VU 15.17.0 Kill Credit Problems

bigPaul

Dominant
Paul Ray Spinn
Hi Friends :)

NEW BUG : After the new game version (June 5th) ,

we sometimes get messages like "The loot is claimed by someone else" (and don't receive the loot) when killing a mob whose health is above 50% .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT EDIT - June 6th :

My further tests have shown that probably GoNi has found a reasonable explanation for this -and all other anomalies/BUGS- regarding "denied Loots" , read it here :

1) https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...y-regenerate&p=3649644&viewfull=1#post3649644

2) NEW UPDATE - JUNE, 8 : Again GoNi with a NEW worrying update on these LOOT BUGS , and my reply to his message :
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...dit-Problems&p=3650109&viewfull=1#post3650109

Paul

Last edited:
I did notice this actually while doing a daily mission, killed a mob that was damaged to 70% that I found and I wasn't able to loot it, thought I was just going crazy and moved on but this would explain it.

seems like a bug, moving this to Dev Corner

This has huge nuisance potential if someone shoots some explosives into a herd of slow regen mobs.

I did notice this actually while doing a daily mission, killed a mob that was damaged to 70% that I found and I wasn't able to loot it, thought I was just going crazy and moved on but this would explain it.

seems like a bug, moving this to Dev Corner

Exact same thing happened to me while hunting kerberos few days ago. Killed one at 70+% hp and couldnt loot it. Really weird....

Exact same thing happened to me while hunting kerberos few days ago. Killed one at 70+% hp and couldnt loot it. Really weird....

If it happened a few days ago, its not connected to todays update.

Could be a way to be a Dick and grief people by shooting all the mobs a few times with an opal and then purposely dying which would leave lots of unlootable mobs. Not good

This morning i killed a +-60% scaboreas.... and i take the loot... maybe only in some kind of mobs?

Even worse than you think!

It happened that a full HP mob was not lootable by the hunter who did the kill.

How do I know? How does it happen?

After a short hunt I went to Royal to relax while sweating, dropped all my loots to storage.
I forgot to buy fresh ammo to be able to kill dry ambus, what I normally do.

When Ambu went dry I started shooting, but run out of ammo when it was around 5% HP left on it.
Ambu regen to full health, then Ridge did the kill using a good eco sword.
He killed all the HP, but loot still belonged to me, as I very likley spent a few pec more killing 95% HP than he did killing 100% HP.

This looks like an exploitable bug, and already contacted support about it.

He killed all the HP, but loot still belonged to me, as I very likley spent a few pec more killing 95% HP than he did killing 100% HP.

so the one who spend more gets the loot?

that seems like the new shared/team loot rules was applied generally to all mobs (loot events) :scratch2:

if so, then to get loot from a wounded mob, you now need to spend more than the other avatar - and it doesn't matter if you let the mob regenerate fully

also then kill-stealing can still be possible if you shoot with super-un-eco weapons like swine deluxe etc.

This needs to be fixed. Sucks having to wonder whether you will get the loot on every single mob. At least if it were guaranteed yours for 100% hp mobs, you could avoid damaged ones. As it is you can never guarantee loot will be yours on any mob killed.

Even worse than you think!

It happened that a full HP mob was not lootable by the hunter who did the kill.

How do I know? How does it happen?

After a short hunt I went to Royal to relax while sweating, dropped all my loots to storage.
I forgot to buy fresh ammo to be able to kill dry ambus, what I normally do.

When Ambu went dry I started shooting, but run out of ammo when it was around 5% HP left on it.
Ambu regen to full health, then Ridge did the kill using a good eco sword.

This looks like an exploitable bug, and already contacted support about it.

Thanks Goni , that explains a lot.

Sometimes it happens, when MindArk changes a system (in this case the "Shared mob/Team hunting loot dynamics") : other systems, more or less related to the changed one, are affected by bugs.

This isn't the 1st time it happens.

Paul

Last edited:
This has huge nuisance potential if someone shoots some explosives into a herd of slow regen mobs.

not only that, it's relatively common to find damaged (i.e. damaged much less than 50%!) monsters in the wild with no green dots anywhere around you. this change has to be reverted immediately - OR changed that so monsters who can't be looted ALSO can't damage any player who can't loot them (ideally they would simply disappear for everybody but the original shooter. or AT LEAST show reliably on a monster (with an icon) whether it's still lootable or not LOL

easiest just to revert it. killstealing never was the fault of the system, but of very few specific dumb individuals.

currently it's a design choice on the level of the ugly new mission tracker - an appallingly bad one

Last edited:
However they do it, this should be a top priority fix. It shouldn't be a gamble as to whether or not you can loot a mob.

Last edited:
Easy solution:
Make all mobs shared, then it doesn´t matter, as you still get the loot calculated based on PED you spent on a mob.

Easy solution. Stop hunting until its fixed. :)

Had a few of those today on Monria without ever seeing any green dots on radar. Can only imagine the scale of the problem on Calypso.

Easy solution. Stop hunting until its fixed. :)

Not my solution.

Agree it does need investigation to make sure its working as intended though. Support cases are the best way to raise its profile.

No reply to it yet.
Seems support is busy atm.

They are, but you will get a reply. The more cases they receive about broken new features the faster they tend to fix it these days too.

My theorie about that bug seems completely wrong, as I had an unlootable mob today that was really weired:

It was a Ninja Spawn behind me, Full HP, no other players around so nobody could shoot it.
Fresh spawn full HP and when I killed it, got the message Loot is claimed by someone else.

Took a screenshot and updated my support file.

Hope MA find this bug and bring on a fix soon, its really anoying!

My theorie about that bug seems completely wrong, as I had an unlootable mob today that was really weired:

It was a Ninja Spawn behind me, Full HP, no other players around so nobody could shoot it.
Fresh spawn full HP and when I killed it, got the message Loot is claimed by someone else.

That's even worse. So basically any mob might be unlootable, even fresh ones.

If a mod would be so kind, the thread could use a better title too. Especially since it is now confirmed that letting the mob regenerate to 100% does not solve the problem.

If a mod would be so kind, the thread could use a better title too. Especially since it is now confirmed that letting the mob regenerate to 100% does not solve the problem.

Yeah, seems like a good idea, changed thread title to "VU 15.17.0 Kill Credit Problems".

Hi GoNi :)

"My theorie about that bug seems completely wrong" : "completely wrong" (?) I wouldn't say so, probably the bug you have reported, in the quoted post, is a second, NEW kind of bug.

In my opinion "your Theory" (="the loot is available to the person who has spent more money on the mob") is reasonable and very often valid :
since i have started using bad eco weapons to kill a mob wounded by other players, I have ALMOST always received my loot (anyway, before killing it, I have let it regenerate to 100% health, OR about 95% health ;
the very few times I didn't reveive my loot, were when the starting health of the mob was around 0% : in such cases, very probably another player has spent more money than me, so the loot was assigned to that player).

Still MindArk has to act fast, since it's clear that, after the new game update, there is something truly wrong about "ordinary" loot dynamics.

Paul

PS
After this message i have updated the 1st post of this thread.
Added a link to this message.

Last edited:
Received the following from support:

2018-06-07 12:49 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi GoNi,

Thank you for your support case.

We are currently aware of this behavior and we are looking into it further.

We appreciate you taking the time to report it.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Now lets see how long it takes to fix it.

Received the following from support:

Now lets see how long it takes to fix it.

They change a core element of the game (missions). And breaks another core element, further proof MA has 0 competent testers. Or they simply don’t know how their core systems work.

Today as test I killed a mob with about 60% health (above 50% for sure), using a weapon with normal efficiency (63%), but as result still "The loot is claimed by someone else".

So the infamous bug is still here.

Paul

Back