PriceCheck old guns, sollomate opalo & jester d-1?

Zaith

Mature
Hi again,

TLDR - Jester D-1 and Sollomate Opalo, price check? :)

Longer - I had these guns in my storage from back from PE days. After looking at their stats and seeing that their "Efficiency" stat is below 50%, I would assume that both of these weapons are completely useless....right? Because Rubio/Azuro/EWE etc are all efficiency above 55% or so... so why would anyone use Jester/Opalo? The confusing thing is I regularly see some players in #trade channels trying to sell both Jester D-1 and Opalo. Why? Are they just trying to sucker new players -- which I would not do -- or do these weapons have legitimate value?? Maybe the pec decay is very small on these, compared to other guns, or something like that?

Thank you!

Jester is tt food. Not only its stats are bad and it's a 100 lvl non-sib weapon - it's not rare, any noob can craft one. People do manage so sell some of them to clueless newcomers, but that's just cruel.

Opalo has become obsolete after introduction of better tt weapons and the easily obtainable Bukin rifle. It's not a complete disaster unlike Jester, especially after Loot 2.0, just there is not a single reason to use it nowadays. But its removal from the trade terminals gave it some flavor of "rarity", even though there are thousands of them around. That, plus some nostalgia is the only reason why this outdated gun still have tt+5..+10 market value instead of going straight to tt.

Thanks very much, I wasn't sure if maybe there was at least some redeeming quality that made them "worth" using, but it seems there isn't. And yes I agree, pretty mean to sell it to someone who doesn't know any better.

Sounds like I will TT the Jester and hold on to the Opalo in case somebody wants to buy it for tt+3 for sentimental value or something. Thanks again!

Thanks very much, I wasn't sure if maybe there was at least some redeeming quality that made them "worth" using, but it seems there isn't. And yes I agree, pretty mean to sell it to someone who doesn't know any better.

Sounds like I will TT the Jester and hold on to the Opalo in case somebody wants to buy it for tt+3 for sentimental value or something. Thanks again!
Old TT Items usually sell for TT+50ped.

Old TT Items usually sell for TT+50ped.

:laugh:

really? "usually"?

You want to buy my m2100 for +50? Hell, I'll even give you an extra 10 ped discount, no, wait, 20 ped discount. You can have it for +30!

It wont sell for that.

It's exactly what Svarog said.
The only acception are the cyrene TT weapons since they have more unique stats and are far more rare.

The jester is a daily crafting mission so it's just a tt food item. But if you're lucky you might sell one for +1 or +2

The jester is a daily crafting mission so it's just a tt food item. But if you're lucky you might sell one for +1 or +2

I don´t even try that, as it results in auction fee loss 99% of time.

Occationally if I get one with outstanding good tir numbers I drop it to auction, maybe someone wants to use it, but even that come back most times :)

I don´t even try that, as it results in auction fee loss 99% of time.

yeah, hence I said that, "if you're lucky you might" :tongue2:

So if you're not the lucky kinda guy, just throw it in the tt ;)

Hmm the Jester would be a perfect candidate for a newbie upgrade mission to make something useful out of it. MAybe one day...

Back