Buying: Buying Bulk Skill / Equip Buyout

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't think these players are toxic. I just don't think they want to sell you their avatar and violate EULA LOL.

You say you are buying skills and want to not violate ToS but you actually in secret want to buy avatars and say so in PM... you are definitely in the wrong here.

Either buy some ESI's and actually chip in or go actually skill like everyone else did here.

It isn't so much you wanting to violate EULA that pisses me off, but that you have the nerve to make a second post and pretend like you are going to follow the rules when you aren't.

You asked me in a PM to buy my avatar so I do not believe Captain Jack is wrong in his opinions or assumptions.

He also offered the same thing to a friend of mine when he inquired about selling him skills.

I don't think these players are toxic. I just don't think they want to sell you their avatar and violate EULA LOL.

You say you are buying skills and want to not violate ToS but you actually in secret want to buy avatars and say so in PM... you are definitely in the wrong here.

Either buy some ESI's and actually chip in or go actually skill like everyone else did here.

Thank you for the continued bump of my thread.

He also offered the same thing to a friend of mine when he inquired about selling him skills.

Fake news

Poker,

One of the most expensive assets in Entropia is reputation. You have rapidly destroyed what little you may have as a new player. This severely impacts your ability to buy/sell from other players. Entropia isn't like other MMOs. There is a lot at stake and most folks don't want to jeopardize their careers here by violating the EULA. That's been repeated several times here so at this point there's no point in event continuing to entertain that idea here, in game, in PMs, anywhere.

As for the "well rounded" skilling you keep insisting on. Let's cut to the chase here. You keep repeating this because you are wanting to buy the entire suite, every skill an avatar has, regardless of its value because you want the entire avatar. That isn't going to happen, as mentioned. So forget it.

With all of that said, 200k skills does NOT equate to 200hp. 200k skills CAN get you to 200 hp, but does not mean you will be a well rounded anything. A lot of my HP came from crafting and mining. They all intersect and just trying to make a buy post like this when you have clearly done no homework whatsoever, is not going to get you anywhere. For example, you shot down an offer over a lack of looter skills. But do you even know it's overall impact in the grand scheme of things? Does it really matter THAT much? Because if it does, you can always chip in the foundation skills that feed into that. If you know what they are. I was looter level 15 with 0 specific looting skills. If you chip in only looter skills, you won't get much.

You really have two choices going forward. 1) go skill yourself and actually take some time to learn the game or 2) make a legitimate buying post and LIST THE SKILLS you want.

Otherwise this derailed thread will remain derailed.

Poker,

One of the most expensive assets in Entropia is reputation. You have rapidly destroyed what little you may have as a new player. This severely impacts your ability to buy/sell from other players. Entropia isn't like other MMOs. There is a lot at stake and most folks don't want to jeopardize their careers here by violating the EULA. That's been repeated several times here so at this point there's no point in event continuing to entertain that idea here, in game, in PMs, anywhere.

As for the "well rounded" skilling you keep insisting on. Let's cut to the chase here. You keep repeating this because you are wanting to buy the entire suite, every skill an avatar has, regardless of its value because you want the entire avatar. That isn't going to happen, as mentioned. So forget it.

With all of that said, 200k skills does NOT equate to 200hp. 200k skills CAN get you to 200 hp, but does not mean you will be a well rounded anything. A lot of my HP came from crafting and mining. They all intersect and just trying to make a buy post like this when you have clearly done no homework whatsoever, is not going to get you anywhere. For example, you shot down an offer over a lack of looter skills. But do you even know it's overall impact in the grand scheme of things? Does it really matter THAT much? Because if it does, you can always chip in the foundation skills that feed into that. If you know what they are. I was looter level 15 with 0 specific looting skills. If you chip in only looter skills, you won't get much.

You really have two choices going forward. 1) go skill yourself and actually take some time to learn the game or 2) make a legitimate buying post and LIST THE SKILLS you want.

Otherwise this derailed thread will remain derailed.

You are wrong but for obvious reasons I won't state why :) Ill take option 3. Thank you again for another bump!

I would like to see his face when he finally manages to buy someone’s account but then realises he can never withdraw money from it even if he hits the jackpot... because your bank details have to match to a degree the information you gave when setting up your account.

I would like to see his face when he finally manages to buy someone’s account but then realises he can never withdraw money from it even if he hits the jackpot... because your bank details have to match to a degree the information you gave when setting up your account.

i wonder how all those ubers do it cos at least 50% of them arent the original owner of the account ;-)

Just a friendly reminder, due to the nature of the previous thread as well as the strangely written nature of this thread.

Avatar sales are against the Terms of Service and in cases of attempted avatar sale the buyer is putting himself at a huge risk of being completely screwed over by both the seller and by MindArk. I would strongly advise against attempting this, especially with lots of real life $ on the line.

Hey Darkaruki, just wondering, could you point me towards the rule that says that avatar sales are not allowed? If I remember correct I had asked support about it earlier (few years ago) when I saw another discussion about this, and they said that it's not disallowed, but MindArk just takes no responsibility if anything goes wrong.

So I checked the rules again just now to double check if my memory hasn't fooled me, and I read the following, in rule "6.1. Transactions between Avatars"

Please notice that transactions concerning payment for Virtual Items, including PED, outside the Entropia Universe often involve fraudulent activities. You acknowledge that any transaction regarding Virtual Items, including PED, carried out using any service or system other than one of MindArk’s Approved Transaction systems is at Your own risk.

So this pretty much says the same thing, MindArk does not disallow it, they just say that there are risks of fraudulent activities, and that if you do so, it's on your own risk, and MindArk is not liable.

So it seems to me that if he wants to buy an avatar, it's not disallowed, so he can do it without getting banned etc. I do want to tell this topicstarter to try & avoid it though. Looking at his joining date on the forum, he's new, so he probably doesn't know anyone, so chances look very big to me that he will get scammed. So my advise to the Topicstarter: don't buy an account, it's risky.
If he's still willing to take that risk, from my understanding of what both EULA & support say, it's possible. But MindArk will NOT guarantee him anything, NOR will they be helping him to recover his money in case he's scamed. it's solely his own risk, and MindArk cannot be held liable for his actions.

(In case someone may misunderstand my post, no I have no interest in selling my avatar, so don't PM me about it, I was only wondering where Darkaruki got his information, since both MindArk support & the actual Entropia EULA say otherwise.)

Last edited:
could you point me towards the rule that says that avatar sales are not allowed?

here:

14. No Assignment

You may not assign this Agreement or transfer Your Entropia Universe Account to anyone, except to the extent expressly permitted by this Agreement or if obtaining a prior written consent from MindArk. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Your Entropia Universe Account will be disposable by Your legal successors by inheritance subject to terms and limitations, as applicable by MindArk from time to time. Any attempt to transfer, give or grant Your Entropia Universe Account in breach of this ToU will be null and void. MindArk may assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to any other company, firm or person without any limitations.

Well, you can name someone in your testament and then die. That'd be legal.

here:

Well, you can name someone in your testament and then die. That'd be legal.

except to the extent expressly permitted by this Agreement or if obtaining a prior written consent from MindArk.
So again, it seems like it's not disallowed, because you can do it:
1. if it's permitted by that agreement, so if you do not break any EULA rules
2. or if you have a prior written consent from MindArk.

This actually proves my point that it is allowed. Just that you have to follow certain rules :) And as I said earlier: MindArk cannot be held liable, so it's 100% on your own risk.

I'll tell you even more, if MindArk would disallow it, then they would even be breaking the new European Law that is coming up on 25th of may, so starting at 25th of may they even have to allow it, no matter what. That is, if the person owning the account requests so. He has to send MindArk a request, and MindArk is obliged to accept it. (At least for European Citizens. This new law does not work for people outside the EU)

Because this new law states that the person itself is the owner of his personal data, data such as emailadress, usernames, passwords etc are considered personal data. The user itself is allowed to do with it what he wants. If he's selling that information, then that's his choice. An Avatar in EU is considered personal information as well, because everything that directly or indirectly can get you to a person is considered personal data. Since an avatar has a name, and that avatar CAN track you towards the actual user, it is data owned by the player.

There are many rules in that new law, but 1 of the rules is the right for data portability, which means that a person can, at any time, request a data transfer to a third party, and MindArk has to do this.

No real issue for MindArk here, because this only means they have to give the player the option to do so. MindArk will not be liable, they only have to give us the option.

Anyway, doesn't really matter much to me, but just saying, I don't think you guys can really bash on the topicstarter, because I think he's not doing anything against the rules. And IF there would actually be a rule against it, then for European players, that rule will dissapear in 2 weeks anyway :)

Allthough, I would express towards the topicstarter again: even though I'm certain that buying an avatar is not dissalowed, I would still strongly advise you not to do it. If you still decide to do it, then do know it's 100% your own risk, and MindArk cannot be held liable, you cannot ask them for a compensation. Not even with the new law, they only have to make it possible, they don't have to guarantee you anything. So my advise: don't buy a character, whether it's allowed or not.

This community is the best!!!
No one has a fuken clue who the poker guy is, yet, everyone cares for his well being so much that they suddenly cannot sleep or even take a shit. It warms your heart. Keep it up guys!

This community is the best!!!
No one has a fuken clue who the poker guy is, yet, everyone cares for his well being so much that they suddenly cannot sleep or even take a shit. It warms your heart. Keep it up guys!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Congratulations!
You are for sure the biggest ass to roam this forum!
With just a few posts you've not only insulted some of Entropia finest and fairest players but also managed to insult the entire Entropia community!

Let me give you one piece of free advice.
Best to not display your avatar name here on the forum and keep it well hidden!

I would lie if I would wish you the best of luck here, so I wont.

Bad things
It's a lot of bad things
That they wishin' and wishin' and wishin' and wishin'
They wishin' on me:cool:

OP tried to neg rep me "Harassment not OK"

But due to him being in the negative area regarding rep already it didn't affect my rep at all.

Just be aware of this buyer when dealing with him people... he seems to be a troll or just an absolute ass trying to violate EULA by buying avatars via PM.

He is probably offering to do it via paypal as well, so he can cancel the transaction once he got the account details.

No matter how small avatar or how little skill you sell to him, think twice.

OP tried to neg rep me "Harassment not OK"

But due to him being in the negative area regarding rep already it didn't affect my rep at all.

Just be aware of this buyer when dealing with him people... he seems to be a troll or just an absolute ass trying to violate EULA by buying avatars via PM.

He is probably offering to do it via paypal as well, so he can cancel the transaction once he got the account details.

No matter how small avatar or how little skill you sell to him, think twice.

lmao this is like a soap opera, man how can this be a priority in your life to even be on here posting this? Perhaps its time to step outside and breathe. Theres an entire universe out there friend, this is very very small in the realm of it all.

I've no interest in anything "paypal" so very simply put you are the only one continuing to Harrass / lie / speculate here :)

Thank you for proving the point of my neg rep to you.

Please adhere to the rules of the forum regarding trade thread abuse, not that the mods here give a shit about it.

lmao this is like a soap opera, man how can this be a priority in your life to even be on here posting this? Perhaps its time to step outside and breathe. Theres an entire universe out there friend, this is very very small in the realm of it all.

I've no interest in anything "paypal" so very simply put you are the only one continuing to Harrass / lie / speculate here :)

Thank you for proving the point of my neg rep to you.

Please adhere to the rules of the forum regarding trade thread abuse, not that the mods here give a shit about it.

lmao idd,

got the neg rep
05-10-2018 15:44
at that moment, been outdoors for 3 days straight so i've got all the air i need for today thank you very much.

if it is so small, please do yourself a favour and take your own advice, step out a breathe.

ty, gl with buying your avatar/skills.

Due to receiving multiple reports of this user engaging in or attempting to engage in rulebreaking behavior in private messages on the basis of this topic, and due to the fact that many players have stepped forward offering their services and advice in regards to purchasing skills and equipment, I will be closing this thread.

Please do not open another thread, as you have already made it abundantly clear that your only intentions are to engage in rulebreaking behavior.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back