Another enhancer thread - are they worth it?

itsJimmy

Young
Jimmy itsJimmy Kesh
Ok so I've been playing with weapons compare v2 and when I add enhancers including their markup and a breakrate of 2000, it seems like using enhancers are not worth it at all.

Am I missing something here?

nope. enhancers suck. all of em. before loot 2.0 the accu enhancer were worth it but now you just pay high markup for getting less loot due to the loot 2.0 change.
if you need more dps and a bigger weapon is too expensive you can use damage enhancer but they arent worth it imo.

Enhancers can be useful for events where DPS matters, basically a timed event like Christmas Mayhem or even the last mayhem event where it was based on looting points....the more mobs you kill, the more chances at points dropping. That way you can use a gun that is close to the max base dps and then essentially double that dps if its tier 10. Then add as many buffs as you can and you have a high chance to place in top 10.

For normal grinding though i don't think its very useful, but each have their own opinions.

Everything previous posters had said is true. Enhancers are almost useless outside of dps events. The only exception would be a high level weapon, I’m talking 80 base dps + (read not ma version of dps but real time dps) to where the cost of the enhancer would have the largest chance of being offset by the 10% increase per enhancer. Outside of that, no enhancers are not worth it.

if i recall right, i calculated the enhancer must be BELOW ~140% MU to have a positive calculatory effect on my everyday's hunt and grinding.
i assumed a break rate of 1 per 1000 shots, which is below forum assumptions, but matches my personal experiences better.
but i might be an unlucky fellow though...

since their introduction i havent seen enhancers below 140%, so none of my UL items are tiered (which costs a fortune on top, too!).

during special events priorities may shift and DPS/range/whatever is worth more than DPP though.

Enhancers can be added or removed in the same way as armor plates can.

Sometimes I want my weapon to use 'normal' damage and sometimes when there is a dangerous creature needing to be removed, it is worth putting the 4 damage enhancers on it that it has open slots for.

They are therefore definitely worth it, when you need them. :yup:

thanks for the replies, they have all been very useful.

They can be useful if you have a weapon that gets really good mileage and also making pretty good MU, with my setup damage enhancers break even if my avg MU is 110%

There is not only weapon enhancers :)

I can add some on my ImpFAP to make it 144 Heal/click, which is very useful in some situations.
Always have heal enhancers with me.

They can be useful if you have a weapon that gets really good mileage and also making pretty good MU, with my setup damage enhancers break even if my avg MU is 110%

are you referring to average mu of the enhancer? if so, where are you getting 110%? on the AH they dont come cheaper than 450% mu.

There is not only weapon enhancers :)

I can add some on my ImpFAP to make it 144 Heal/click, which is very useful in some situations.
Always have heal enhancers with me.

just referring to weapon enhancers xD

Back