Compet "Deed" Revenue starts 25th Feb 2018

The one decent thing Mindark could do now to reassure hope and trust is to make it possible for the Entropia players to trade in the ComPet deeds for something useful in Entropia universe - Like 100ped universal ammo for each deed or something like that.
It wouldnt probably cost them anything since the ammo (after x cycles) would be back in their pockets again.

Come on Mindark, how about it ? - Give us some feedback. you did respond to the community in the beginning when ComPet was introduced, you explained things about the game, and its ROI and etc, how about now ? after we have given you tons of money aswell, you cant just stay silent now...

Games today only keeps being popular if they have a community that plays it, with a population of hardcore fans supporting it :dunce:

Giving 100 PED is way too high, i agree some goodwill gesture would be nice, but giving back 80-100% of the outlay is just too much. The high risk was there from day 1, the warning signs were there at beta.

but there is still hope if they get their head back in the game, altho its broken to all new players atm if they can fix that and introduce EU crossplay (terminals inside EU that emulate the game, pass pets over) and make the game less boring to fight, it could be reborn like No Mans Sky managed a little.

plus if rare compet only pets can be passed over to be incredible EU pets, then compet will soar.

news is disappointing at the moment, but as of yet its not over

I want to see some accounting info for compet. How much of the $2mil was spent, and on what?

Well, doh, on bitcoin and ethereum of course, that's why mindark is still rich and compet buyer still porr :mad:

*sarcasm*

I want to see some accounting info for compet. How much of the $2mil was spent, and on what?

At the end of 2016 they had spent around 12 738 359 SEK on it, that is around 1,6 MUSD. I guess that have increased in 2017.

At the end of 2016 they had spent around 12 738 359 SEK on it, that is around 1,6 MUSD. I guess that have increased in 2017.

Spent on what? 1.5 mil on executive bonuses and 100k on some outsourced indian coding farm?

curious, was there a payment today?

curious, was there a payment today?

Yes there was, but given today's date it's hard to know which story will give me the biggest laugh, some joke or the level of payout...
(If you really want to know, I think it was a shade over 2 pecs per deed)

~416 years to get 100 ped back then

Yes there was, but given today's date it's hard to know which story will give me the biggest laugh, some joke or the level of payout...
(If you really want to know, I think it was a shade over 2 pecs per deed)

Ok so that means keeping pace with AUD's the true price of a compet deed should be about 3 peds.

Ouch, that hurts if you just bought them for 10~20 ped

:laugh:

How did that work out for you?

I never believed MA would screw over their player base with whatever diamond/gold coin burn conversion rate they decided to go with. I was quite surprised actually, MA have a habit of making things work. Like adding events to Ark UG to support those deeds. I really thought they would calculate a decent conversion rate and adjust it in future. On the basis that's it's not a good idea to exploit your limited amount of customers, I got it wrong, sorry.

I still own my 500 deeds I paid $5000 for. I was never ramping it, to dump and get out at the misfortune of others....that's not my style. I got 10.5 ped on 1st April so it was 2.1 pec for the month. Just a shame the April fools day joke was real. I believed in all the MA bollocks, really liked pets, and didn't think they would let us down so badly.

That's only if Rick continues playing, otherwise it might have been the last payout :)

I've justified it to myself by saying; is it better to own Mod Res chip that costs around $5K that has a small market for resale, or own 500 deeds that pay at least something back and are more liquid.

For sure it's dented my trust and belief. Let's face it many of us invest as of a way of making the game more affordable. So I had a few hard years in game just standing around training pets, whilst I saved to buy those deeds, that I hoped would provided additional ped to open up EU for me, that's not happened.

So I'll stay low level, maybe that's a good thing. Carry on taming level 6 devils, run the odd trox hunt.

Maybe MA will make Compet work, add the EU links, add non-PVP content. I won't hold my breath, those deeds now will collect dust in store. I didn't buy into that Crypto, or Ark moon deeds....no longer interested.

You measure a person or company by their actions not their talk. So the ball is in MA's court.

I keep asking myself, why do they want to crash these deeds, who are they trying to force to sell? Who do they want to own the deeds. But you know, maybe there is no hidden agenda, and it was just a cash grab. I was never a fan of MA selling stuff before they built it, even more so now.

I just joined the list of a long line of people who have massive devalued items in game. That's all of us right.

I know MA knows, they let me ramp it up for the big fall. I won't put myself in that position again.
On the plus side, its a paper loss if players still hold them. Give it a few years it could be a completely different discussion.

Just smiling to myself thinking how many players have throw $5K at explo in a few months, what was the worst gamble?

Life rolls on. I know quite a few players that believed in compet, I was just more vocal than most about it. Is it bad thing to believe, and get behind the firm? They let us down badly, that's a real shame for everyone including MA.

Laters

Rick

Nice to see you are having a sober view on things. It's how they say it in my language, "sober".

Mindark leadership has been and will always be bunch of thieving scum. Nothing will change until EU goes to another studio to handle.

I keep asking myself, why do they want to crash these deeds, who are they trying to force to sell?

Do I understand right that you believe that the low payouts are artificial and not the result of only a handful of enthusiasts like you ever putting a cent in compet?

I got it wrong, sorry.

I still own my ... deeds I paid $.... for.
Laters

Rick

Two very valuable points there: admitting being wrong + not trying to sell on any retrieveable part of that mistake to others!
In this, I stand with you. I have also not sold the few deeds I have as a matter of principle. I believe that is valuable in itself, so you have a lot of value in your heart and honour, Rick!

I got two pec payout this month from one compet deed :)

Do I understand right that you believe that the low payouts are artificial and not the result of only a handful of enthusiasts like you ever putting a cent in compet?

I tend to repeat the same thing over and over again, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

MA said you simply need to play the game to generate revenue. "Loads" of players maxed their villages and pets, that generated in game revenue, regardless of deposits

The issue was MA obviously decided to calculate an extremely low conversion rate on the revenue earned.
Because they could make it any f**ing number they wanted.

such as:

1000 diamonds burned = $1
1000 diamonds burned = $10
1000 diamonds burned = $100

Gold coin burn could've been included in that revenue calc too, although by the looks of things they didn't include it.

So MA had the opportunity to calculate revenue that would have been acceptable, but they obviously changed their mind about "just playing the game".....and went for a hardcore glassing up the arse approach.

That fact that Ma allowed us to do most that for free, is not the issue. They invented the game to behave in that way to start with, then back tracked and screwed the investors because they didn't get cash on the revenue we generated.

That is the facts of it.

Rick

The issue was MA obviously decided to calculate an extremely low conversion rate on the revenue earned.
Because they could make it any f**ing number they wanted.

such as:

1000 diamonds burned = $1
1000 diamonds burned = $10
1000 diamonds burned = $100

Gold coin burn could've been included in that revenue calc too, although by the looks of things they didn't include it.

So MA had the opportunity to calculate revenue that would have been acceptable, but they obviously changed their mind about "just playing the game".....and went for a hardcore glassing up the arse approach.

That fact that Ma allowed us to do most that for free, is not the issue. They invented the game to behave in that way to start with, then back tracked and screwed the investors because they didn't get cash on the revenue we generated.

That is the facts of it.

Rick

I tend to try and give MA the benefit of the doubt when possible, and as much as it sucks, it was an investment that people risked and mind ark can't just pull money out of thin air to increase returns. The revenue they received was likely awful . In return, the payout is even more awful . Can mind ark do something about it? Sure, maybe they can give a weapon or something in exchange for deeds that has no real ped value, but is useful (like the CDF daily token ones). But in terms of pure PED return, I think as it stands this is the end.

So, if im understanding what youre saying right there is some item ingame you can buy for cash (diamonds) and MA gave out a bunch for free (like x amount each day or w/e) and then a bunch of people used those free diamonds and expected the cost of them to be absorbed by MA and factored into deed payout as it was a premium item used, despite no one actually paying for it. Sorry if this sounds stupid, I have never played compet myself so im not familiar with the mechanics.

I tend to try and give MA the benefit of the doubt when possible, and as much as it sucks, it was an investment that people risked and mind ark can't just pull money out of thin air to increase returns. The revenue they received was likely awful . In return, the payout is even more awful . Can mind ark do something about it? Sure, maybe they can give a weapon or something in exchange for deeds that has no real ped value, but is useful (like the CDF daily token ones). But in terms of pure PED return, I think as it stands this is the end.

No I don't accept that.

Ma asked us their customers to buy revenue deeds in a game with a blank canvas (not shares, so it's not an investment in the literal meaning of it). They are selling us revenue deeds, people need to get their head around that, there is no voting rights etc.

So we gave them money in exchange for revenue (not in exchange for a share in an asset). MA built a shit PVP game no one wanted, did zero research about what we might want....didn't even ask us actually.

Then they build a game that struggles to generate the revenue they promised us. Or worse they valued that revenue earned at next to nothing.

We trusted them to deliver on a product and they failed miserable. What's worse is there're many solutions to fix it, but MA refuse to add it, continuing down this PVP path.

So just remember when you buy deeds, you are buying a right to revenue.(edit: you could argue an expectation of revenue) So Ma obviously failed to build the game with the content that would generate that revenue promise they sold to us.

Still; EU took 10 years before they sold it, give a few more years Ma might eventually turn Compet into something viable.

Rick

Last edited:
So, if im understanding what youre saying right there is some item ingame you can buy for cash (diamonds) and MA gave out a bunch for free (like x amount each day or w/e) and then a bunch of people used those free diamonds and expected the cost of them to be absorbed by MA and factored into deed payout as it was a premium item used, despite no one actually paying for it. Sorry if this sounds stupid, I have never played compet myself so im not familiar with the mechanics.

Exactly, because its the same as EU. Revenue is earned "playing" the game.

If I find a rare pet and it costs me 20 ped to tame it, and I sell it to another player for 600 ped. Lets say that player got 600 from CLD payout on Monday. Then no "real" cash has been earned in those transactions.

There're loads of situations you can create that ped created from thin air.
I know a guy that collected over 1000 ped of TT larvas on CP, he got that free right

Anyway I use that 600 ped "playing" the game, it generates more revenue for CLD.

Deposits are not revenue (in the sense of game revenue), never has been, never will be.

Rick

recently some rare Monria pets got some ok level buffs in EU... Perhaps someday Mindark can make some uber pets with uber level buffs that you can only 'get' as a rare pet in compet and they you'd have to push it over to EU to get the benefits from it. Do that and I suspect revenue may climb a bit. ;)

(would discuss this on compet forum itself, but their forum appears to not be functioning today for some dumb reason)

(p.e. I've started playing compet more lately than I used to. Whether or not I'll keep up with it we'll see. It actually is a bit 'fun' to play and reminds me why I actually did want to invest in the first place.)

(for those looking in to playing that are sick of getting raided, try blowing your gold on battle packs so you can play in the arena. If you don't have gold to be raided, fewer folks will raid you. You can then start playing in the arena more and there will be more people there... seems that if you do arena, don't choose the auto battle option and you will find some folks out there every couple of minutes these days... arena gets you quite a few experience points even if you lose a time or three)

Last edited:
Exactly, because its the same as EU. Revenue is earned "playing" the game.

If I find a rare pet and it costs me 20 ped to tame it, and I sell it to another player for 600 ped. Lets say that player got 600 from CLD payout on Monday. Then no "real" cash has been earned in those transactions.

There're loads of situations you can create that ped created from thin air.
I know a guy that collected over 1000 ped of TT larvas on CP, he got that free right

Anyway I use that 600 ped "playing" the game, it generates more revenue for CLD.

Deposits are not revenue (in the sense of game revenue), never has been, never will be.

Rick

but iirc when caly gives free ammo it is deducted from the CLD payout, so in effect all those free gems could be deducted from the CP deeds too

CP need to get their updates up to scratch, 3 month updates for a mobile game isn't good, the game has been broken for me for over a month

but iirc when caly gives free ammo it is deducted from the CLD payout, so in effect all those free gems could be deducted from the CP deeds too

CP need to get their updates up to scratch, 3 month updates for a mobile game isn't good, the game has been broken for me for over a month

I meant CP as in Crystal Place.

But anyway, one of the first warning signs in Compet was the deposit functionality. I couldn't depo for a few months, as it took me to a dibs website in Swedish. I couldn't work out which box to enter info for my credit card. I wanted to buy a limited edition pet at the time.

I made numerous posts about how "surely" it was important to make it "easy" to deposit. It never got fixed for months. I still haven't check that to be honest, maybe it's still not updated. Now come-on.... if Ma were ignoring that most simple of ways to generate income, what hope was there.

For me any deed in EU is a promise to pay revenue (rather than a share in part of the game), that's why these deeds are very appealing. We haven't opted to take risks. MA are obligated to provide reasonable revenue, simple as that.

I only logged into the forum as someone told me a guy was selling 7500 compet deeds in a thread. My heart truly goes out to that person.

I still want to believe MA will pull their finger out of their arse and sort this out, so I'm just going to sit on my deeds for another year, and see what they do. Lets face it, they seem to have time to redesign the events every year, surely they can do something for compet.

All the best, I'm out of here.

Rick

recently some rare Monria pets got some ok level buffs in EU... Perhaps someday Mindark can make some uber pets with uber level buffs that you can only 'get' as a rare pet in compet and they you'd have to push it over to EU to get the benefits from it. Do that and I suspect revenue may climb a bit. ;)

An easy win.....would be for some rare pets in Compet to come with skill gain buff for say laser or BLP weapons for use in EU.
MA add another forest, paid to play. you hunt for those pets to sell to EU.

Or you need to loot something in Compet, to activate that buff for an EU pet.....come-on easy stuff like that.

There's tons of stuff Ma can do.

Add some crafting of sort. Like the TT explo in EU.

I tell you what would be really cool though, and sadly probably years off. Is MA create a new pet game, mini EU style. Pets digging for bones, birds pecking at rocks, different pets fighting wild animals and loot stuff, then compet is link to that.

MA are not stupid they know what needs to be done. Why they're not doing it is the bigger question. I appreciate they can't say much in a RCE game. But they can provide some confidence and say...this XXXX is coming. We "are" working on this..blah blah.

Rick

Last edited:
Back