Summer Mayhem Postponed Due To Technical Issues

Status

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Summer Mayhem has been postponed due to technical issues.

The team is working on resolving these issues. The event will be restarted as soon as possible once the issues are fixed.

Due to this all scores and progress will be reset.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

If reset means I have to start all over again I want compensation for what I have spent as I am not using what I normally would as this is an event and has cost me significantly more than would normally.

Seeing too many reports like this lately

Rather they postpone and restart than some cheating piece of garbage taking the prices.

Sadly this need to be done, either that or they need to review every single persons run who have started to check if they have abused the exploits.

:cool:

Hopefully they can come up with something for the people who had a lot of hours put in already.

*Puts on the red clown nose again, eagerly waiting, gazing into the black ped void that the universe has become while hitting myself with a hammer*

#professionalism

:nutkick:

I want compensation

I want compensation... i would not loose ped just to get all my progress reseted.

Gotta give them points for manning up and pausing event until fixed. They are learning, so kudos to that.

Now they just need to realize the importance of hiring competent game testers, inb4 every new event or big changes updates.

If hiring actual testers is too costly I’m sure you can add a tester recruitment process, for all players who you feel meet your requirements. But they’d have to sign a NDA and unable to play on their avatar (frozen, during testing period) and unable to do any new quests a few days after it’s been released. To diminish chance of abuse.

Last edited:
are you surprised ?

You never stop being surprised. time after time , you get new bugs that people can not help using for their own benefit.
I'm not sorry I sold out all my stuff and stopped paying for this.

MA's doing the right thing by fixing the error.

I also feel bad for those who have already started their mayhem runs.

You fucked up!!!

Edit: Again!!

Gotta give them points for manning up and pausing event until fixed. They are learning, so kudos to that.

Now they just need to realize the importance of hiring competent game testers, inb4 every new event or big changes updates.

If hiring actual testers is too costly I’m sure you can add a tester recruitment process, for all players who you feel meet your requirements. But they’d have to sign a NDA and unable to play on their avatar (frozen, during testing period) and unable to do any new quests a few days after it’s been released. To diminish chance of abuse.

:wise::wise::wise:

They will push in another event in the meanwhile they try to fix this probably. :rolleyes:

I grab another bag of :popcorn: and watch
:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
MA's doing the right thing by fixing the error.

I also feel bad for those who have already started their mayhem runs.
As you know i start it... 2kpoints on 2h and i lose 200ped... Im not feeling well about a restart without compensation but this was needed because that people that was using this as a sploit

In one way it's a good step from MA to fix the Bug's and reset the Mission....

on the other side i've spend already 7 hours in the Instance close Combat with pistol (getting Braindeath with this stupid Mob's dancing arround you and never stop to move) and spend already lot's of Pills and Decay on L plating and lost shitload of Money during the Hunt's
So i want a copensation!!!

I tried finding good free circus music to add to the thread, but gave up.
so, *cue goofy circus music.

What about people who are very close to classing out of their category, and the reset will make it so they cannot do over 20 hours of mayhem and you're forcing them to?

I'm cutting it close, getting 3% sniper hit per hour. Currently at lv84, 12%. Had I done more than 2 hours, I'd be totally screwed, now I just have to be even more careful.

I also looted some big bonus points in those 2 hours...... -.-

Also what about people who saved uber tir L weapons for this? Gone. Always great to shoot items which could have sold for 500% MU for shrapnel farming!

Last edited:
Jeeeez people! Take a chill pill :laugh:

What do you want MA to do? Magic tricks with their knees? These kind of things will take time and I'm sure MA will solve this as smooth as possible. They know they've f*cked up, but do you honestly think they've done this on purpose? C'mon folks. Be realistic.

1 person testing instance once for like 10 min before launching the event would have been enough to discover the issues... 20 years doing same mistakes again and again and you still launching untested stuff on a real economy platform.. There is no word

Jeeeez people! Take a chill pill :laugh:

What do you want MA to do? Magic tricks with their knees? These kind of things will take time and I'm sure MA will solve this as smooth as possible. They know they've f*cked up, but do you honestly think they've done this on purpose? C'mon folks. Be realistic.

Realistic? Not hard for a game this old to be able to know how to put together and test an event. Especially when their prizes and entry fees are real money.

Also realistic:
Compensation for time wasted.
Compensation for items wasted.
Somehow making it fair to people who they have obviously wasted way more than both time and items. Such as those who chipped down to compete in their cats. I didn't but know plenty did. They're at risk for out leveling a cat they paid to get into.

Realistic? Not hard for a game this old to be able to know how to put together and test an event. Especially when their prizes and entry fees are real money.

Also realistic:
Compensation for time wasted.
Compensation for items wasted.
Somehow making it fair to people who they have obviously wasted way more than both time and items. Such as those who chipped down to compete in their cats. I didn't but know plenty did. They're at risk for out leveling a cat they paid to get into.

You don't think I meant that this is not realistic? Yes it is but it's also realistic not bashing MA for every little thing they do, good or bad. I think we can all agree on that this was never meant to happen. But do you guys honestly think bashing MA will make it easier for them to solve the issues they're facing atm? Think not.

You don't think I meant that this is not realistic? Yes it is but it's also realistic not bashing MA for every little thing they do, good or bad. I think we can all agree on that this was never meant to happen. But do you guys honestly think bashing MA will make it easier for them to solve the issues they're facing atm? Think not.

Nah but it might hurry them along to forward the problems to the 3rd party developers they contact, when they themselves are not capable of fixing an issue you can bet a customer uproar will light a fire under them to get things where they need to be and properly tested. I understand it might be hard to understand the concerns of players who are actively competing on their avatars in an event they're trying to win for themselves though.

Yes. I'm sure ignoring all the screw-ups that MA does will help the quality of gameplay... Honestly though this is becoming quite normal and perhaps the reason why many veteran players are leaving or have left the game. If they want less critical thinking then perhaps they should consider learning from their previous and many mistakes. Just my two cents.

The contest was going to be a joke without this action. There were a minimum of three ways to exploit the paused timer. I was sure people did a lot of hours yesterday and would be upset by this; however, the contest would have upset them more when they lost to a bunch of abusers. Compensation is very tough to administer so I wouldn’t hold your breath. This may simply be an event pause where time spent is still counted. I hope this isn’t the case as anyone who benefitted from the pause would still gain an advantage.

Thanks MA for taking action!

, but do you honestly think they've done this on purpose? C'mon folks. Be realistic.
Same type of event problems repeated over and over... on purpose, maybe not, but being obviously understaffed and illequiped to deal with proper programming, and testing, definitely... so glad the millions spent here were used wisely.

1 person testing instance once for like 10 min before launching the event would have been enough to discover the issues... 20 years doing same mistakes again and again and you still launching untested stuff on a real economy platform.. There is no word

Nah they wouldn´t discover it there.
I joined the event ~10 minutes after it started. I had no issues there and did close to 2 hours before RL forced me to leave. Later in the evening I discovered that bug for the first time.

I am not sure if this issue would even arrise, if lets say 5 ppl would test it simultanly before event started.

Last edited:
Yes. I'm sure ignoring all the screw-ups that MA does will help the quality of gameplay... Honestly though this is becoming quite normal and perhaps the reason why many veteran players are leaving or have left the game. If they want less critical thinking then perhaps they should consider learning from their previous and many mistakes. Just my two cents.

Very true indeed mate. Ignoring will not solve the problem. But hunting MA with fire and hay forks wont work either :laugh:
Your 2 cents make sense :)

Status
Back