New info on Batsim and its shady side

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
Ok, so I've been holding out some information for a while on what I know of a certain battle simulator player and their history. I have been trying to avoid being specific and I will continue to not use names as I have not in the past, even though it should be obvious who I'm talking about.

Let's assume for a second that the top battle simulator player isn't cheating or using an exploit in some way and is able to get times 20-30 seconds better than any of the other players, having been able to every week consistently get times better than anyone else has ever gotten, even though time is very RNG heavy and many runs are needed to find the right timesaving RNG. Let's also avoid the question of why the top runner won't post a video of a sub 6:20 run on youtube even though they seem to put up a video of everything that happens in their day to day lives in EU INCLUDING posting their best battle simulator runs in the past before the new battle simulator came out and they started getting these magical times. (They refuse to post the new runs as it would reveal their "secret")

Enough of that though. That isn't the main topic of this post. The main topic of this post is that they are still running the battle simulator and collecting prizes for months after they were caught using multiple accounts to collect sometimes up to 4 ( yes literally sometimes 4) of the top placements in the battle simulator. Cheating whoever should have legitimately earned those placements for a long time. I have a very good reason to believe that this is what was going on because upon discovering that the same people who were taking top 5 placements in the battle simulator every week were also in the same society, I reported them for the obvious reason of account sharing. Suddenly 2 weeks after my report all but the one (who was using the other accounts to gain placements and funnel money into their main account) never showed up again. So why are they not sanctioned from running the battle simulator for that reason? Seems like being told to not do it again is being let off pretty light for stealing placement money from the avatars who actually earned it (They account shared to steal placements for months.) Also, let me add that the Battle Simulator prize pool comes directly from the pockets of the runners.

PM me if you want any specific info.

I've tried the batsim a couple of times but never placed anywhere, however i did notice a couple of things you can do that could shorten the times if you spent a while testing out the best way to use them and figure out mob placement etc. I'm going to guess that those top people prob use similar ways after a lot of testing.

Note, I'm not in their soc and have no insider info from them.

What i noticed is that when you exit the first doors, you can take a left which puts you to a pile of rocks.
Go up against the wall on the left and go straight until you cant anymore then you can go right up on top of the rock wall with a quick jump or two. From there you can either run up onto the roof of the building to gets a birds eye view and get many shots into turrets without having to go around the side of the building.

Alternatively instead of running onto the roof, you could go straight over the rock wall and through to the otherside where you can get quick shots on everything and still hit all mobs in that area. It will say your out of bounds for a couple of seconds but disappears as soon as you get across. (you have 10secs to make it).

There are other areas like this all throughout where you can either take short cuts or run up onto buildings. Most involve going out of bounds for close to the 10 secs, but if you a quick enough then you can make it. Essentially you can kill the mobs in one area and jump through to the next without having to run around the path, that could shave off many precious secs or 10's of sec's, etc.

Another such spot at the start of the game is where you run straight (instead of going over the wall to the left) and on your right you can run up and over, either across to the otherside or follow the wall up and jump through the gap between the buildings to hit near the first exit gate to second area....this one is tight on time so you have to be precise. Sorry hard to explain these without pictures but im not going to spend ped to go in and take pics....you can play around with it, if so inclined

Anyway, like i said, i have never placed nor received any ped or loot in batsim, so i don't really care how its done myself. Really there should not be these shortcuts in the game...they should just be high walls that you cannot pass.

Hope this helps you get better times.

I've tried the batsim a couple of times but never placed anywhere, however i did notice a couple of things you can do that could shorten the times if you spent a while testing out the best way to use them and figure out mob placement etc. I'm going to guess that those top people prob use similar ways after a lot of testing.

Note, I'm not in their soc and have no insider info from them.

What i noticed is that when you exit the first doors, you can take a left which puts you to a pile of rocks.
Go up against the wall on the left and go straight until you cant anymore then you can go right up on top of the rock wall with a quick jump or two. From there you can either run up onto the roof of the building to gets a birds eye view and get many shots into turrets without having to go around the side of the building.

Alternatively instead of running onto the roof, you could go straight over the rock wall and through to the otherside where you can get quick shots on everything and still hit all mobs in that area. It will say your out of bounds for a couple of seconds but disappears as soon as you get across. (you have 10secs to make it).

There are other areas like this all throughout where you can either take short cuts or run up onto buildings. Most involve going out of bounds for close to the 10 secs, but if you a quick enough then you can make it. Essentially you can kill the mobs in one area and jump through to the next without having to run around the path, that could shave off many precious secs or 10's of sec's, etc.

Another such spot at the start of the game is where you run straight (instead of going over the wall to the left) and on your right you can run up and over, either across to the otherside or follow the wall up and jump through the gap between the buildings to hit near the first exit gate to second area....this one is tight on time so you have to be precise. Sorry hard to explain these without pictures but im not going to spend ped to go in and take pics....you can play around with it, if so inclined

Anyway, like i said, i have never placed nor received any ped or loot in batsim, so i don't really care how its done myself. Really there should not be these shortcuts in the game...they should just be high walls that you cannot pass.

Hope this helps you get better times.

I went in and found the first one and got up on the buildings. Skipping the path would save no time as you still have to kill all of the enemies. For the most part battle simulator times are limited by dps and not how quickly you're able to run through the path. Also, going out of bounds to improve your time is an exploit unless MA has a different definition of an "exploit" than the rest of the gaming world. As for the second suggestion, skipping over a door that only opens when all enemies are killed before they are killed is 100% cheating/ and exploit. I can't imagine anyone would argue over that. Nevertheless, I will probably waste some ped trying to find an exploit or cheat so I can submit a bug report/video over it.

Two more things. It seems you have the misunderstanding that people in the same soc are still getiing placements. No, the ones I suspected of account sharing that were in the same soc don't ever place anymore, aside from 1 which is the main account of the person who account shared. The only person I think is still using an exploit is the one who has gotten number 1 in batsim with times no one else has achieved for months in a row. The other batsim players I believe are completely legitimate.

Secondly, the main topic of the post is why has the runner received no sanctions after account sharing to steal extra placements in the batsim?

I only tried it when it came out first week orso, because I was curious about it.
And ofc after seeing those ridiculus times, I never went back in, as i'm not going to fill the pockets of those.
And for the part that they can still do it probably, not that I would know as I don't care anymore, where the FUCK is MindArk in those cases?
I think MindArk is to blame once again, as for many other things that are not worth participating in.
:nutkick:
Green Corner: Me
Yellow Corner: MindArk

Batsim best place to test bots and also to win money doing it. Again GG MIndArk

I only tried it when it came out first week orso, because I was curious about it.
And ofc after seeing those ridiculus times, I never went back in, as i'm not going to fill the pockets of those.
And for the part that they can still do it probably, not that I would know as I don't care anymore, where the FUCK is MindArk in those cases?
I think MindArk is to blame once again, as for many other things that are not worth participating in.

I have never taken part in batsim , my knowledge of it is from twitch streams , but I am curious if the loot pool includes the batsim too , because if it does , it effectively filters ped from the loot pool to known exploiter on regular basis

I have never taken part in batsim , my knowledge of it is from twitch streams , but I am curious if the loot pool includes the batsim too , because if it does , it effectively filters ped from the loot pool to known exploiter on regular basis

Not sure about this one, but as far I know the pool for sim is based on the PED that you have to pay to enter, think it is 6PED now? as 3PED or whatever it was, was not enough it seems :rolleyes:

tried it once, didn't like it, never entered again. i never asked for something like this, nor can i remember anyone else did so...

waste of time, mindark edition, part #297438 :twocents:

tried it once, didn't like it, never entered again. i never asked for something like this, nor can i remember anyone else did so...

waste of time, mindark edition, part #297438 :twocents:

The fact is that it doesn’t help with nothing to EU economy.

Reactions: das
Funny, I just posted this same thing in a different thread about a different issue. The answer is the same though.

The reason scammers keep scamming with no repercussion, and things don't get fixed, is that MA just doesn't give a shit.

I don't even know why I come to the forums anymore. I barely hunt now, and nothing ever changes. There's never anything good about this game anymore, just more of the same old. Seriously, the same now as it was then, almost a decade later.

Funny, I just posted this same thing in a different thread about a different issue. The answer is the same though.

The reason scammers keep scamming with no repercussion, and things don't get fixed, is that MA just doesn't give a shit.

I don't even know why I come to the forums anymore. I barely hunt now, and nothing ever changes. There's never anything good about this game anymore, just more of the same old. Seriously, the same now as it was then, almost a decade later.

Yeah, it sucks that basically the only way to fix the issue is if I find the exploit myself, send in a video of it, and hope that they decide to patch it in the next few months. I remember when people were sleipnir hunting on Evey's stream and the MA official came out to see it themselves. All they did was say something along the lines of "you're only allowed to get in your sleipnir to unnagro a mob you didn't intend to fight." i.e. if you get ninja spawned or swarmed you can use a sleipnir to get rid of the agro. The official then teleported out and the people continued to sleipnir hunt. I don't believe any of them even got a temporary ban.

Yeah, it sucks that basically the only way to fix the issue is if I find the exploit myself, send in a video of it, and hope that they decide to patch it in the next few months. I remember when people were sleipnir hunting on Evey's stream and the MA official came out to see it themselves. All they did was say something along the lines of "you're only allowed to get in your sleipnir to unnagro a mob you didn't intend to fight." i.e. if you get ninja spawned or swarmed you can use a sleipnir to get rid of the agro. The official then teleported out and the people continued to sleipnir hunt. I don't believe any of them even got a temporary ban.
Sadly, there is much truth here.... Mindark, historically speaking, seems to only punish those that actually report exploits and don't punish those silently continuing to exploit them daily. I remember several years back when the item points on shops were completely insane, and allowed you to put items in the tens of thousands in... Those of us that reported it on forums or in support tickets, showing examples, were told to quit it or risk a ban while everyone else exploiting just got to keep on exploiting that bug for at least 3 or so months later til they fixed it (think some apartments and shops actually still haven't been fixed from that yet even today?)... Similar things seem to happen when it comes to just about every other exploit out there. Mindark doesn't seem to know how to be proactive about any exploit or bug. They simply react when someone reports it and then just barely reacts enough to make the one reporting it shut up.

Yeah batsim was yet another idea MA had that was a good idea poorly implementing like everything else they do...

1. Batsim should be randomized each week with a brand new layout, mobs, positions...etc. Having it be the exact same thing every time is just ripe for bots. It puts new players at a SEVERE disadvantage doing this way as well because a new player that's been in game for a week is now having to go up against players that have been running that instance thousands of times over months/years. True skill would be the ability to adapt to new situations each week.

2. Even though vast improvements have been made since batsim 1.0 IE like turrets not longer can evade your shots. There is still a shit ton of bugs that they refuse to fix like glitching through walls as described above and the infamous just start walking with no way to go back to run glitch that WILL cost you the entire run. I had numerous issues with that glitch myself and had to contact support about it - not sure if they've actually fixed it but my money is on "NO". Even though it's a 30 second fix to just add a key that toggles run walk while in batsim, but whatever they can't be bothered.

3. Batsim is still to heavily focused on RNG to be purely "skill based". Random damaged regardless of where your shot hits and randomized mobs per run make getting the top position only possible when the so-called planets align.

Anyways, thanks to the OP. People cheating/bending the rules in EU and MA doing nothing about it for a long time is nothing new. I refer you to those couple miners that were taking advantage of the system for like a year before MA finally stepped in lol

I look at batsim as just another gamble like everything else in this game. Getting the best time is no where even on my "hope list" if I enter a batsim. I can get a solid 10 minute time going at a decent pace and I think if I really pushed I could squeeze it down to 8 or 9 minutes. Either way. if I do a batsim run my only real hope is either getting one of the very rare bonus loots or a new batsim gun.

As for the people in top position - without proof it's hard to say if they are cheating or not. And them not wanting to show how the do it on youtube doesn't really count as proof IMO. I mean seriously, if they've found the best way to legitimately complete the batsim virtually guaranteeing a massive profit each week why would any sane person give that up for a couple views on youtube?

As for the people in top position - without proof it's hard to say if they are cheating or not. And them not wanting to show how the do it on youtube doesn't really count as proof IMO. I mean seriously, if they've found the best way to legitimately complete the batsim virtually guaranteeing a massive profit each week why would any sane person give that up for a couple views on youtube?

That!
If I would have found the perfect way to get to top position I surely wouldn´t share it, just repeat it again and again.

Back