Shared Loot Changes

I hope I get this right now...

so if I shoot in the wave of the Sandking

and I do 10% of the total damage on this mob.

with a good setup, that costs me around 360 ped
If the Sandking is more then 3600 ped, I profit, if it is less, I loose.

logical, right?

but according to all these new theories,
if a friend does 5% of the damage

and with his bad setup it costs him 500 ped to do so
Then he gets more loot then I do.... correct?

Yea rumor has it if you slap on an Opalo you get the same returns as IMK2 now. So all those ubers shooting with 200 ped costs are just fattening up that Opalo guy with his 2 ped cost. Pretty sure if it's a breakeven kill he will get 2 PEDS BACK! This is a damn outrage. How can those people survive fattening up that noob with his own contribution!

take from the rich to give it the poor? where do you give the poor anything when everyone has equal loot return tt wise? you even listen to yourself sometimes?
so you rather want that state of the game back where a few people were milking the game dry with a high turnover and 110% + tt return? that will surely help the game to survive lol.

ill summarize:

MA tries to change the loot to help them survive
they change it so that good items with high efficiency give you better tt return (up to 7%).
they change it so that skills matter and give you better tt loot (looter professions)

and now you say the rich now pay the poor? that doesnt make any kind of fucking sense.

Yea rumor has it if you slap on an Opalo you get the same returns as IMK2 now. So all those ubers shooting with 200 ped costs are just fattening up that Opalo guy with his 2 ped cost. Pretty sure if it's a breakeven kill he will get 2 PEDS BACK! This is a damn outrage. How can those people survive fattening up that noob with his own contribution!

you 2 are missing the point mentioned earlier on.
on shared mobs, according to MA:
Optimal loot is calculated based on the performance of all avatars involved in the creature kill

which equals in better loot for the noobs, because big guys joined on the shared mob.

= reverse leeching

shut up and shoot ... it makes more sense now than ever before :D

Reactions: San
I hope I get this right now...

so if I shoot in the wave of the Sandking

and I do 10% of the total damage on this mob.

with a good setup, that costs me around 360 ped
If the Sandking is more then 3600 ped, I profit, if it is less, I loose.

logical, right?

but according to all these new theories,
if a friend does 5% of the damage

and with his bad setup it costs him 500 ped to do so
Then he gets more loot then I do.... correct?

You will get paid according to your input and your friend will get paid according to his input.
Input i belive it means ammo + decay and definetly not related to DPP or damage input like old system was

you 2 are missing the point mentioned earlier on.
on shared mobs, according to MA:
Optimal loot is calculated based on the performance of all avatars involved in the creature kill

which equals in better loot for the noobs, because big guys joined on the shared mob.

= reverse leeching

This just means that if it was really cheap to bring down the mob, it has less shrap and more potential MU. Same as before. This only means that the noob or the uber can loot the ESI generated from a low cost, optimal loot kill. There is literally no possible way to leech shared loot anymore. The mechanics have changed to make it impossible to occur.

take from the rich to give it the poor? where do you give the poor anything when everyone has equal loot return tt wise? you even listen to yourself sometimes?
so you rather want that state of the game back where a few people were milking the game dry with a high turnover and 110% + tt return? that will surely help the game to survive lol.

ill summarize:

MA tries to change the loot to help them survive
they change it so that good items with high efficiency give you better tt return (up to 7%).
they change it so that skills matter and give you better tt loot (looter professions)

and now you say the rich now pay the poor? that doesnt make any kind of fucking sense.

You didnt read you just like to argue, reread and we can have a good talk about it :)

You will get paid according to your input and your friend will get paid according to his input.
Input i belive it means ammo + decay and definetly not related to DPP or damage input like old system was

yes, that is what I understand too
However this is totally irrational

it is the same like if irl for your job, you would get full fuel costs covered by your employer, instead of a cost/mile or cost/km. One guy chooses a small eco car, the other one a big SUV. So the guy with the big SUV gets more money from his employer, then the one with the small eco car, that is totally unfair.
It should be cost/mile, what they spend is their own problem.

The same with EU. What it costs you to kill a certain mob is your own gameplay, your own responsibility. It is ridiculous, irrational and un-logical, where uneco setups drain MA, to the disadvantage of eco setups.

No , they said that most damage still counts. So in case that you spend 200 ped on sand kind and another also 200 but you did 50% more damage during the buffs rings , dpp and so on , in case of an item you will take it or you will have the best chances to take it. Simple.

No, loot split is decided based on input, so in your example each player has an equal chance to loot an item, like an esi.

No , they said that most damage still counts. So in case that you spend 200 ped on sand kind and another also 200 but you did 50% more damage during the buffs rings , dpp and so on , in case of an item you will take it or you will have the best chances to take it. Simple.

as I read it
they said that both will get the same chance on items
but also that both will get the same amount of shrapnel, and exactly thát is where the problem is.

How about you all stop shooting shared loot since you're all so fucking uber and go hunt solo and get all the ESIs yourself???

You didnt read you just like to argue, reread and we can have a good talk about it :)

i dont think there is much to argue about as you didnt even have an argument against my statement in the first place. was obvious though because you just didnt make any sense.
but thanks for proving my point.

as I read it
they said that both will get the same chance on items
but also that both will get the same amount of shrapnel, and exactly thát is where the problem is.

so you are just guessing what they might have meant? how about you do the same as everyone else and go out there and test it before you talk shit?

No, loot split is decided based on input, so in your example each player has an equal chance to loot an item, like an esi.

No as in beginning of loot 2.0 MA stated in a shared loot most damage give you more chances to loot an item . Now everything is implemented in a basic loot .
In case 5 players spend 200 ped on a shared loot mob. And the loot is 1000 ped shrapnel they will get back 200 ped each no matter the dmg made. Case 2....5 players , 200 ped spent , Diferent dmg input, loot 1000 ped from which 800 ped shrapnel and 200 ped esi the 800 ped will be splitted in 5 and the most dmg will get the esi , or he will have the most % chances to get it . Is simple , MA cannot explain everything, people need also to test and discover. Naomi don’t worry the rings and buffs still have value.

No as in beginning of loot 2.0 MA stated in a shared loot most damage give you more chances to loot an item . Now everything is implemented in a basic loot .
In case 5 players spend 200 ped on a shared loot mob. And the loot is 1000 ped shrapnel they will get back 200 ped each no matter the dmg made. Case 2....5 players , 200 ped spent , Diferent dmg input, loot 1000 ped from which 800 ped shrapnel and 200 ped esi the 800 ped will be splitted in 5 and the most dmg will get the esi , or he will have the most % chances to get it . Is simple , MA cannot explain everything, people need also to test and discover. Naomi don’t worry the rings and buffs still have value.

Incorrect.

"The loot calculation for creatures with shared loot is now based on each avatar’s input, rather than damage."

Previous: loot distribution based on damage done, chance to get items based on damage done.

Now: loot distribution based on input (tt), chance to get items based on input.

I don't know how you could possibly come to the conclusion that MA changed it to divide based on input but left item split to be based on damage.

Incorrect.

"The loot calculation for creatures with shared loot is now based on each avatar’s input, rather than damage."

Previous: loot distribution based on damage done, chance to get items based on damage done.

I don't know how you could possibly come to the conclusion that MA changed it to divide based on input but left item split to be based on damage.

Because it’s the only way that is best for everyone, and still without devaluation of the items.
From the statement thet they today made is referred on the basic loot . Full shrapnel. We will see in the future but I’m 100% sure that is the way I said , and is also the the logical one .

Because it’s the only way that is best for everyone, and still without devaluation of the items.
From the statement thet they today made is referred on the basic loot . Full shrapnel. We will see in the future but I’m 100% sure that is the way I said , and is also the the logical one .

You can wish for it to be the way you think it should be all you want, but

seems pretty clear to me.

Incorrect.

where does it say what the chance to loot an item is? i cant see it. all i see is them saying that if you spend 20% of the tt needed to kill the mob you will receive 20% of the loot. if those 20% are shrapnel only or an ESI is up to speculation.

Does fapping and armor decay play a role, and when will the promised skill level thing for armor take place? If everybody starts wearing crappy armor does it affect input, and if so how?

where does it say what the chance to loot an item is? i cant see it. all i see is them saying that if you spend 20% of the tt needed to kill the mob you will receive 20% of the loot. if those 20% are shrapnel only or an ESI is up to speculation.

It says "loot calculation" and nothing else, not your 20%, not anything about damage except that they stopped using damage.

Previously they have stated that chance of looting an item was determined by what percentage of damage you did. But now they have stopped using damage and started using "input" (which if you look at their rocket launcher statement clearly means tt value). Seems pretty logical to me.

Since ATH value can not be increased indefinitely for lonely players, the Mindark strategy hopes to replace the ATH for the individual players with other ATH for group of players (Shared). But novice and mid level players, by becoming known that issue in the community, no longer wanted to participate in the shared hunting because the player with the most DPP usually win the loot of the novice and mid level players. Then, by that reason, the MA strategy could fall in the future. That's why Mindark have improved it with a better distribution.

However, given that each player dreams with a great prize, at least once time in his virtual life, and besides he wishes to achieve by himself and not as a part of a group. I suggest adding the UBERLOOT category, as an intermediate category between HOF and ATH, in the Hall of Fame pressing the letter F in the game. That will allow individual players to be recognized in their intermediate prizes. And the ATHs of future will be mostly shared.

on top of all the ongoing discussions, the presumptions of leeching are incorrect

at the feff pits, everyone was profiting

it was not the few leeching the many and making the many loose money, but forming a good group and getting good big hofs, for everyone. Ofc, those with high buffs got little more out then the others, but everyone was getting some esi, and other items.

Ask those who were there regularly if you don't believe it.

on top of all the ongoing discussions, the presumptions of leeching are incorrect

it was not the few leeching the many and making the many loose money, but forming a good group and getting good big hofs, for everyone. Ofc, those with high buffs got little more out then the others, but everyone was getting some esi, and other items.

If everyone was profiting before, then there should be no issue to profit now with the new mechanics.

31 pages. I guess not everybody agreed with that ;)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...regarding-teaming-and-shared-loot-in-Loot-2-0

If everyone was profiting before, then there should be no issue to profit now with the new mechanics.

The game mechanics have been changed, based upon the false presumption of the leeching theories.

The game mechanics have been changed, based upon the false presumption of the leeching theories.

they weren't theories, and the exact reason you are complaining is because they weren't theories

they weren't theories, and the exact reason you are complaining is because they weren't theories

if the leeching theories would be fully true,

many people would have lost peds in the feff pits when people with more buffs are around.

I've talked to 20+ ppl there, and they were all doing great.

Exactly it, only those that are complaining were those that were getting a significantly larger portion of loot at shared events, making tons of money

if the leeching theories would be fully true,

many people would have lost peds in the feff pits when people with more buffs are around.

I've talked to 20+ ppl there, and they were all doing great.

I'd reply with something more, but it's no longer worth the effort. I could paint a 4k picture and it would still be fuzzy to some.

Exactly it, only those that are complaining were those that were getting a significantly larger portion of loot at shared events, making tons of money

could be, just don't point at me.
coz I've been up and down around break-even

Back