I lost it!!

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
illuminox
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
The spark, the feeling, the excitement of the game.
I don't enjoy playing anymore, feels like a neverending grind that has no purpose. Skill don't matter, eco doesn't matter. What's the point? No stories, nothing new...
If someone has advise on how to get my spark back I am open to suggestions. I can't even push myself to hunt during migration.

I don't mind throwing away money, it's not the issue. I think I don't want to give it to mindark anymore tho, not only because of the gameplay but they can't keep promises. I know this has always been the case, but I guess it adds up.

There must be other people who've been in this situation.
What did you do to get back on track? I'm not ready to give up yet on Entropia after almost 14 years.

Bee

Just take a few years brake.
Worked wonders for me!

Go waste some time in compets. It's free to play if you let it be. Not as fun as entropia in some ways but keeps you from grinding forever as it will only give you so many turns a day.

That way you are not completely divorced from mindark and someday if pets do have more uses you might have a few

I know your feelings, its the same for me some years now.

I artifically stopped hunting/mining/crafting.

Occationally I do small runs, just to check things and keep my account alive. Reduced my deposits drastically but still support the game by small monthly deposit (20 € a month).

There is so much potential in this universe but MA is not able to see it, and even if they see it and bring up some nice ideas (f.e. space transport missions) they fail to implement that. They also fail to implement high end content to keep the universe advancing.

I still have hope that sometime MA wakes up or they simply sell the platform to a company which has visions and try to make EU great again.

The spirit this game had 10 years ago, is gone for me too. To much boring grind missions, story totally lost, market dead, and more and more all flatened so that there is no difference in avatars (except the money cycle speed), no matter what skills or gear you own.

It makes me really sick in what direction MA is heading with EU.
Several times I already considered to cash out, but didn´t do it yet.

Still have hope but it gets smaller and smaller year by year.

I don´t know how you can get yourself back on track, as I don´t know how I could bring myself back on track.

Its in MA/PP hands to bring up something real motivating to make us play again as we did in the past.
As it is now, its just boring grind festival without real goals you could achieve.

probably since they haven't released much content in a while, you can always just slow down your playtime and hope they'll release a nice update eventually, and give it another shot then

Sorry to hear it,
Try Taking a break, assess why you played to begin with

Ive sold out all skills and items 3 times now, had a couple of year breaks

Each time i come back I regret the sellouts

Weird thing would be if you still interested on it.

we can but hope the new CEO is working hard to present something massive this year....was way to busy for a State of the Universe address...

Thanks for your advise everyone!

I know your feelings, its the same for me some years now.

I artifically stopped hunting/mining/crafting.

Occationally I do small runs, just to check things and keep my account alive. Reduced my deposits drastically but still support the game by small monthly deposit (20 € a month).

There is so much potential in this universe but MA is not able to see it, and even if they see it and bring up some nice ideas (f.e. space transport missions) they fail to implement that. They also fail to implement high end content to keep the universe advancing.

I still have hope that sometime MA wakes up or they simply sell the platform to a company which has visions and try to make EU great again.

The spirit this game had 10 years ago, is gone for me too. To much boring grind missions, story totally lost, market dead, and more and more all flatened so that there is no difference in avatars (except the money cycle speed), no matter what skills or gear you own.

It makes me really sick in what direction MA is heading with EU.
Several times I already considered to cash out, but didn´t do it yet.

Still have hope but it gets smaller and smaller year by year.

I don´t know how you can get yourself back on track, as I don´t know how I could bring myself back on track.

Its in MA/PP hands to bring up something real motivating to make us play again as we did in the past.
As it is now, its just boring grind festival without real goals you could achieve.

This is exactly how I feel it, just can't expres myself in English that good. Looking at the reps and reactions I'm not the only one, kinda makes me sad.
You summed up al the frustration I have there, Thanks! Guess it's going to be a waiting game, it's up to mindark.

Sorry to hear it,
Try Taking a break, assess why you played to begin with

Ive sold out all skills and items 3 times now, had a couple of year breaks

Each time i come back I regret the sellouts

Yeah it seems like I have to make my break longer. I might put my gear for sale later but I won't be selling skills, they are worthless anyway. Gear can be purchases again, skills are not that easy.

The reality is for a game to hold onto a player for years is an incredible success story. Only MMO’s appear to have that hold over people.

I’ve heard many times that MA originally didn’t envisage players sticking around long term, so the game evolved to some degree to take longevity into account.

Although rather than push the longevity envelope further from a skilling point of view (say incredibly rare skill unlocks), MA tend to patch the game instead (i.e. looter skills).
High end players continuously swallowing a ton of ESI’s and probably getting compensated, kind of makes incredibly rare skill unlocks pretty pointless anyway.

The game’s evolved into a huge oil tanker, that takes ages to turn. I’m not even sure MA know what to do with it at times.

I must admit the Compet saga since those deeds went on sale in October 2014 (almost 4 years now), has taken its toll on me, and I’m one of the most patient people you can come across.

I don’t rag quit and sell anymore though. I’ve learned to hold onto some key items no matter what happens, and that allows me to log-in and tick over for entertainment when I feel like it.

Just some basic cheap unlimited stuff:

Full set Gremlin (M) armour
Unl Adjusted Det sword + VI amp(for bigger hunts)
Unl Adjust bolga whip + IV amp (for some heavily grinding taming)
Unl Moccasin whip + I amp (super low level taming, on £10 deposit) taming rabbits..funny.

I’ve got 4 reasonable rings (perf HP + Mod defence for hunting) + (Aug speed ring, Perf taming ring for taming).

Got an A106 I can throw on a Limited gun if I feel like it.

Plus of ton pets + ton of compet deeds that dont pay. That’s all I need.

But you are 100% correct, when we’ve been around for so long it’s a struggle to find purpose.
Party because MA didn’t finish things off, and moved a lot of purpose into boxes instead (rather than the wild).

So when you go out there in the wild, you ask yourself,…is there anything out here for me other than skills……and it’s hard to say yes.

Still all that said, most of us have fond feelings for the game, it’s been a huge part of our lives. I’ll still keep one foot in, because many of us are part of the furniture now (we are EU).

Just hold onto some items, so you can at least have some fun now and then when you feel like it.

Smiles

Rick

Last edited:
Some are mentioning that MA hasn't released new content for some time and that is a part of it..

Tbh.. new content to me over the last few years has only felt like the same content, with new skins/textures. Apart from vehicles...

I have somewhat lost the spark too,
I do not see the reason for me to grind apart from hitting that big loot. Gambling it is called.. But it's not working with returns at around the 80% mark with the odd return of 90% over the past few months.. I am just waiting for that bigger loot to even the returns back to 90-95% total at this point..

In the meantime, I have taken up crafting, healing, other stuff that doesn't cost me anything.

Crafting only things which I know can sell for a higher markup than the cost is to create it..

The spark I am afraid, is long lost.. I too am not ready to give up way more than 10+ years in Entropia.. I jst keep at it for the old times sake.. IRL vacations do help with the absence of EU though :cool:

I have the same feeling at this years migration, some feeling is just missing for me nowadays.

Maybe changing focus completely in game might help with the spark?

I have long wanted to start a shop in Entropia, but really never had the funds to do so.

An apartment with some shopkeepers are in the ballpark for me though,
I might look into that and start crafting on my EU time..

we can but hope the new CEO is working hard to present something massive this year....was way to busy for a State of the Universe address...

funny stuff.

I wish he would communicate though, or at least someone from the board just "say something". Connect with us.

I often wonder if his youth, is linked to the younger generation, that don't see any value with talking to people. They just sink thier heads into their phones and silence rules.

The amount of times, I have to say to youngersters at work. Pick up the damn phone and talk to the guy, rather than 10 pages of text email...hahaha.

Rick

sell everything but your skills... Buy deeds with the ped.

try to stay away for as long as you can.

when you return buy a tt weapon and a pixie set and do newbie missions and build from that, wear armor and weapons you loot and play with the money the deeds generated. IF you get the spark back, cool, make a deposit and start playing for real again.

if not sell the deeds and skills also and never return.

entropiawiki is still quite incomplete when it comes to non-caly stuff, so there is still stuff to explore and to do =)

Easy solution be 18 again and enjoy everything.
If not possible - try other part of EU - mining, shops, other planets, events.
If doesn't work get outside :beerchug:

Mindark no longer seems interested in the game, why would the players be?

Mindark need someone like Marco Behrmann back and big visions that click with the minds of people. Their current vision is that deep token thing but it dosn't excite me at all, its the oposite it screams shady bubble in my head. VR only is at best mediocre interesting since i dont own VR gear and i beat most people dosn't.

We had this oportunity with the land deed grab to make our own homes and give them meaning in player build and owned cities. But the reality was bitter, you dont build your house you just put the house together like lego and every house of your deed sieze look the same, you can't connect parcels and the advantage holding a house aka gardening turned out zero profitable. I also hated that only a few selected areas was open for deed grab, i knew so many wonderful places on calypso were i'd love to build a cozy home but im not allowed too. Also the additional costs to make those plots into houses was so greedy and the mats so scare it killed the project before it started and there went all the excitement.

Space had potential
My Vision for space are non lootable zones were you can pve and mine and safe access from those regions to player owned and builded space tradehubs connected by space lanes to other hubs and planets that feature lootable pvp. And of course also hunting and mining grounds that are 100% lootable pvp but like on our planet i feel the need for safe grounds to make space accepted by everyone.

Ressource asteroid mining
Space PVE with space only loot
Asteroid colony building, how about a empty moon and player need to build in up all by themself from zero

Another great vision , the robot planet , a great hostile space so incredible hard to survive and just to break the blockade and enter that it needs teamwork , skills and gear. Discover the secrets of the the AI and take a look at a robot society. That would be freaking cool, a good ammount of long term players mildly interested in roleplay or storytelling starve to see more of the robot society.

BUT there aint any visions like this

And thats while my cld returns stockpile up to 30k peds and i have no idea how to spend it because everything and anything in eu bores me to death. There is not a single item i desire to own. But i dont want to withdraw that money, i dont need money outside eu , i'd gladly spend a lot of money inside eu but i havn't deposited for years because there is no reason or need.

The spark
if anyone find it, let me know and participate because i lost it too

and thats sad

Don't see any difference with 10 years ago.

Well before they were in developing the game but now they have no interest in developing the game. There's been no development for ages, their vision for the game maybe died or shelved

Well before they were in developing the game but now they have no interest in developing the game. There's been no development for ages, their vision for the game maybe died or shelved

It's inaccurate that there hasn't been any development done on the game, but two factors contribute to creating that impression: Humans' penchant for forgetting after something positive has happened, and MA's penchant for often not announcing what they develop and, more confoundingly, not developing what they announce. Or in some instances, even not developing what they already sold. It is a company difficult to understand.

[video]https://g.co/kgs/ZAt1T7[/video]

Sadly I share much of the same sentiment of the OP. I returned to the game after a 10 year break and got caught up in the nostalgia of it all. Approaching the 3 year mark of my return, I’ve come to my own realization that without more immersive content or more exciting loot.. I cannot continue to justify ever depositing thousands of dollars again.

What’s really helped me (scaled back my deposits by 80-90%) is to focus on a specific niche and play consistently doing the same thing. While it is quite boring, it does work well enough to sustain me. My entertainment now comes from my Soc mates and the hope I’ll get “lucky” one of these days.

The past year has been pretty rough, and I truly hope MA can turn this game around. I feel many players are losing faith, myself included.

Last edited:
I barely played from like, 2012 to late 2015.

I never sold anything, I just, didn't really ever log in any more.

I had my fill one day, I can't even remember what happened, another 50% return crafting run or something, it was just the last straw I wasn't interested. For three years I logged in now and then to keep my account active, see if any old friends were on, and maybe just look at some scenery or click a couple times. No spark, as you say. I almost never stayed online more than an hour.

Since late 015 something happened (again, not sure specifically what) like an event that caught my attention or an item they added, caused me to come in game for a while, and I wound up going to do a bunch of new missions they had added on cyrene.

Then I got into some of the noob missions they added in Calypso, and wound up on Toulan doing all the new player content there. Wound up spending a month on RT doing missions and stuff, anyways let me get to the point.

MA actually has added a LOT of stuff to this game, in this time. A lot of is newplayer stuff. A lot of it is silly or seems like a rehash of other systems. But the game isn't stagnating. It's just crap you aren't thinking about when you're a long time mid to high level player who's bored. There was a few months of exploring and gameplay for me to do since I was playing a little here and there, not 8 hour stretches like a comfortably addicted grinder.

By the end of it, having visited or revisited every planet, consumed all of the new mission chains and tasks, trying out a bunch of the new items, and all that I had sort of a different relationship with EU. It was clear that SOMEONE had been working on the game and while some of the oldest problems still exist the new stuff, new place, and new systems were a heavy factor.

Now I'm a comfortably casual player, when I think of EU, I may come log in. Sometimes it 5 mins and I'm like "ehhhhhh..." and just log out. Sometimes I end up playing for several hours or intently for a period of days, but when the desire/stimulation is over I don't feel that pressure to "make something happen". If I deposit, it's a conscious decision to spend a couple bucks, I'm not playing myself like it's an investment or just a stopgap to get me to that next "loot event".

So, to the point of this rambling.

It's OK to get bored. It's no fun, but it's normal to get jaded. How long have you been playing again? Take a break.

EU IS NOT ALL OR NOTHING

So, go do something else for a while. You don't have to quit because you're not going to log in for a few days or weeks. You're bored take a break. What other thing have you spent the amount of hours on, that you ahve spent on EU, in this time frame? Most people don't intently pursue a single activity for years on end and expect it to still be engrossing and exciting.

Just to be clear OP this is not a personal statement about you I'm not familiar with your activities or RL obviously at all. But this addresses what I see a lot of people seeming to go through. Any new MMO is engrossing for a while. More for some, less for others but the expectation of perpetual, engrossing, obsessively interesting content is not likely to materialize anywhere. But after a time the excitement wears off. Again, this is totally normal, and probably healthy for you.

People are emotionally driven to seek love and company, but even oxytocin wears thin after a while and those that have been depending on "excitement" to overcome all other emotions or considerations end up bored.

I mean, if you're going to get a "seven year itch" even with a gorgeous, interesting, helpful, well matched life partner, WTF is a video game supposed to provide to keep you at a level of interest like "engrossed" for over a decade? This isn't a shortcoming of MA, IMO. This is a basic feature of humanity.

So, relax. Sure dump some "hot" items or big money gear you're hlding that's likely to fade fomr the market as new stuff rolls in, but hold on to your basic gear, and FFS don't sell out your avatar. Listen to all the stories here and everywhere. If you're just bored, need something different for a while, whatever, take a break. Don't "quit" and sell out unless you're pissed off enough or really confident that you're SURE you won't be coming back.

Even if you're pretty sure, give it 30 - 60 days of no playing before you start to sell out. And in the end I advise you to keep your skills and enough gear to go out on a whim and have a decent (but not intense) hunt or mining run if you get the whim. Then go away. Just like that. We're not breaking up. You don't have to apologize or explain to me why or for how long. And besides, you'll be back. It's cool ...

MA will remind you to log in now and then, or you'll see something that makes you want to hunt. You won't be confident that you want to start up again so if you depo for ammo you'll now it's a spend, not a requirement to cycle cycle cycle. And you'll get bored again in a few hours, probably, and be like "oh yeah this is why I stopped".

Maybe one day you'll find yourself playing again, and really eager to get back on after. Maybe you won't. The truth is it's not that important. EU isn't your wife. EU can't actually be your life.

There's a few other posts here making variations on this same point, and how they came out of the "infatuated" stage, went through the "in love" phase, got to "bored" and still managed to leave without blaming EU for not being able to be their all and their everything for an entire lifetime. And those people (myself included) end up with a very different, more stable, and longer lasting relationship with the game. Because it's just a game and it's easier now for me to remember it's place.

Still on this allegory but it's truly like a relationship. Most never last past the first year anyways. But if you get bored and frustrated and upset but blame the other person and it turns into a fight and a nasty breakup then you also lose all of the good times.

EU is like that old ex for me now who's still a truly great friend because we didn't tear each other apart and after we got some space I can remember all the good times and the reasons that I fell in love with her in the first place without feeling like I need to get back there.

So get some space, and let the frustration settle down. Find something else to do. Treat it like a drug and tell yourself you're not allowed to log in for a month. DEFINITELY don't log in for two weeks and by then see how much you actually miss it with your new, freer perspective.

This is, basically complaining that you aren't receiving permanent, ongoing emotional fulfillment from an MMO after more than a decade of play. I'm not making fun or trying to insult, and again it's not particular to this OP or thread. I've been there, and done that, and looking back I realize the fault was never MAs.

So now when I'm bored I call up EU and she's always up for SOMETHING so we get together for a couple hours.

Sometimes it's a piece of shit with too much baggage and problems and after an hour of everything sucking I don't call back for a month.

Last time I depo'd 1k ped and wound up hunting LT for 1-4 hours a day solid for nearly two weeks of good, engrossing entertainment.

In any case I'm better able to keep my perspective about the fact that this is a relationship and it's a very one sided one. That's just the deal and it always has been. Expecting something different is really just setting yourself up for disappointment.

So no need for a big fight or fuss, with a bunch of name calling and blame throwing and shade. Take a break until you realize that you're "in a place" right now and EU has, it sounds like, provided you with more fun, entertainment, and memories (good and bad) than any other single video game or leisure activity has possibly in your entire life.

Anyways you can't really look back on any addiction OR relationship until you've gotten some distance, and gotten over any withdrawals (chemical or emotional). So you do that and then take a look at things before you destroy your account of that wierd combo of boredom and frustration over something that's not actually a realistic, or even reasonable expectation.

TL;DR: It's ok, what you're feeling is normal. Take a break, get some distance and your perspective will likely improve. In the meantime, don't burn all of your bridges just because it doesn't still feel like a new love after 5-10 years.

And once more with the touchy stuff but to be clear I intend no attack on OP or anyone else, this isn't judgement here it's just a colorful explanation of my experience and others I have seen.

Hopefully one or more people currently in this boat will find the perspective helpful.

I think a big factor may be the switch from peds and gear in loot to oils and then shrapnel.

It used to be fun just to browse the hof gallery just to see the loot windows.

EU is still a giant sandbox a heart. To refresh yourself, forget about events and missions and rings, hunting/mining/crafting; ditch the logs if you keep them, and get out and explore, play, discover. Shoot what's in front of you - probe if your curious, you won't be spending much. Stop doing things you know in places that are familiar. Turn away from the crowd and let new things happen to you. You may be surprised by what you find.

Peace, Miles

REJOICE!!! The New Ark Moon is Nigh!!!!

:yay:

Back