Mindark Annual report 2018

nice to read the annual report in english...

Last edited:
Considering there is only 117 votes at this time on that other thread, majority of the player base either doesn't read pcf or do not care to vote. If you want to base the number of players off that thread then entropia is about to die with those numbers. So assuming that majority has been around for 10years is completely false. Don't think MA care much for the older players unless they are ep4 gamblers....they would much rather wait for those older players to be dormant for a year so they can confiscate anything in the account and either wipe some debt or give out as prizes.

Wait, if you do not login for over a year MA can take your shit??

This isn't true if you have deposited more than 500 USD. I was out of game for more than a year no logins. Character and login remained.

In theory yes...bec they are allowed to delete your char..and therefore all possessions(well the license to use stuff) goes over to ma....
What they do and if they do something with it..its up to them....

To the former poster:

It doesnt say anywhere within the "Terms of Use" that it is related to 500 dollar depositors..its a generell Rule that they can after 1 yr (inactivity/locked after 90 days ,delete after following 275 days then = total 365 days).

Also the rule were changed for like >1 yr ( dunno the correct date) but maybe you were treated after the old rules ( 2yrs) , also its not an "always " thing....they have the right...but its in their opinion to use it too

Terms of Use : point 5:

5. Account Inactivity, Account Ban and Account Termination

5.1. Definitions

The following terms referred to in this paragraph will have the following meaning:

Terminated Account (or “Account Termination”) means that the Account is purged and that You will no longer be able to retrieve its contents or to re-activate it to access Entropia Universe. Purging the Account means that, when applicable, all skills will be deleted, any estate deeds will be transferred back to MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner and the virtual objects on the Account will be exchanged for their Trade Terminal (TT) value. The aggregated value will be added to the balance on the PED Card connected to Your Account for You to withdraw if exceeding the minimal withdrawal limit of 1 000 PED. Any pending transactions involving a Terminated Account will be revoked

In theory yes...bec they are allowed to delete your char..and therefore all possessions(well the license to use stuff) goes over to ma....
What they do and if they do something with it..its up to them....

To the former poster:

It doesnt say anywhere within the "Terms of Use" that it is related to 500 dollar depositors..its a generell Rule that they can after 1 yr (inactivity/locked after 90 days ,delete after following 275 days then = total 365 days).

Also the rule were changed for like >1 yr ( dunno the correct date) but maybe you were treated after the old rules ( 2yrs) , also its not an "always " thing....they have the right...but its in their opinion to use it too

Terms of Use : point 5:

5. Account Inactivity, Account Ban and Account Termination

5.1. Definitions

The following terms referred to in this paragraph will have the following meaning:

Terminated Account (or “Account Termination”) means that the Account is purged and that You will no longer be able to retrieve its contents or to re-activate it to access Entropia Universe. Purging the Account means that, when applicable, all skills will be deleted, any estate deeds will be transferred back to MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner and the virtual objects on the Account will be exchanged for their Trade Terminal (TT) value. The aggregated value will be added to the balance on the PED Card connected to Your Account for You to withdraw if exceeding the minimal withdrawal limit of 1 000 PED. Any pending transactions involving a Terminated Account will be revoked

Hold on, how is it that they can just take your stuff away if they feel like it just because inactivity?
Like, we are talking that they can just raid your account at their own will.. lol I've stopped playing once for about 6+ months due to a hurricane, if that period was to be longer, they could've done this to my account?
Like, it wasn't even by my will that I stopped playing lol, reading this just shocks me

Like, we are talking that they can just raid your account at their own will

It's not your account. It's MA's account. It's not your stuff. It's MA'a. They can do pretty much what they want when they want. It's important for you to know that.

It's not your account. It's MA's account. It's not your stuff. It's MA'a. They can do pretty much what they want when they want. It's important for you to know that.

I feel that's stupid, when its your money you are putting into the game.. They'd be pretty much stealing it from you, IMO makes no sense they are allowed to do that

I feel that's stupid, when its your money you are putting into the game.. They'd be pretty much stealing it from you, IMO makes no sense they are allowed to do that

No it is not stupid and it is not stealing.

Accounts use server space, server space cost money. Inaktiv accounts are uselss, and cost only money.

Every company providing MMOs reserve the rights to delete inactive accounts, you find that paragraph in every ToU/EULA.

If played WoW for 5 years and then go inaktive for to long, your account there will also be deleted, without even a refund.

Hold on, how is it that they can just take your stuff away if they feel like it just because inactivity?
Like, we are talking that they can just raid your account at their own will.. lol I've stopped playing once for about 6+ months due to a hurricane, if that period was to be longer, they could've done this to my account?
Like, it wasn't even by my will that I stopped playing lol, reading this just shocks me

Yes..shocked me 2 that they did put this time in half....as several stated..its legit....but for me and others also its a kind of trust loosing in Entropia...some also have put some assets away,cashed out a bit etc...bec of this...

{{When you invest some money in a landarea because you love the game, or bigger things etc,put some in for other reasons...you want it to be on a safe side..and this and other things like free will devaluing things are loosing or lessening this trust}}

{{many ppl say " put only in what you can afford to loose"
But some players are >7+ yrs here and depoed a lot over the yrs, some have 50k + Dollar in Eu...i dont think they wanted it lost too..}}

Eddie

Last edited:
No it is not stupid and it is not stealing.

Accounts use server space, server space cost money. Inaktiv accounts are uselss, and cost only money.

Every company providing MMOs reserve the rights to delete inactive accounts, you find that paragraph in every ToU/EULA.

If played WoW for 5 years and then go inaktive for to long, your account there will also be deleted, without even a refund.

What server space ? 10 Kb of .txt file in which u can store info about all skils and items ?

if there is no difference between men and women, why the 90% of the total post in this thread are about that???
---------
compet did damaged a lot the whole universe, thats a fact, made people quit, complain, wasted a lot of resources that if they was directed somewhere else whould had be better, but it happened. There is no gain without risk, but with risk there are also big losses.
-----------
I've never heard of a deleted account or objects and certificates removed from anyone. But I have often heard of players who have returned after a couple of years without having disappeared from their account. on the other hand, a player who leaves the game makes cash out and mindark is aware of it. The year of inability clause is simply due to the fact that many certificates and assets, even if owned by the individual, are used by many players and therefore on extreme occasions the system may need to regain possession.
That I know has never happened and on many occasions it should have happened.
If a player does not cash out, or does not intend to leave the game or does not care about the content of his account, in both cases it is not a threat to the company. what is actually a danger to the game is the rich player who believes he can do whatever he wants because he holds a lot of assets and money.
I see a lot of players threatening to cash out all the money if they do not get any profit every time they go hunting. the richer the player the more his threats become heavy, sometimes involving the entire forum but the thing they have in common and that 90% of the time are threats dictated by pure selfishness. Mindark must take care of many players, not of only a few, and they do well not to be influenced by threats and sometimes to incur losses to get rid of a player who is a burden on the community.

almost 10years gone ... account was still intact when i returned

there is a big difference between a company reserving the right to do something and actually enforcing it.

almost 10years gone ... account was still intact when i returned

there is a big difference between a company reserving the right to do something and actually enforcing it.

You still had all yourstuff in your inventory from when you left? :scratch2:

yes all my stuff (as far as i could remember) was still there

That said it was all mostly generic stuff (except a few old tt items that made my comback easier^^)

They dont delete your account untill you accept the new TOS. Because that would be against the law. After you accept it, then there are new rules - that means they can delete it after 365 days of inactivity.

They dont delete your account untill you accept the new TOS. Because that would be against the law. After you accept it, then there are new rules - that means they can delete it after 365 days of inactivity.

nope it doesnt work like that, as long as u "cannot" not accept the new rules. That would be binding only and if only they would have allowed you to reject the new rules while still logging and managing the assets u payed for. So if u have valuable, and game is still alive, u should not worry about it, any legal conflict will go at customer favour. Also but not last, the only way you can lose ur money is by company failure, even if u created after the new eula as long theyre entire system is advertised the way it is, they can try put it in theyre eula so they can declare the money differently in theyre annual statement, still they are just trying a shady way at the limit of legality to pay less taxes as many companies do. I firmly believe that if they change the 6month part on the Eula, cutting it off and specifying the sort of items that may be issues to them that will be auctioned and removed they would be doin themself a favour. As long as the money invested ingame would become 5xtimes bigger due to customer perception.
Many countryes have a different way to handle foreign currency hold, but they all force people to declare them only when the collected amounth is about around 15kdollars. They just have to declare those money as user holdings and they wont be paying taxes on it, specifying to the user that he may need to declare those money to theyre respective tax system, reducing theyre liability towards that.

Ur money is safe dont worry, ur assets are valuable, ur risk is along with mindark, if u get arrested just bother to send them a letter to be safe, if u get lifetime jail, well ur problem are others, if u die, make sure ur family knows u hold assets inside the game, so they can claim it.

The ingame money and assets are yours and yours only, mindark behave and act according to that, they are very careful when its about player belongings and they do respect clear evidence of agreement between players, they instead do not take action when agreement are not clear. So make sure when u do a trade with another player u state every part of it and make clear compose message with agreement with the other part, something that can clearly show an agreement took place.

Last edited:
Back