Fair Mayhem Events

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
Fair Mayhem Events

(Christmas, Hallowen and Easter)

These events undergoes changes every years.
I think it's because MA try to makes these events fair, and that's nice.
They maybe also try to makes the game match to each player's desire...
Even if this is concretely impossible, since there is many diferents categories of players, and each of them wants something different... (I also think sometimes that MA takes wrong decisions, but I have to admit that when I read everyday's negatives commments here, whatever they do, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.. :grumble: )

- The first to do for sure is to fix possible exploits in these events, and PUNISH cheaters (no matter who they are, and whatever the huge amount of money they put ingame, they accepted the rules)

Cheaters are punished in most MMO, and when it comes to a RCE it should be a priority.

Everybody says on this forum that cheaters are not punished.. And where there is smoke there is fire.
I myself hardly believe that every winners of last Christmas Mayehm didn't use the "buff stack exploit" that we all knew about, but nobody has been disqualified.

This part is very important and maybe the most important one.
Because unfortunatly some peoples will always try to cheat, and I'm afraid they will always manage to do it in a way...
But most players just wants to play a FAIR game, respecting the rules.
And these players must trust the game, and they must trust MA.

- Secondly, in regards to current events mechanic, I think you know what to do, but here few ideas;

- Defense instance;

I don't think there is much to do, it's close to very good in my opinion.
Only one thing, the GAME should be OVER when avatar die.
First time I tried the instance, it was obvious to me that I should not die...
I was surprised when I died first time and see I can just revive and continue.
This could also avoid peoples to cheat that way:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?303278-Easter-Mayhem-quot-Features-quot

Maybe another litle thing, just make the object to defend unselectable, would be easier for players using "next target" :)

- Annilihation instance;

First makes the mission impossible to abandon, to avoid this:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-to-win-easter-mayhem-without-breaking-a-rule

For now it's allowed, and be sure alot of peoples do it, so if you don't, you have no chance to win.
I hope it will be fixed for next event since I don't want to have to hunt 70 hours instead of the 20 that was planned...

About mechanics;

Points are now awarded in totally random way.
I think MA did it for more players to participate the events, because before it was mostly gear/skills based and that means basically "money based".
Then it's a good way to go in my opinion, but I have to say to MA that things are not only full black or full white, there is some grey between.. :idea:

So I think something between both mechanics could be nice.

For example, why not award 1, 5 or 10 points (or any fixed amount of points) for each mob kill, and then few random ones, 10/20/500/1K (forget about the 5K one IMO).

Another one, maybe even better (peoples will tell their opinion here), would be to award the same fixed amount of points for each mob kill also, and let say every 25, 50 or 100 mob kills (you choose the number), you get a random amount of points.

Could be fun also to get a ticket instead of the random amount of points every X kills, then you go when you want to use them on a terminal to get your random points.

The amounts of points above are just examples, they should match together, fixed and random ones, to create a 50% skills/gear and 50% random/"luck" based event.

Voilà.

The idea is for the events to be the fairest as possible for the most players.
Then it's not 100% gear/skills based and not 100% random.
And this mechanics could be used for all 3 Mayhem events.

Addenda:

I edit this message to add this;

First I'm a bit surprised whith the lack of answer, but it's ok, someone started a new thread right after he read this one.

Second, I thought about the last part, and talk about it whith a friend.
And maybe the "50% skill/gear 50% random/luck event" is already here, or not so far anyway...

Because Defense instance is 100% skill/gear based. (anyway it's fun)
And Anilihation instance is "almost" 100% random.
"almost" because the more DPS the more kills in same time limit, so the more chances to get bigger points amount (theoretically).

I'll let the mathematicians calculate the probabilities.
Anyway we don't know exactly how the randomness works, maybe someone can kill 10 mobs and get 3 times 5K points, when another will kill 1K mobs and get a total of 500 points...
Maybe not...

Also, that's why I always believed that this kind of talk where we players try to "remakes" the game is pretty useless.
And maybe I should have stick to that.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The exploits(freeze time and predamage) and the easter mahem global bug(where you HAVE to be on caly to loot boxes or points) are typical poor programming and make it too EMBARASSING to invite real life friends to play. MA should really reconsider their style of operating. They are fully doomed to fail at this rate. ChaNGE PLEASE. MAybe get married - I dunno? :) GL though.

Oh nice post BTW OP!

Back