What is the Ancient monument near Camp Icarus

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
What is the Ancient monument near Camp Icarus. I just saw it today and never noticed it before or at least I don't remember if I did:confused:

no picture ? ..do you have a pos on it? dunno what you mean sry...

yeah never noticed this before either personally, seems new, maybe teaser for some sort of upcoming content?

(pos in chat, click on image for full size)

Thats a pretty epic looking monument.

Wonder what is written at it? And my instincts are telling me there may be others like it in different places around calypso.

Thats a pretty epic looking monument.

Wonder what is written at it? And my instincts are telling me there may be others like it in different places around calypso.
Looks just like the ones in the cyclops depths mission chain.

yeah never noticed this before either personally, seems new, maybe teaser for some sort of upcoming content?

(pos in chat, click on image for full size)

Those are runes at the centre sphere and base of the monument. And planetary systems on top.
Anyone know how to translate saxon runes? Or maybe not saxon, but surely there is a translation to these runes.

Edit:
Anglo-saxon runes
Gift chalice hail lake
If i got it right

Edit:
Maybe this can help translating
http://www.vikingrune.com/rune-converter/

Last edited:
Those are runes at the centre sphere and base of the monument. And planetary systems on top.
Anyone know how to translate saxon runes? Or maybe not saxon, but surely there is a translation to these runes.

Edit:
Anglo-saxon runes
Gift chalice hail lake
If i got it right

Runes in the bubble confirmed, most ancient runesets are on wikipedia, hope to have time to transliterate it.
The letters on the pedestal however begin with what looks just like the Coptic letter Djanda, pronounced like English J. I don't recall that shape in the old rune sets. All 4 of the pedestal letters, if assumed to be from the Canaanite or South Arabian sets, spell GZHJ (remember the old Semitic charactersets omitted vowels).

If we assume they are FUTHARK runes and call the Djandja-looking thing misshapen G, we get "KWLA" in the bubble and "GZ?L" below. Dalecarlian runes would provide a few alternative interpretations including "KPLF GÖKL". The funky G could also be a funky D.

Anglo-Saxon Futhorc runes yield "auulæ gk?l" with no match for the pamphyllian-sampi looking letter.

I didn't find enough about Ulfilan runes to be useful.

Old Hungarian runes were slightly more helpful, yielding a possible "TAJI UZSRJ" with the ZS upside down and the rest of the runes facing the wrong way ("IJAT JRZSU"? I don't speak Hungarian).

Old Turkish runes yield maybe "ṅyqig dični" if it were written by a very stoned mind reaver, again with most of its letters facing the wrong way ("inčid giqyng"?)... yea, no.

I'm going with KPLF GÖKL as an acronymn because it looks vaguely Swedish to me. :eyecrazy:

... shoot, it could also be "URGU EKUG" in really old Ancient Greek. Would a mind reaver say that?

It says

"Big space update coming soon."

"Ha ha ha ha."

I got it

I GOT IT

... it very clearly says "NGATHF UHLUHTC"

This say: Don't wast your time to read this runes! Spend more ped's.

I GOT IT

So it is the CTHULU (Monria) interplanetary teleporter? :eyecrazy:

In other words: Dont hold your breath for a space update! :laugh:

I GOT IT

"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming"

So its linked with Monria? Why is it on Calypso? Is that the broken mission “tp back” sort of thing?
I am lost :D
I like cryptic things and all, bad at translating them but they are cool, anyone who know better, can explain?

Four different symbols?

There's a good chance it reads '2018'.

Or '2034', the year when something will come out of this. :laugh:

On a more serious note, the period in front of symbols likely indicates it's right-to-left.

The text in the first picture of this post is identical to one discussed in this thread:

side 1 inscription:
separatorsymbol.jpg
symbol6small.jpg
symbol10small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
symbol3small.jpg

Copy-paste or might this mean something?

Four different symbols?

There's a good chance it reads '2018'.

Or '2034', the year when something will come out of this. :laugh:

On a more serious note, the period in front of symbols likely indicates it's right-to-left.
As does the general tendency of most of the runes to face backwards.

As a side note, while sifting through special characters in a word processor, I noticed the Tifinagh has the same sort of aesthetic. Sadly its individual shapes don't match the inscription.

Is it not a reference to the old "dark Orb" we never knew what it was for ? ?

showimage.php

Last edited:
Well now we know what this is ... its the portal for the first stage of The Enigma Key mission chain.

Back