Easter Mayhem 2018

A simple solution would be a separate test-event on the events page, where no points are distributed.
Imho the instance timer should be unchangeable.

completely agree with the instance timer being unchangeable. completing 18 hours, then determining you need a different setup is (in my opinion) against the spirit of the rules. to me 20 hours means 20 hours... not 18 hours - change setup, 5 hours - change armor, 4 hours - no 5k points, finally 20 hours b/c are too close to running out of time in event...

A simple solution would be a separate test-event on the events page, where no points are distributed.

exactly how it is if you register from Cyrene.

You can grind all you want. No 20 hour timer to bother you :D

exactly how it is if you register from Cyrene.

You can grind all you want. No 20 hour timer to bother you :D

Did you just misspelled sweating into grinding ?:ahh:

that's kind of horse crap though. I can just calibrate my setup until I start with a 10k point kill. At this point I feel my setup is properly calibrated.

Do try that :laugh: What would you do if after 50 tries you would see no such magic drop? :laugh: In the +-33hrs shot so far I saw once a 1k. Once a 500. And, I think, 3 times some 250. Ofc none of them in the final run. Judging by the points droprate, yes a 10k would unfairly skew the results even for a very poor performer. But the chances for that drop to even happen I would believe are lower than the ul mayhem pieces. I very much doubt we'll see scores of 20k save for cat10 and, maybe, cat9 due to the unholy dps possiblities. The very low cathegories could again score some. But in the middle, where most of players and ped turnover is, I doubt. (but I am conspirationist sometimes).

If I have to explain myself, is very simple: I started with the hand deep into my ass, convinced I will go in there and then walk out, being severly unprepared. I started the event with a zombie L+4c, a submission cdf, a borrowed a104 and 800 ped ammo. I depoed a bit to open some boxes (30), because I was almost broke and wanted to finish the mission. Then, when I had some 6hr left, I hit a 4k hof. I was also beginning the prostanding 59, and at 60 there's lp-55, which is max default dps for my cathegory.

So I asked the support if I am allowed to restart and they said yes (since I already said this, I wasn't owning you any explanation).

In the meantime, profiters were trying to sell lp-50 which I was previously using even with 190%. So I had to look for alternatives. Incidentally I found a high tier gun and after using it with skill enh to compensate for missing HA, I got the idea to use it with dmg enh. Because I wasn't able to kill bosses before without being killed at least once.

Complementary to that, I checked what armour would allow me to survive the bosses. And yes, these I needed to test with +-1,5h runs each to spawn a boss each time.

Then I topped the hof with opening the next 80 boxes I looted to get skill pills and easter eggs. Complementary to that, i used mtokens to buy stims. It was my one and ever only chance to hunt at the top of my abilities. Otherwise, right now and for a good while is impossible for me to deposit 5-600$ at once to be prepared for such an event. Above what I am doing, there would be only full-time shooting dmg enhancers (which i won't do nomatter what) and full time using 15mg, which again I won't do.

If by reading this you still consider me a cheater and you in all honesty believe that in my shoes you would behave differently, then fine, be happy and have fun, lol.

P.S.: don't forget to do your civic duty and write a support case asking them to ban me :wise:

Last edited:
that's kind of horse crap though. I can just calibrate my setup until I start with a 10k point kill. At this point I feel my setup is properly calibrated.

I completed 20hrs without a 5 or 10k. I didn't stand any chance to win with my setup to begin with. but I'm pretty sure if I "calibrated" until I started with a 10k I would be in the top 10.

Im not saying you are trying to cheat, but can you see how some people would consider this an unfair advantage? And how some people could easily use this as a significant point boost?

This alone should be enough for them to remove the 5k and 10k pointers.
I'm guessing here, but I see winning scores to be somewhere around 20-30k points. 33% of that could be from a single loot. possibly more.

and just for laughs I finished with a whopping 7078pts in cat 7. I am only lvl 76 though so no complaints. simply not in the right position to go at it full speed. and I couldn't bring myself to chip down, even though that was most likely my best option.(which should never be the case)

I think u did ok m8, im also in cat 7 with decent gear cycling 1k ped/hr and with 1 hr left i doubt i will break 5.500 points. Had the worst luck on points, not counting bosses i had 2 "special pointloots" of 250 each.

You nOOb!!

You can't sweat robots! :wise:

:laugh:

Maybe a good ideea to be implemented for Mindark... since they already give free looting skills to all damn non-depositors, that others have to fuking pay for them (if you wonder why to pay is because have to actually kill the mob to get that skills....) :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

I think u did ok m8, im also in cat 7 with decent gear cycling 1k ped/hr and with 1 hr left i doubt i will break 5.500 points. Had the worst luck on points, not counting bosses i had 2 "special pointloots" of 250 each.

That seems a bit low, i guess it depends on how long it takes to spawn the boss? as they give a min of 250 points (as far as i can tell, but do correct me if they give a lower amount)......an hour? i'm not in cat7 so don't know.

Dps seems low for cat 7. That cycle would be optimum (or close to) in my cat, 5.

That seems a bit low, i guess it depends on how long it takes to spawn the boss? as they give a min of 250 points (as far as i can tell, but do correct me if they give a lower amount)......an hour? i'm not in cat7 so don't know.

it is low, I'm not expecting to win anything with 7k pts. boss spawned around 1 1/2 hrs on avg for me. and yes he did drop 250pts each time no matter which boss spawned.

and yes my dps was low for cat 7. like I mentioned I am only lvl 76 blp. so highest weapon I can use that is maxed is a bc-65. not even close to the 98 max dps for the cat.

That comment with low dps was about pechunter, not you. I just finished 5mins ago with comparable score, 7659. Gun at max dmg for my cathegory, bosses spawned at 1hr10mins, permanent pill (10mg or easter egg), imp ares. 0 bonus drops lol. Not even a 250 :laugh: But I did my best. TT loot or point drop I cannot influence. Gl everyone.

Yeah tbh i dont even know how to check base dmg on a weapon!?, i went with improved Omegaton 2870 T6 with i-a105 + fully dmg enhanced, and ofc pillz all the way. In hindsight the dps must have been waaay off since i had boss spawn every 1h45m. Oh well got some boxes and loot dident suck at all.

(Finished with 5301 points. 250p for all bosses + 2 x 250 from normal evis)

base damage shown on info page for gun

Any could share info on Cat 5 boss? HP, DMG and dmg type?

Also generlaquestion, is it worth 2 attempt2 get boss spawned = some items drop? Or points + shrapnel?

Thanks, Resnis

Any could share info on Cat 5 boss? HP, DMG and dmg type?

Also generlaquestion, is it worth 2 attempt2 get boss spawned = some items drop? Or points + shrapnel?

Thanks, Resnis

HPs are big, 2k to 4k. Three bosses type, Bia and Zelus are more like burn & penetration, Kratos is different, no idea on type of dmg. They have high dmg, in the 100s for cat 5 and also have area damage and debuff on hit (reduced healing). Didn't saw any item, but maybe there is a chance. But they're mandatory if you want decent points. They spawn based on your dps & number of kills, ideal situation is to spawn 1 per hour.

any idea of damage type in defense mode ?

Apr. 17 - Final event results announced. Prizes awarded in the following days.

i have a feeling we gonna see some dq's this event ;)

i have a feeling we gonna see some dq's this event ;)

I don't know mate, I didn't catch wind of anything particularly fishy - and in the grand scheme of things all the defense times seemed to be relatively balanced.

Let’s be honest, when has MA ever delivered something on time?

Hope the delay isn't just some time to make the rankings appropriate to their wishes.
I do want to believe they are using the extra time to expel all the ones who exploited and cheated.
Fair play. Yup.

Hope the delay isn't just some time to make the rankings appropriate to their wishes.
I do want to believe they are using the extra time to expel all the ones who exploited and cheated.
Fair play. Yup.

That is all fine and dandy, but at least inform your playerbase that your announcement will be delayed (when said it would be on the 17th).
Communication is key.

That is all fine and dandy, but at least inform your playerbase that your announcement will be delayed (when said it would be on the 17th).
Communication is key.
They don't care. Really sad how they handle such a golden game.

You know how it goes, same as usual, the people winning will be mentioned in the next few weeks, the prices then will follow in the summer or even autumn, business as usual :p

Back