DeepToken sale starts in 3 days

You might want to read it more carefully, they only do so if they enter into a contract with you. Purchasing the tokens is not entering a contract.

And this may change without your having a say in it. This is the point of my enquiry.

I'm not saying this is bad, not at all. I've been ranting about the asymmetry between deposits and withdrawals since forever and that I wouldn't take it for a serious investment opportunity until that changes. What I'm trying to point out here is that these changes have implications you may not have signed up for when you just wanted to play a game. Swedish law has some peculiarities where sensitive information about fellow citizens is concerned (I am living there as a foreigner from another EU member). The US has a very special stranglehold over their subjects' financial dealings all over the world. And so on.

If you're money isn't dirty then what do you have to worry about?

it feels like either venturebros gets paid by MA to advertise it or he will buy a big bunch of it and will get burned heavily with it.
just a friendly reminder: remember ANY time MA set a deadline for anything. did they meet it? no. they never do. not even years later they dont. and cryptocurrencies is a very, very tight business where meeting deadlines and releasing stuff continiously matters a lot. MA cant do either of these. a week without notice in crypto is like a year in the real world. and years in crypto means dead coins faster than you can see. i dont see any kind of possible outcome where this is not bound to be a desaster regarding MAs way of doing business.
and that they say they burn tokens is nice but even if. you said its 100 million of 125 million in the ico sale as maximum. doesnt this means that MA will keep 25 million for themselves, no matter how many of those 100 mil get sold? that also means that they can liquidate their asset, that will probably be at least 50% of the total supply available on the market to make some quick cash. in my opinion MA is not nearly trustworthy enough to make this kind of big business

ICO start in 3 days and they are not even listed on a single ICO list website in the entire world ROFL !!! who do they expect to buy tokens, the usual milkcows from EU?

ICO start in 3 days and they are not even listed on a single ICO list website in the entire world ROFL !!! who do they expect to buy tokens, the usual milkcows from EU?

The concept of marketing is something MA is very unfamiliar with.

The concept of marketing is something MA is very unfamiliar with.

They are actually familliar with raising funds for marketing, but once the fund is raised, we are waiting for the marketing :D remember CLD, compet deed, etc lol

If they raise 10m or over USD they will open a real life bank that people around the world can open accounts with. This will speed up withdrawals for sure.

Some accounts you can only with draw once or twice a year without a penalty, others have a 30 - 90 day waiting / notice period. They can put what ever limits on it they want.

Speeding up withdrawals from EU to me means moving from ped to deeptoken not necessarily to cash.

6.3 KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER AND ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING
It is MindArk’s intent to build Know Your Customer and Anti Money Laundering (KYC/AML) assurance into the DeepToken capability set, so as to accelerate the withdrawal process and create greater efficiencies – both for the Entropia Universe players, as well as for participants on the IPX. This means that players may withdraw PED as DeepTokens, as opposed to fiat – which will drive the uptake of the token.

Last edited:
I read that the value of DeepToken will be fixed to Ethereum's rate against the dollar.
Is that in any way similar to Greece joining the euro or so? Can DeepToken really piggyback on Ethereum and automatically be worth more or less against the dollar based on Ethereum?
Doesn't it make a cap a bit irrelevant if that amount is 'part' of something else anyway?

By the way, I've got a cold and my head hurts, so my thoughts may be feverish.... but maybe that is just 'good timing' :eyecrazy:

So Mindark is going to try their new 'annual sale' but they havent even delivered or discussed with the people who purchased their last annual sale (eg avatar statue deeds) - it would certainly help with credibility if previous sales would be honored...

PS: Still waiting on delivery of features sold to me in 2011 (eg mothership sales, promised shields, torpedos, etc.)

I'd wait for an official statement from MA, being 'latest buzz', and a full all-account mailing...

Yes, it's for EU folk. Same people who buying statues, conpets etc etc.

:laugh:

Will they ever learn.

Yes, it's for EU folk. Same people who buying statues, conpets etc etc.

:laugh:

Will they ever learn.

and they expect to raise 100M USD xD, i think we gonna have a goooood laugh soon

according to the video, it has nothing to do with EU. its a patent exchange. so EU might just be part of it, maybe a small part

I read that the value of DeepToken will be fixed to Ethereum's rate against the dollar.
Is that in any way similar to Greece joining the euro or so? Can DeepToken really piggyback on Ethereum and automatically be worth more or less against the dollar based on Ethereum?
Doesn't it make a cap a bit irrelevant if that amount is 'part' of something else anyway?

By the way, I've got a cold and my head hurts, so my thoughts may be feverish.... but maybe that is just 'good timing' :eyecrazy:

thats not exactly how it works. you always look a coin against another currency / coin, so for example ethereum or bitcoin. if a coin is worth 0,1 ethereum at start of the ico (just an example) then it will be worth a tenth of whatever one ethereum is worth. now if ethereum doubles in price but deeptoken goes down to 0,05 eth then there is no USD price change at all. if then eth falls and deeptoken stays at 0,05 eth the usd price will fall. if eth rises, but deeptoken falls more %wise then you lose overall USD. thats why the whole market cap of all cryptos falls as much %wise as btc drops (usually) cos when the coin / btc value is stagnant and you can only trade these coins vs btc then their respective usd value will fall exactlx as much as btc dropped.

Wow this looks like a mess, US citizens cant even invest.(major red flag right there alone)

Does that mean that once the regulation comes down hard that US citizens could no longer participate in Entropia as well, since you are so eager to plaster Entropia universe all over it...even though it seems to be for something not entirely entropia related.. IP? How likely is the game going to be in the spotlight of authorities now?

I think this is a bad move, and risks everything.

Wow this looks like a mess, US citizens cant even invest.(major red flag right there alone)

Does that mean that once the regulation comes down hard that US citizens could no longer participate in Entropia as well, since you are so eager to plaster Entropia universe all over it...even though it seems to be for something not entirely entropia related.. IP? How likely is the game going to be in the spotlight of authorities now?

I think this is a bad move, and risks everything.

its likely due to the US not liking them

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/27/16046978/sec-ethereum-cryptocurrency-dao-ico-bitcoin-blockchain

"The Securities and Exchange Commission is taking an interest in the hottest craze in cryptocurrency, the initial coin offering (ICO), and apparently the SEC is not into the hype. The commission published a report on Tuesday advising that ICOs, or token sales, are subject to securities laws. It concluded that a certain multimillion-dollar ICO last year — the first of its kind — violated securities law.

https://www.ft.com/content/41326d54-2381-11e8-add1-0e8958b189ea 2 days ago

The US Securities and Exchange Commission said cryptocurrency exchanges may fall under their mandate and could be shut down if they fail to abide by existing rules.

“What the SEC is saying is, the rules haven’t changed,” said Barbara Stettner, a Washington DC-based managing partner at law firm Allen & Overy and who previously spent four years as an SEC senior counsel.

The tough language sent ripples through the volatile digital asset markets, with bitcoin tumbling a fifth over the past week below $10,000.

The SEC’s view that digital tokens are equivalent to securities runs at odds with the view among some issuers of initial coin offerings. They claim the tokens have utility rather than representing an investment, and should therefore exist outside the regulated financial framework.

looks like all ICO require SEC approval in the US
plus i assume if a bank is on the cards, they already have applied for licences to each nation and the US said no

Last edited:
thats not exactly how it works...
- thanks for the answer.

I went back to try and find what I'd read - it was in the sales part of the faq (initial value):

"The initial value of one DTA will be equal to one US Dollar. (1DTA=1USD) This value will be set at the release of DTA’s sale and will be tied to Ethereum from that point forward. Market fluctuation between USD and ETH will be the only market variability. "

That seems pretty unambiguous but it caught me off-guard and I don't know what to make of that statement.

Also mentioned was an MA share of 25 mil on top of the 100, but not whether the 25 mil is automatic regardless of how much of the 100 sell. Someone else has mentioned this question too....

I don't recall a deadline for the end of sales either, but could very easily be wrong - see head hurts excuse from earlier.

I still can't find an official link from MA towards this, other then their future plans announcement.

afaik anyone can create a coin called Deeptoken and pretend it to be MA's

"We're sorry, typical withdraw times is approximately 3 months. If you wish to receive funds faster, open a bank account with us!. Oh and we'll need your identity too, of course."

Pyramid schemes abound!

I don’t understand the Deeptoken stuff so won’t be buying any.

Not sure whether to transfer my current account from HSBC to MindBank.

I will give that some thought. :scratch2:

I am against this shit!lol meh... There was a dream, the voting machines that were ingame, a dream for players to deceide some stuff on where this "game" of ours will go...

Sad times ahead.. for some.:shots:

Robo

"We're sorry, typical withdraw times is approximately 3 months. If you wish to receive funds faster, open a bank account with us!. Oh and we'll need your identity too, of course."

Pyramid schemes abound!

They already have your Identity if you plan to withdrawal in any capacity...

At the end of the day this is just free money for MA right? I mean there is no risk for them is there?

They could ask for loan in bank but there are at least three problems with that.
1. is not free
2. hard to obtain it as being in red for many years
3. it need to be paid back in the agreed time (ops ..announced time, agreed time, delivery time and MA..)

They already have your Identity if you plan to withdrawal in any capacity...

They know that the name on my entropia account is the same name as the bank account to which I transfer money. They know the credit card information that I use and that it's valid.

They know the same as anyone else I transact with. But that isn't enough to set up a bank account. And that isn't all there is to a peron's identity.

I am extremely skeptical about this ICO, that has moreover practically nothing to do with EU.

It looks like an easy way for MA to raise money, but I hardly see the value of this token on the market...

Is MA even aware of the fact htat most European countries are banning the trade in cryptocurrencies?

Back