a lot more exciting than just get shot by pirate when leaving a planet, then nothing for half hour only to get shot buy a pirate entering a planet.

Pets and stables was major let down, after all that wait and then quickly fuzzed out once the market was flooded.

I would say compets, but from the previews most of us knew it was going to be shit before it even came out.

A Terra Amp 9 (L) crafting run with success % of 9.3 :duh:

Screwing up Ancient Greece.

It was a true challenge back then. Now you can use guns and fly.

or vehicles in EU.

The point to this game was ruined.

New wave of players. To only hear and read complaints.

When I got my Halix tail discovery - all the signs of a hof, searched my inventory for something special or a nice stack of something only to find a 1pec halix tail :(

I agree to some point about vehicles, it took dedication to get all the tp's, some could take hours without a tp chip and now you can do the lot in one afternoon. All that running, the tp runs being organised by socs or even being rescued taught us about EU.

Most Underwhelming Moments are the ones when people ask you if you profit in this game and if there are other things profitable in this game other than sweat/collect shit on the ground or oil from orthos rig.
Also the fact that each and every person trying to research for this game WILL ONLY READ negative aspect of the game by the most frustrated persons who played the game a few in the past and compare everything with their best period of the game and actually fed us all with their own agenda and own perspective of the game.
I've been one of them and I had the chance to read a lot of das helena and few other more I can't remember their names now.For me it was easy because I asked the right questions but most people who join for a few weeks won't have the patience and stamina for it, they just quit and never come back.

Space was very disappointing i thought it would be a lot more exciting than just get shot by pirate when leaving a planet, then nothing for half hour...
Kinda agree there, but
... only to get shot buy a pirate entering a planet.
I hope you've figured out by now that this second part was your own incompetence, right?

If u found out about this only now, that'd be pretty underwhelming. :laugh:

When I had collected about 60-70 mining spots on Arkadia and they decided to change the spawns.
And yea, same with RT before they pulled the plug on half of the areas.

Back