PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: What year did you first join PE/EU?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2003, way back when PE was brand spanking new!

28 12.02%

27 11.59%

44 18.88%

33 14.16%

20 8.58%

18 7.73%

2 0.86%

11 4.72%

10 4.29%

2 0.86%

8 3.43%

3 1.29%

4 1.72%

10 4.29%

3 1.29%

3 1.29%
  • I can't remember

1 0.43%
  • I don't care

2 0.86%
  • I just want to vote

2 0.86%
  • I don't want to vote

2 0.86%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edgewise
    Blog Entries
    Images

When did you first join Entropia? (Project Entropia, or Entropia Universe?)

Edit:
    If you started before 30th of January 2003, the official launch, please select 2003 in the poll

Errrrrrr I messed up the poll.. I typed 2019 instead of 2009 in the middle of the poll answers... I just need to find out how to edit the poll lol

Posting a poll as I am curious to see how many people are still active from the days when feffoids were being abused outside camp phoenix, atroxes were trapped around the oil rig, umbranoids roamed the woods and had little settlements/villages

Please reply to the poll which year you first joined Entropia,

also you can post your most loved memory of Entropia!

Let's get the nostalgia overflowing!

I'll start:

I started in 2004 as far as I can remember.. That avatar does not exist any longer as I had MA remove it and made a new one from scratch in 2007.

My strongest memory from Project Entropia would be the octagon in Twin Peaks ( "@ Boxes" too! ) as well as the one at Corinth, and Billy's.

I also remember the atroxes outside Corinth on the beach strongly, as I used to help a friend hunt them.

One especially fond memory is hunting Kreltins with Mann Mph but I can not remember what year that was. I think 2005. Way before creatures could avoid taking damage.. or reg their health

For those who joined more recently, I understand that all the above sounds mental
    Last edited by LangeTobias; 06-03-2018 at 13:00.
    If the stuff that comes out of my mouth upsets you, just think of all the things I keep to myself.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    i joined February 9th, 2002.

My first avatar was male and i realized that all clothes and armors drop 50:50 male:female, but most avatars were male, so male stuff was (still is) more expensive.

since i didnt deposit any money in the beginning, i could leave the first avatar behind and recreated Orion as a female days after Gold VU4.2, a decision i do not regret.
    else i had to stare on a male butt for over 16 years now...

i remember how Eudoria first was only THIS small square map:

Hadesheim didnt exist yet. when the grey spot on map showed up one VU i went there, because i was close and wanted to look what is new there. but as soon as i entered the area i rubberbanded ("to rubberband"! a VERY common term back then! ) back to my starting point again.

my strongest memories are my endless wanderings from TP to TP and even walking around just for fun, because the completely handmade landscape (nothing was procedural!) was so unique and beautiful and advanced for 2002.
    Last edited by Orion; 06-03-2018 at 14:55.
    The +1 PED Shop: /wp [Calypso, 34282, 48134, 111, Genesis Star Tower B, Block B, Shop #4]
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_orion.jpg

Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    See my signature

There was some article in a dutch magazine about Project Entropia and the possibilities of a real cash economy. That got me interested and not long after i created my account.

I like the community feeling those days, most people knew each other and the old forum, just all in one place. It's al so spread out nowadays...
    Account Created 2006-03-03

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    March 2004. Spiral mountain was the most impressive in the old days.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

My first avatar was male and i realized that all clothes and armors drop 50:50 male:female, but most avatars were male, so male stuff was (still is) more expensive.

since i didnt deposit any money in the beginning, i could leave the first avatar behind and recreated Orion as a female days after Gold VU4.2, a decision i do not regret.

Hadesheim didnt exist yet. when the grey spot on map showed up one VU i went there, because i was close to look what is new there, but as soon as i entered the area i rubberbanded ("to rubberband"! a VERY common term back then! ) back to my starting point again.

my strongest memories are my endless wanderings from TP to TP and even walking around just for fun, because the completely handmade landscape (nothing was procedural!) was so unique and beautiful and advanced for 2002.
    Ahh, yes the swamp behind port atlantis.. where the strong allophyl towered above it.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edgewise
    Blog Entries
    Images

Hadesheim didnt exist yet. when the grey spot on map showed up one VU i went there, because i was close to look what is new there, but as soon as i entered the area i rubberbanded ("to rubberband"! a VERY common term back then! ) back to my starting point again.

Hoooooly moooooly that picture of the TP interface gave me such a huge nostalgiatrip, and the map itself!

I had soo many clothes from Hadesheim when it finally opened for the public... Clothes vendor
    If the stuff that comes out of my mouth upsets you, just think of all the things I keep to myself.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    2004 here i didn't deposit till 2016 (for pills)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    my strongest memories are my endless wanderings from TP to TP and even walking around just for fun
    Yes, and there was no other option for noobs to get the TP's other then TP-running. I feel sorry for the ones started after vehicles came out. The TP-running (and frustration) is one of my strongest memories... the real exploring feeling.
    Account Created 2006-03-03

Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Anita Ely Meredith
    Society
    Infamous
    Hi All

I joined in July 2008. I agree with the sentiment already expressed that one of my favourite things was running in search of TP points. And I have very fond memories of the swamp at PA with all the high level players and their enormous pets helping out the new players and showing us the ropes. Yes, very fond memories

One other real stand out moment for me was also at the swamp and that was when MegaVolt completed his sweating skill point challenge. I just happened to be there at the time and felt very honoured to have witnessed it - it felt like a real moment.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKanjo View Post
    Yes, and there was no other option for noobs to get the TP's other then TP-running. I feel sorry for the ones started after vehicles came out. The TP-running (and frustration) is one of my strongest memories... the real exploring feeling.
    Totally agree!
    I used to run with a) soc mates, b) organised groups or c) calypso rescue team (If I got stuck).

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast