Compet "Deed" Revenue starts 25th Feb 2018

It's the same for EU and revenue on CLD, although that works by decay.
If you sweated 200 ped, then decayed it. You got your 200 ped free from thin air, then decayed it, and generated revenue for CLD's.

You are wrong here.
To get 200 PED for sweat, someone has to deposit 200 PED.
At sweat price 2PED/k it would still need 100k bottles. That only 1 PED TT value, coming out of thin air.

If sweater gets money only from TT for his sweat 0.01 PED / 1k bottles, then you can say its out of thin air, but not if PED come from someone else depositing the PED.

Done some number calcs now, to try get a clearly comparasion. below.

ok lets do some comparasions.

Ark UG based on 5% tax.

40000 ped ($4000) of loot required, taxed at 5% = 2000 ped (or $200)
2000 ped divided by 200,000 deeds - 0.01 ped per deed

Compet based on 30% revenue

6670 ped ($667) = 100% revenue
70% for MA = 4670 ped
30% for deed holders = 2000 ped (or £200)
2000 ped divided by 200,000 deeds - 0.01 ped per deed

Now to make it fair as Ark UG originally sold at 50 ped and Compet originally sold at 100 ped
Then we should measure it on Ark UG only needs to make half a pec (or 0.005 ped) as 2 Ark Deeds are worth 1 compet.

Ark UG based on 5% tax.

20000 ped ($2000) of loot required, taxed at 5% = 1000 ped (or $100)
1000 ped divided by 200,000 deeds - 0.005 ped per deed

Therefore:
Based on exact peds invested

6670 ped divided by 20000 ped = 33.3%
The whole of Compet needs only 33% of the turnover of Ark UG to generate the same income.

Swings and roundabouts:

Sure there's much more ped spent in EU than in Compet.
But EU is massive and the Ark UG needs to attract players to that small part of EU.
When players play compet, whatever they do in that game contributes to compet revenue (i.e. just playing it).

But sure everything is risk. What do you think? Hope my brain calculator is working ok.

Rick

edit: I've counted Ark UG at 50 ped to buy not 80+ ped

Ok im not sure if i'm following correctly, but your saying that Compet has made $667 revenue per day for the last 2 years and is up there with AUD where it will payout the same rate?

If so, then why has it taken this long to make a payout to the holders? And why is the game still in beta?
Honestly i think Compet was and is a failure, they took to long with it....Just seems like a last ditch hype to retain the value of the deeds when they are currently not worth the digital paper they are virtually printed on.

compet dead..that rhimes..its all fucking dead..its a non sustainable universe..carried on by a few uber depositors..GL and hf;)
:dunce:

Ok im not sure if i'm following correctly, but your saying that Compet has made $667 revenue per day for the last 2 years and is up there with AUD where it will payout the same rate?

If so, then why has it taken this long to make a payout to the holders? And why is the game still in beta?
Honestly i think Compet was and is a failure, they took to long with it....Just seems like a last ditch hype to retain the value of the deeds when they are currently not worth the digital paper they are virtually printed on.

No, he is trying to calculate the revenue needed for Compet Deeds to pay the same as AUD. The numbers are just an example.

It's not a hard number to come by since AUD were worth half the price of Compet Deeds (at original price) and AUD pay from 5% of revenue instead of 30% like Compet Deeds do.

30%/2 = 15% each AUD
15%/5% = 3

An AUD needs 3 times more revenue to pay the same as a Compet Deed (at the original price).

Now, if you put 80 PED per AUD (current price more or less) the number gets a lot more dramatic. At 80/each Ark UG would need to generate almost 5 times more revenue than Compet to pay the same amount. People don't realize how huge a difference 30% vs 5% is.

That said, it's just meaningless math mambo jambo. We lack a lot of data, most of it actually, to do proper research on Compet Deeds.

Invest in them or don't, at this point it's a matter of opinion.

No, he is trying to calculate the revenue needed for Compet Deeds to pay the same as AUD. The numbers are just an example.

It's not a hard number to come by since AUD were worth half the price of Compet Deeds (at original price) and AUD pay from 5% of revenue instead of 30% like Compet Deeds do.

30%/2 = 15% each AUD
15%/5% = 3

An AUD needs 3 times more revenue to pay the same as a Compet Deed (at the original price).

Now, if you put 80 PED per AUD (current price more or less) the number gets a lot more dramatic. At 80/each Ark UG would need to generate almost 5 times more revenue than Compet to pay the same amount. People don't realize how huge a difference 30% vs 5% is.

That said, it's just meaningless math mambo jambo. We lack a lot of data, most of it actually, to do proper research on Compet Deeds.

Thanks nice thread. I've edited that now to make it more clear (added a title).

If we ignored price of the deeds, and just looked at what is take's to generate 1 pec.

$4000 loot must drop on AUD versus £667 revenue in Compet to earn 1 pec on each deed. That is a massive difference.

I just think Compet is new and has a lot more development to come, and I'm also (maybe unwisely, who knows), banking on MA putting in some type ped paid forest, or other ped paid non-PVP type battles to win prizes (like hunting mobs in EU). Now if that happens, then Compet is on a winner for sure.

Too much forum, catch you all later.

Cheers

Rick

30%/2 = 15% each AUD
15%/5% = 3

Ahh ok that makes sense then, i was trying to figure out where that number he got came from but couldn't find any info as to the revenue Compet had made...Thanks for clearing it up for me!

Cheers

Rick

Nice comparison with the underground there, especially on relative sizes and revenue requirements :).
It does appear to me that the huge difference in expectations is based on the accounting of 'free peds'.
If all diamond spends generate revenue at whatever 'diamond exchange rate' (varies on amount bought, or 'obtained' through mostly past activities), then the revenue pot may indeed look healthy. However, a peek at Caly's infamous non-payout week from Mayhem once showed up what could be called 'apparent accounting dispecrepancies' - and I am not aware that this has ever been publically resolved or internally adjusted!

Based on activity over at ComPet, then I don't see why it should not be considered as at least ticking over with active players, but I very much doubt that many true deposits have been made there. It might be akin to having a revenue stream based on a percentage of sweat turnover and not knowing whether it is tt value or mu which (ac)counts. But it's been an interesting discussion so far ...:)

Thanks nice thread. I've edited that now to make it more clear (added a title).

If we ignored price of the deeds, and just looked at what is take's to generate 1 pec.

$4000 loot must drop on AUD versus £667 revenue in Compet to earn 1 pec on each deed. That is a massive difference.

I just think Compet is new and has a lot more development to come, and I'm also (maybe unwisely, who knows), banking on MA putting in some type ped paid forest, or other ped paid non-PVP type battles to win prizes (like hunting mobs in EU). Now if that happens, then Compet is on a winner for sure.

Too much forum, catch you all later.

Cheers

Rick

isn't 4000 loot to drop around £333 revenue :scratch2:

isn't 4000 loot to drop around £333 revenue :scratch2:

What's your thought process?

Ark UG is taxed not revenue based. So $4000 of loot taxed at 5% tax = $200 which equates to 1 pec a Ark UG deed.

Well I assume it's loot based. Becasue if you dropped loads of probes and system returned zero, you can't tax zero return.

I start doubting my own thought process, when people give me that "what??" look at me....smiles.

Rick

edit: I think I know where you're coming from, you're taking into accouont 2 ark deeds for 1 compet (so halving compet rev). I did say ignore price of deeds, mainly becasue I'm comparing income per pec on those two deeds and not market value. The value of an asset should really be based on a return mulipler on earnings, but we're talking EU here where "sensible" market value makes no sense on many items.....hahaha.

Rick

Last edited:
About 1 week for the first compet payout, bumping for awareness.

:)

In regards for the state of compet today...
Has anyone else tried to play Compet today ?
I just cant find any players and i try multiple times / day :(

Really glad these are finally going to start paying out. Hopefully MA are good to their word and pays up on the 25th :D

My concern has been that MA has deliberately held back payouts all this time because the revenue was poor so i'm not getting my hopes up for a big pay day but we will soon find out.

Really glad these are finally going to start paying out. Hopefully MA are good to their word and pays up on the 25th :D

I think if the guy in charge said they pay on the 25th they will, unless something super critical happened (like the payout distribution system having some issue). Other than that I hope they pay too.

On the other hand, with MA you always have to expect the unexpected and adapt... buff stacking *cough*... heal over time *cough*...

3-4 days left, getting closer :yay:

I shouldn't laugh, but the 25th Feb 2018 is a Sunday.

So I will assume this will be resolved on the first working day, should the 25th fall on a Weekend.
That being Monday 26th Feb 2018

Not that I've seen Compet listed in the ped flow centre yet. Maybe they need to sort that on Tuesday 27th, since MA do prefer Tuesdays for updates for some reason.

There will be the inevitable fallout about it, but hey-ho a couple of days more is no big deal, should that happen.

Rick

Since they do say that its a monthly payout.. I would expect it on the 28th of Feb and then monthly after that.. but will have to wait and see in a few days.

SpikE

I shouldn't laugh, but the 25th Feb 2018 is a Sunday.

So I will assume this will be resolved on the first working day, should the 25th fall on a Weekend.
That being Monday 26th Feb 2018

Not that I've seen Compet listed in the ped flow centre yet. Maybe they need to sort that on Tuesday 27th, since MA do prefer Tuesdays for updates for some reason.

There will be the inevitable fallout about it, but hey-ho a couple of days more is no big deal, should that happen.

Rick

I still think/hope they will pay on the 25th. The system is automated and it is in place, the reason why you don't see the compet category is because you never received a payment on it.

Example: I never had a shop, so I can't see the "Playershop income" category in Transfer Center.

Anyway, we will see (it doesn't matter that much to be honest).

2 days left :)

Seems they paid... 35 pec for 1 deed for 2 yrs of revenue or was that just for the month of Feb?

SpikE

Seems they paid... 35 pec for 1 deed for 2 yrs of revenue or was that just for the month of Feb?

SpikE

I got 1.75 ped for 5 deeds.

Damn i just fucked up big time... I sold my 5 compet deeds for +86 ped when i meant to sell all 5 for 86 ped each.... it was sold at order, so.. i doubt i'll get it back...
[Dobrinia dobrii obrubshcik] bought it.

Edit: I heard from the buyer. He reverted the trade and I gave him a tip! Great guy!!

Last edited:

SpikE

so monthly payment for 1 compet deed is 0,35 ped (and this 0,35 ped was accumulated from compet deeds release, so next months it might be much lower like about few pec). Even assuming that each month payment will be 0,35 ped, ROI (100 ped which was initial price per deed) you will get back in about 24 years (23,8 years if exact). Not even talking about profit.
Damn, what a nice investment :tongue2::lolup::lolup:

Real price for 1 compet deed now should be around 20-25 ped.

Well, there you have it! ... Thanks for the debating beforehand - and sorry about the outcome!

SpikE

Nah that will be for two years and lets face it, do you really expect more than 2 pec a month per deed. Hardly anyone plays it, not alone pay to play it.

Wonder if the people trying to create fake hype and expectations (here and elsewhere) managed to make profit selling off their deeds before payout. Hope people were smart enough not to fall for that.

Condolences to folks who got in burned in the process.

Conpets indeed

I got 1.75 ped for 5 deeds.

Damn i just fucked up big time... I sold my 5 compet deeds for +86 ped when i meant to sell all 5 for 86 ped each.... it was sold at order, so.. i doubt i'll get it back...
[Dobrinia dobrii obrubshcik] bought it.

Give it a week and this might look like a top deal

deeds

talked to dobrin, he is wanting you to pm him ingame and will make it correct.

Now just need m.a. to do something to up payouts.... maybe put some rare pet in that u trade in for a key to get right to buy a deep token or something

Well since noone even responded to my post ill update you.
You still cant find people to play with in compet, so how on earth are you gonna get income if noone plays it :p

Back