Leaving Arkadia puts you into lootable space

Suza

Provider
Suza Suze Rider
I brought this up to live support that whether leaving the moon or the planet you are put into lootable space at the moon and their response was that was how the PP want it.

Obviously the pirates are delighted by this and have swarmed all over the area you spawn in.

Reactions: San
Could make for some interesting counter-piracy missions for Normandie to go collect some lost loot :)

I guess it has to do with the announced smuggler missions between the moon and arkadia.

Selling smuggler clothes at boxes ( if only I could)

I brought this up to live support that whether leaving the moon or the planet you are put into lootable space at the moon and their response was that was how the PP want it.

Obviously the pirates are delighted by this and have swarmed all over the area you spawn in.

It appears to be confirmed that leaving the planet itself also puts you into lootable space. I left the moon and was being shot at before I even rendered space. I didn't stand any chance whatsoever.
Quite frankly, if they correct leaving the planet but not the moon, then .... my language will not be printable.

Note: summoning from MS also does not work, so there is simply no safe way to get off the moon.
If there is a plan to get players to defend spawning quads then it should bloody well be implemented AND highlighted clearly.
Not acceptable!!!

It appears to be confirmed that leaving the planet itself also puts you into lootable space. I left the moon and was being shot at before I even rendered space. I didn't stand any chance whatsoever.
Quite frankly, if they correct leaving the planet but not the moon, then .... my language will not be printable.

Note: summoning from MS also does not work, so there is simply no safe way to get off the moon.
If there is a plan to get players to defend spawning quads then it should bloody well be implemented AND highlighted clearly.
Not acceptable!!!

Really??
That's just lame!

well, guess I'll postpone my trip to the moon for now then :scratch2:

Assuming it is correct that Ark wanted no safe zone when you spawned into space from the Ark moon, that gives players two options: TT loot or list it on auction.

Someone mentioned yesterday the auction has direct access to Ark, rather than a seperate auction for the Moon. So maybe Ark are trying to improve the number of listings on Ark auction in an attempt to improve the economy.

Yet again though it brings to question the lack of fine detail before deeds are sold.

Good luck out there.

Rick

Are you able to pay to TP down to Ark like you can from Monria to Caly ?

Are you able to pay to TP down to Ark like you can from Monria to Caly ?

Not at the moment. Apparently Ark Team said it was designed like this, but might change if enough people don't like it. (Do not remember where i read the quote)

Space should all be lotable. No need baby cry order ms vip warp if you want to sneap some ores.

If it be to me i make lotable armors guns and rest items.
Then you cheating pirates for 10 years or more smuggling resources and killing prices is okay ?

Once you get more than 0 risk in space you starting crying ??

Last edited:
Space should all be lotable. No need baby cry order ms vip warp if you want to sneap some ores.

Then you cheating pirates for 10 years or more smuggling resources and killing prices is okay ?

1) You can't get a warp off the moon
2) Of course you wouldn't mind if everything were lootable, you're a reseller not an active player
3) What is 'lotable' able to be accumulated into lots?

Not acceptable!!!

After reading these threads, my take on it is that if you go to the moon you either have to TT or put any lootable items on auction and there is no safe way after that to leave this moon. Basically, you are either looted by the moon (kind of) or a pirate and then held 'hostage' to said moon.

I think I shall wait till moon is sorted before exploring. :scratch2: :eyecrazy:

Last edited:
Launched from Ark today, killed in under 15 seconds. Word is 10 pirates lined up like pigs at a feed trough.

Really??
That's just lame!

well, guess I'll postpone my trip to the moon for now then :scratch2:

What he said so i'll wait also :lolup:

Boycott if this was intended
Ban pirates if it is a bug and they are exploiting

Do something, this sounds like garbage that I will avoid at all costs.

I stay away for now...

bug_testing.jpg

:ahh:

Returning to Caly, in between stop on Cyrene.

Yes Pirates discovered this very quickly . Yesterday I was loaded with ores to load into my Starfinder XIII. Immediatelly I was attacked leaving atmosphere.( Damn that loading time into spacegrrrrr) Out of confusion I did not fly right back into atmosphere. ( Might have made it, not sure.) In retrospect i shouldve. Lets just say if you lose a few thousand peds of ores to a scummy common thief, it aint pleasant. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Theft is wrong ,I will never justify or speak good of theft. Its been like this thousands of years and will never change. I condemn it in the strongest terms including a game host that condones and promotes it. Its easy to attract flies. you just need to put stinky shit out.

Last edited:

You dont get the problem.

Its no problem that we have to go through lootable to reach/leave the moon or planet.
The problem is no safe zone when entering space, so no chance to survive the campers attacks.
You are shot down befor even all data loaded, and that really sucks.

So some really deserved - REP

Dumbest statement I have seen in a long time. Sure, go ahead and do that. End of game. I shouldn't be stunned these days by people's stupidity, but here I am.. stunned at your comment.

This is the last thing the Ark programmer was looking at just before the moon went live:

So now we know not to waste our time and Peds going to this moon, unless we want to hunt pirates.

What were the PP's thinking anyway?

or were they.....

I am disappointed TBH, I wanted to kill pirates when I left the moon, and they never seem to be there, like ever, I cant even remember the last time I saw one. I am starting to think pirates are a myth perpetuated by a mass of alts working for warp ships.

That said, its pretty easy, leave your loot and wait for more content to be added where that loot will be usable, with potential solutions to these problems or TT it and wait until they add more content and potential solutions.

And if you lost loot to a pirate...my god.... how long has space been lootable? I can never find a pirate to shoot and still hear of people getting looted regularly...it breaks my brain. If you have thousands of PEDs of stackable stuff you absolutely have to carry around with you everywhere you go, hire a warp.

I feel people don't seem to know that you can buy stuff from anywhere now. This means you can list a lot of things now from other planets that keen Caly crafters keep an eye out for and buy remotely. Unless you are one of those "ill never pay auction fees" people, then I cant help you in an economy game of this size where the auction is the centerpiece for most of the sales volume on any given day.

As far as the TP....An Ark dev on my twitch stream did confirm that the TP to planet is intended to work, is broken this release, but is fixed and waiting, like a couple other known bugs, for the next VU to be implemented since MA wont do hot fixes for PP even on important stuff like TP to planet.

I cannot imagine that MA or Ark would want PVP lootable as you leave planet, and expect a fix when MA allows it. Until then not a big deal, just don't bring stacks unless being summoned for a warp, but this should be well known by now.

Launched from Ark today, killed in under 15 seconds. Word is 10 pirates lined up like pigs at a feed trough.

nice words for nice players...o did i place my vote in of one of the many that DO NOT LIKE pirate camping.

Yes Pirates discovered this very quickly . Yesterday I was loaded with ores to load into my Starfinder XIII. Immediatelly I was attacked leaving atmosphere.( Damn that loading time into spacegrrrrr) Out of confusion I did not fly right back into atmosphere. ( Might have made it, not sure.) In retrospect i shouldve. Lets just say if you lose a few thousand peds of ores to a scummy common thief, it aint pleasant. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Theft is wrong ,I will never justify or speak good of theft. Its been like this thousands of years and will never change. I condemn it in the strongest terms including a game host that condones and promotes it. Its easy to attract flies. you just need to put stinky shit out.

THAT just sucks. You know in the real world where thieves and pirates work there are real POLICE to arrest them and jail them and where they don't work there's vigilantes. For us there's no police and no chance at retribution. The scum deserves punishment of one sort or another.

Back