FYI: Return in Shared Loot/Team Hunting is based on Cost+Efficiency+Looter Prof, not just Cost

I used those sights/scopes on my Herman ASI-R and got a lot more skill hits than I did with the gun alone. I later used them on a Breer M3a and a full run from full TT on weap to broken cost me an extra 15 ped and the did a run with no sights/scope followed by anothe run with and compared. 1522 skill hits with, 1429 without 1580 with. I also got more points as well, 413.6861 with, 370.7997 without, 452.6652 with.

I have no doubts that having attachments increases your skill gains overall, what about the returns?

Some additional testing based on same weapon same cost on mobs in team hunting/shared loot with varying Animal Looter levels:

A: 25.5

B: 41.35

C: 2.2

Test 1: A vs B

[Team]: A received [Shrapnel] (3055).
[Team]: B received [Shrapnel] (3090).

B received 1.14% more loot than A

Test 2: B vs C

[Team]: C received [Shrapnel] (6378).
[Team]: B received [Shrapnel] (6564).

B received 2.91% more loot than C

These tests show a very clear and very visible impact on return rates based directly on Looter Professions :thumbup:

That's very enlightening, Darkaruki.

In another thread I had roughly estimated that the max impact of looter professions might be approx +2-3% in loot returns, or anyway close to that area;

but according to your data I would raise the cap, possibly to a more realistic +5% , approx (that +5% is my lowest expectation ).

I can't know if the max impact of looter professions is the same of weapon efficiency (+7%) ,
but obviously this interesting possibility can't be ruled out :) .

Paul

Last edited:
That's very enlighting, Darkaruki.

In another thread I had roughly estimated that the max impact of looter professions might be approx +2-3% in loot returns, or anyway close to that area;

but according to your data I would raise the cap, possibly to a more realistic +5% , approx (that +5% is my lowest expectation ).

I can't know if the max impact of looter professions is the same of weapon efficiency (+7%) ,
but obviously this interesting possibility can't be ruled out :) .

Paul

Actually, based on these tests as well as some additional testing it would seem that level 1 to level 100 in the looter profession relevant to the creature you are hunting does represent a 7% increase in TT return, similar to efficiency.

Actually, based on these tests as well as some additional testing it would seem that level 1 to level 100 in the looter profession relevant to the creature you are hunting does represent a 7% increase in TT return, similar to efficiency.

We the rats have similar experience. ~1.1 level difference in looter yields ~0.08% difference in shrap received when the number of shots landed is equal and other inputs are absent (no armor decay).

Darkaruki you're amazing for having done this test.

It's nice to see that skill/efficiency do impact ones individual loot while team/shared loot hunting with out negatively impacting themselves or friends.

Having been an individual that was considered with the recent changes and it negatively impacting the desire to gear, it's nice to see that you're still rewarded for your efficiency.

I wonder if this means then that we will see:

Groups DPP contribute to the overall loot comp

Individuals Skills/Efficiency determine TT back from a team/shared kill

but the looter professions goes above level 100... so every additional level makes no difference? i wouldnt be so sure that it works like that

but the looter professions goes above level 100... so every additional level makes no difference? i wouldnt be so sure that it works like that

Would need someone with >100 in the profession to test, it could be capped at level 100, it could have diminishing returns, or its just 0.07% per level after level 100 too.
Based on tests the difference in loot per level with a level 2 vs 41 and looter level 38 vs 45 showed exactly the same 0.07% difference per level.

Last edited:
If they designers were smart about it, probably designed to exponentially decay as it approaches 100.

I THINK one conclusion conclusion from the above discussion translates into: DPP matters a lot when teaming.
(Not suprising itc), am I correct?
Personally I leave if Messi or Naomi shows up (with their high dpp weapons) for that very reason.
Their (probably) very high looter profession makes that decision even easier.

nero

I THINK one conclusion conclusion from the above discussion translates into: DPP matters a lot when teaming.
Personally I leave if Messi or Naomi shows up (with their high dpp weapons) for that very reason.

nero

They actually removed DPP from the equation with a recent update to shared loot..

well, in the feff pit, all your fancy theories dont hold up.
There it's just a matter of luck.

been there for 4 hours. shooting non stop. Spirit+dante.
enough globals, enough loot.
But sadly I just looted 1 Bio ID in total. That means you will get a horrible loss, even though loot was not that bad.
And that Bio ID seems to be just looted randomly.
Since The other day I looted several in row in the same setting, getting me a way more comfortable result.

So, it's just a matter of luck that has the most effect on your tt return.

All the other is just messing in the margin.

I have no doubts that having attachments increases your skill gains overall, what about the returns?

I am fairly positive (from 8 years of using sights /scopes back to 100+ and 1 mill + el hunting), though I never bothered to test beyond the ped card and events won...that the tt spent will come back in loot, upping the base cost on the mob and thus increasing the loot modifier on return. Meaning higher base globals/loot (which you CAN see on EL) and higher HOF opportunity. (which also could be seen relative to the time spent, vs other players with similar gear)

Just like armor, or high cost faps would/do....which this test does not show the effect of, and most tests on the effect of decay out and the loot return that decay gives, would be hard to really see unless rigorously tested both with and without armor ect. I think.

Decay has its place in loot. And these weapons show an absence of it.

I used to do extreme decay tests on various mobs when I was pre 30's, triggering 80+ puny globals, 3k+ molisk young ect. Which helped solidify the reasons behind this "decay alot of things whenever possible" theory, of which I have entirely based my return since 2010 on, and well, I am still here, shooting every day with very little lost.

Last edited:

nero

actually, the exact opposite.

Some additional testing based on same weapon same cost on mobs in team hunting/shared loot with varying Animal Looter levels:

A: 25.5

B: 41.35

C: 2.2

Test 1: A vs B

[Team]: A received [Shrapnel] (3055).
[Team]: B received [Shrapnel] (3090).

B received 1.14% more loot than A

Test 2: B vs C

[Team]: C received [Shrapnel] (6378).
[Team]: B received [Shrapnel] (6564).

B received 2.91% more loot than C

These tests show a very clear and very visible impact on return rates based directly on Looter Professions :thumbup:

Did you adjust these results compared to critical hits done by each and their total damage for their cost by adding up the damage of each shot or did you just ballpark based on entropiawiki data?

So from what I have re-read again.
Most people are around 60% efficiency.
Each 14% of efficiency added = 1% TT.

Below are EFF/TT averages.
60% = 96%
67% = 96.5%
74% = 97%
81% = 97.5%
88% = 98%
95%+ = 98.5%

This is actually starting to make quite a bit of sense to me.

So when competing hunters have the same gear, the deciding factor is looter prof.

When competing hunters are not using the same gear, the deciding factors are both efficiency and looter profs.

Thanks, that explains it pretty well, but the total combined benefit can’t exceed 7% for either method.

It also confirms my theory that efficiency only helps between 1-2% lol.

Last edited:
Back