Has No one foreseen this problem with Looter yet?

The Abomb

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
I am bored relaxing finished a mission so figure I would sweat, read and make this thread on a future funny issue. :laugh:

The problem is and as much as I love to sweat while waiting to do something. I get skinning when someone kills the dry mob. While not super harmful (not yet) a small problem becomes larger when people realize that it's time to scale up this effort. :yay:

Imagine migration rolls out with how it is currently. I will waltz over to some Ubers hunting Eomon stalkers and start sweating and collect my skinning for free. No effort just massive skinning skills. So sweaters get some speed boost and find some hunters run at them start sweating their mobs and get skinning for free as they kill and sell the sweat for profit to them.

Every hunter now gets a sweater whether they want one or not. March sweaters march and get all that looter skill......

PS- If you aren't amused I am and at the end of the day that is all that really matters :cool:

Last edited:
welcome to MA beta testing

you know - nubees are thinking they are getting ripped off now

maybe they should have a chance too :)

welcome to MA beta testing

you know - nubees are thinking they are getting ripped off now

maybe they should have a chance too :)

Yea the mechanic of looter is a work in progress I am sure and of course the testing on their part could be amped up massively.

However whats stopping anyone from joining a big hunting event gather sweat from one mob move to next. Sweat one mob move to next. You can speed skill skinning (for free). Especially when you do it on massive mobs. Just speed boost run around getting your sweat on :laugh:

Just thought I would mention it before migration. We might see the biggest sweat groups ever. Maybe the hunters will like it if they act as a meat shield? Not sure...

PS- Everyone should have a chance but if sweating skills skinning faster than hunting that would cheapen it just a bit don't ya think? :scratch2:

Last edited:
Yep, I got a few very harsh responses to attempts to heal them at Icarus, for "stealing the skills" :D

I just got one word LOL

sweated quite a few eomon over the years... about time the rest of the community joins to crash the servers, lol. ;)

Maybe if we don't shout it out loud.. they don't notice? And will keep going to ola42?

(sweaters don't know you can get free health by entering and exiting the easter mayhem yet either)

Yep, I got a few very harsh responses to attempts to heal them at Icarus, for "stealing the skills" :D
LMAO hasn't this happened before? at Swamp Camp? Deja vu...

On a more serious note, sweaters, I think the main thing is don't get in the way of the hunter's shot. Other than that, what the hey! It's a game.

Depends how it works. If ,lets say, at current moment 3k hp mobs gives me 3 skinning skill points, if i do it alone or surrounded with sweaters,it can be annoying,but still ok,but if my skill points (my since i pay for them) are splitted between me and those sweaters....Shit storm is coming,even shit hurricane.

Well if sweaters try doing that at migration there is a much bigger problem.
On low levels Eomon simply do 1 hit kills, so the sweaters very likely stay longer at revive than skilling.
Next thing is the aggro range of Eomon, so if sweater gets to close he will aggro to many mobs, what easyly can kill a hunter, speak if hunter dies then sweater dies aswell.

If sweater stay out of aggro range (smart), just behind a hunter who does long range tagging, the hunter got an easy solution: Tag Eomon, stop shooting, jump into VTOL fly a few meters, tag fresh mob, when sweater is dead xD

Believe me, if some hunters feel pissed about sweaters going with them, they have options to get rid of the sweaters, so it is not that easy than it sounds :)

That would be silly when they can do it relaxed on ambu. I haven't tested, but I would be surprised if sweating and hunting give the same rhytm and size of skillgains.

If sweater stay out of aggro range (smart), just behind a hunter who does long range tagging, the hunter got an easy solution: Tag Eomon, stop shooting, jump into VTOL fly a few meters, tag fresh mob, when sweater is dead xD

Believe me, if some hunters feel pissed about sweaters going with them, they have options to get rid of the sweaters, so it is not that easy than it sounds :)

Yea but the sweater only needs to tag the mob as well. He doesn't need to stay there. Here is what I would do wait for the hunter to tag the mob it comes running in. Then I tag it with sweat soon as I get sweat from it. I now move to the next hunter. It's done! So what I want to do is tag all the mobs by extracting only once and move hunter to hunter so I can skill faster than the hunter.

Example- If 2 Ubers are by each other killing Eomon stalkers. I will tag one with getting sweat and then move to the next. I am getting skinning on both the Ubers kills and skilling 2 times as fast. :laugh: Dying would just give me evade and I would get skinning at the revive terminal then just run back out.

Also sweaters suicide sweat for skills so death is welcomed. The whole point of sweating is dying and running right back in there. Many sweaters are used to dying 100s of times a day before but now, NOW there is a lot more incentive. It's part of it so I am pretty sure you will lose your resolve trying to kill something that welcomes death.

That would be silly when they can do it relaxed on ambu. I haven't tested, but I would be surprised if sweating and hunting give the same rhytm and size of skillgains.

It's the same. If you kill the mob you get the same TT value of skinning as me sweating it. If i sweat every Ambu you kill than I skilled looter the same as you. If I move from hunter to hunter sweating faster than you kill I get more looter than you.

This is why I am amused :D

Last edited:
its happening already on small Argonauts. Since those skills were introduced i got trained numerous times and the trainer drop dead right next to me in order to gain skillups on all the mob that have hit him that i kill.

How come the Sand King spawn is not the new Boreas yet? :)

I haven't verified but entropiawiki says Rextelum is not sweatable.

Also, the Big Four wave spawns are quite far away from tp/revival.

Only lazy people sweat these days. Or wannabe traders who won't go far from tp either.

Last edited:

Isnt that a bad comparison with eomon?
The kill rate on the eomon (when stalking a good hunter) is much higher than on the ambus.

Isnt that a bad comparison with eomon?
The kill rate on the eomon (when stalking a good hunter) is much higher than on the ambus.

Not to mention the benefit of the skill reward of an Eomon compared to Ambu. Can't wait to test it run around sweating Eomon should be fun. Or how about Old Fred? :yup:

It's the same. If you kill the mob you get the same TT value of skinning as me sweating it.

How did you measure the tt value of said skill? Is impossible to be the same, the value (at least in points) and for sure the frequency is dependant on the avatar's skill. I doubt that you personally get much from sweating an ambu. Also chances are that a hunter would kill the mob faster than a success would arrive in sweating. Sounds like a fantasy.

Also, you talk as if this skillgain would be some sort of loot which, if you take it, I don't take it. Which is.. lol. Let them sweat, who cares.

How did you measure the tt value of said skill? Is impossible to be the same, the value (at least in points) and for sure the frequency is dependant on the avatar's skill. I doubt that you personally get much from sweating an ambu. Also chances are that a hunter would kill the mob faster than a success would arrive in sweating. Sounds like a fantasy.

Also, you talk as if this skillgain would be some sort of loot which, if you take it, I don't take it. Which is.. lol. Let them sweat, who cares.

It's not hard to test. Kill an Ambu you can read the exact TT amount now in the skill line. Sweat an Ambu and let someone kill it. Or Nusul etc etc..

Big mobs don't die fast so the bigger the better and I brought this up because it is amusing and it's unlikely they want it to function like this. However afk sweating and getting looter is a good way to side skill. Maybe you can just chip it out and sell to hunters at a premium.

From all that has been said here, am I right in assuming a situation that could happen, that when I teleport to a location & when I arrive I am in the middle of a group of big mobs.

No time to TP out again & I am not going to escape my inevitable edeath, well if I equip my sweating tool & start sweating the mob for a second or too - that will get me some extra skills?

From all that has been said here, am I right in assuming a situation that could happen, that when I teleport to a location & when I arrive I am in the middle of a group of big mobs.

No time to TP out again & I am not going to escape my inevitable edeath, well if I equip my sweating tool & start sweating the mob for a second or too - that will get me some extra skills?

Give it time and it'll be nerfed, just like the bot events were when folks insta-died at revive terminals to skill dodge a few years back.

Back