Entropia Universe 15.17.0 Release Notes

I'm missing something here? What's the purpose of being solo in a Team setting anyway?

I think Hans has it right - the ability to get a detailed loot log and a team target distance on space mobs, for example.
Hans suggests implementing this without the team element by different programming, so that indeed there may be little point in being solo in a team.

Edit: Oh, and ty MA for catching the comment that 'available everywhere' for the Mayhem events was not accurate. At least the rules now state access can be from any planet, which is clear, even though I'd have preferred access from an MS or station in space too...

I'm missing something here? What's the purpose of being solo in a Team setting anyway?

Don´t know if it happened to you, but it already happened to me!

Scenario:
2 Hunters in Team, one of it CTD the moment the mob is dead (befor looted).
Suddenly you are alone in the team, can´t loot the mob.
If your hunting mate need to long to get back into game, the mob will disapear unlooted.

Other reasons already mentioned (loot tracking in chat log)

2 Hunters in Team, one of it CTD the moment the mob is dead (befor looted).
Suddenly you are alone in the team, can´t loot the mob.

Historically, it's been solved by asking a friend or socmate to join your team so you can loot it. (But, yes, kind of annoying.) Long time ago, someone explained somethi8ng like, it had happened abuse where team leader kicked all team and got the loot; maybe it was tied to some other loot rule like "queue" and that's why it can be removed.

never thought I would say this but ..... good job MA team ....

New Features

• Input (Paul's note: "input" in MindArk language = MONEY) spent on explosive destructibles (Paul's note: "explosive destructibles"= explosive projectiles, i guess) that damage an enemy now contribute to loot returns.

I am surprised that this "explosive" announcement hasn't been clarified yet :

to me it might mean that the money spent by a player to buy explosive projectiles BY AUCTION, or EVEN to CRAFT them (!) , will be involved into the loot calculations (!!!)

A word by MindArk officials would be appreciated, since -if i am right- the consequences will be revolutionary.

So far MindArk has stated that money spent on auctions wasn't included into the loot calculations.
MAYBE something has changed, including perhaps even the money spent to craft explo projectiles (!?)

Let's wait for clarifications from MindArk officials :)

Paul

Last edited:
I am surprised that this "explosive" announcement hasn't been clarified yet :

to me it might mean that the money spent by a player to buy explosive projectiles BY AUCTION, or EVEN to CRAFT them (!) , will be involved into the loot calculations (!!!)

A word by MindArk officials would be appreciated, since -if i am right- the consequences will be revolutionary.

So far MindArk has stated that money spent on auctions wasn't included into the loot calculations.
MAYBE something has changed, including perhaps even the money spent to craft explo projectiles (!?)

Let's wait for clarifications from MindArk officials :)

Paul

"Input spent on explosive destructibles that damage an enemy now contribute to loot returns."
Means that now when you run robot beacons and you shoot lasers/beams/barrels/shit instead of getting scammed that ammo spent on those stuff will count somehow to your loot returns.

"Input spent on explosive destructibles that damage an enemy now contribute to loot returns."
Means that now when you run robot beacons and you shoot lasers/beams/barrels/shit instead of getting scammed that ammo spent on those stuff will count somehow to your loot returns.

Lol ok, thanks

...no revolution on explosive projectiles for now :)

Paul

New Features
  • It is now possible to loot creatures when alone in a team.

• Nope, doesn't work, with either setting. Would be nice. Also please make sure when alone in team you still get the

[Team]: Xen received [Shrapnel] (21510).

type messages.

this discussion about leeching is incorrect.

Say someone loots a 40k pedder, and afterwards the lootpool at that mob/area feels 'dead'. Are you going to claim he's leeching? Are you saying he's putting other ppl at a disadvantage?

No, this is incorrect.
Yes, past loot may impact other players, but it is not leeching.

If player A does 50dmg, and player B does 100dmg, player A should get 33% of the loot and player B 66% of the loot.

IT SHOULD NOT MATTER HOW YOU DID THE DAMAGE

It should not matter whether it is with buffs, higher weapons, fire chip, a few lucky crits, or whatever.

damage should equal returns
If you are able to do cheap damage, good for you.
If not, work your way up.

That is your point of viev and i respect that, i can even understand were you comming from and your arguments are all valid.

However nothing is really black and white, i like the change because it take away a lot of pressure to put immense ammounts of money into entropia just to survive. People with med efficency weapons will still contribute some peds to the ones with high efficency and occasional hunters will never reach the looter profession levels that hardcore grinders will reach wich is also shifting some peds towards the super geared cookie cutter heavywight champions of entropia. Also , the high efficency people also put in the most peds per minute and will still get the biggest part of ESI and other goodies dropping from the shared mobs.

Non competetive players wich are the majority in entropia will also never get in the top ranks of all those mayhems , those loots and the prices for the mayhem token are still exclusive to the heavy grinders. After all, yes mindark took an advantage for super eco players on shared mobs away but i dont think the system in general is now broken.

I love team hunts and shared mobs and i feel now more confident and at ease to participate in some old freds on the next migration. Mindark need to keep everyone happy and thats a hard job , i believe they found a good middle ground for the moment. As i said i get the point of people who liked the old system more but i dont think its so bad at all.

Post Entropia Universe 15.17.0 Release Notes
New Features
It is now possible to loot creatures when alone in a team.

It has been 1.5 years and this still does not work (except shared loot mobs).

It has been 1.5 years and this still does not work (except shared loot mobs).

And it won't ever work. I mean MindArk surely doesn't want everybody see their loot in great detail that can be grepped from the chat-log and so on. A team's loot is only there to avoid any law suit actions as to how "unfair" loot distribution in a team is. If they'd turn that on all miners and crafters would raise their voice as they truly want their loot in the logs, too.

Do I want loot listed in chat? Yes, I do. And I want that without the urge to be in a team, alone or not.

And it won't ever work. I mean MindArk surely doesn't want everybody see their loot in great detail that can be grepped from the chat-log and so on. A team's loot is only there to avoid any law suit actions as to how "unfair" loot distribution in a team is. If they'd turn that on all miners and crafters would raise their voice as they truly want their loot in the logs, too.

Do I want loot listed in chat? Yes, I do. And I want that without the urge to be in a team, alone or not.

They listed it as a feature so I will assume they meant for it to work. So support case sent.

Disable “Loot Window” and the items with tt value are listed at the top left of your screen. But ok..

Disable “Loot Window” and the items with tt value are listed at the top left of your screen. But ok..

Which is only readable with OCR, but ok...

The information is still available and there are ways to track it.
MA is not trying to hide it.
There are much more important issues to address than being able to hunt alone in a team when you are not part of a team.

There are much more important issues to address than being able to hunt alone in a team when you are not part of a team.

how about fixing what they say that have done first.... and this would outdate a lot of the recent bugs.....

I wasn't the one that said they are trying to hide it. However they listed it as a feature and it doesn't work, so it's another thing to fix. Everyone has different things that are important to them.

I would also much prefer a "Loot" chat channel I can put in its own tab and review when so inclined. Loot text is an improvement on loot windows for me (the loot windows were lovely for the first few months, don't just discard the option...) but most of the time I don't care what that loot text is saying, and when I do care, I'd much rather just go review a chat tab.

Back