Easter Mayhem 2018 Preview

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
New Features

• There are ten categories for each of the gameplay modes, Defense and Annihilation.
  • Category placement is now based on each participant's highest combat profession (including Mindforce attack professions).
  • Category health restrictions are now soft caps. Participants whose max health exceeds the value for their assigned category (based on highest combat profession) will have their max health temporarily reduced to the soft cap value while inside any of the event instances.
  • Start timer for Annihilation mode -- participants activate a timer inside the event instance to begin spawning robots; the timer pauses automatically when a participant exits the instance.

Event Dates
  • Start: Thursday, March 29, 2018
  • End: Monday, April 9, 2018

Gameplay Modes
Solo Defense
  • Defend an objective from increasingly powerful waves of robot attackers.
  • Defense times are automatically recorded and displayed on the event leaderboard.
  • The top ten highest scorers (longest defense time) in each category win prizes.

Solo Annihilation
  • A random number of points (1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, or 5000) is automatically awarded after destroying one of the event instance robots. There are no longer looted tokens.
  • A 20-hour event timer automates tracking of time spent in the Annihilation instances. Each participant’s final event score is automatically recorded once the 20-hour requirement is reached.
  • The top ten highest scorers (most accumulated points) in each category win prizes.

Full event details, rules, and prizes will be announced several days before the event start.

Event CategoriesCat1Cat2Cat3Cat4Cat5Cat6Cat7Cat8Cat9Cat10
Highest Combat Prof.<25<35<45<55<65<75<85<95<105105+
Health (Soft Cap)120130160175190220260300340UNL
Max Base DPS34486074829098104110UNL

Originally Posted Here

A time tracker! wonderfull!

Cool, I've been looking forward to this info! Thx for the preview!

Shame I won't be able to compete in these parameters.

I've gathered the perfect setup for category 8, Xmas-style
Researched, invested, prepared

However now I fall in category 10, where I don't belong.

Last edited:
Cool! Bots! :yay:
Shadow is great for bots! :wtg:
You're in luck, I just happen to have a Male set for sale! :deal:

I like this new type of balancing/features on the new events, it seems fair, but one thing I really dislike, and ya could maybe get in trouble because making it pure gambling...

New Features

Solo Annihilation
  • A random number of points (1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, or 5000) is automatically awarded after destroying one of the event instance robots. There are no longer looted tokens.
  • A 20-hour event timer automates tracking of time spent in the Annihilation instances. Each participant’s final event score is automatically recorded once the 20-hour requirement is reached.
  • The top ten highest scorers (most accumulated points) in each category win prizes.

Originally Posted Here

Thanks for the new events style again.

Very well done MA! Little "quality of life" improvements like the timer make a huge difference.

I like the constant work on changing the events, keep it up!

Well well... this looks pretty interesting. Might have to log back in and try it out. A step in the right direction MA good job!

Still not sure how I feel about the profession level requirements though - not even sure why it's needed if there are already DPS and HP limits in effect. Why am I not allowed to participate in a lower cost per run CAT just because my professional level is higher? So the longer you play this game the higher your cost to play HAS to be in events? Makes no sense to me.

Perhaps a cap on the lowest CAT makes sense to keep it limited to new players only, but all the others should be fully open IMO.

I like this new type of balancing/features on the new events, it seems fair, but one thing I really dislike, and ya could maybe get in trouble because making it pure gambling...

Personally I think it's less like gambling now since from the sounds of it every kill results in points rewarded as opposed to previous events where it was a crap shoot if you even got points after a kill.

I imagine that there are checks and balances still in place to make looting the bigger point values more likely on the bigger mobs like previous events.

Gg MA I cant wait to See it in action :)

[*]Category placement is now based on each participant's highest combat profession (including Mindforce attack professions).

Event CategoriesCat1Cat2Cat3Cat4Cat5Cat6Cat7Cat8Cat9Cat10
Highest Combat Prof.<25<35<45<55<65<75<85<95<105105+
Max Base DPS34486074829098104110UNL

If mindforce is included as highest combat profession, then can you please add more high level mindforce attack chips to the game? As it is right now there are not a single choice of attack chip that are even near base dps of Cat6 and above... :(

Looks like an interesting event, hope I have a decent chance of placing this time

Still not sure how I feel about the profession level requirements though - not even sure why it's needed if there are already DPS and HP limits in effect.

Because there isn't really a HP limit anymore, which was one of the most hated things from the solo merry mayhem.

MA has to set limits somehow unless they want to do one cat batsim style. Basing a hunting competition on the avatars highest hunting profession is the best way to do it.

Unfortunately this event looks like another "you better have a high tiered unL SIB or don't bother event."

Why add prof requirement when prof only allows the use of higher dps which is also a capped metric?

Don't think I am in a position to compete...

79/74 hit/dmg prof
210 hp

:(

Why add prof requirement when prof only allows the use of higher dps which is also a capped metric?

Don't think I am in a position to compete...

79/74 hit/dmg prof
210 hp

:(

I'm sure a lot of ppl are in this boat though. myself as well just passing 75 blp hit. 218 hp.

bigger question is what UL guns are there that are close to 98dps with only lvl 80 requirement?
the dps doesn't seem to match the requirement lvls.

lc-300 is 89dps I think??? lvl 75 req. 80 to max?? could be cat 7 winner.... then again I'm only 62 ranged laser.

even limited I can only think of bc-80 and I think that's only 94dps.... also L which means u neeed about 10 of them to do 20hrs enhanced.

overall I like it. I stand no chance of winning, but I like the direction and tweaking they are trying to get too. ill do my 20hrs and pray for 5 5000chips and I can place :)

Solo Annihilation
Question: does this mean:

A

you get a random number of points after destroying ONE of the event instance robots.

-- as in 1 of the robot gives points (1x points looted per instance)

or

B
you get a random number of points after destroying A/ANY of the event instance robots.

Question: does this mean:

A

you get a random number of points after destroying ONE of the event instance robots.

-- as in 1 of the robot gives points (1x points looted per instance)

or

B
you get a random number of points after destroying A/ANY of the event instance robots.

I read it as each kill will get u 1 to 5000 points. but who knows. vague as always.

grammatically both are possible, that is why I ask this to MA

Well they say tokens dont loot so instead you get random points for each mob you kill in the instance, which is similar to how tokens worked before. Id assume its that

Well they say tokens dont loot so instead you get random points for each mob you kill in the instance, which is similar to how tokens worked before. Id assume its that

No, they say
you get random points from A mob, not from EACH mob

Hmmm....The Core Event has always been one of my favourites. I was hoping they wouldn't mess with it like MM, but I guess it was the next obvious event for a makeover.

First impressions aren't too bad and I will give it a go. Still don't like being placed in a fixed category. Max prof standing is not an indication of pedcard or gear :(

If they added a soft cap on dps as well, so people could choose their category....now that would be good.

Now to start shopping for the appropriate dps....

Ff

Last edited:
Damn!
I've been looking forward to this and now I find out I cant participate.
At 96 hit/dmg I must do cat 9 and that I have neither weapons or hp for.

nero

No, they say
you get random points from A mob, not from EACH mob

Yeh i understood but i think its fairly obvious that what they mean.

Damn!
I've been looking forward to this and now I find out I cant participate.
At 96 hit/dmg I must do cat 9 and that I have neither weapons or hp for.

nero

Well this is the easiest mayhem rules yet as far as who can compete so you would have had much less chance in any other event setup.

nice with soft cap on HP .. MA you should softcap prof standings aswell... You should be able to choose what cat you want to participate in!

If mindforce is included as highest combat profession, then can you please add more high level mindforce attack chips to the game? As it is right now there are not a single choice of attack chip that are even near base dps of Cat6 and above... :(

I am in this same boat , I have the level but the gear isn't there unless I am lucky enough to find L in quantity.

I am in this same boat , I have the level but the gear isn't there unless I am lucky enough to find L in quantity.

Would be nice if I could soft cap down to a lower category.

Cool! Bots! :yay:
Shadow is great for bots! :wtg:
You're in luck, I just happen to have a Male set for sale! :deal:

Seriously, Mac, this is getting annoying now. You don't need to spam every thread out there with some kind of promotion of your item sales.

Back