Interesting Netflix series and movies.

Thorns Rose

Elite
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
New York Rose
I found through asking what folks are watching on Netflix or Amazon for series shows and movie ideas, I have found a plethora of really interesting tastes.

Currently, I have started this series and it was a suggestion.. to which I found super interesting.

Please share what you guys are watching and maybe a little description to help. :wtg:

( Please move if this is in wrong category mods, if you like)

Last edited:
My misses got into "The Originals", which took some weeks to get through. Even I started watching it after a while, it was very entertaining.

Then we ending up watching the Vampire Diaries, as The Originals was a spin off from that. We both found that aimed at the younger market for the first few series (I found it boring), although it did eventually get more ruthless and fast paced as the series grew.

Watched a lot of Walking Dead, but the pace if it is so damn slow, kind of gave up on it.

Rick

My misses got into "The Originals", which took some weeks to get through. Even I started watching it after a while, it was very entertaining.

Then we ending up watching the Vampire Diaries, as The Originals was a spin off from that. We both found that aimed at the younger market for the first few series (I found it boring), although it did eventually get more ruthless and fast paced as the series grew.

Watched a lot of Walking Dead, but the pace if it is so damn slow, kind of gave up on it.

Rick
I have yet to watch "The Walking Dead"..Ohhh
I did however finish "Vikings" up to season 5, which was phenomenal :wtg:

I enjoyed the All4 series that was missed by everyone at the time, until it was on Netflix

Its called End of the f***ing world and is a british comedy

So many great series on Netflix, can recommend mindhunter and manhunt: unabomber...currently watching peaky blinders...great thread!

Last edited:
Netflix

Stranger Things
Altered Carbon
Star Trek Discovery

Marvel's series on there are pretty ok, at least somewhat...

Jessica Jones (kinda nice seeing a Dr. Who as the main baddie), Daredevil, Defenders, etc... Oh, I guess you can include Luke Cage and Iron Fist in there too but both of those are uh, meh...

Really wish they didn't remove Dr. Who from netflix... The spinoff, Torchwood, is still on there as far as I know, but it's uh, well... hmmm... Entire Miracle day plot just was too darn slow and stupid... (even if it did contain one of the most interesting scenes I've seen on TV in a long while)

Last edited:
Peaky Blinders

So many great series on Netflix, can recommend mindhunter and manhunt: unabomber...currently watching peaky blinders...great thread!
Ohhh you have no idea how much I loved Peaky Blinders..that rates up there with 'Vikings' and I was so sad when I maxed it out.

Brilliant idea!

My favs are,

Designated survivor
Lucifor
Animal kingdom
Bosch

Last edited:
You've got to add this one to the list:

Black Mirror

Marvel's series on there are pretty ok, at least somewhat...

Jessica Jones (kinda nice seeing a Dr. Who as the main baddie), Daredevil, Defenders, etc... Oh, I guess you can include Luke Cage and Iron Fist in there too but both of those are uh, meh...

Really wish they didn't remove Dr. Who from netflix... The spinoff, Torchwood, is still on there as far as I know, but it's uh, well... hmmm... Entire Miracle day plot just was too darn slow and stupid... (even if it did contain one of the most interesting scenes I've seen on TV in a long while)

Season 2 of Jessica Jones is starting on the 8th

A lot of the good ones are listed already, but Shameless is awesome too.

Also, I know this sounds totally out of character for me, but there is a show called My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and the gf and I can't stop watching it. Give it a shot...after the second or third episode you will be hooked...at first I was like WTF am I watching, but it grows on you. It's goofy and has lots of pretty darn good musical numbers. We are almost at the end of the first season now and I love it. Wait til you get to the episode with the UTI song...we both couldn't stop laughing.

A lot of the good ones are listed already, but Shameless is awesome too.

Also, I know this sounds totally out of character for me, but there is a show called My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and the gf and I can't stop watching it. Give it a shot...after the second or third episode you will be hooked...at first I was like WTF am I watching, but it grows on you. It's goofy and has lots of pretty darn good musical numbers. We are almost at the end of the first season now and I love it. Wait til you get to the episode with the UTI song...we both couldn't stop laughing.

I have not watched Shameless yet..Good eh?
I know exactly what you mean about the crazy ex show, I have watched that. I did the same with "Naked and Afraid" I got hooked on it one day, I was totally yelling at the TV, ' What do you mean you can't find food? You are looking at an ocean you knob!" Was addictive.
:laugh:

You've got to add this one to the list:

Black Mirror

I actually started watching that too..Is super good! :wtg:

I'm into some east Asian stuff. I watched this one recently and liked it.

The series I watched and like:
Black sails
Lucifer
Designated Survivor
Marvel
Star Trek Discovery

Anyone know if fx's legion will ever get on netflix. Watched part of it on sling when it was on there but it left and we dont have sling any more...

I recommend to watch Dark, Godless ,The punisher, Daredevil great tv shows

Recommend:
- Stranger Things
- Altered Carbon
- Peaky Blinders

Upcoming:
- Lost in Space (April 13th)

Nice thread,
Chaz.

Recommend:
- Stranger Things
- Altered Carbon
- Peaky Blinders

Upcoming:
- Lost in Space (April 13th)

Nice thread,
Chaz.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Altered Carbon but I couldn't continue... However, I am also excited about Lost in Space I will start it tonight!

Watched Troy: Fall of a City while doing the enigma stage 1 mission. Rate 3/5.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Altered Carbon but I couldn't continue...
Why? Production quality seems OK to me. Too much political propaganda, maybe?
Anyway, the girl in the video is Reneé Elise Goldsberry who sings "Ain't No Grave" on the soundtrack. Considering the central theme in the series, that's a statement on it's own.

Last edited:
"Dark" its german show but have english audio, good acting and better than "Stranger Things" imo.

100% agree with this...here is the trailer:

Just finished watching The Office and quite enjoyed it, not sure if it's on netflix though (it isn't where I live)

For those who didn't lost their inner child... :nana:

Stranger Things.

stranger-things-poster-610x439.jpg

Go Eleven ! Go ! :girl: :tp: :boxer:

Back